Father Discovers Drowned Son in Family Pool, Officials Say Accidental Death

HUDSON (PASCO) – A Hudson family is grieving loss of their 4-year-old boy this evening, after he drowned in the family pool.

According to officials, the victim’s father discovered his son in the pool at their home on Ed Street and transported him to Bayonet Point Hospital.

The victim, 4-year-old Evan Pereaux was pronounced deceased around 4:30 p.m. this evening.

Preliminary information indicates that Pereaux’s death was accidental.

drowning

Comments
  • what a devastating lost for a parent…You have to be so extra careful with your children and a pool.. smdh,

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 10:14 am
  • So Sad Such A Tragedy Prayers For the family

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 5:39 pm
  • Omg, i cant imagine the pain of losing a child, God Bless the boy and his family.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 9:02 am
  • Prayers go out to the family. In Florida it is a NECESSITY to teach swimming to children of ALL AGES. Also necessary are safety fences, safety locks on doors &/or safety alarms on doors. Not saying parents didn’t care or weren’t responsible. Just very sorry for their tragic loss & will pray for them. I hope someone else with a pool plus children will pay attention.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 7:35 am
  • Prayers to the family 🙁

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 10:20 pm
  • Very sorry for your child, please pay attention to your children!

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 10:08 pm
  • Had to suddenly reach out and embrace my own 4yr old son and tell him I love him…………………………………………………………………….as I know first hand ……..the agony of losing a child . Out of four children , two girls, two boys ………I lost my eldest daughter in 2011. ………….I am well acquainted with this kind of pain .

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 10:08 pm
  • So sad sorry for the familys loss we almost had the same thing happen to our son last year but we was able to revive him ?prayers for the family they make it threw this tragedy

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 10:01 pm