Elderly Man Arrested After Exposing Himself to Little Girl

SPRING HILL – A day of grocery shopping for a father and his two children turned traumatic after an elderly man exposed himself to one of the children.

According to officials, 73-year-old Douglas Wayne Lavelle of 10145 Deer Street began following the family throughout the Winn Dixie on Spring Hill Drive.

The victim, a female under the age of 16, told her father that Lavelle was following them, so they proceeded to the checkout and then outside to the parking lot. Once outside, the little girl told her father that Lavelle had exposed himself to her while inside the store. The victim’s father immediately obtained Lavelle’s tag number and contacted the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies made contact with Lavelle at his residence but he denied exposing himself to the little girl. During a Child Protection Team (CPT) interview, the little girl provided evidence which was later presented to Lavelle during a second interview, prompting a full confession.

During the interview, Lavelle was confronted about two prior incidents that occurred at the Publix Supermarket located at Mariner and Northcliffe.  Lavelle had been “trespassed” from that location in May of 2015 for a similar incident of touching himself and following children around the store.

Lavelle is charged with Lewd and Lascivious Exhibition on a Child Under the Age of Sixteen and is free on $5,000 bond.

Lavelle

Comments
  • That pos is from Middletown nj. He was our neighbor too. He allegedly touched my 5 yr old daughter,my niece and I heard his own daughter. When confronted he denied it and his( my wife’s best friend in the world) wife after speaking to a dr she worked for accused me (the father off the girl) of molesting her. I couldn’t prove anything and had to look at him almost everyday. We moved a short time later. It’s strange that thirty years later his name comes up! My daughter went through therapy with costs that were extreme that my parents paid for. She’s doing fine with a daughter of her own. May god have mercy on his soul.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 9:04 am
  • well said Steve wdj I’m with you 100% if you don’t like it here go the f+++ back up north and take some of this trash that moved here back with you. I moved here 30 yrs ago and Spring Hill was a beautiful place before all this crap moved down from states up north. I’m from NY and I’m ashamed to tell people that because of the wise a++ New Yorkers who came here and brought their trash down with them. Look every where in any state they have crime,perverts,drugs but they don’t constantly post it on public media all day long if they did you would not want to live in any area. Now back to the real story here this man is sick he needs help because god help he or any sicko that does this to my grandkids or any kid I know they would of called an ambulance before the police

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 9:52 am
  • Hernando county does not have GATES that let you in and then lock tight and not let you out!! So, to all you wise asses out there that are talking s*** about living in hernando county, GET THE F OUT!! You can bet your ass that most of this shit was brought here from other states where the cost of living is sky rocket high!! Then they moved down here and this is what happened to hernando county!! Only 10-15 years ago hernando county was the fastest growing county in the state maybe in the U.S. and they were flocking here from up north after they sold their 3 bedroom house for 500 grand, then moved here and built a bigger home for 200 grand and all the trash was brought with them!! I have lived here all my life and that is over 40 some odd years and it did not start to be this way until we got flooded with all the northern crap! So, for all you shit slingers, this is what happened to hernando county and for all of you that are talking this way and doing nothing about it, get the F out!!! and dont let the gate hit you in the ass! Oh and to all you parents out there, start teaching your kids right from wrong and dont leave it to the schools to teach YOUR kids EVERYTHING! We have way to many parents out there that forgot what the word (parent) means.PARENT is a noun and a VERB ! Meaning, its not just something you are, it is something you have to do!!!! Do you know where your kids are and what is it they are doing?? Most dont now ah days

Monday, 27 July 2015, 8:36 pm
    • You lost me at 3 bedroom for 500 grand……..you MIGHT be able to buy ONE ROOM cottage for 500 grand where I’m from.

Monday, 27 July 2015, 9:09 pm
  • Judge toner…can’t stand that guy. Or his ex wife.

Monday, 27 July 2015, 4:33 pm
  • I wonder what tough on crime judge gave such a low bond?????….vote that asshole out..

Monday, 27 July 2015, 2:47 pm
  • You don’t need signs just look at the map in the sex offender registry put in one mile with an address n bam red icons pop up. We are not bad compared to Pasco or even Orlando !

Sunday, 26 July 2015, 3:26 pm
  • News
    The Florida county where police post ‘sexual predator’ road signs outside homes of convicted rapists and child molesters

By Daily Mail Reporter
    02:07 18 Apr 2013, updated 15:10 18 Apr 2013
    A Florida county is taking its duty to notify neighbors about sex offenders living in the community to the next level and posting red road side outside the homes of rapists and child molesters.

The sheriff of Bradford County, Florida, decided the reflective signs, which have each offender’s name, should be planted on the roadways outside the houses of convicted sexual predators to ward off children and notify parents about potentially-dangerous convicts in the area.

‘If it prevents one more victim in my community, I’ve done my job as sheriff,’ Sheriff Gordon Smith told First Coast News.

I strongly believe Hernando county has enough $$$$ to do this. The other thing is you have to always be alert because you never know who around here is gonna decide when they wake up in the morning to finally moleste,expose,rape,etc someone and ruin multiples peoples life’s with no worries knowing they will be able to bond out with a low bond in a couple of hours from a hernando co bondsman

I wonder how many red signs you would see around Hernando county…?

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 8:16 pm
  • Hey everyone check out ALL THOSE perverts living IN spring hill…many by parks and playground schools….and IN cowtown(brooksville) …they live in your trailer park….ALL OF YOU should look THEM up….pedophile capital spring hill….

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 10:27 am
  • This stuff is not new here. But because we have sites like Real news now we hear about it. Same goes with accidents and other crimes that we never heard of.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 8:24 am
  • Hernandocounty has more people living here that come from New York than anywhere else that is why I said NY. That is why I said what I said @ Tony

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 12:21 am
  • Right boschamps? Someone I know was accused of robbing a drug dealer. His charge was robbery. He had one prior conviviction for sales. His bond was 174,000. Point blank, he stole weed from a drug dealer. I am not saying this is right, I’m saying in hernando, his bond was that amount. And this guy, who has done this before, (good job publix…wow they really dropped the ball).gets 5000 bond? I just don’t understand. The potential for him reoffending is high. Kristinn unfortunately can’t feel safe on her own street because the state thinks his bond should be that low. Wow smh

Friday, 24 July 2015, 9:08 pm
  • I am utterly disgusted, especially because this pervert lives on my street and we just moved here. I have 3 little kids.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 6:41 pm
  • Five thousand?????….good going state prosecutor..

Friday, 24 July 2015, 2:56 pm
  • I would really love to know the “guidelines” these judges use to determine bond. It seems to me if you rob a house your bond is higher than if you abuse a child. I’m sorry, but in my book, a child is worth a hell of a lot more than a house. **** is backwards.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 2:12 pm
  • This piece of ***,,,, why is he not locked the hell up, forever,, throw away the key,,, better yet save taxpayers money,, plenty of trees around,,, he won’t change,,,, I say this because,, they only stop when they are incarcerated, or dead,, so far doesn’t look as though incarceration has done a damn but if good,, my previous comment, did not clearly define my distain for this waste of space

Friday, 24 July 2015, 12:50 pm
  • Right on Dan, and it happens everywhere and the worse is to come……

Friday, 24 July 2015, 7:38 am
  • Read the bible and learn why these things are happening, its nothing new. 😉

Friday, 24 July 2015, 6:59 am
  • Plz feel free to comment on my Facebook. Im not shy and I will tell you something else, jails are not rehab hospitals, i truly feel bad for the Deputies that have to play Dr.there, ive seen it with my own eyes,i thank them whole heartedly, that is not what they signed up for but they are great for all that they do. Ty to all the jail staff. Keep up the great work you all do for the crumbs you get paid

Friday, 24 July 2015, 3:34 am
  • Spring Hill is just the New York of the south. Its unfortunate, I moved my family here from Boston 13 yrs ago and unfortunately it has been in a downward spiral for the last 5 or 7 yrs, I think that unemployment and crystal meth have really taken a toll here. You would think with all the money they brag that the Sheriff and County have an abundance of that they would build a no cost rehab center and job training center and bring some good back to our beautiful county, anyone agree?

Friday, 24 July 2015, 3:25 am
    • I’m also from Massachusetts and it has become the black tar heroin capital of the United States……….I guess we have to pick our eveils 🙁

Friday, 24 July 2015, 7:23 am
    • I moved here from Long Island NY 12 years ago and it didn’t take me long to notice that there was a lot more criminal;activity going on down here then where I came from and it seems to have gotten worse as the years have gone by. Long Island has a vast population and it’s also got it’s shire of crime but the crime per capita here for this area seems to be way more then it should be and I’ll say it again, If you’ve never lived anywhere else in this country where you can compare crime in your old area to crime in your new area you lack the proper information to make such a statement,

Friday, 24 July 2015, 12:29 pm
      • I moved here 15 years ago from Massachusetts, the crime rate there is less per capita also. Maybe because where we come from (up north) we were taught better. Got a better education and our parents actually gave a **** what we did. If I wasn’t home when the street lights came on, and I was just out hanging around and not at cheer leading or something, I’d get my a** kicked !!!

Friday, 24 July 2015, 1:38 pm
  • Those poor children will have that awful image of the old man and his junk!
    I don’t think it’s only Spring Hill that has these frequent types of crimes day to day.
    I think we are just fortunate enough to have RNRF out there keeping us updated on what’s going out here in our area. I seriously am addicted to this site
    I have lived in Pasco and in Pinellas, we did not have a local website to turn to from sun up to sundown for local information but I assure you Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco are just as bad, we are inching our way out of the State, county by county, maybe the problem is Florida

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 11:39 pm
  • He needs to be Neutered! Pet Luv on 41 and Wiscon. 45 bucks! I will pay for it!

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 10:21 pm
  • So this a-hole is out on 5000 bond. Why do they allow this to keep happening. Right now it’s just exposer next it will be kidnapping and worse. I say cut it OFF….

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 10:19 pm
  • This stuff happens in this town because we have barely any jobs around here over minimum wage even $10 an hour is a laughable wage to live on! What else are people going to do?

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 10:08 pm
    • I really don’t think that the minimum wage has anything to do with exposing yourself to young girls. He is a sick man and should be locked up somewhere before he does any more harm to young children.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:18 am
    • He’s 73 years old. I don’t believe he was looking for a job. Sounds like the politician that said we should give jobs to the terrorists and that would appease them. Some people are just evil. The old man needs to be locked up somewhere away from children.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 6:34 am
  • I would have beat his ass so bad that he would have needed a Hospital instead of a jail cell. I tip my hat to the father of that girl because I would have not been so nice.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 9:54 pm
  • Amen Evelyn!!!!!!! I GREW UP IN MOON LAKE, and wow I have a son in college && and here’s the shocker!!!! IVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED OR A DRUGGIE,,,,, JUDGING OTHERS,,REALLY????

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 9:50 pm
  • cut off his balls

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 9:13 pm
  • Justice and Tony – how dare you! Not all people that live in Hernando County are thugs and druggies, nor are they dirt bags. Yes, this county has issues just like other counties. We all need to be more diligent in helping our law enforcement catch those that commit crimes.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 6:38 pm
    • Yah, Evelyn, they just stumbled upon to this web site, because they don’t live here, and never heard of this county, it’s all new to them

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 10:34 pm
    • I’ve lived here for the last 12 years and this place has gotten worse regarding crime and if you haven’t notice that then you’ve been walking around with your eye’s closed. Of course everybody in Hernando County are not criminals but if you view these pages on a daily basses you can’t deny they there is a big problem here, They don’t throw people in jail here for nothing. Maybe you’ve never lived anywhere else out of state where you could compare crime rates from where you came from and if that’s the case you lack the facts. Local crime is posted on this site every day weather it regards perverts, thieves, drugs, grow houses, reckless drivers take your pick, This should never be accepted as normal unless you’ve lived here all of your life and think it’s normal.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 12:14 pm
  • Its a shame that you can’t buy your groceries with out some nut doing that.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 6:29 pm
  • I don’t get it…is this a compulsion he can’t control or does he get some thrill out of it?
    The poor child had to be questioned by Sheriff and the CPT how terrible.
    I hope his entire family knows how horrible he is, wife, children and friends/neighbors…maybe there are more victims? Since it’s not his first rodeo.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 6:24 pm
  • He looks like a deviant!!

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 6:15 pm
  • I say the same thing, What the hell is going on here in Hernando County, This has become a haven for dirt bags committing all sorts of crime, Perverts, auto accidents every day caused by drunks and people high on drugs or just plan reckless drivers up and down Spring Hill Drive and Mariner Blvd and it’s gotten way out of hand. Spring Hill sounds like such a nice place to live until you live here awhile to really see what goes on, It’s no wonder why the jails are so full around here because there are so many dirt bags backed into this county. They were going to produce one of those cop shows here in Brooksville but they canceled it because if it went live on TV about all the crime going on here no one would want to relocate here so it was canceled. I guess the county doesn’t want to let the rat out of the bag.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 6:12 pm
    • Next door in Pasco got the Cops show….

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 6:44 pm
  • Is there something in the water in spring hill? I cant believe the raping, shooting, drugs and mentality of people that live there its literally consumed with thugs and druggies. I wouldnt bring my dog in that county. This old man is ballsy enough to do something like this then he is capable of worse. I hope they make so he cant go near a child. Time for nee sheriff to get the scum locked up

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 5:29 pm
    • I’m sure your perfect, I guess you’ve been lucky so far that they haven’t caught you yet, SpringHill has its problems like all counties, please name a prefect one? Thank God they caught this guy, but don’t blame everyone, or think that everyone is the same, if so, you are too…

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 10:39 pm
  • Unbelievable!!!!!!

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 5:10 pm
  • Sad is he only had 5000 bond.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 5:08 pm
  • Disappointed in Publix, they only had him tresspassed?? With all the cameras in that store, maybe they should have had him arrested then.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 4:49 pm
  • Unreal. Keep your kids close to you when out in public.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 4:12 pm
  • I would have beat his a**, THEN called the sheriffs !!!!

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 4:12 pm