Exclusive Video of Springstead Student,Teacher Altercation

SPRING HILL – Yesterday, RNRF brought you the news of an altercation that occurred between a Springstead High School teacher and two students. One student now faces a felony charge of Battery on a School Teacher as a result of the incident.

Today, a student who witnessed the incident first-hand provided a short video clip, exclusively to RNRF. That student wished to remain anonymous. Follow this link STUDENT ALTERCATION or click the video box below to watch the incident, as it unfolded.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

SPRING HILL – Violence continues to plague Hernando County Schools, after officials say a Springstead High School Student Battered her teacher and a fellow student.

According to reports, Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the school around 9:00 a.m. yesterday, after a verbal dispute between a Marine Biology Instructor and a student turned violent. Officials say a 17-year-old female student refused to dissect a Clam, at the request of her teacher, Maria Wagner, which led to the student becoming verbally abusive. At that time, Mrs. Wagner asked the student to leave the classroom, but as she exited, another student, defending Mrs. Wagner, stated “Mrs. Wagner Cannot touch you, but I can” and proceed to punch her in the mouth. Mrs. Wagner attempted to get between the two students, but the belligerent student attacked Mrs. Wagner, by pushing her, bending her thumb backwards, and finally spitting on her face and neck.

Based on witness testimony and the suspect’s statement, the student was placed under arrest and charged with Battery on School Personnel – a felony.

The student has since been turned over to her parents.

video springstead

Comments
  • Tom, I understand that you have more video footage? Why aren’t you posting it?

Sunday, 6 March 2016, 8:16 am
  • Mrs. Wagner is very inappropriate with the relationships she has with her students. The other student that came to help Mrs Wagnor said,,” Mrs Wagner can’t hit you but I can. Mrs. W needs to stop inviting students over her house and letting them hang out in her class room, there not even enrolled in the class. why is Adminstration allowing a teacher to act like that.

Saturday, 5 March 2016, 12:13 pm
  • I dont know what happen before the video but i have to agree the second girl should of just got help and not punch the one being restrained but again the video is the middle of the incident,and i understand she was defending the teacher,but i dont think she should not get some kind of disaplinary action for hitting a restrained student.again this is just based on what i seen in the short video,and by displinary action a write up or something im not saying expelled and shipped off to kiddie jail,just a example for other student for future refrence not to interfere with a restrained child.good intentions maybe,but not justified by that clip.the teacher was not getting hit and beat up.

Saturday, 5 March 2016, 9:36 am
  • why are people defending the girl that punched after the fact? she walked away and there was no present danger and came back and committed physical battery which is a crime. I get patients that have kicked me and slapped me bc they are having issues. That doesnt give me any right to start punching them. Alright so the other student was being problematic, that doesnt give any one the right or the authority in that classroom to discipline her by means of physical actions. Ashamed by the mentality of people. The I done got disrespected so iz gonna use my fists logic. I can understand why we have violent students of various ages bc apparently the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree.

Friday, 4 March 2016, 7:22 pm
  • Yeap control these so called privileged kids, because when they meet up with someone like me there going to get their ass handed to them…and if mommy and daddy come to the rescue they will get the same, because they should have taught them respect, respect for all and it starts at home with these so called parents.

Friday, 4 March 2016, 2:48 pm
  • All of you are idiots lol keep hooping and hollering but y’all ain’t gonna do ****. Control your damn children because this girl here isn’t the only one doing this type of ****

Friday, 4 March 2016, 12:17 pm
  • **** THE GIRL WHO WAS BEING HELD AND BEATN SHE DESERVED IT MRS WAGNER IS A VERY NICE TEACHER. **** THAT PIECE OF **** DELINQUINT

Friday, 4 March 2016, 11:27 am
  • Anonymous at 12:00AM, very well stated… As for most of the rest of you crying about the girl in the Noles shirt hitting the girl in the corner unprovoked, obviously you are blind and only see what you want to see and missed the whole part where the girl in the corner kicks the Noles shirt in the stomach first. As for the girl in the corner, she should be expelled, its clear to see that she doesn’t want to be there in the first place. To many students are forced to be there that don’t want to be there and it ruins it for those that want to learn and better themselves. It seems that everyone is so worried about being “POLITICALLY CORRECT” that they have lost sight of the REAL WORLD and what is happening around them…

Friday, 4 March 2016, 8:27 am
  • Spitting on someone is assault, my teachers would beat the hell out of me then the principal and home to get it again. P.s yall need to learn how to fight bounce her off the wall like a silver back

Friday, 4 March 2016, 7:54 am
  • ms wagner cackkklk

Friday, 4 March 2016, 7:52 am
  • Obviously nobody here know the story your all irrelevant and can shut the ***** up honestly First of all any one that supports the Seminoles is an idiot second of all she deserves punishment now the teacher was doing her job but handled it incorrectly by not being NAKED!! So how about we stop being ******** and just have everyone in trouble and end this nonsense
    Eat the booty

Friday, 4 March 2016, 7:51 am
  • Bravo Anonymous! My son is a senior at Springstead and pretty much said same regarding the altercation including that the suspect had just returned to school after serving some other disciplinary action.

Friday, 4 March 2016, 7:08 am
  • The girl in the noles shirt got no punishment what so ever. No iss Or oss or anything.

Friday, 4 March 2016, 5:57 am
  • what a bunch of idiots responding above and you’re the future of our country, OMG

Friday, 4 March 2016, 4:52 am
  • How about those parents that decide it was Mrs.Wagner’s fault for being “irresponsible”, why don’t you try being in her shoes for once. Day in and day out, as a student of F.W. Springstead High School, I’ve witnessed first hand the disrespect of those students who decide upon themselves that if for some reason they don’t like a teacher or a student , they think its fine for them to antagonize the teacher or student. Honestly, I think to my self why do these kids always have to be so rude and disrespectful. Then I wonder how do these teachers cope with it day in and day out. If anyone in that situation was wrong, it was the pinned up student. So why don’t you think for one second, If I was that teacher what would I do? I am totally sure you would do the same, I mean what else is Mrs. Wagner supposed to do stand there and do nothing? No, plus you probably didn’t consider this but there were scalpels in the room and other sharp objects the student could pick up and potentially severely harm or kill Mrs. Wagner. So why don’t you use your brains and think wow that teacher could have been killed if she didn’t protect herself. Now do you see where the rest of us are coming from?
    – 11th Grade Student of Springstead High

Friday, 4 March 2016, 12:00 am
  • I think they should talk to all the kids in the class to see what happened in the begining before this video. Obviously the girl who got in the middle was out of place and needs punished.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 11:48 pm
  • Omg! I beat both of those girls!

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 10:39 pm
  • Maybe they should be dissecting Mosquitoes. The Zika kind, so their little brains will shrink further!

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 9:48 pm
  • How disgusting is this I’m appalled at the lack of respect for teachers!!! Spitting is the outmost hideous and most disgusting thing no matter what the situation is this teacher as far as I’m concerned did nothing wrong!!!! Kids these days have no respect!!!!

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 9:25 pm
  • Then maybe the whole video clip should be shown. I was not there so i don’t know but what the video shows is something that could have been avoided altogether. Everything else is here say unless we were there. The video shows differently then what the article states. Did the girl attack the teacher before or after she was backed into the corner I understand she was being disrespectful bit that does not warrant anyone to touch anyone. They should have let her leave the room and called the appropriate people to deal with her.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 9:05 pm
  • Wow Tom,:that was informative, detailed, top notch investigative reporting. You get to the bottom of the gut wrenching issues. A 30 second student cell phone video. And you present it like you uncovered the holly grail.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 9:01 pm
  • Students should not treat teachers the way they do now a days. Thank you for arresting this little brat of a kid and hope this is a lesson for others who think they can assault/batter teachers

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 8:48 pm
  • This teacher was a professional doing the only thing a professional is allowed to do. Zerotolerance go f— yourself. Good luck with your kids. Parents like you are the problem–you’re an absolute idiot.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 8:43 pm
  • Teachers are not perfect, but no one should have to be disrespected as they are. We live in a culture of disrepect, from cops, to teachers, the elderly and right on down the line. Granted respect must be earned. I earn it with a 45 mag.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 8:30 pm
  • good for the student that recorded this. but seriously why was the teacher holding her by the wrists against a wall in the corner of the room and who got arrested?The girl being held against the wall or the girl in the noles shirt that started punching the girl being restrained? Again if the person that recorded this reads this, good job.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 8:08 pm
  • Was the student who took it upon herself to defend a grown adult teacher by beating on a restrained student given any punishment? By this video if it was my daughter being restrained then allowed by the teacher for another student to throw fist I would be livid. All three made wrong choices and if one is going to get punishment than all 3 should.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:50 pm
  • Here’s what I see. I see the teacher restraining a students wrists.What I don’t see is what happened prior to that. I hear the teacher tell another student to call the office. I then hear the student say “I’m going to punch you in your face” (to the teacher?) At that point I see the student who was sent to call the office return and get into a scuffle with the restrained student. You can clearly hear the teacher trying to get them both to stop. You can also see other students approaching. Too bad the video is so short. Did the front office get notified of the situation? What happened then? Did someone from administration come to the class room? What is a teacher supposed to do when things turn violent? We need cameras in the classrooms so there is no question as to what is going on.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:48 pm
  • WAKE UP zerotolerance, the teacher did NOTHING wrong, and wasn’t charged with anything. Maybe you should practice what you preach and keep YOUR mouth shut!

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:46 pm
  • Zeroterance–you are the reason why kids behave like that. If they misbehave, they need consequences. The teacher was restraining the student properly to prevent getting attacked any further by her. Instead of blaming the teacher, how about the student who attacked a teacher because she didn’t want to do her schoolwork.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:25 pm
  • Read the whole story … kids have no respect for teachers these days she needs serious Disciplining just for talking back to the teacher alone.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:17 pm
  • my kid would have gotten their butt beat once they got home. no way no how is that acceptable. i dont care how much they dislike someone or something. deal with it until you can leave the situation. life is full of uncomfortable moments. its builds character and patience. my kids were taught. grin and bear it. now if someone touched them FIRST….. someone their age. defend yourself, make it worth the punishment.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:08 pm
  • Soooo a student was disrespectful to a teacher and was asked to leave. The student tried leaving but was physically restrained by one girl and then attacked by another, both of whch had 0 to do with the confrontation between the student and teacher. After a significant period of time of 2 girls on 1 the teacher FINALLY decides to do something and steps in and ends up getting hurt. Then the girl who was physically assaulted by the 2 girls gets charged with a felony. Am I following this correctly?? Even a law student could get this girl off. This is ridiculous.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:06 pm
  • zero tolerance. Sounds like you’re one of these “my kid right or wrong” types. That kind of parenting will give you a kid that’s a zero.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 7:06 pm
  • It says based on the suspects testimony that she was placed under arrest and there was a whole classroom full of kids so I’m pretty sure it was the girl in the corner causes a scene not anyone else. She was trying to batter the teacher so the teacher was trying to hold her back and the other girl tried to help the teacher. And maybe went a little over board in helping her but there was no one else trying to help the teacher from that crazy student. She should have just walked out when told and needs to be expelled.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 6:51 pm
  • zerotolerance,ever think the teacher was trying to defend herself? Zero think.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 6:36 pm
  • I wish people would listen and read the whole story and then see that the video clip is missing a MAJOR portion of the initial confrontation that LEAD to the student being restrained accordingly. If my daughter disrespected a teacher in the manner it was initially reported and the teacher restrained her I would not blame the teacher. Students need to learn respect and MANNERS. Trust me… the children today have no clue because there is no recourse when they do something. Mommy & Daddy will always get them out of trouble.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 6:33 pm
  • So was that the student the teacher was holding in the corner? It looks like the teacher holding the student by her wrists in the corner and then the other student comes over and starts hitting whomever was being held? If that’s the case and I was the student being held in the corner and not able to leave the situation, then I probably would have went nuts too. If that was my child being held by the teacher, she would be gone; fired. I would handle my child accordingly. The student that was hitting had no business in their business to begin with. I tell my 10 year old all the time if another student is acting up you keep your mouth shut its not your fight. The otherwise hes in just as much trouble.

Thursday, 3 March 2016, 6:23 pm