Elderly Man Sustains Traumatic Injuries in Rollover Crash

BROOKSVILLE – An elderly man sustained traumatic injuries, after a rollover crash at Barclay Ave just north of Spring Hill Drive. Two possibly three vehicles were involved in the crash but no other injuries have been reported.

There is substantial road blockage in the northbound lanes due to several emergency personnel on scene.

The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of the crash.

There is no word at this time on the victim’s condition.

cr1 cr2 cr3 cr4

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Alicia is being emotional. Perfectly understandable given the situation. Alicia hopefully you are ok. Hopefully the man is ok too. Thank goodness some of my fellow Spring Hillians are not in the criminal justice system. The removing of news articles and stomach pumping for evidence comments are absurd. A little extreme for a car accident. We the people do have rights and I’d like to keep it that way. A mind is like a parachute. It only works if it’s open. Thought the report was professional Tom.

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 8:54 pm
    • commish, “stomach pumping for evidence” is on another article.

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 9:01 pm
  • Too many dam accidents around here, It’s ridicules!!!

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 4:21 pm
  • Wow just sad.. The girl had minor injuries also.. Last I saw the daughter said he was doing ok in Icu!!

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 3:22 pm
  • Agree Sandy K , I really hope the elderly gentleman is ok. Be safe out there people.

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 2:31 pm
  • Wow,
    The article is about an elderly man sustaining “traumatic” injuries,
    in a car “accident” and he is the “only one” taken to hospital.
    So when you read it in the “correct” context, you know he was an
    “injured” victim, whether HE was at “fault” or not.
    You also know there were no other victims injured,
    at least not enough to go to hospital.

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 1:59 pm
  • ANOTHER DAY….ANOTHER ROLLOVER…

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 1:48 pm
  • Wow This sounds like Highschool!
    Tom please give us an update if you happen to hear how the elderly gentlemen is doing.

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 8:39 am
  • “Wow” – I love and hate you all at the same time. Haha. “Most of your birthdays are proof of that.” Classic! …. But I don’t think anyone cares about Alicia’s anger or whether she was at fault or not. It just seemed that she was upset with people not commenting to see if she’s ok.

“Weight Watchers” – Doesn’t everyone hate you until January 1st? Regardless, you’re comment is uncalled for. I don’t even know what Alicia looks like, but that is so beyond importance. Be nice.
    ….. In the mean time, do you have any Thanksgiving or Christmas food tips? I hate gaining those holiday pounds, but I don’t want to miss out on the decadents. I also don’t want to miss out on 4th or 5th meal (like ever) sooo yeaaaa…. Could you work on a “workout replacement bar”? It’s like a meal replacement bar, but instead of skipping the meal, you skip the gym BUT STILL burn 2,000 calories! (You’d probably be able to hire Oprah or Donald Trump as your butler if you were to invent such a product.)

Mr. Tom – Is this the longest thread you’ve had on a car accident article? (Or any article)…. If it’s not, please provide us with a number to beat so we can reach #1 in the comment quantity books.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 10:40 pm
  • Alicia you’re Fat.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:33 pm
    • If that were her only issue. I think her mental issues far exceed any mental issue she mat have.

Saturday, 14 November 2015, 8:11 am
  • Accidents happen hope everyone is ok and the old guy recovers quickly!!

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:01 pm
  • Can’t we all just get along lol

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:00 pm
  • wow ive had enjoyment tonight reading all the comments on a simple roll over accident that is one of many accidents a day here in hernando county. thanks RNRF

Friday, 6 November 2015, 7:04 pm
  • Ummm i thought she was crazy too but the bottom of the story states the victim,which is a indication that she was at fault,so if the facts are not available,as Tom did say.that assumption would meritt her anger,also if he recieved a citation it indicates she is the victim not him,appoligy should ensue.however it seems to be a accident,i know most everyone commenting has a perfect record and makes noooooo mistakes and everyone else in the world is stupid( btw this is sarcasim just so we are clear)i know all you idiots that walk around saying crime hill this is out of hand around here clearly live in a bubble gonna tell you a secrect accidents happen most of your birthdays are proof of that,also they happen even in other towns not just spring hill all over america as a matter of fact,Alicia i hope your o.k and feeling well as i also hope the old dude is o.k the rest of you cry babies g.f.y’s

Friday, 6 November 2015, 6:31 pm
    • Wow,
      The article is about an elderly man sustaining “traumatic” injuries,
      in a car “accident” and he is the “only one” taken to hospital.
      So when you read it in the “correct” context, you know he was an
      “injured” victim, whether HE was at “fault” or not.
      You also know there were no other victims injured,
      at least not enough to go to hospital.

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 3:35 pm
  • Scratchin my head

Friday, 6 November 2015, 5:18 pm
  • Alexis – Before I even try to understand what you’re saying, do you mind describing to me what is was about my post that was “sexist”? …. And please use specifics.

I think there is some miscommunication between what you consider a false allegation vs my opinion (as it states before I make a remark about Alicia, I have no factual knowledge of this individual, therefore am forming opinions based off her article comments).

I will give you this, Alexis: Perhaps me making an assumption that she was “fine” was misleading. What I meant was, thankfully she is still able to cognitively function. (Judging by the pictures, it really wasn’t a fender bender, sooooo yeaaaa… do you see where I’m getting at?)

Anyway Alexis – I’d really love to hear how I made “sexist” remarks. Or what you felt was sexist….

Also. I wouldn’t say I’m egotistical. I’m not trying to develop a more favorable picture of myself through this post. Somewhat bored and am enjoying putting a sarcastic spin on this whole *Alicia ordeal? Yes.

—-> Update: Just reread your post to try an locate this “sexist” issue. I may have found what confused you…. When I said “HE” may be rushing to Publix… (Stay with me, this is the confusing part)…. I was supporting Alicia’s innocence in the accident. Aka… Thinking about a wide variety of variables in this situation. Aka… Looking at the incident from different perspectives.

But still… Specifics on the sexist remark please :]

Oh Alexis – can you also comment on your post to *Sandy K* about the lawyer/legal remark? IF you scroll up to *Alicia’s comment at 6pm, she references needing the article removed for legal aspects. I would just like to hear your opinion of what Alicia’s comment sounds like to you….

*Amy Wonder – I’m not sure if you’re thinking I’m Tom posting under this name, or what…. But my username was a sarcastic joke describing this entire article. I’m not Tom, nor am I reporter. I’m just an individual who had a case of jet lag and boredom, and felt like getting in on this comment posting action.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 3:11 pm
    • AllAboutAlicia,
      In my opinion Alexis/Alicia is just too ignorant to GET IT.
      I have no desire to give them anymore of MY attention!

Friday, 6 November 2015, 4:51 pm
  • Alexis,
    Thank you. 🙂

Friday, 6 November 2015, 2:56 pm
  • Hey is Alicia aka Alexis (lexis) seems to be the same identical words being used. Just a hunch. Of course it is. Making herself look silly.

Alicia / Alexis glad your ok… what a shame that everyone is acting this way.
    I can only hope the gentleman driving the other car gets well quickly.

Alicia / Alexis I do however think you need to grow up and think before you speak as you did jump the gun when you started this whole conversation. Tom did nothing wrong. His post / Story was basic and mentioned nothing at all for you to attack him. So on that note you got attacked and felt just what Tom did when you went after him. Does not feel so good does it.

I have 2 daughters who clearly act far older than you do and would never disrespect someone on line.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 1:55 pm
  • Great pic of the tight jeans.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 12:33 pm
  • Sandy K who are you a doctor do you MD next to your name. No one should make any comments unless you were there. which I believe none of you were. because someone asked for this post to come down doesn’t make them guilty. But since the story was never updated he eldery gentle man got the ticket not Alicia. I believe read all the comments just like everyone did never once was mentioned a lawyer or law suit. If it did then I need stronger glasses. Everyone step back and take a moment and think do you or family member want to be judged or having people writing nasty comments I don’t believe so.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:31 am
    • Alexis,
      You must be Alicia’s twin, alter ego or whatever, because you are
      clearly seeing things that aren’t there, JUST LIKE ALICIA!
      NOBODY accused ANYONE of being guilty in this accident EXCEPT
      for YOU and ALICIA!! Stupid is as stupid does. smh
      Nobody reading yours & Alicia’s comments needs MD next to their
      name to see that you both have issues!
      I feel sorry for you both. And I hope you can find a good therapist/psychiatrist.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 2:23 pm
  • Please stop the fighting. Tom provides a service to Hernando Co. and surrounding areas. He’s doing nothing wrong. He mentions no names and points no fingers. Only facts are given when police reports are available to him. I find RNRF helpful when accidents are reported. It tells me what areas to avoid when driving.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:15 am
  • AMEN also ACCIDENT..hum? look it up. young or old they happen . thank you lord for the safety of the human lives …. amen

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:10 am
  • I want to know how a car sitting that low to the ground rolled over

Friday, 6 November 2015, 7:57 am
  • Narcissist= a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 6:38 am
  • Alica,I hope you and the other Alicia are okay! Don’t get why you are so upset unless they are awaiting your tox screen which would explain the two Alica’s. Your kind of confusingyou posted your name not Mr. Lemmon. Maybe the voices did it?

Friday, 6 November 2015, 6:17 am
  • It is the time of year for everyone to slow down , STOP texting and using cell phones . Its better to arrive to your destination a few minutes late than to not arrive at all or hurt someone else.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 5:47 am
  • …. So Alicia thinks that because an incident is pending legal action, it is not allowed to be reported? Interesting. But it’s even more interesting that she thinks COMMENTING on the article, as well as disclosing who received a ticket, is providing LESS personal information than the article itself. (Referencing back to her comment asking Tom to remove the article because it is “disrespectful and personal.”)

Ok guys…. EVERYONE DROP WHAT THEYRE DOING AND PAY ATTENTION TO ALICIA. (Obviously she feels this story is her 5minutes of fame and she needs all the attention focused on her.)

Alicia – 99.9% of the time, I’d never lash out at someone online, but I’m compelled to make an exception for you. If anything, I hope these words open your eyes – just enough – so you can see other individuals exist in the world. This may be asking too much, but, I hope you learn what *EMPATHY* means so you can try applying it to your everyday life. (You should probably look up the term “disrespectful” too… *The Article; not disrespectful. Informative. *My Post; somewhat disrespectful towards you. Harshly honest. *Your Posts; Disrespectful. Attention seeking.)

Overall, I’m glad you’re ok – I don’t wish harm on anyone; regardless the level of their selfishness. That being said… I think you’re one of those individuals who walks around with an attitude of entitlement, blowing your role in whatever situation out of proportion, in order to have all the focus on you. You can disagree with me all you want; I’m sure you’re aching at the opportunity to share with everyone the type of person you are anyway…. But based off of your very few previous posts, that’s the opinion I formed. (I mean, can you really blame me?)

So here’s the reality, Alicia… The majority of individuals reading this unbiased article wouldn’t really think twice about it. In fact, you’d probably be the one people would give the benefit of the doubt to. Comments would probably be along the lines of “another elderly driver makes mistake, etc. etc.”
    However, your quick actions changed the typical comment course…. here’s where this gets super fun. Let’s see how *All About Alicia* got started:
    4:17pm – Tom posts the article.
    4:23pm – 1st comment regarding traffic.
    4:54pm – 2nd comment appears. *CUE ALICIA*
    ….. Your comment goes off on a crazy fictitious rant about people pointing fingers, blah blah blah. (Seriously? My username looks more authentic than your babbling accusations.)

I do have a question though… At 4:54pm, you stated no reports had been made. At 6pm, you stated all that legal and ticket nonsense. My question is (and this is directed towards you Alicia)…. Was your first comment posted from the scene of the accident? (CRAP. I have more than 1 question.) Did you call a lawyer from the scene of the accident? Did you go off on a rant to all the police and EMS about how it was the other drivers fault? If it was the other drivers fault, and he was ticketed, why the extreme urgency to obtain a lawyer? (Granted, I don’t know the exact time of your accident, but I assume it was around 4pm…) How did you know what lawyer to call? Did you call 411-Pain or 1-800-Ask-Gary?

How about some ethical questions… Did you check on the other individual to see if he was ok? Actually, THAT is my only question. (Looks like I’m getting mixed up on the quantities of potential questions.)

My opinion: (these are so fun because there is no factual basis behind them… try not to take it personal)… By how quick you were to defend yourself, and to obtain legal counsel, it sounds like you have something to hide. Actually, let me rephrase that… By how quick you were to jump on social media, accusing others of being unfair and judgemental towards your situation, and to openly admit the other individual received a ticket, it looks like you have something to hide. (I’m not knocking obtaining legal counsel during these moments… I just think your actions raise a red flag.)

So are you hiding something, Alicia? Did they find illegal substances in your car? Were you speeding? If the police were to review your phone activity during the time of the crash, would they see you active on it? Did you have insurance? Do you have a suspended license? Were you under the influence? Were you driving a vehicle with a stolen tag? Are you legally old enough to drive?

I know there are an alarming number of questions, but they’re rhetorical and no answer is wanted. HOWEVER, let me answer your FIRST SENTENCE from your FIRST POST: you said “I’m the driver of the red car, anyone wonder if I was ok?” …No. 2 reasons; 1) The article stated that no other injuries had been reported. (At least in the article everyone else read. I’m not too sure what it said in the article you read that claimed to blame you(?)) 2) You didn’t give anyone a chance to wonder. And by the time we were done reading the article, and began to scroll through comments to see if there were any updates from friends or family, your distasteful comment clearly shows you are physically fine.

Clearly (again, just a speculation)…. Your narcissistic personality is a repellant to society. You can’t stand the fact that your name wasn’t mentioned in the article as being a “victim”, so you had to make your presence known. Are you angry a photo of you didn’t make the cut on RNRF’s website, also?

Putting myself in your shoes (size: 1; because there’s only 1 person in the world that matters and that’s me! Please catch the sarcasm there) Anyway, putting myself in your shoes, I can understand why you’d want people to know you’re a part of this story… You enjoy being in a situation that can be talked about and stir attention. Because you are fine, you are afraid people will care less about your involvement in this accident. By you pointing out the wrong doing of the other individual in the manner you did, it is obvious you are jealous of the attention he’s getting, and you’re grasping to hold the focus of the story on you. I can assure you that the focus of this article now has become about you, through a distasteful filter.

A more appropriate way to have made your business known: “I was the driver of the red car. It was an unfortunate situation overall. I’m thankful to have escaped serious injuries. I hope the other individual recovers quickly.”

Of course, there are many circumstances where someone in your situation doesn’t end up alright. Instead they end up with life impacting or fatal injuries. Accidents happen. The reason why you, ALICIA, are getting scolded with comments is because you’re taking forgranted your positive outcome. Sadly, I bet you feel the other individual “deserved” his outcome because it was his “fault” since you claim he was issued a ticket.

Despite whose fault it was, it is a sad situation. It is a sad situation to see you be so…. Heartless? And it is a sad situation to see an individual physically suffer due to a mistake. (Or for any reason)

For all we know, he was rushing to Publix to pick up dinner for his wife, or maybe picking up medication he didn’t realize he ran out of. Maybe he was running to the store to pick up candles for a birthday cake or a 6pack to share with a few friends. (Crazy when you stop thinking about yourself and think about how others lives are interrupted.)

Well…. That’s about all of *All About Alicia* I can write, and I’m sure anyone wants to read. I hope the man who sustained injuries in this accident heals quickly….

Alicia – …… hopefully this ridiculously long post will feed your attention hungry cravings.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 1:24 am
    • First off! You egotistical prick! If she was doing drugs or had some in her car she would of been arrested or had been in handcuffs. So, let me answer that for you. No! She wasn’t on drugs nor was she intoxicated. If so You would’ve seen pictures had anything negative been found in her error. She might be selfish or things in those nature, but then again that is only your opinion. Instead what you are doing is throwing around false allegations of someone with a GUILTY conscience. SO what skeletons are in your closet? Since, you seem to think you know what are in someone else’s? Do you have any proof to back these alleged allegations? If so feel free. The accident was not her fault, as the older man pulled out in front her. Accidents happen and yes some can be prevented! But this was an accident in someone else’s error. Yes! you are right it is a sad situation; but as you stated “HE” might have been rushing to Publix. Now a days everyone is in a rush to get some where; but you can not put the blame on one person. Even if it’s due to age, race, or sex. Just one question were you there? Did you know if she got hurt? Do you know if she hit her head? Passed out? Cut her arm/arms or Legs? “All about Alicia” must be your job to be a reporter. Last time I check Tom is and was the reporter. Thank Goodness you weren’t the reporter! Everything, would have been twisted around so the victim looked Guilty just to appease your sexist side. I hope you satisfied with the FACT that we can now see that you are “SEXIST”! And have nothing but BIASED opinions, without any merit. Therefor, I would say have a wonderful fun filled EGOTISTICAL DAY!

Friday, 6 November 2015, 11:57 am
    • AllAboutAlicia,
      Very well said. You described Alicia PERFECTLY!

Alexis,
      You must be cut from the same cloth (related to Alicia) as Alicia,
      or maybe you ARE Alicia (split personalities?) for all we know.
      You both sound like ATTENTION SEEKERS!!!!
      Not to mention that now you are name calling (*prick*), nice language…….NOT

Friday, 6 November 2015, 2:09 pm
  • Prayers for all involved

Friday, 6 November 2015, 12:13 am
  • well you’re posting on news articles about it, so you’re clearly ok.the old man was bay flighted out so you’re clearly looking for attention by announcing who you are and crying for attention about how you are doing when you walked away from the accident and he wasn’t as fortunate

Friday, 6 November 2015, 12:12 am
    • the man was not bay flight not to sure where you get your sources from he was brought by ems to a local hospital he was the cause of the accident so learn your facts first .

Friday, 6 November 2015, 11:11 am
  • Vehicle inspections! Look at pics, tires and who knows what else! Hope everyone is okay. This might have been prevented. All I’m saying. Peace!

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 8:55 pm
  • Think she is meaning law suit.. tom keep reporting as you see. No names are mentioned and no fingers are being pointed..

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 6:53 pm
    • Alicia – how fast were you driving … afterall you flipped him over… were you on phone or texting ??? maybe an investigation is needed…. any skid marks ???

Friday, 6 November 2015, 2:27 pm
      • Good question “Alicia – how fast were you driving”

Friday, 6 November 2015, 6:33 pm
  • i hope everyone is ok

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 6:43 pm
  • I was a witness on scene, the older man was the cause of this… So sad. People don’t look before things are done!! Drive safe

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 6:01 pm
    • I’m an old man.. Not the old man in the accident though. How about everyone in Spring Hill let the FHP do their jobs and stop pointing fingers. You could say what you saw but there could be more to the story than what you witnessed.

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 6:27 pm
      • Old Man,

Are you related to Alicia or are you both just BLIND????????
        Nobody pointed fingers, nowhere on this page!!

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 7:06 pm
        • Your a world class act Sandy K do you think your a stand up comedian. You should think before you say things and put yourself in this girls shoes

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:37 am
        • Sandy, I’m referring to Alicia and No Name.

Saturday, 14 November 2015, 8:06 am
  • Tom I’m referring to you. Due to legal aspects you can remove it please and thank you. and to all that want a update here it is….. The gentleman got a ticket

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 6:00 pm
      • Tom,

I think she has mental issues! j/s

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 7:11 pm
        • why don’t you block people like this Tom?, is it for more readers?, This POS, need’s to be cut

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 10:27 pm
          • I do believe this guy is correct post like this should not be allowed. if you scan them then they shouldn’t be posted people talking about someone’s health state or make judgments is horrible. when did she become a doctor. Her comments are unnecessary.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:34 am
  • she must be talking to the person in her head,

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 5:52 pm
    • maybe should mind your own business

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:36 am
  • Alicia,
    It’s obvious and understandable that you’re upset about what happened, but regardless of who was at fault in causing this accident doesn’t the fact that everyone involved survived mean a little bit more.

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 5:50 pm
  • Wow

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 5:50 pm
  • No you can delete it… That’s disrespectful and personal. Thank you

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 5:27 pm
  • Alicia,

What makes you think you are any better than anyone else who
    has been reported in an accident on RNRF, to ask Tom to delete his article?
    Tom did NOT mention anyone’s names, YET!
    Nor did he point fingers at anyone who may have caused this
    accident in the first place!
    You are an attention seeker in my opinion! smdh

Speaking of finger pointing, do you have a guilty conscience that
    would cause you to make that statement???????

Prayers for the elderly man. 🙁

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 5:25 pm
    • PS

I have no sympathy for you after your
      jumping to conclusions AND, then
      ASKING for the readers sympathy!
      That takes a LOT of nerve, WOW!!!

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 5:43 pm
      • Well I believe she was the one in the car accident she knows what happened and since she didn’t get the ticket I believe she has every right to ask for something to come down. I hope nothing every happens to you like this and some one writes these comments about you or none the less a family member of yours.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:42 am
        • Alexis,
          She does not have the right to ask Tom to remove the article.
          You ever hear of Freedom of the Press & Freedom of Speech?
          Look them up!

Friday, 6 November 2015, 3:06 pm
  • I’m the driver of the red car, anyone wonder if I was ok? Don’t point finger till u know the story!!! Tom lemons don’t know anything cause there’s been no reports done. Appreciated if delete thx TOM!!!!!!!

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 4:54 pm
    • im going to say just one thing . ” PEOPLE SLOW DOWN ” thank you thats my public service announcement.

Friday, 6 November 2015, 9:48 am