Father of Two Young Boys Dies in Crash – Mother Lost Last Year

HUDSON (PASCO) – Less than four months ago, family and friends said goodbye to a young wife and mother of two children, after her life was cut short, due to a sudden illness. Jennifer Myers was just 28 when she passed away – leaving her husband Zachery to care for their two children, Zane and Zack Jr.

With broken hearts just beginning to mend, devastating news reached the family on Thursday that no one was prepared to receive. The boy’s father, Zachery Myers, had lost his life to a motorcycle crash in Pasco County.

According to official reports, around 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Myers was driving his motorcycle northbound on Little Road, when he failed to negotiate a curve and struck a guardrail, near US-19. Myers was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital, where he died the following day from injuries sustained in the crash.

Zachery Myers was just 31-years old.

12039205_10153434958153481_3971823356837388164_n

Comments
  • My thoughts and prayers are with these boys and hope their mom and dad’s memory stay alive. I pray for the families and friends that are all going through such a hard time. That dad was a hero to his kids. I don’t know the family at all. And for you to bring up his personal life if he found a new friend that ended up starting a relationship with. I’m pretty certain that woman probably helped this father through his difficult times after losing his wife. You can not judge someone for starting a new relationship after their spouse passes away. His wife would want nothing more than to find a great woman and to move on in his own time. If it be 4 mths or 4 yrs. That wife and mother would want her husband happy and with someone that would be amazing to her children. You dont know if this is a women he has known for a long time and was a good friend that helped him through the hardest thing a husband can go through and it made them close and best of friends. This happens and you have no right of shaming him of that nor putting this out there at all. Did you look at his fb page and form your own opinion? I lost a brother 3 yrs ago. My brother would not want his gf or wife to grieve a long time. He would want her to find someone else and to be happy. Knowing one day they would be together again. I’ve lost a really good friend I went to school with he had the best marriage with 3 boys and a girl on the way. He never got to meet his daughter. Many friends were there for her and the kids. Something great and unexpectedly came from that. A good man that was a friend to both of them. That man helped her as a friend and helped with the kids. They ended up having a relationship and are very happy and those kids have a father figure in their life again. They visit his grave site all the time and they keep his memory alive. Im a mother of 3 and if something happened to me I would want the love of my life to not mourn over me. I would want him to care for my kids and keep my memory alive and to find a great woman that would love my children as they were her own. I would want them to be happy. Everyone hurts in their own ways. But when loved ones lose someone. Many people are there to support and help especially when kids aren involved and going through a loss like that can’t be easy on a parent. but they are human and friendships form and maybe this woman he had a relationship with helped him through his loss and helped the kids as well as woman always want to help when kids lose their mother. Bc we are mothers. Its all apart of life and life is so short. Im sure his family and his kids know that he passed smiling again and going to school as someone stated and being a dad he is a hero. Hero’s come in all forms and how dare you speak ill of this man that just lost b his life. May the lord be with his kids and family and may you not be so judgemental bc I’m sure you have never been in his shoes and may you never have to go through such a tragedy. He was a good dad and husband and you don’t find that often anymore. Those boys were blessed and its so sad such good people are taken too soon. RIP to both these parents and may the good lord be sure the boys are raised with good family and loved so much and keep mommy and daddy alive.

Thursday, 11 February 2016, 7:55 am
  • Also, don’t tote a man as a hero, who was clearly moving onto a new relationship just a few months after his wife passed away. New relationships take time, time that should have been spent healing with his boys. Not sure how he was a hero, but a hero thinks of others first.

Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 9:28 am
  • I think we should all pray for the family and leave harsh words aside its hard enough people

Tuesday, 9 February 2016, 9:08 pm
  • I agree with Inclusive and anyone who wants to bad mouth someone expressing their own opinion is just wrong and should shut the he11 up.. Inclusive made a very VALID point.. It’s Facts people. It seems like every other day there is someone dead/dying from a motorcycle accident.. You can’t bash someone for speaking on an OPEN forum about their opinions.. I am very sorry for the family and these beautiful little boys, but their father was selfish and continued to ride a death machine.. Bring more awareness to how dangerous motorcycles are instead of attacking someone for expressing their opinion…

Monday, 8 February 2016, 4:08 pm
  • I am also amazed at how some people take someone’s comment and twist it around to be negative. Inclusive was not being insensitive. He voiced his opinion as to the dangers of motorcycles. Mamma, you completed twisted the comment. Your comment on a car and motorcycle was absurd. It was not what inclusive was insinuating. If you really read and understand what he stated you too will understand. SMH.

Sunday, 7 February 2016, 6:17 pm
  • FINALLY… this story was not washed away by negative responses. Inclusive was not being negative, he was making a valid point not being insensitive to the situation. Many prayers go out to these two boys who are now without a mother & father. Their lives will not be easy however hopefully they will be raised by loving and caring family members who will give them positive guidance.

Sunday, 7 February 2016, 6:07 pm
  • Inclusve: Can you agree that this is asituation that you should just keep your mouth shut with your opinion, your article references and your SELFISH words. People are grieving, mourning and are in pain- your DB comments are unwelcome and unnecessary. May God Bless these boys and the people that will be caring for them.

Sunday, 7 February 2016, 3:05 pm
    Go fund be account for the children ??

Sunday, 7 February 2016, 1:02 am
  • Inclusive you are right. Especially since his friends warned him and mentioned this just the day before his dreaded accident. I used to ride but gave it up due to my kids being my priority. RIP Zack.

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 5:09 pm
  • mommaofasonwhoisgone the point I want to make is motorcycles are not as safe as other means of transportation. In an article published in 2014, it was determined motorcyclist are 35 times more likely to be killed in accidents than car drivers. Please don’t think I’m against motorcycles. I am simply pointing out the level of risk was not a likely consideration when deciding to purchase a motorcycle, .

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 2:02 pm
  • Lynn you commented on my opinion yet don’t make your case. His occupation is not a factor here. A single parent, who is also the sole provider, should reduce risk where possible. I commend you both on continuing your education. You have tagged Zach with the much overused word, “hero”. In your circle of influence its possible Zach was seen as a hero. I defend my statement. Zach was not thinking of his children when he decided to purchase a means of transportation known for having high risks.

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 1:25 pm
  • I am requesting help locating the guardians of these children. The motorcycle community will come together and plan an event to at least financially help whomever had to take the responsibility of the children. I can be contacted at [email protected]. Please anyone that knows who has these kids, email me so the community and coordinate an event.

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 1:09 pm
  • Sorry to hear this terrible news, I’m always reading about motorcycle deaths around here, Therefor any number of reasons and it’s something one should think hard about before wanting to acquire one.’s just to many

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 11:08 am
  • Very sad, hopefully these children have a good family network to help them though this horrible time!

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 11:08 am
  • I was about to say that was an ignorant comment but you said it perfectly. I dont know the family but i lost my son in an accident and guess what?????? He was in a car!!!!! Can i say he would still be alive had he been on a motorcycle?????? what on earth were you thinking when you made that comment??????

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 11:02 am
  • Inclusive.. This is NOT the place to argue, but your statement on how “selfish” this father was, by driving a motorcycle is ignorant! So if he was a police officer, or a fireman, or a construction worker.. (ALL higher risks, ALONG WITH A MILLION OTHER THINGS, Too many to mention… ) Then what would you say??? Rediculous! This man was going to school to further his education to better provide for his children! Not an easy task.. I know because I’m doing the same. I would call him a hero for being so selfLESS!! RIP Zach. May God wrap his arms around this family and comfort them during this horrible time.

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 8:00 am
  • Rest in peace Jen and Zach my heart goes out for the entire family and especially for these precious children that have lost their parents may God wrap his arms around everyone involved and give them peace

Saturday, 6 February 2016, 6:57 am
  • OMG,so sad.Prayers being sent to those precious babies and family and friends.I cant begin to imagine what everyone is going through.My heart aches for everyone.RIP Jenn and Zach.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 9:21 pm
  • RIP BEAUTIFUL FAMILY ?!

Friday, 5 February 2016, 8:12 pm
  • OMG! Really!!! My heart goes out to those little boys!!! What a terrible month!!! God bless you babies!

Friday, 5 February 2016, 6:57 pm
  • There is a go fund me account set up

Friday, 5 February 2016, 6:43 pm
  • I feel bad for the children while at the same time think how selfish the father was. Motorcycles have always had additional risks over automobiles. Case in point, chances are the father would still be alive had he been driving a car.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 5:59 pm
  • I hope those children have a huge family support network. Makes you realize how precious what we have really is.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 5:38 pm
  • So very sorry.. prayers and thoughts to any family and friends trying to make heads or tails of this terrible tragedy and get throgh this one of the most trying times of your lives. And God Bless and be with those 2 boys. <3

Friday, 5 February 2016, 4:05 pm
  • I have known this family for years. This tragedy is so unfair. If you can, please support these beautiful boys who have been left as orphans. They do have loving family but they have lost their loving parents.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 3:32 pm
  • Sad News. We are holding a fundraiser for the kids to help them during this trying time. Karma Spirits & Cafe will donate 75% of our Sales to them. No Cover. Just come eat some food or have a drink…You just supported a good cause. See you on February 2oth.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 3:02 pm
  • Dont know them but so sad .How can this happen. I hope the boys are with grandparents or family members. I am sure they will never let them forget their parents and how much they were loved .

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:59 pm
  • That is so sad! My heart breaks for those 2 little boys and the family. Please God give them the strength to get through this ?

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:57 pm
    Gofundme account for the family.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:46 pm
  • So very sad to hear this news. May God bless this family and bring peace to them through this horrible tragedy.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:43 pm
  • god bless the boys and let god be with them and guide them through life without their parents and give them strength to fight through loosing both of their parents and be with their family that is providing for them or whoever is taking care of them

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:41 pm
  • So terribly tragic.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:24 pm
  • So very, very sorry. What a horrible thing to happen. Lord please be with those two boys and the rest of the family and friends.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:22 pm

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:21 pm
  • In shock they were awesome people, my prayers to the family may God Bless them all. R.I.P.Both gone too soon.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 1:02 pm
  • I’m in tears over this. These poor children…such a huge loss in their young lives. Been there, done that when I was 6, so I know what this means for them. Especially the older son. God please give them the peace and comfort they and their families will need to see them through yet another horrific tragedy. Amen… ;(

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:55 pm
  • This is so devastating. Sending Prayers to the family and the young boys…is there a go fund me for them?

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:49 pm
  • Prayers for the family and those precious babies 🙁

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:42 pm
  • Scary how people think they re invincible.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:39 pm
  • God bless their entire family, prayers and the most positive of vibes being sent to the family and two precious boys.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:18 pm
  • Prayers for Zack Jr., Zane & the families. Such a horrific tragedy 🙁

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:16 pm
  • Can rnrf post a link to the go fund me account when one is created? They are going to need all the support they can get.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:15 pm
  • His last Facebook posts tear my heart out. RIP Zack. We will miss you, darling.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:10 pm
  • Zack was my classmate & incredibly sweet. This breaks my heart

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:06 pm
  • I can’t believe he’s really gone :'(

Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:02 pm
  • Rip, May The Lord comfort them through this most difficult time.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 11:59 am
  • Had the chance to interact with him on a few separate occasions. He truly was a down to earth individual. It’s sad to see this happen

Friday, 5 February 2016, 11:48 am
  • Any information on supporting these children? I.e. Fundraising?

Friday, 5 February 2016, 11:39 am
  • Such a beautiful family. My heart goes out to these little boys!! Such a tragedy to go through at such a young age. May God bless you & strengthen you throughout this journey!!

Friday, 5 February 2016, 11:39 am
  • Prayers for his family

Friday, 5 February 2016, 11:29 am
  • My heart is so broken for these children, family’s, and friends…. our prayers are with you all…..

Friday, 5 February 2016, 10:54 am
  • My heart just breaks for the families and these precious boys. I am praying for God to comfort and bless them.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 10:50 am
  • R. I. P. Such tragedy. Prayers for the family.

Friday, 5 February 2016, 10:45 am