Elderly Man Struck by Pickup Truck Pushing Disabled Car Out of Roadway

SPRING HILL – An elderly man sustained traumatic injuries this evening, after his was struck by a pickup truck while trying to push his disabled car off County Line Road.

According to witnesses, the dark colored sedan (Pictured Below) was in the center lane of County Line Road, facing eastbound near 7 Hills Blvd, with at least three people helping push the car out of the roadway. One witness says they nearly struck the victim and was forced off the roadway to avoid a collision; unfortunately, the truck behind them did collide with the victim. Although the victim was unconscious at the time of the accident, he regained consciousness before being transported to Bayonet Point Hospital for treatment.

There are no other reports of injuries at this time.

crash 1 Crash 2 Crash 3

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Glad to hear he is with family. Still sending prayers for speedy recovery. – Was wondering how he was doing. – Linda

Sunday, 6 December 2015, 12:05 pm
  • How sad, I hope he is okay and recovers from his injuries, prayers go out to him??

Tuesday, 1 December 2015, 7:30 pm
  • u so right tone. county line is dark especially at night with no headlights and the curves my goodness. if you have never driven any where else to compare it to u wouldnt understand. you got old timers. senile. what. county line is a straight road.

Monday, 30 November 2015, 11:50 pm
  • County line road is very dark and needs better lighting especially where it makes a sharp curve without any warning.

Monday, 30 November 2015, 2:26 pm
  • Prayers for THE ELDERLY Gentleman is ok and makes a speedy recovery. Person who hit him is an idiot driver, shouldn’t be on the roads!

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 1:52 pm
  • Apparently, the old man’s tire went out in the turning lane and asked for help and while they were moving the car, they got hit by the pickup. Hope all is okay.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 10:30 am
  • It’s really bad driving in this town. I’m amazed. Every time I see a motorcyclist I say a prayer for them. People aren’t paying attention and in a hurry to get no where honestly.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 8:57 am
  • If I could find work 3 or 4 counties north of here I would get out, The idiots drive like s–t. here. Its just to much traffic, my preferred mode of transportation is a motorcycle, that makes it worst.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 8:27 am
  • Does anyone know if the person involved in the motorcycle accident off 50 (cortez) on mariner is ok? (Happened on thanksgiving) I witnessed the accident. The lady driving the car pulled out in front of him and it looked bad. I read someone else’s comment about it on a different post, they said the motorcycle was speeding. I seen it happen, he was not speeding.The lady was completely at fault. I think the driver of the car may have accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake. That’s what it looked like happened.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 2:25 am
  • Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 1:05 am
    • Thanks much for your prayers, all. He is back in Michigan with family. The car had stalled and could not be restarted which is the reason that the lights weren’t on, electrical problem.

Thanks again.

His Son

Sunday, 6 December 2015, 11:30 am
  • Yes slow down how can u hit someone if u can’t see don’t drive

Saturday, 28 November 2015, 11:43 pm
  • Sending prayers to all involved

Saturday, 28 November 2015, 11:11 pm
  • Prayers to this man for a quick recovery. What the hell is wrong with people?? Slow down! -Linda

Saturday, 28 November 2015, 9:53 pm