Facebook Meet to Buy Cell Phones Leads to Robbery

BROOKSVILLE – On Saturday, police responded to Tom Varn Park after a man was brutally attacked by several suspects during a premeditated robbery.

The victim, Anthony Arenz says he began negotiations with a female on Facebook to purchase two iPhone 6 cellphones. The two agreed to meet at Tom Varn Park to make the transaction but instead of coming alone she was accompanied by four other individuals.

Arenz says nothing seemed suspicious and that everyone seemed to get along; he even played a short game of basketball with one of the suspects, prior to making the transaction.

Without warning Arenz says one of the suspects punched him in the face with a pair of brass knuckles, causing a large gash over his eye. When Arenz fell to the ground the suspect placed his knee on his neck, threatened to kill him and then sliced his face with a box cutter.

During the attack, another suspect rifled through Arenz pockets and stole his motorcycle keys and $980 in cash. After taking Arenz property, one of the suspects jumped on Arenz Honda Shadow Motorcycle and drove away; the other suspects fled on foot towards the Jerome Brown Center.

A woman who witnessed the incident called 911 and within minutes several Police Officers arrived on scene.

Arenz was transported to the hospital, where he was treated for his injuries and released the same day.

His motorcycle was recovered undamaged a few blocks away and towed to the Brooksville Police Station for processing.

Chief George Turner says the case has been handed over to detectives and is under investigation.

Following the incident, Arenz began his own investigation in an attempt to locate his attackers. He even contacted the woman who organized the attack and during a phone conversation, the woman said she admitted to being involved in planning the robbery. We are not releasing the names of the suspects until the investigation is closed or arrests are made.

Arenz says the woman begged for forgiveness and says she didn’t know they were going to hurt him that bad. She also said one of suspects was armed with a handgun and after the attack he (the suspect) stated to her “I was going to shoot the Mother F****r.”

During that same phone conversation he asked the woman, “what if my girlfriend and children were with me?” She said, “We were going to punch your girlfriend in the face.” Arenz girlfriend and two young daughters were with him prior to the attack.

The suspects are described as 3 black males and two black females in their late teens or early twenties. One of the females may be a minor.

No arrests have been made and the investigation continues.

Phone pic

Comments
  • I have been buying and trading phones from Anthony 4 a little over a year now maybe 2 years he is always been straight up with me he has never talked about any drugs he’s talked about music and his concerts on his shows that comes up or has happened but he is a straight-up good guy he’s always talking about his kids and his wife and how much he loves them everytime we are switching out phones I actually met up with him off of Mariner and somewhere out of the store to trade I had a Galaxy S4 shattered screen and a Walmart Hydro air waterproof it is brand new I told him I tried them both for a Galaxy S5 that he had well when I got out there he got to looking at mine and he didn’t want it he said he couldn’t do nothing with it because it was shattered it still work perfectly fine it was just shattered screen he told me that he felt bad that I drove from over here by the Hernando High School all the way out to where I met off of Mariner and I forget the other name of the road but there’s a gas station right there where I met him he did have his wife and kids in the car at the time and they seemed happily family they stayed in the car and me and him just traded phones on the back of our cars he is a very polite well mannered gentleman I believe that with my own eyes of what I seen every time I’ve met him he’s never made me feel any type of way or feel any type of harm or worries about running off of my phone or anything he lets me put my SIM card in it and he make sure that my stuff for work and make calls and messages before he even takes a look at the phone that I brought he always makes sure that I’m satisfied first and he gives me enough time to think about it and if I didn’t want to trade he’s okay with that and if he didn’t want to trade I was okay with that butt he told me that I had already drove that far that I can have the S5 Galaxy S5 with the OtterBox for just the Walmart Hydro Air waterproof phone he said he already had one of them phones but he felt bad because I had already drove all the way out there and that he didn’t want the S4 Galaxy S4 because he couldn’t do nothing with it because of the shattered screen I told him just because he still Trading Galaxy S5 to me for the hydro Air waterproof that’s a nice deal for me but not so good of a deal for him but I said he can go ahead and keep them Galaxy S4 just for if he needed to he could fix it because I know runs his own Boost Mobile Shop I believe in Citrus County I’ve never actually been out there but that night we chit-chatted about what had happened with that and I just think that’s kind of messed up because he did not deserve any of that people who did it deserves nothing but what came upon him and behind bars before they do it to other people because now they think that they can get away with it so they’re going to do it more often they need to be served time they did the crime they need to serve the time so I got to say all night Anthony you are a good gentleman and a good friend to me I thank you for your phone business and hopefully we can meet up again because it’s about that time I need a new phone

Thursday, 14 July 2016, 4:39 am
  • Omg enough with this thread already! I’m pretty sure this was posted to warn others to be careful when they purchase items from others. I do not know Anthony, the way I see it he is a VICTIM, it was not posted for him to be interrogated. Stop already, and let Hernando County Detectives do their jobs!

Tuesday, 23 June 2015, 12:58 pm
  • Strange he doesnt use his fathers name.Is he hiding something?

Tuesday, 23 June 2015, 10:47 am
  • I’m just going to go ahead and THROW THIS OUT THERE..

1. Maybe the “victim” is getting a lot of negative comments
    because people in the computer world with half a brain
    knows how to do their research?

2.Maybe they searched his name and found his FIRST
    name is actually LAWRENCE, as in “LAWRENCE
    ANTHONY ARNEZ”?

3.Maybe people also found arrest records in other states?
    Which actually show him wearing a full thick beard instead
    of a thin beard in the pictures in the above article.
    And wearing his glasses, not to mention having a tad bit of
    longer hair,BUT, with the same receding hair line, same nose,
    same facial features, same age, etc….
    You all get the picture I’m painting here. 🙂

4.Maybe people just SUSPECT these were stolen IPHONES,
    since they were being sold so cheap??
    In which case your beloved friend would be considered
    to be conducting more illegal activity in FL by buying these
    stolen phones in a park from a “stranger”?

Whether “Anthony” was conducting his own illegal
    activity or not, remains to be seen. However, that still does
    NOT excuse the BEATING he suffered by three men on
    one AND using a box cutter!! He could have lost his eye
    from that, OR the BRASS KNUCKLES, IF indeed they
    used brass knuckles!

Sunday, 21 June 2015, 5:18 pm
    • In addition to my previous comment, REMEMBER
      that I said “MAYBE”, which means ALLEGEDLY!!
      I am NOT saying it is TRUTH, just MAYBE!!

Sunday, 21 June 2015, 6:47 pm
    • So, Mr. Computer Nazi……..check the birthdate of the Arnez you found. After reading your post, I was intrigued. I happen to KNOW Ants full name, and Lawrence has NOTHING to do with it !!!! I KNOW who you’re referring to about Lawrence, and you have the wrong generation TOTALLY !!!!!

Sunday, 21 June 2015, 9:26 pm
      • ScootrPy – I am well aware that it is NOT the same person!
        (I did my own research) 🙂

However, others may NOT know that! That’s why I said “MAYBE”!
        But others might think they are one in the same, since your
        friend was involved, as a witness, in an employee THEFT at a
        Metro Pcs store in Citrus County!!

BTW, do YOU even know which Lawrence I was referring to,
        since you seem to think you do?

Perhaps you should read my comment AGAIN!

Signed,
        The Computer Nazi 🙂

Monday, 22 June 2015, 1:15 am
        • The only Lawrence Anthony Arnez I found is also 29 but, lives in Wisconsin. If you know of another one, please enlighten me. Sure, I’m curious.

Monday, 22 June 2015, 7:51 am
    • Used I6 phones being sold so cheap ???
      What ???
      They are being offered on EBay for under $500.
      So having $980 him to buy two seems reasonable to me.

Sunday, 21 June 2015, 11:43 pm
  • I don’t have the lyrics handy, BUT, I’d let my 7 year old grandaughter listen to it. My daughter wouldn’t mind !!!! When she was 4 (maybe 3) her favorite song was “We Don’t Die” by Twiztid. It’s a damn good thing some parents teach their kids the difference between “pretending” and the real life. My grandaughter is a straight A student and STILL rocks out. So, equating song lyrics to parenting skills is actually quite funny.

Sunday, 21 June 2015, 4:09 pm
  • Wait a minute so his song has to judge him lmao what about what else is on the radio or how about your negativity your what’s wrong with the youth negativity an judge mental attribute honestly a song is a song he does it for fun leave the kid alone doesn’t effect his parenting skills he’s honestly 1 of the best fathers I’ve ever seen

Sunday, 21 June 2015, 9:31 am
  • Lyrics please…..For this great guy of the community

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 8:37 pm
  • Omg really? Than you’re are saying a lot of actors, singers and a whole lot of other people are not good fathers because of their profession. Ant makes music, that doesn’t have any bearing on him getting robbed! You sound dumb.

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 7:48 pm
  • Do you think your song Im Ballin is appropriate for younger kids?Can someone post the lyrics here please

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 5:34 pm
  • Ant is one of my brothers. He works hard for his money and treasures his daughters. He is the most honest and dedicate person i know. The comments about him dealing drug is an abslolute JOKE!

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 3:56 pm
  • Defend the guy all you want ppl. He made a poor judgement call and paid the price. If he was there for a legit reason, he is naive to carry all that cash and trust an ambiguous deal set up online. If he was there for the reason many seem to think, I think he needs a new line of work.

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 7:41 am
    • Those who question what kind of a deal it was are really exposing more about themselves than the victim. The environment and life they are a part of thinking it must be the same for everyone.
      People who aren’t a part of that class of people wouldn’t be afraid of meeting a stranger to buy something they do business in, at a place which may have been the most convenient to both, during the day, where people frequent – or think a thousand dollars was a lot to have on them for items that cost that much. Especially considering the severe penalties for strong-armed robbery for so little money.
      Five will get you ten it’s poor people who are a product of a low class background that are coming up with that kind of speculation.

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 10:50 am
      • Well said, Thank You !!!! Ant is a great kid !!!!

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 5:07 pm
  • Exactly. But because ant does have a heart, the negative comments do hurt him. If he was a thug he wouldn’t care. But he does. I’m still waiting for clean up spring hill to let us know their contributions to spring hill since they have so much negative to say about Anthony. Haha

Friday, 19 June 2015, 4:59 pm
  • Anyone thinking having $1,000 on one’s person makes that person a drug dealer is looking at it from the view of a person of very modest means. Sometimes great opportunities come around where cash is the only option and right then and there is when one has to have it.
    Plus, a thousand dollars isn’t really that much money today. Apparently you can buy two modern phone with it that have more computing power than it took to put men on the moon.

Friday, 19 June 2015, 4:37 pm
  • Mmmm, to all those who have had nothing but negative remarks about Anthony, you sit at your computers senselessly and just literally degrade someone most of you probably never met. What is wrong with you all. I do not know Anthony, however I did purchase a cellphone case and he was extremely polite and helpful. Do not judge others if you do not want to be judged yourselves. You condemn someone who works hard for his money why just because he had more cash on him than you. What a bunch of hyprocrates. None of you have ever had a ,large amount of money at any given time in your lives. Stop acting like a bunch of babies and grow up.

Friday, 19 June 2015, 10:37 am
    • I DO know Ant, he’s like an adopted son around my house. He knows I wouldn’t allow drugs and he’s NEVER had any. He’s a great guy !!!! If Ant is reading ALL the positive messages, I can see him smiling from ear to ear. Thank You !!!

Friday, 19 June 2015, 3:21 pm
  • I love how everyone jumps to conclusions or seems to know everything about everything. Some of the issues at hand should be debunked and pointed out to ignorant people.

1. The injury is on the wrong side of one of the pictures – Please before you comment on the posts read the other comments it was either a cell phone flipped or taken in a mirror, either way do you think this guy faked an injury for publicity? I am sure the cops looked at his fake injuries and just discredited him as a viable witness and that is why these individuals are wanted right? Use a little common sense when it comes to commenting.

2. He works at a boost/metro so why is he buying an iPhone? – These comments make me laugh and show true ignorance for individuals (trolls) that sit behind a computer and live a life of talking about other people for fun. Making these comments are like saying if I worked at a Ford dealership then I am only allowed to buy, drive, or look at Fords at my dealership. Just because you make a living working at a place does not mean you mandatorily have to purchase said items. I worked at a Hardees when I was younger I guess that means I could only eat Hardees food as a kid.

3. Why meet at a park and not a Wal-Mart or other well-known place with more people? – I am sure in hindsight this guy wishes he would have met somewhere in a better location but in all honesty who would have thought this could have happened in a park full of people? Some of the commenters on here even said they take their kids there often; it must be a well-known park if others are taking the children there. I bet he learned a lesson on where and when to meet people now if he ever does try to buy again from Facebook or Craigslist.

4. He had $980 on him, he must be a drug dealer or a drug deal gone bad. – There are a few things about this comment that make me lol to myself. First off just because he had that much money on him does not mean he was going to spend that much money for the phones, maybe he had plans to get groceries after the meet for his family. Here is a theory, take $60 out of your ATM and go to the dollar store but just think you cannot leave that dollar store until all of the money is gone because why else would you carry that kind of cash? Also $980 dollars is a good price for two new iPhones considering brand new without a contract it is $649 and that is only for the 16gig model. $649 times 2 = $1298, go ahead and do the math yourself and let me know if you come up with anything different, it is common grade school math.

I think it is personally funny as well to see some of your comments on here and on one hand you are saying how bad Hernando has become but on the other hand you are bashing an individual that is the victim. Do you think you might be the problem as to why our county is becoming so bad?

You bash a victim and slander his name even though you never met this individual in person or would have never known the victim if it was not for him being the victim. From what I read this individual runs an anti-bully program for kids, what have you guys or girls done that makes you a productive member of society that you can sit back and bash a victim that does do good things for our society no matter how little or big it is. So I leave off with this, before you bash this individual, this victim, ask yourself what do I have to gain from this? Why am I so worried about where he got the money? Why am I so concerned with the picture being flipped? Afraid he might have pulled a fast one on you, afraid next week he will come out and say HA got you?

Be productive in life and let’s focus on finding these inconsiderate cowards and come together as a community to prevent something like this happening in the future. There are still good people in this county we just have to show it and stand up for each other that are still concerned with making this a better county.

Friday, 19 June 2015, 8:37 am
  • I’m disgusted at half of these comments. I bet if he didn’t have a shaved head and tattoos you scumbags wouldn’t be calling him a thug or a dealer. You are absolutely pathetic. Police are here to help everyone not just the people you think deserve it. These are the same scumbags saying “oh just another thug off the street” when an African American man is murdered. You should be ashamed of yourself. Especially when this man obviously does great things for this community and tries to stop bullying. What do you do? Other than sit in front of a computer screen and judge people that may not look or dress like you. All of me wants to tell you to fall in front of a bus….but instead I will pray for you…to jump in front of one.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 11:14 pm
    • Well said . Thank You !!!!

Friday, 19 June 2015, 7:33 am
  • Wow. I can’t even believe half that comments on here. Are you people that ignorant? Just because Anthony has tattoos and was buying phones with cash he has to be a drug dealing thug? People meet in many places, and sadly people like Anthony are a little too trusting of others. I have known him for almost 8 years now and never has he ever done drugs, or dealt them. You people are just miserable, judgmental a**holes who need to better educate yourself on how to properly function in society. Instead of bashing the victim, why not just keep your mouth shut… Did your mommy not teach you the whole “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” Your opinions of a man you don’t know, mean absolutely nothing… And on that note… I love you Anthony and I am so sorry you had to go through all this. I hope they catch these people, and I hope you can find it in yourself to not allow these negative comments to effect you. prayers for you and yours.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 8:05 pm
    • Ant’s a great guy. I know these negative comments will roll off his back, that’s just how he is. I love you Ant !!

Friday, 19 June 2015, 7:36 am
  • “Sounds like” hmmmm I would hate to think people would persecute someone for an assumption. anthony doesn’t even smoke weed! I’m sure Anthony himself is questioning where when and why and wishes he could change things. But I’m still so confused, why does it matter at all anything about Anthony? He’s the victim! Let’s focus on getting the people who did this, that way they don’t hurt any of your family or friends. There is no excuse for what was done to ant, and I’m sure any of you would feel the same if it happened to you.look what these people were capable of!

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 4:27 pm
    • THANK YOU !!!!! That’s what I’ve been saying all along !!!

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 5:45 pm
  • Sounds like a drug deal. Why meet at a park to buy cell phones? any transaction I happen to make through craigslist, I set the meeting spot at a walmart or any establishment where I know cameras are active.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 2:43 pm
    • Idiot- a park is a public place. If he is guilty of anything it is being too trusting because he is obviously looking for the good in people. Just because someone wants to buy a couple of iPhones does not mean they are drug dealers or anything like that.

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 7:24 pm
  • Bunch of big mouthed Pu****s on this post!!

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 2:06 pm
  • Anthony doesn’t think he’s a rapper, he actually puts good music out there. He has done a lot for this community, things he can name off…what about you clean up spring hill? What exactly have you done to “clean up spring hill?” I mean besides adding your judgemental, no fact comments to this site?

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 1:49 pm
  • @ investigation and whats wrong with playing a quick game of ball before making the transaction….is that a f#&#%$ crime now too.you people with negative things to say have way to much time on your hands. …

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 1:24 pm
  • @ clean up spring hill.you apparently dont know ant or u would know the kind of person he is…he works takes care of his kids and does alot of benefit functions and programs.so leave the guy alone…unless you know him shut the F%&! up…and to all those labeling him as a dealer and thug ..well only thing i can say is your F%#&$ stupid. You have NO clue about him…get well ant and karma will get those losers

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 1:19 pm
  • Clean up Spring Hill,Should do a lil SELF CLEANING!!!Stfu man!”He identifys as black”??????Wtf does that even mean??SMH!You sir,Are a Jerkoff 🙂 This is simply a guy,With a legal SIDE hustle to put food on the table.And you sit back and judge him.Come on Now!!!!

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 1:07 pm
  • some of you people just prove the ignorance of this town. I

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 12:08 pm
  • Joe Joe American- This was not a racist crime..Anthony identifies as black.He thinks hes a rapper like Ishmael.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 10:54 am
  • I’m so sorry to hear this, this is literally right around the corner from where I live!! I bring my lil guy to play at the play ground…this is just so sad. This is the Bible-belt of the country.. If I was those men, or adolescents mother I would bring my son straight to Church and stand up and tell the whole congregation exactly what he did or was part of.. God did not make them who they have become. Society did. Anthony, I hope your wounds heal but it’s really emotional healing ..trauma is very hard to get over, and from what I’m reading you are a strong individual. I wish you good luck my friend.. And keep God in your thoughts he helps overcome trauma and gives peace… Stay safe and I wish you only the very best…God be with you and your family…

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 10:39 am
  • Anthony u said u played ball prior to negotiating about sell phones i thought u came to buy a phone

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 9:57 am
  • Didn’t it also say he worked for boost mobile . It doesn’t make him a dealer cuz he has tattoos . It also doesn’t make him a thug u ppl making false accusation are dumb .

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 9:07 am
  • first, so so sorry this happened to you. i will pray they find and convict these criminals.second, i also pray, now that you’ve learned a very hard lesson, (trust) and one you can now teach, that this all turns around for good for you and rather than a victim, you are an overcomer!!! so many teachable
    lessons here. people, how they judge, how you look, matters, and will be judged, etc.i know it sucks, but its true anyways. but honestly, no tats and a suit, would still be judged, lol I know you are thankful you are alive, and your family wasnt harmed! please dont ever let evil define who you are. doing good regardless, kicks evils butt! dont waste time w thoughts of getting even, but how to better protect, you and your family! God bless, protect and heal you and your loved ones from this horrible situation…i pray for your recovery.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 9:01 am
  • We left spring hill brooksville area because me and my husband were attacked by someone with a bat while we were walking around for exercise. The area has changed there is alot of crime. Thank god that his girlfriend and kids were not there. I hope he will be ok . You can’t trust anyone these days.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 7:20 am
  • I’m not suprised! This is an everyday thing in urban areas. 3 black dudes beat up some cracker because he deserves it for them being oppressed by him and his white counterparts. Black people are just better than everyone else and they have the right to do as they please. No matter if it’s robbery or rape it’s not anyone’s fault but all the white devil’s that make it hard for them to get high paying jobs. I’m sure that they all graduated at the tops of they’re classes & just need white people to stop oppressing them! KILL WHITEY! Lollololololololol

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 7:06 am
  • Those tats look like shit

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 6:27 am
  • Where in the article did it say he was selling metro phones I think you need to re read it again honestly

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 5:17 am
  • Anthony Arenz,

Fist off, I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Secondly, you look so young to be so traumatized
    by such a brutal attack, how old are you anyway, about 26 ???

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 3:46 am
  • “Clean up spring hill” is a horrible representative to clean up spring hill! Kids, people, thugs, who the hell cares…he’s the victim!

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 2:22 am
  • Thank you Sean. I can’t believe that some of these people can actually type. Duh you idiots, it’s obviously not a faked injury, go back to watching judge Judy you ignorant judgmental pieces of trash. I love u ant. I know what u have done for this community and the kids. Keep it up.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 2:20 am
  • To all you dumb bitches with the right eye left eye comments, have you ever heard of a mirror??!! Look at the forehead tattoo. Same side as injuries in both.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 1:18 am
  • Wait his eyes switch to the incident he is bleeding on his left eye and then the stitches are on the right! FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 12:55 am
  • Sorry this happened Anthony, do what you gotta do. Screw the haters keep your head up. Karma is a bitch

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 12:41 am
  • I cant believe the many people who took time to write such ignorant comments….. instead of leaving comments hoping for his well being and the scum to be taken off the streets. What a bunch of idiots you are. Ridiculous -_-

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 12:01 am
  • I’m getting really sick of some of the comments here !!!! Ant is a stand up young man, if he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be part of my family !!! He’s a VICTIM , NOT A PERP. He’s a very responsible young man, he takes care of and LOVES his family. He’s the type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. My conclusion is this………..the ones saying he’s a drug dealer are ACTUALLY the ones dealing drugs and want to put the spot light on someone else. Ant, call me tomorrow, I’m wicked sick of the shit they’re saying about you !!! OH, I just changed my number, I’ll send it to you. No matter what some of these jackasses say, Ashleigh and I CONSIDER you FAMILY !!!!! Love you Darlin’, give those beautiful babies a hug and kiss for me !!! <3

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 11:41 pm
  • Their probably friends or know the scums who did this and their defending them . you all that are saying some nasty things should be ashamed . did u think for a second maybe just maybe the people who did this were drug attics themselves and they needed cash to get their fix.ant does not do drugs try to kno him instead of judging him. Ant im glad your okay your better than these nasty disgusting people.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 11:03 pm
  • I thought you were playing basketball with 1 of the suspects.Now you say kids.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 10:51 pm
  • Several Sheriffs Departments have set up safe zones for transactions such as these. Usually in the lobby of a station or just outside. Seems that thugs like this might not want to beat up and slice someone in or in front of a police station. Maybe Hernando County could do the same.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 10:42 pm
  • yeah anthony never said how the females fled the seen or did any show up ….. i thought u where selling metros phones RIGHT OR WRONG

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 10:38 pm
  • Because that’s what happened man lmao no car pulled up re read the post jack ass I was actually playing basketball with these kids Omg an my britches I’m done your immature lmao I was a victim an now I’m being bashed shake on our community I give back to this county I do food drives I do benifit shows to raise money for family’s that are less fortunate I have a damn anti bully group I help our youth while you sit behind a keyboard an degrade people an stereotyping makes you just as bad as the people that did this just saying

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 10:36 pm
  • Wonder why the blood and beaten are on the right eye, but pic with the kid shows the left eye messed up. Something not right here.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 10:17 pm
  • YEp. Agree with bill.. Seems like a deal gone bad. Thugs… Happens all the time. Not exactly news. If a car full of 5 people pull up to buy or sell a “phone”…First red flag.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:44 pm
  • Oh wow, no wonder spring hill is so messed up. There are a lot of Fortune 500 companies that have owners,and employees that have tattoos. That is almost the most ignorant statement I have ever heard. Why is anyone questioning ant? If it happened to your family, would it even matter? He is a great guy who set up an anti bullying group, a good dad and takes care of his kids. Some of these people commenting really don’t know what they are talking about, and you are just plain dumb. As for the girl who admitted everything to ant…what a surprise….they got a snitch, that’s what happens when u hang around worthless trash. Maybe people like “clean spring hill up” and “Notta” should get an education and do some research before throwing words around. As for Anthony taking pics of himself, where and when, how is that even relevant. All of you all would have taken pics too…it’s called evidence. I pray none of this happens to someone you love.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:41 pm
  • I looked at your page..28 is getting to old to be showing your britches.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:34 pm
  • Ant doesn’t sell, or use drugs. I’ve known him years. And who careswhat his mom did? Because she made mistakes, you’re saying ant deserved this? That’s is what is messed up with some people! He’s the victim, and yea some people do make cash, he was going to buy phones.duh.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:28 pm
  • Birds of a feather.. It would appear two flocks of thugs collided. We can see from the pics the “victim” given his appearance was obviously the Director of a Fortune 500 Company.. Right! just go with it. And had had over 900$ cash on him like most working people do at all times. And given he probably has had higher education determined it was ok to meet people he did not know, with a large sum of cash as well as 2 each treasured Iphone’s that I am sure he purchased from the Apple store just days ago.. I just thank God this prodigy decided not bring the mother of the kids we are paying for or the other kids he is not paying to the meet. This pillar of the community has been screwed over, I hope HCSO puts the entire force on this matter, cost is not not an issue to the tax payers of Hernando county. We take great pride in arresting people numerous times a year and spending money on police resources and court cost and public defenders for a reason.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:22 pm
  • OMG the selfie haha was for court I’ve taken a selfie everyday as a matter of fact some of you need some serious help like I said I’m no drug dealer I work hard for my money I take care of my family I have an anti bully group for children I speak to kids about bullying so stop making me out to be the bad guy dammit I’m 28 years old never been arrested an will submit to a drug test an anytime stop trying to slander me to make your self look good I’ve worked hard for 10 years to make what I have made so stop hating an jumping the gun 980$ is not a lot of money to label me a drug dealer or thug as a matter of fact look at my page I’m the most positive person you will meet if any of you would like to speak cause your having a bad day speak on I’m all ears

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:18 pm
    • Hey Ant……..I have a gripe, you have time to listen ?? WHY the hell haven’t you come way out here to visit me in a while ?? HHHMMMM ???? (love ya, your adopted mom)

Sunday, 21 June 2015, 8:20 am
  • He doesn’t “own” a store, and its not boost, its metro, and yes I wonder what his boss will say when they find out he’s selling phones on the side … Hmm is he stealing from his own job to make money on the side…. Shady shady shady.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:12 pm
  • I will keep you and your family in my prayers sorry this happen to you Iit makes me think twice about meeting up to buy stuff off people anymore don’t think he is a drug dealer I don’t blame him for meeting in a public place just imagine if they would of meet at his house would of been worse I hope the people you did this gets caught and get what they deserve our world is going crazy and all some people think about is how the victim is in the wrong well u guys need to grow up I will always stand by the victim in cases like this no matter what they do for a living no one deserves to be beat half to death

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:10 pm
  • off to buy drugs an tried to rip someone off u heard yepppp looks like he use to work at metro he took the first pic at work??????

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:02 pm
  • Wow so many people quick to judge this man they don’t even know, who got beat up and robbed. How sad that more people said nasty things about him than they did about the CRIMINALS! Anthony I’m glad you’re OK and I hope they find these losers quickly!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 9:02 pm
  • Listen just because . Some people have alot of money cash on them doesnt mean they deal.One time we went to buy a car cash and it was new.We busted our asses all of our lives and saved for it.We are upstanding people.The car dealer said where did u get this money like we stole it.We said from our savings account.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 8:35 pm
  • It took 4 p***ies to rob 1 guy , I can only hope its 12 on 4 when payback time comes.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 8:26 pm
  • To deal or not to deal, that is the queztion….lol.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 8:13 pm
  • Before we call the cops lets take a selfie of ourself. Lmfao. This man is a damn joke !!!!!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 8:10 pm
  • and buying phones

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 8:08 pm
  • This county is really going down the tubs, It’s becoming wall to wall crime, “Crime Hill” & Crooksville” should be the real names.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:42 pm
  • Matt says he owns a Boost mobile store.Maybe headquarters would be interested in his side job selling phones.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:37 pm
  • A simple white boy? I guess I could say this is typical black on white crime and of course its 4 on 1 since that’s also typical of these cowards!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:31 pm
  • Something fishy going on.More like a drug deal gone bad.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:26 pm
  • Anthony is a good man and still sees good in people. It’s a shame this happened to him.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:17 pm
  • So sorry this happened to you. Praying for you.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:10 pm
  • Thank you to those who defend me and to those who speak negative thank you means a lot but those who know me know I’m not a drug dealer or a thug

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:08 pm
    • Ant, I’ll ALWAYS have your back Hun !!!!!!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 8:54 pm
    • Anthony, I am sorry this has happened to you. I am more sorry that you have to be re victimized by the Keyboard Cowboys here. I understand how it is to have so much love in your heart for others both known and unknown and to be judged because you have tattoos and drive a motorcycle. Please do not let these few shake your moral foundation you live by. People are often jealous of others when they here that someone has love and compassion for others in their hearts. Most are selfish and greedy and can’t see past their own convictions and think everyone is like them. There are some of us out here that are caring giving people with love in our hearts for all without any desire for rewards or even acknowledgement. Keep on being you because you are needed by more than they know.

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 7:13 am
    • Anthony, I do not know you, but I am sorry that so many people are assuming you have poor character. Hang in there and hopefully law enforcement nails the dirtbags that injured you and stole from you.

Saturday, 20 June 2015, 7:13 pm
  • Real Lee tho are you serious? do you even know him while your putting out false accusations? Imma say this nicly….. Can you shut the f**k up and not comment if it’s not positive cause he need positivity right now and your not helping! If you don’t have anything nice to say then do not say anything at all!!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:06 pm
  • LETS GET EM! I’ll be hanging around at the park more often now….. WATCH OUT THUGS!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 6:27 pm
  • A front selFie makeS tHe Angle fLiP

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 6:23 pm
  • First of all to the lady linda who says shes known ant for a really long time lmao u sound slow, how can anyone run a legit bussiness and not be a drug dealer when hes buying phones off ppl in the streets at a park at that . Cmon ppl open ur eyes and think. Oh wait u cant do that cuz its a simple whiteboy this happened to and hes not a drug dealer hes a god fearing and child loving man right? Get outta here

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 6:22 pm
  • I’m so glad his daughters weren’t with him. Anthony is a great father and would literally give you the shirt off of his back. Ive been friends with him for numerous years. The thought of someone calling him a dealer actually made me laugh out loud… If there’s one thing he’s not – it’s that. Anthony If you need anything give us a call!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 6:09 pm
  • It’s Amazing that people would pass such judgment on the victim because he has cash and tattoos…. they just assume that he is a dealer…

First of all, even if he were a dealer…. does that justify what these people did to him?

Seriously! People STOP making comments that justify this crime….I’m gonna assume your just as a lose as these people for your mind to think like that!!!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 5:52 pm
    • THANK YOU !!!!!! I have tats and weapons, ride a Harley and do what I want. Ant is a GREAT guy. Next time he agrees to meet someone, I hope he makes the meeting at my house. (HHMMM, I have a Pit Bull trained in Italian too)

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 7:24 pm
  • This is why you should buy a gun and get your concealed permit. He could have saved the cops the trouble and police work and shot these cowards dead, especially when they used a deadly weapon on him. One day someone is going to die trying this on a more prepared individual.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 5:49 pm
  • Ant is a dealer like his mom was.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 5:19 pm
  • isn’t it Brooksville PD instead of the sheriff’s department who handles that case ? and if that’s so then kudos to Brooksville PD hope they catch them and throw the book at them!!!!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 5:17 pm
  • I hope Ant is reading all of this encouragement !! He’s a good kid !!! Drug dealer ???? OMG, I’m LMMFAO about that comment………..

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 5:13 pm
  • I know him .hes a good guy making a honest dollar and to be so quick to judge him because he has 980 dollars in his pocket dont make him a dealer so stop assuming the wrong things about people ..and i guess for all the doctors and lawyers that carry that much money are dealers too..lol some people are just plain ignorant and plain out stupid

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 4:57 pm
    • So true Matt!!!!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 6:25 pm
  • Bill .hes not a dealer he owns a boost mobile store..so unless you know what your saying keep your mouth and opinions to yourself

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 4:53 pm
  • There should be at least one arrest already, The girl who set it up!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 4:41 pm
  • What a bunch of scum!! What else can be said that hasn’t already? It is sick to think that someone would do this to another. So we have attempted murder, Grand theft auto, Strong arm robbery. I think the best place for all 5 of these scum bags is behind bars. The streets are cruel on revenge.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 4:07 pm
  • I am so sorry to hear this. How horrible! I hope for you a speedy recovery. And maybe the judge can get them on premeditated murder ? Considering one had a gun and was going to kill him. Thank god his girlfriend and children were not there. I hope the scum of the earth gets everything they deserve. I purchase items off these sites as well, but I make sure it’s in parking lots iof stores where their is a lot of people. But it is scary after reading this.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 3:27 pm
  • He’s a dealer… 980 cash

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 3:13 pm
    • Please do not make a statement like that when you do not know what you are talking about. I have known Anthony for a number of years. He is a good guy and very devoted dad. He is not a drug dealer and oh my I think you have the story backwards. I read that he was buying the phones and that is probably why he had the money on him. It is amazing how people take something bad that happens to someone and all of a sudden they are in the wrong. Why not let the Sheriffs Department do there job and we will all find out what happened.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 4:42 pm
    • Really, Bill ?
      If a guy is going to buy 2 I6 cell phones from an individual, how much cash do you think he should have on him?
      You don’t think an individual selling a phone would take a credit card, do you?
      What do you think? They’d take a check ?
      An I.O.U. ?

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 5:00 pm
    • That’s a douchebag comment!!!! Strangely, I haven’t met many “Bills” that weren’t. Honestly, some people are just hateful all the time!!!! No one wants to hear your response, BILL!!!!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 6:23 pm
  • This story really upsets me, on one hand you have these fake wannabe thugs that are nothing but cowards and on the other hand you have a dumb good for nothing b!tch who is probably a groupie for the other guys and just wants to be accepted for all of the wrong reasons.

First I will talk about the guys, all three of them, how many guys does it take to beat another man? Really?! You guys are cowards for the simple fact that you sucker punched (with brass knuckles) this poor guy and it took all three of you.

How inconsiderate and meaningless is your life to even ponder such an act? Not only are you a coward because you sucker punched him but you also pulled out a box cutter, were you afraid after you sucker punched him with the brass knuckles that he was going to get up and hurt you, were you that scared that you would get a taste of your own medicine because in my eyes you were and that makes you once again a coward. Hell you guys might even get the coward of the year award if I had a vote in it.

Secondly to this girl who set the whole thing up, who are you to put someone else’s life in danger the way you did? You superseded the other three guys actions and past them by far not only being a coward but also being scum of the year for not only the county but maybe as far as the surrounding three counties. I like how you stated and I quote “didn’t know they were going to hurt him that bad” you knew before meeting with this man that they already had intentions of hurting him period, no you do not deserve forgiveness, you deserve jail time for your acts.

If this man’s girlfriend had been with him and you guys being the cowards that you are and already stated you would have punched her as well then who knows what you would have done if his poor kids were there. The bottom line is you knew this would happen and that makes you worse than any other human being that I know and I hope you get the time and punishment that is fitting, all five of you.

You five are nothing but a drain to our society and our county would be better off with scumbags such as yourself in it. I normally do not believe in karma but in this instance I hope you get what you deserve and then some. Because you five are too lazy to hold down a legitimate job and make your own money you decide to take another individuals earned money with deadly force. You give this county a bad name and you make it even more difficult to trust even the most honest person that any individual will come across in their lifetime. You five are part of the problem and it is time that Hernando county started to deal with these problems instead of avoiding them.

That is just my two cents, sorry for taking everyone’s time up away from their busy and productive day not robbing others hard earned money but making it themselves, I will leave off saying this to those individuals who work hard for their money and property, thanks for being part of the solution!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 3:00 pm
  • Ant has a lot friends. Because he’s actually a good man. Hope the police get them before his friends do. More to the story? Please, not everyone is a piece of crap. He legit was selling phones.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 2:59 pm
  • It was taken with a front facing camera.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 2:53 pm
  • When you take a front facing photo it flips the pic the other way lol try it with your phone

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 2:33 pm
  • Wtf is wrong with you freaking people. Get a damn job. Stop robbing people who work long hard hours for there money. Ever one of these s**t heads deserves what’s coming to them. It’s sad what the world has turned into. It breaks my heart. I don’t know anthony personally but i know his family this is so sad and breaks my heart people go out of there way to rob people and try killing someone get a f***ing life scum bags!!!!!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 2:33 pm
  • Why does the top photos show injury to the left eye and the bottom photo shows the right eye?

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 2:14 pm
      • The photo on the bottom was taken with a camera on the front of a phone, making it backwards.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 2:38 pm
        • THANK YOU, haven’t you taken a “selfie” before Tom ??

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 4:05 pm
          • A selfie still should show the tattoos in the right spot…They are on a different side of his face all together…

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 4:29 pm
      • I just took a “selfie” with an iPhone 5 from the front facing and rear facing cameras on the phone they are identical; right is still on the right and left still on the left, not flipped opposite of each other. It’s like I could shake hands with myself in both pictures. So I don’t know what your talking about being “flipped”

Thursday, 18 June 2015, 4:11 pm
    • Duh, the bottom photo is a picture taken in the mirror.

Friday, 19 June 2015, 1:40 am
  • What goes around comes around. Better hope hcso gets ahold of them before ant and his people do.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 1:56 pm
  • Typical trash here’s a thought rather than robbing someone why dont you usless pieces of garbage get a job o wait that would mean you cant be lazy and a drain on society anymore

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 1:48 pm
  • I hope they arrest them and they go to jail and get illegal cononoscopies from there fellow inmates

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 1:46 pm
  • I know Anthony Arenz, I treat him like a son. This really infuriates me !!!! Love Ya Ant <3 I'll see you soon, get well <3

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 1:35 pm
  • Sounds like HCSO has enough info to find and arrest the perps! Hope they resist and get the living chit kicked out of them!

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 1:31 pm
  • Sounds shady to me. I bet there is more to the story.

Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 1:21 pm