; ;

EXCLUSIVE: Woman Claims She was Brutally Raped Outside Local Bar, Investigation Underway

SPRING HILL – A night of drinking with friends turned to terror for a Spring Hill woman on Saturday, after she says a man grabbed her from behind a local bar and raped her repeatedly in a dark alley.

The alleged 30-year-old victim, “Rachel,” whose full identity we are not releasing at this time, says she and a male companion met at Jersey’s Hometown Tavern around 10:00 p.m. Saturday.

Rachel tells RNRF during an emotional and heart wrenching interview, “I went to the bathroom and was grabbed by a man by the back door.” The back door of the business is located next to the men’s and women’s restroom and opens to a dark alley between two office plazas.

A tearful Rachel explains “He grabbed me and threw me to the road and got on top of me from behind. I was trying to get up but he kept pushing me to the ground.” Rachel says during the rape “Somebody walked right by us and I tried to reach out to grab him.” That’s when Rachel says the suspect yelled at the guy to “Get the f**k out of here!”

Rachel says she was able to stand up but the suspect pushed her over the air conditioner unit and sexually battered her again. After the attack, the suspect fled the scene towards US-19 and the Rachel went back inside the bar and sat down with her friend.

Rachel’s friend, who wished only to be referred to as “Jason,” tells RNRF that he suspected something was wrong after she was missing for a long-period of time. Jason says “I asked the bartender to check on Rachel and that’s when she came back over and sat down with me.” Jason goes on to say “When the bartender noticed Rachel crying she asked her to come back to sit in the kitchen and tell her what was wrong.” Later, Jason joined them in the kitchen and that’s when Rachel told him that she had been raped.

Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Rachel to Oak Hill Hospital. Rachel submitted to a forensic exam in an attempt to preserve possible DNA evidence. Rachel says investigators also took her clothes into evidence.

The Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that a sexual battery investigation is underway and that it originated at Jersey’s Hometown Tavern located at 4598 Commercial Way, but they could not comment further on the details of the investigation.

We tried to contact the bar owner, Evans Pappas, and the bartender who helped Rachel but neither has responded to our requests for comment.

Jason says “I think Evans was more concerned about his bar than what happened to Rachel.” Before leaving the bar, Jason says Evans told him “If she is lying I will sue her.”

Rachel questioned the security at Jersey’s and says “There were no bouncers at either entrance to the bar and nobody was even checking I.D.’s.”

Rachel doesn’t deny that she had been drinking quite a bit that evening but says she did not consent to having sex with anyone.

Rachel says the Sheriff’s Office has located a possible suspect and that she is scheduled to meet with Detectives again tomorrow for a video interview.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

rapse-adsf-a

rape-3 rape-2

Comments
  • If it looks like a Greek, lies like a Greek and smells like a Greek, must be a…..

Friday, 24 February 2017, 5:19 pm
  • WeekiWacheeMax just don’t get it and he/she/it is biased to his friends. I bet the people he talks to aren’t out walking their dogs and talking to neighbors at night. I’m talking late at night when the crazies are out. Ask the people at 7-11 how much violence happens in their parking lot early in the morning. You just don’t understand and I have no dog in this fight. I can’t prove it was people leaving the bars that have hit my mailbox six times without stopping to tell me. Listen to the people and not the people who go to these bars on a regular basis. If they live on the street behind the bar, there is a police officer that lives on that street and that might be why he doesn’t see any problems. Just seeing squad cars parked in a driveway helps a lot but we aren’t as fortunate to have that a few streets down.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 5:26 pm
    • My bias is to the crowds I see when going in Jerseys that make me realize it is a very successful operation as ell as the few people I know who choose that bar for that kind of entertainment. The people who walk there from the neighborhood to my tournament are out walking late at night as they walk home from the tournament late at night. The one who walks his dog likely would also be privy to the talk in the neighborhood.
      Don’t know if you are speaking of the streets Rhanbouy or Burnside as the street behind the businesses, but both provide extremely convenient access from Hwy 19 to the neighborhoods east and north of Forrest Oaks Blvd. Especially Rhanbouy for anyone coming from the south. And, as you say, you don’t know where the drunks are coming from. Many of the ones at Jerseys I know that I know where they live don’t live where they would use those streets and choose it for its friendliness or for whatever reason people choose a particular bar where everyone knows their name.
      7-11 type places all have trouble that time of night and all for the same reasons.
      I’m not saying you don’t have a problem late at night with drunks driving in your neighborhood. What I am saying is the majority of the attacks on individuals in that business seen here are because of personal problems between people. Somebody getting fired, embarrassed by being thrown out, taking up for a friend, one person posing as many, or another bar owner or bartender trying to hurt another business in hopes it will help theirs. Something personal is obviously going on. Just go back and read what has been said.
      Lastly, choosing a residence near a commercial area and what might end up being on a pathway for others driving to their homes is sort of like the guy buying a house on the golf course and complaining when balls hit it or fall in his yard. The judge will tell him he moved next to the hazard.
      The first of those commercial structures which can legally and rightfully house a bar, and did for many years, was built over 30 years ago. Another almost 30 years ago and the third over 10.
      You and your neighbors moved next to the hazard. Your solution if you don’t like it is to move.
      You will probably say the problem with that is your property is being depreciated by the trouble coming from the commercial area, although it is likely coming from others bars locals choose. Then I will say you originally bought it at the price you got it at was because of its location close to a commercial area.
      Just to get that out of the way.

Sunday, 19 February 2017, 12:48 pm
  • We don’t need any more scumbags in Hernando County. Print the name or picture of the rapist and this rape survivor will be glad to help “rehabilitate” him…

Friday, 17 February 2017, 7:39 pm
  • There is more going on here than meets the eye. The anger seen here against the owners, workers and bar is about something personal. Somebody got fired, more than one got let go, another bar owner or bartender is being envious and trying to be destructive, somebody finding out they weren’t loved. Something.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 3:50 pm
    • lol, Detective WeekiWachee is on the case! It just cannot be that people don’t like shady scumbag criminals in their neighborhoods. So what more is going on, tough guy? inquiring minds need to know!

Friday, 17 February 2017, 12:23 pm
      • Dr. Mexico,
        The personal attacks against the individuals of the business make it perfectly clear it isn’t about neighborhoods, but about trouble between people. Somebody got fired or thrown out. You, your girlfriend, your boyfriend. Somebody. Or, another business thinking trashing one will assist them.
        Three people who walk to the pool tournament next door from the neighborhood behind those businesses say that business area doesn’t have a negative effect on them at all.
        The only neighborhood which might be affected would be the business neighborhood it is in and reports here say it it quite tame during the day, while nothing but a tattoo shop might be open at night..
        This isn’t rocket science.
        Just like it isn’t rocket science to guess your Dr. Mexico alias is only here to defend another of your IDs spitting out the venom.
        Regards.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 11:47 am
        • Sorry WeekiWacheeMax. You are assuming. That is not the case. I live in the neighborhood this is in and just because some of my neighbors are within walking distance to the bars they frequent does not mean they speak for all us in the neighborhood. This is now the talk of our neighborhood, where single women live. We’d like to know what the description of this rapist is and for these bars that draw these kinds of people into our neighborhood to shut down.

I also don’t like that people have knocked on my door in the middle of the night looking for a ride or sleeping in my yard. I should say passed out in my yard. It’s not a pleasant thing to walk out and get your paper in the morning and finding some dirty, stinky drunk who is probably high on something else passed out in your front yard, near your garage.

Learn the facts before you defend a place that you too frequent.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:12 pm
          • Kathy,
            Everyone hopes the evil doer will be found and punished if, in fact, the evidence proves he did something wrong.
            First of all, either it is a successful bar, or it isn’t.
            Secondly, the background of someone with a promotion business promoting a bar, if that actually is happening as I have not been witness to any of it and wonder where all this promoting is showing up, is not relevant to the business being promoted.
            Thirdly, if promoting is happening, it apparently works and would be evidence it is good for the business and a good business decision.
            Fourthly, after the discussions earlier in the day, last night I specifically asked two of the people in the neighborhood about problems coming from these bars. The report was they hadn’t heard of any. Years and years ago a little this, and years ago a little that was all. There had been talk about the shooting at Bamboo’s in their parking lot. Not outside it in the neighborhood. One walks his dog through the neighborhood daily. I walk through mine. Others doing the same will often stop and chat. I have more confidence in him than what is likely your biased report, again, for obvious personal anger against individuals.
            After all, you have openly and repeatedly on more than one topic divulged you have an anger dog in this hunt and it may lead to an embellishment of what are the actual facts in this matter.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 4:17 pm
  • Brian perry, it’s a shame you have already convicted the guy of rape when the girl could just as easily lied. As a guy, any girl you come in contact with can claim “rape” and you are automatically guilty. Investigate her story, gather the proof, charge the guy, and then let the courts decide. The “victim” might just be the guy!

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 7:36 am
  • Ok People lets use common sense. This could happen at any place any time. I feel really bad for the girl and hope the guy gets caught. The bar is not to blame or the owner. The only one to blame here is the idiot who did the crime. You people who comment here turn a story into a big gossipy soap opera lets keep it to the story at hand. Thanks Tom for reporting. Lets us woman know how fast something like this can happen. I will continue my occasional trip to jerseys. I would never blame the owners for something some idiot done in the alley. Hope he gets caught!

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 1:28 am
    • The bar and it’s owners are to blame. It is their responsibility to keep the people who go there safe while they are paying customers.

There’s been a lot of bad press that comes from Jerseys and Bamboos. People killed. People overdosing. People getting beat up. This is not the first rape that has happened at Jerseys. The violence of it all.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:15 pm
  • The story is about an innocent girl who was allegedly raped and you bags have nothing better to do than hide behind comments never revealing your true identity. Like it or not, it’s a bar, not a church
    Think about the victim…More importantly, let’s find the rapist that is apparently in your neighborhood… Durrr?

#Iknowthevictimandtheownerofthebar

#mynameisbrianperry

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 12:29 am
    • Do you have a description so we know who or what we are looking for? That would be a great help.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 9:31 am
  • **new s/b Knew**

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 5:31 pm
  • I live here and day in and day out I read stories of this likeness…everybody new something but….duh!? What I don’t understand is why there is so much insight to this horrible place and knowledge of all the perceived unlawful acts, yet it took a rape story for you to passionately craft your experience, why not go to the authorities before now, or better yet another outlet especially if you didn’t trust the authorities. This is what’s wrong with America, you talk a lot but when it comes to action you don’t or when you do it’s a little too late. Grow some BALLS and Wake up America! I call Bullcorn on all of it. Too much drama.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 5:29 pm
    • No one wants to do anything about spring Hell.it is incumbent on the citizens of this county to remember WE DO NOT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP!

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 8:32 am
  • Would this have happened if she wasn’t , in her own words, “Rachel doesn’t deny that she had been drinking quite a bit…”. This was not an act by the bar or its owner and if the police prove she was in fact raped, then the guy performing the rape is to blame. This person put herself in the position of not being in control. Why not find the guy she says walked by and see what he thought was happening. Having never been to this bar, it sounds like a trashy place to go. So for all these people who say it’s this or that, then you may want to look inward because you are/were a customer.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 5:14 pm
    • Who was responsible for serving her? She was in a bar and if she’d had too much to drink she should have been cut off. Jerseys won’t do that. It’s all about the money. I caught my girlfriend in this bar drinking at 4 in the morning. If the chicks are hot, the law is not followed. How do they continue to get away with this?

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 11:44 am
  • These the kinds of people who stick up for Evans and who Evans counts on for business. https://www.facebook.com/ben.sargent.5851?fref=ufi

Scroll down his page to a matter of hours ago and you’ll find this, where he says it’s the cocaine that makes his heart beat fast. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1360440047311704&set=a.1036275026394876.1073741830.100000371663757&type=3&theater

Oh and that hat has been arrested before. He abuses animals. Check him out. Low life scum of the Earth that needs to take his ass back to Boston.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 4:09 pm
    • Oh and another person who shared this post? Scrap Nick shared Ezra Johnson’s post. Nick Scarpati, the son of the deputy who lost his job due to the shit he got into at this bar and another bar with someone Evans didn’t like. Nick used to work for Evans. Now a rival. Losers, all of them.
      https://www.facebook.com/nickscarpati http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/hernando-sheriffs-detectives-will-not-face-charges-after-fight-outside/2145320

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 4:31 pm
    • I think Ben still works there, or he did the last time I was in. He’s also not a nice person and I agree, he needs to take himself back north. It’s those people who ruined our nice, quiet community. And people who open bars that have disturbed our nice quiet neighborhood. We never had problems until Jerseys came into being, ever. People have been killed on our street when leaving that bar. I think his name was Mike Bridgewater or something like that. Neighbors had to replace an entire yard due to a wreck in it by a driver leaving Jerseys. People have had their parked cars hit. People hit mailboxes and take off. People piss in our yards and throw up in our yards after leaving the bars. Even our local 7-11 has problems with violence, thefts and the drunks from these bars. Oh how I wish this place and the one next to it would shut down and these money hungry northerners would move away instead of threatening to. That way we could have the environment back that we moved to. Thanks you drunks for ruining our retirement and costing us money.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 5:29 pm
      • Ben is a traitor who used to work at Bamboos and down talk Jerseys all of the time.

When Jerseys first opened, I took a few people in there. It was nice then. It’s gone downhill and the police don’t care. I’ve filed complaints which have fallen on deaf ears.

The guy you are talking about got killed after he left Mermaids not Jerseys. Both bars draw nothing but trash.

You hit the nail on the head. We need the area rid of places like this. Those people don’t care about anything except a good time which is at the cost of the home owners in the area. They’ve destroyed our once quiet neighborhood and I wish the Sheriff would heed the advise of us homeowners and do something about it.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 9:59 am
  • everyone seems to have an opinion about this establishment. I can assure you there are only a couple of bars in Spring Hill that my husband and I go to. Jersey’s is one of them. Beer is cold, food is good and the prices are retiree friendly. We aren’t there after 9pm because we would feel like grandparents, quite frankly. We enjoy going in the early evening or afternoon. We have never witnessed anything like what some of you are talking about, and yes – I would recognize it. I can’t say what happens at closing time, that’s not my problem. I just think a lot of the trash talk here on this comment board is due to having an ax to grind for personal reasons.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 3:06 pm
    • All I see is a Bunch of criticizing Evans, Nancy, and the Bar, And not one of you post your real name. So you all hide behind the comfort of your anonymous self online…..Cowards

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 3:53 pm
      • hahahahahahahahaha yeah, ok. I have yet to see anyone stand up for them on Facebook and use their real names either. F%ck Nancy and Evans. They deserve what they get and I can only hope this trashy drug hole, which is known by many is closed down. Evans has no sympathy for a rape victim, instead only cares about being able to serve and get drunk with his “Jersey’s Family”. That idiot needs to grow a set.

I’m sure he can figure me out by what I have posted. Yeah, Pleze Me, that should do it. wink, wink

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 4:35 pm
      • blah, blah, blah. Just like you hiding behind a fake name here. *rolls eyes*

That bar sucks, plain and simple. I’m not a piece of meat and that’s what I felt like every time I went there.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 4:46 pm
    • You are a regular. You are taken care of and given top priority, unlike the victim of this story. The time you go in is what saves you from witnessing the environment this truly is. We used to go there in the early evening or afternoon too. That’s when it’s at it’s finest. Check it out at night and you will see what is being seen and has been seen since Jo left. What used to be a good time is now a drug pit where we are afraid of what could happen (like getting raped, hit by an angry, drunk patron driving their car into walls, the horrible violence I’ve witnessed outside and on and on). A lot of former patrons of this establishment have died, from overdoses. A lot!!! This is not the first “rape” that has happened there, but this one was brought to light thanks to the victim. I have no personal axe to grind, but I will say what I have seen and I will not cover up for anyone, as the regulars to include the cops regularly do for Evans and his crew.

I’m 63 years old. I’ve been asked to sell my pills by the bartender, when she knew I was involved in an accident and had narcotics. She didn’t get any from me and she was fired shortly thereafter for stealing from the till. I was also asked, by another employee if I needed some coke. I again said no and that was the last straw for me. Maybe it’s our tattoos that make others think we will go for this, but I can tell you, we’ll turn them in, as we’ve done in a heartbeat.

You see some of us were going there since the inception of this establishment and became very close to Evans. We gave Nancy a chance and she’s outright ripped us off. She’s a liar and she’s stolen from us, either by inflating prices, not giving the proper change or adding her friends drinks onto our tab. This is not the kind of place you will catch me, as a grandparent at. I don’t like dishonest people. This is not the kind of place that my adult, responsible offspring would dare step foot into. This place is only good for drunks and drug addicts, with staff condoning this kind of behavior.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 3:55 pm
      • This type of behavior can be seen in any establishment. It does not mean that Jersey’s is bad or that Evans or Nancy are either. I used to bartend and Applebees – and have plenty of friends in the scene who work at “family friendly” establishments and they are riddled with drugs, coke, sexual activity etc.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 5:53 pm
      • @Pleze Me , No you fool, I’m not a regular, I simply said in 1 paragraph what took you a book to write, that’s what I meant, no one was reading the story, they were busy about the bar! like your are, You get glasses @63

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 6:09 pm
        • My reply wasn’t to you, it was to Sassy. I don’t go in there and I wouldn’t recommend anyone else does either. Jerseys is greedy and doesn’t care about the safety of it’s clients. I’ll take my business to one of the bars where all of the bar hounds aren’t friends. At those places clients don’t get ripped off.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 9:16 am
      • @Pleze Me, I bet your still going there.. Another that can’t write his Name! Hiding behind his computer, and about the bar, not the girl.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 6:13 pm
      • This is Evans… you are the only post I’m responding to , man up and stop hiding behind a fake name and come talk to me if you have so much to say.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:08 am
        • What? For you to get violent with someone and for you to get away with it? Seems to me that you used a fake name too, instead of signing in with Facebook. This is Kathy and you know me. My husband and I used to go in there, until he passed away.

Why didn’t you man up and talk to Tom when he wanted to interview you?

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:35 pm
        • Oh this is Evans is it? I’m not buying it. Or you are using another name that’s already been used in these comments. Just saying. Here’s what was posted by that name previously.

Final nail in coffin says:

February 14, 2017 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:38 pm
  • Rachel, please get the counseling that you need to deal with this. It will be a difficult time but you can get through it. My prayers are for you. Tom please investigate the deputies that go here if in fact they do witness drug deals. Something is not right when deputies can disregard the law, although that is the norm in Hernando County. I’m not saying that this goes on but if it does a proper investigation is needed.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:56 am
  • Spring hill has truly turned into a full blown ghetto.i have no clue who is telling the truth but if this woman was rapped the man/men who did it need public executions. I know bethy,Rebel pride and I would be happy to do this (and probably others as well.) I want to know how far we are all going to let this craziness go; we all know that Hernando county in general and spring hill in particular is awash in gangsters,drug dealers,addicts,pimps,whores,burglars and the 2 blue devils;OxyContin and crystal meth.and heroin is starting to get big around here too.change comes when we act,and I am not taking about a message board.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:14 am
    • Were not allowed to act…… If we could I would call full blown purge on the hill !!!!

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:47 am
      • In a county this samll a series of public rallies,a neighborhood watch and a petition asking the HCSO to CRACK DOWN on crime (particularly in spring hill) and demand that the lawyers,judges and and juries DO THEIR DAMN JOBS.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 12:03 pm
  • Name says it all

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:06 am
  • Did tom really say “unethical and irresponsible” when did you start to worry about that?? Didnt you post pictures of a burning vehicles with people who just burned alive? Tom i gotta admit smart man you made a gossip site claimed it was news and it really took off from there

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 7:11 am
  • I thought Jerseys was a cop hang out….

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 6:59 am
  • Wonder why the owner suspected her to be a liar. Must know her pretty well.
    Question…..Is it rape or revenge when you don’t get the crack you were promised for the one that was bartered?
    Maybe somebody found out their crack wasn’t worth street value..:)

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 6:26 am
    • Oh how horrible of you to say something like this about a rape victim! It’s Evans who has the coke so if it’s crack for crack, he’s the one who shouldn’t be selling and doing his dope in the bar. This is a known fact. I can tell you that Evans nor Nancy know the victim very well at all.

I will say this. There were a lot of comments made after the bar closed, so someone must have gotten butt hurt that this made the news. What some idiots aren’t thinking about is this. The woman WILLINGLY went to the hospital and I can promise a drug screening on her was done. Most addicts wouldn’t do that, instead they would let the rapist get away with hurting them.

I hope, when this is all said and done that Rachel is the new owner of Jerseys. She can sue the drugged up drunk for not keeping his customers safe.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:15 am
  • Y’all busy complaining about the owner how bad he is but yet ur dumb still come up there drink and get up am I right or wrong so stop complaining about the owner who has nuttin to do with the rape yes it’s his place but he can’t watch every one who walks in and normally that back door has been locked and alarm is on it ifbits opened the alarm goes off so someone had to turn the alarm off or she wouldn’t been seen with the guy as soon as it happens so it had to be someone who knew the place from front to bac or u never kno could be a stranger but most people who go there are regulars everyday of the week

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 12:04 am
    • That might be the most ignorant comment i’ve ever read on this site. I guarantee (….says) is someone who frequents this sh*thole of a bar. We’re all begging you to go back to school & learn how to write a 5th grade sentence…. using a period, or a comma, & words that make sense. Don’t admit to anyone that you wrote that pathetic sentence. & please never pro-create so the rest of us aren’t subjected to your stupid offspring. You definitely have neck &/or face tattoos. As far as this bar, it might as well be Roadhouse… get someone like Dalton to clean that dump up. & the owner/employees sound like criminals… put em in jail.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 6:22 am
      • Tito can’t point to any error “…..says” stated, so he is left with only being able to characterize what was said in place of being able to point out what was not true about what was said.
        Also, when mentioning someone’s grammatical imperfections and calling them ignorant he shouldn’t be using the term ‘i’ve’, when it should have been ‘I’ve’.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 3:11 pm
      • I think Tito has already dropped the mic and left the building

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 6:59 pm
  • What’s really sad here, is stuff like this happens there all the time. People having sex getting head or being raped unfortunately this is not the first time at this establishment. The drugs you wanna talk about, there probably isn’t a drug that you can’t get in there if they ever did a raid on this place it would probably be one of hernando county’s biggest bust. Now the bartendars they are a class act. I have gone in 3 differant times during the night hrs and the week just to see if maybe I was judging to harshly but nope. They ignore you unless your a regular and if they are not serving regulars they are too drunk to serve at all. I have had other people’s drinks put on my tab and been given the wrong amount of change then told I told this drunk ass bartendar that she could have a 20 tip off of a 8 tab. Lastly I love going into a bar and seeing the owner of the bar verbally abuse I’m guessing her wife.I think, but if anyone ever says anything they get thrown out. Just what I want to hear is someone being called a cunt and other names. Now it doesn’t help they both seem to be drunks but it doesn’t make it right either. The last time I was in there it was 230 am I didn’t realize what time it was because I was with some friends when I did realize it I went to pay my tab and was told that I didn’t have to leave or finish my beer because evans was there so if the police showed up they wouldn’t do anything. Needless to say I payed and left.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:18 pm
  • saying he would sue her strengthened my thoughts that SHE should sue HIM. He should have kept his disrespectful mouth shut

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 10:12 pm
    • I was thinking the same thing.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:44 pm

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 10:06 pm
    • Drunks can’t keep their mouths shut. If you knew him you would understand that this is the way this idiot talks to his customers. He’s not a gentleman by any means.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:52 pm
  • terrible to hear about this but the irony in all the moral crusaders complaining about how they drink at the bar and dont like the atmosphere… well dont go then and how many of them call a taxi or get a designated instead of riding dui? 1 percent if that? and tom, you realize with photoshop easily you can reverse layer effects on an image even from other image software to bring the image back to the original… in case in the future you are really trying to conceal some ones identity. just fyi

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:28 pm
    • When it first opened and Jo was the manager, it was a fun place to go. Since Evans got with his bartender Nancy the place has gone downhill. Go in there. Check out what kind of people are there. It’s the same group of drunks all of the time. There’s been a lot of people who used to go there who won’t step foot in there again. Me included. As for DUI’s, his own employees have gotten them when leaving work. This place needs to be closed down. It’s gotten a very bad name in the last few years.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:42 pm
      • Nancy is a HO & Evans is a drunkin’ loser! I hoPe they Burn that hell hole down ! Drug den with cops! Nancy [email protected] guys in the John for tips. (I’ve been there)Evans does drugs in the office with minors & bartenders , SO I HEAR! But don’t take my word on it.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 10:34 pm
        • I know he’s doing coke with patrons and minors. he’s known for that. this is why he befriended all of the cops and gave away booze to them. the cops and firefighters. this place has been turned in to the cops and they won’t do anything about it. people go between jerseys and bamboos going in and out of that back door all the time. nancy is the witch who spread her legs and ruined what jo and evans had going. that is one woman (nancy) that is a gold digging ho and yes she blew my brother for some bucks in the john. chris is another one. he’s got a woman who used to work there and he still screws around behind her back. the people who work there are what has become wrong with our area.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:21 pm
          • Chis is a drunken ho too.
            You sound like an illiterate fool. Nancy works her behind off.
            Anyone that frequents that place knows this.
            Maybe you are Jo.
            Sounds like you are very bitter and speaking from resentment. Not on facts.
            I don’t go to that hell hole of a place, nor will I ever but stop slanderringa woman’s name when a woman was brutalized. Your words are irrelevant.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 12:19 pm
        • the reason she has to [email protected] dudes is because evans is a gambler who screams at her for spending money on things they need at home. evans has a huge gambling problem right along with his drugs and drinking. he thinks he’s all that and a bag of chips when instead he’s a pegged arsehat.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:33 pm
        • i worked with nancy at applebees for years. she was also a mermaid for a while. when I owned a limo company I would take all the people out from this place almost once a week.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 6:20 pm
          • Oh my goodness, now I know who you are food for thought. It took me a while to put it all together but now I know why you act like such an a******, you are one. Btw, so is your wife or did she leave you?

Friday, 17 February 2017, 4:44 pm
          • Birds of a feather….

I now know who you are too. And to think, I used to talk to you all the time. You are a big part of the problem.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:16 pm
      • Oh, yeah. You’re right.
        It’s just terrible to go to a bar where everybody knows each other and everybody knows your name.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 3:00 am
    • I could make a list of all the people who are regulars there that have gotten DUI’s. At least two of our deputies lost their jobs because of this place, in a roundabout way. I saw one cop so drunk in there he couldn’t walk, but yet he got in his car and drove away, with nobody going after him even after people called this in. There’s been OD’s at that bar, there’s been violence at that bar. Shoot, even one of our female deputies who was married at the time and is still on the force was caught kissing another dude there. It’s a cops hangout. Cops that allow the open drug deals, allow drunks to drive and who are violating the laws themselves. Jersey’s is not the place I’d go, or recommend anyone who has any brains to go. Nancy, the bartender is a biotch. Evans is too drunk and high to care what really goes on in his bar. He’s known for toxic relationships throughout his life. I’d love for our sheriff to get some nads and do a sting on this place. I guarantee it would shut that place down.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:39 pm
  • The rapist must be known by the bartender and Evans. I go there often, seen a few girls crying and have never seen anyone pulled into the kitchen. There’s no security at this bar, no bouncers or anyone checking ID’s. Evans is always too drunk to care or think rationally and straight. If an underage person comes in with someone the bartenders or Evans knows, they get served. Plus they add drinks for their friends onto other peoples tabs who have had a lot to drink. I’ve witnessed this too many times. Sorry Evans you’ve lost me and my girl as a patrons. I can’t go to a place where this happens then you threaten to sue. I’ll bet the grandfather who you inherited the money and things to open this bar with is rolling in his grave. Good luck hiring bartenders. As you said on your own page, you’re all friends and know each other. Close this hell hole down!!!

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 8:37 pm
    • Personally, i hope you and your girlfriend do stay away don’t come back. It’s always too damn crowded and you staying away might just possibly help an iota.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 2:56 am
      • Ah, another drunk for Jerseys. That place is terrible. Good luck getting service if your not a regular but by the sounds of it, you go there often. I’m guessing a lot of people won’t be going there and the ones who do are people I don’t want to associate with either.
        Have fun, and get your free shots from Evans. He’s a nasty, loud mouthed asshat. Nancy ain’t far behind either.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:03 am
        • Not a drunk here.
          Run a pool tournament out that back door over at Bamboo’s.
          Share some friends with firemen who live next door on the river who frequent Jersey’s and through them know some of their friends met when they were visiting next door who are also regulars at Jerseys. After my tournament I sometimes stop in to see who is there for a moment to say ‘hi’. Don’t stay long and don’t drink. Also, too cheap to drink in bars.
          And, bar owners buying drinks for their good customers is probably smart business and might be why it’s always so crowded when i go over.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 2:52 pm
          • If you don’t stay long, you have no idea what goes on. If you don’t live in our neighborhood, you have no idea what goes on.

Defend the place you frequent. Now I understand.

How disgusting, but hey, stick up for those people and the public servants that continue to contribute to the problem.

We need solutions, not excuses.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:18 pm
  • I believe it. I know a lot of creeps in Spring Hill lurk around the bars and wait for the usual “bad friends” to ditch their girlfriends. A friend of mine left me at jerseys to go “hook up” and I ended up raped and dropped off at my doorstep. I never went back and I actually used to frequent the bar quite a bit. Capones allows girls to drink underage. I recently saw someone I knew binge drinking there. She’s a minor. These bar owners need to look out for their customers safety or gtfo of town.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 8:08 pm
  • I’m actually shocked this place is still in business. I hope they end up catching the person responsible. As for the owner, he is known for being a class act so I’m not surprised he said he’d sue her if she was lying!

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 7:54 pm
  • Wow..”sources” that give FAKE names.”Jason” and “Rachel “?? I understand you can’t legally disclose a victim’s name and for good reason;it’s against the law.

This article was driven by emotion and very little facts were given.

The sum of it is, a sexual battery allegy occured and Evans Pappas owns the place. These are the only facts you stated in this “article”. This reporting is sensationalized. You should be ashamed of yourself Mr.Lemons.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 7:40 pm
      • Mr. Lemons,
        So you admit then to being unethical and irresponsible for disclosing the names of the victim and witness?
        Also did you really need to get a poorly shaded picture of the victim off of Facebook and post it for everyone to see?
        Do you really think that anyone who knows this young lady won’t recognize that picture?
        AND…you disclose when the victim is going to be meeting with Law Enforcement for a video interview? Do you even care one bit for this victim’s safety and or dignity?
        And as for the owner of the establishment Evans Pappas, Really??? A woman gets raped in your bar and all you have to say about it is If she’s lying, I will sue her? Any comments about the suspect who raped an innocent woman? You’re a real class act dude. NOT!
        Mr. Lemons you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. I am a father of two daughters and I can tell you I would not appreciate it if you were to put either of them through what you have put this poor rape victim through,
        Shame on you. You’re not a real journalist. You’re despicable.Get a life and find another career.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 8:38 pm
          • Tom you are awesome! These dumb have no idea what they are talking about. Keep up the good work. We appreciate you.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:03 pm
        • Please read again Mr. Snarkey.. Tom DID NOT give real names and states this ….DUHHHH

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:01 pm
          • Yes, he did give real names. Just left the last name out. If you know Rachel personally you can easily match the pic used up with her pic on facebook.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 6:22 pm
        • But yet you keep coming back to read his stories.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:07 pm
        • Where is the victims name disclosed? I am the father of two girls too and if something like this happened, I don’t think my daughters would have come to any news outlet to tell their story. I’m glad this victim did though. Without her telling her story, we would have never known about it. Evans is a POS who needs to either keep that back door locked or have some security in the building he’s renting. If he can guard the cash register with cameras he can protect his customers from these kinds of actions. The entire crew of that establishment are nothing but a bunch of party animals who need help for their addictions. They serve people after hours and party all night long in that bar. The police know and don’t stop them either.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:18 pm
          • The back door isn’t kept locked because it’s unsafe to keep it locked and PAYING CUSTOMERS desire it unlocked as they move back and forth between Jerseys and Bamboos just as they did when Bamboos was the Mermaid Lounge on the other side.
            Successful businesses deliver to the customers what the customers desire.
            This is not rocket science.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 2:51 am
          • PAYING customers don’t deserve to be raped and it’s the bar owners responsibility to keep his customers safe. With the girls bathroom located right next to that backdoor, one would like that a responsible bar owner would have some sort of security there. Do the cameras which are out back not work?

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:01 am
        • USA FIRE Dawg! Down boy!! Go find somebody else to snarl and growl at you jerk! It must be you…or else why would you be so upset ? Dang…you need to shut your blowhole loser. Tom Lemons is a an excellent journalist and you need to leave him alone and let him do his job. He did nothing wrong here, and I’m sure that when he interviewed the victim, that he got her permission to write this story using her name. So back off killer…go spew your venom elsewhere.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 4:18 am
        • I do agree with this comment as my fiance was able to identify her based off of the pic used. He knew he remembered the pic from somewhere as soon as he saw it and the name Rachel gave it away the rest of the way. So shame on you for that

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 6:21 pm
      • tom dont forget all the arm chair lawyers you have that frequent the site..lol
        When I was an officer if I had a dollar for every time I heard I know the law buddy youre going to be fired, I could of retired in my first few years.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:10 pm
    • 2017-04576 02/12/2017 01:55 AM SEXUAL BATTERY 02/12/2017 02/12/2017 4598 COMMERCIAL WAY SPRING HILL Dist 2-Zone 3 — No female is going to lie about something like this and voluntarily go to the hospital to further humiliate themselves and bring more trauma on to themselves. This shows it happened, and if Evans would have grown a set and been interviewed by Tom, then he could have given his side.

The fact is that someone violated this woman in a way that he felt the need to call the law. Evans is nothing but a coked up POS who has a serious drinking problem, right along with Chris and the rest of the druggies and drunks he’s hired. Fact is, he’s hired his own drinking buddies who had no bar experience and fired the good ones. Nancy is a thief who is verbally and probably physically abused by Evans. How do I know this? Nancy is a friend of mine and she’s a talker.

This place is also where some cops hang out and do nothing about the obvious drug deals that frequently happen there.

Mr. Lemons, bring on more news like this and I know this woman will never set a foot inside of that dive.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 7:55 pm
      • You say Nancy is a friend of yours??? Some friend you are. How dare you bring her into this. Yes ! What happened to that poor woman is too horrible and I hope she finds the help she needs.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 10:00 pm
      • CottonTop women have lied about things like this numerous times!! I’m not saying she did but it happens. For their own reasons i.e. Have a husband/boyfriend and don’t want them to know they cheated, payback and so on and so forth.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 9:26 am
        • They may lie about it but they don’t go the long mile by going to the hospital by ambulance and having forensic screening done. The truth will come out and I hope the rapist is given a very stiff penalty. I’m sure the first responders could look at the female and tell if she’d been thrown to the ground by her clothing and injuries. Her clothing are where they need to be, and forensics will detect evidence. If nothing happened, as she reported, I’m sure she will be charged. There’s no excuse for a cold hearted person to say to a rape victim that she will be sued if she’s lying. Evans obviously has trust issues (and it’s usually because they are very guilty of something themselves).

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 9:59 am
          • That is false. Cases have gone to trial before the supposed victim recanted. Not saying the victim is lying, but innocent until proven guilty. We have a judicial system for that reason.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 5:38 pm
          • This is categorically false. Cases have gone to trial where the supposed victim has then recanted. I’m not saying that this victim is lying, but this is why people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. If you were accused of a crime would you want everyone to just believe the other side? Or would you want a fair trial with facts and evidence rather than gossip and conjecture?

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 5:48 pm
    • So whats the point for your comment? Are you Evans Pappa? Did you see something? Do you know for a fact this did not happen? Why have you not gone to the police with your facts? I will never step foot back in that bar! I had been going there for years and seen Evans Pappa handing drinks out to girls he has never met like myself. He has been so drunk he comes on to them. His girl has seen it with her own two eyes but so drunk she dont care. This all while they are serving alcohol to patrons. I have seen fights in the bar and in the parking lot bad ones! The alley that connects the two bars is so dangerous but do you think they stop people from going back and forth? No leave the back door open so anyone can grab a girl and rape her. He does not care about his customers at all or he would make sure he is coherent to protect them from the drunk drugs addicts he allows in there. His words will come back to haunt him. How could he say something like that about a girl who just was rapped outside of his bar??

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 9:54 am
      • Well said!

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 11:39 am
      • I hope she sues Evans for being an irresponsible business owner.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 12:05 pm
    • They are not fake names. Last names were just chosen not to be disclosed. My fiance knows the victim as she and her mother are both friends of his family

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 6:17 pm
  • * drug pit

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 7:24 pm
  • All women should boycott Jersey’s Hometown Tavern where they are not safe. Time to close down the gentlemen’s pervert bars, where women are treated like pieces of meat.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 7:24 pm
  • Ask the rescue crews just how many times people have been picked up from this alley. Drug overdoses, batteries and rape. Evans is nothing but a drunken, coked up fool who doesn’t give a shit about his customers. I lost complete respect for Evans when he was in a committed relationship and started screwing his bartenders. He’s probably doing it again to the one who wrecked his previous relationship too.
    This bar needs shut down. It’s nothing but a drug pick filled with a bunch of drunks. I have been there a lot in the past and have never once seen Evans sober, in fact the drunker he gets the more free shots he hands out.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 7:23 pm
    • ” It’s nothing but a drug pick filled with a bunch of drunks. I have been there a lot”. LOL OK CottonTop I guess this tells us a lot about you.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 10:43 pm
      • Not really. I’ve been there a few times too and have witnessed drug deals done in the open and the drunks. Just because a person goes there doesn’t mean that they partake. I was there one night and this chick was nodding off so bad while waiting for her drink to be made. If you do any research you will find that a lot of the regulars have records, either for drugs or DUI’s. I know one of the girls who used to work for Evans and man, the stories she tells. She’s a recovered addict and she’s told me that it’s the drugs and booze that get the employees through their shifts. Evans and Nancy know this and so do the police.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:50 pm
    • Jerseys is one of the two very successful bars on this side of the county. Jam packed with decent people all the time. People having a good time with other people. Most business owners would die to have a business as successful as this one.
      There is a reason for CottonTops response he/she/it isn’t telling.
      Bar owner?
      Bartender at another bar?

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 2:43 am
      • How about just someone who is telling it like it is. Evans hangs out with other bar owners and bartenders from other bars. There’s a clique and the reason I won’t go to any of these bars.
        Maybe like so many others, Cotton Top was a victim of this jerk when they were in the bar. I know I was. I went in and ordered a Patron margarita and was charged $18 for it. My friend went in the next day, ordered the same thing and the price was half of what I paid. Maybe they need to quit ripping people who aren’t their regulars off then their reputation would be better?
        FYI, there’s a lot more then two successful bars on that side of the county. If Evans and Jersey’s is so successful, why is he still paying someone to promote that drug ridden place?
        I will never go back to Jerseys and I hope other females don’t either. Evans can’t even respect his own old lady in public, do you really think he respects anyone else? Nope!!

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 9:51 am
        • There are only two highly successful bars on this side of the county. Karma and Jerseys. Both are far more crowded more often than others and do very high volumes creating very handsome profits for the amount of space they take up.
          If there was an error on your tab you should have mentioned it then. Places don’t stay packed like they do by intentionally doing what you claim.
          Who does he pay to promote the place?

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 2:34 pm
          • It has been mentioned, by myself and my husband when he was alive. We got ripped off too and heard nothing but excuses. This is a sure fire way to lose business.

Moving Forward Marketing & Promotions is who is paid to promote this business.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:24 pm
          • Moving Forward is owned by Phil LaRossa who also has a criminal past. http://www.hernandosheriff.org/jail/Applications/JailSearch/

LAROSSA, PHILIP JOHN

LAROSSA, PHILIP JOHN
            W/M- 11/07/1970
            HCSO12JBN003467 07/12/2012
            11:14 322.34.2a – NONMOVING TRAFFIC VIOL [1ct(s)]
            948.06 – PROB VIOLATION [1ct(s)]

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 1:16 pm
      • Every time someone has cancer or a death in the family, bad sicknesses Evans donates everything he can raffles, gift cards his time he does good

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 8:00 pm
    • Good times come hang out

Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 9:56 pm
    • Last time I was in that alley Evans had just ran into bamboo and got cracked with a bottle of liqour on his head like Bacardi or soekthing by the bouncer not knowing her son is a blood real blood gang takes it serious and all the pasco cops like bryan welshans and detective mike obruen did everything they could to make sure he didn’t have to go the hospital bc Evans would have been arrested what ppl don’t know is 75% of the fights and bs at jerseys all Evans fault

Friday, 17 February 2017, 9:28 pm
      • This is in Hernando County, not Pasco. Mike O’Brien needs to be investigating this place for drugs, not helping Evans get away with what he does. So does Bryan Welshans.

Yes, the fights are primarily caused by Evans and his big mouth.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:30 pm
  • Pretty bad when the scumbag can’t get someone without raping them. And the guy that walked by without calling the cops is just as bad. That woman was a sister, mother or friend to someone else. Throw his in prison and let the big boys at him.

Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 7:03 pm
    • This guy Evans always seem to be into I went there one night and he said did I grow up on the mean streets of spring hill and someone shouted out he’s a bad mma fighter I thought maybe they were speaking of the Evans character but no they were not a bad kid by the name of nick urso who gets paid to fight was being bothered and antagonized by Evans so much when he tried to leave Evans tried to be intimidating and watch him leave well it didn’t happen he got out and made Evans go inside and let me the first to say just because Evans sits at the bar and his abused mentally and physically wife Nancy will serve him over customers they live literally behind the bar instead of making the right down the side road to the bar go past the 7/11 to the first street make a right then go to end of burnside parkway and make a left onto the road that’s closed Evans isn’t the road by the wall he’s one street in I waited for him to leave the bar one night and saw cops inside dunkin donuts ran to the cops said the guy inside 7/11 is so very drunk he can’t drive home he’s in cocaine pills and alcohol and marijuana I witnessed it and then they had him held up at the gas station where they avoided the police by going the bathroom several times finally the ciosnsaidnlesve the car here get a ride or walk I was so mad I didn’t get him for dui after hitting on my girl

Friday, 17 February 2017, 9:24 pm
      • As I recall from when my deceased husband and I used to go in there, the more he drank the more belligerent he became, driving many good people away from this business, people who now want nothing more than for him to go under. Evans causes a lot of the problems there with his drinking and yet nothing gets done about it. He’s charged with battery and those charges got dismissed.

Saturday, 18 February 2017, 12:27 pm
      • It sounds like you were under the influence when you wrote this, you may want to proof read something before you post it?

Monday, 20 February 2017, 7:58 pm
      • Ah yes, Evans and Nancy. Trashing up Spring Hill ever since Evans cheated on his girlfriend to get with Nancy (back the nancy and his ex were great friends). And Nancy cheated on her husband and betrayed her friend to be with Evans. Funny how she tries to justify it by saying her then husband was abusive which was why she cheated. Takes a special kinda stupid I guess. It’s ok, I’m sure she’s dumb enough to never realize Evans has cheated on her multiple times. She’s no better, heard a guy brag how she was all over him in the bathroom one night. Must’ve gotten confused with all the cocaine up her nose. Losers

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 3:10 pm