Former Army M.P. Arrested for Using Social Media App. to Lure Girl, 12, for Sex

SPRING HILL (PASCO) – Pasco County Detectives have arrested a 23-year-old man, after officials say he used a new social media app. to meet and have sex with an underage girl.

During a press conference this morning, Sheriff Chris Nocco says Tyler James Dempsey used the app. Whisper to lure three girls, ages 12-15, back to a residence on Little Road, where he gave them drugs and had sex with the 12-year-old.

Officials say the incident occurred over the weekend, but the victim didn’t report it until she spoke with a school counselor on Monday.

Detectives say Dempsey initially denied the claims but after being presented with evidence, he eventually confessed.

Dempsey just exited the U.S. Army, and claims to have worked as Military Police while stationed in Germany.

Nocco says, “This is only a 12-year-old girl who probably had a feeling of popularity or being wanted, and she goes on this app.” Nocco continues, “We have these deviant, sexual, immoral people out there and they take advantage of these little kids.” Nocco warns parents, “Please – take those cellphones, be on ‘em.”

Dempsey is charged with sexual battery and is currently held at the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center.

The investigation continues, and officials say additional charges could be forthcoming.

Comments
  • Kimberly that’s good stuff sounds like really good stuff makes lots of sense could you please share what app I’m sure there are many but just curious if you would thanks much!!!!

Saturday, 17 March 2018, 5:47 pm
  • This is why I have a parental control app on my kids phone. Plus I reserve the right to walk up and take it without any reason whatsoever, and I do , regularly. I go to every social media and I even go to sign in pages into see what other email addresses have been used and I have her email Facebook and Insta all logged in on my phone. What’s app has been blocked , Marco polo has been blocked and any other app I feel is risky.

Friday, 16 March 2018, 2:29 am
  • DR, sorry I missed you your solution may be the best yet especially the part about the knife being DULL!!!! well said good job spot on!!!!!

Thursday, 15 March 2018, 4:59 pm
  • Lena w, molester hater, and Lisa Levy, spot on!!! right on you got it!!!! that’s the way I see it as well!!! want to put it an end to this this crap as soon as these people are proven Beyond a doubt to be guilty of this evil have a public shooting in the Town Square I’m sick of this s***

Thursday, 15 March 2018, 4:57 pm
  • Once again the wonderful wonderful internet and these wonderful STUPID PHONES! In my opinion they did way more damage than good and in many ways have ruined our youth perhaps to the point of being
    ill reversible anyway I know that even the best parents in the world unless they are 24/7 keeping up with all the latest apps changes websites this that the other these kids nowadays know this stuff better than their parents, that’s all I’m saying is even the best of parents can be on top of their childs cell phone but there may be a hidden App somewhere that old Mom and Dad just can’t seem to see or find allowing for this to happen to even good parents and any case the scumbag needs to fry as the rest of them do piece of crap!!!!

Thursday, 15 March 2018, 4:54 pm
  • Where were the parents????

Thursday, 15 March 2018, 11:51 am
  • Parents – your 12 year olds should not be hooking up with men on social media, going with them to an apartment and smoking pot. Get it? Keep track of what your children are doing with their fancy cel phones that you are paying for.

Thursday, 15 March 2018, 9:14 am
  • I have a question… It says he was charged with Sexual Battery. Shouldn’t the charge be Rape?

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 6:22 pm
    • “Sexual battery” covers any act of sexual intercourse without consent. To charge “rape” requires evidence of the use of threat or force. Initially, suspects are charged with “sexual battery.” After investigation, more charges may be added.

Thursday, 15 March 2018, 6:52 am
  • DEATH PENALTY will guarantee no repeat offenders!

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 4:33 pm
  • Always the same face I can tell you this happens all the time in the black world but the parents don’t care or aren’t around, or the parents will take money in exchange for not reporting it or anything. That’s a fact

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 2:35 pm
    • What’s your point??? Has nothing to do with this article!!!!!

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 9:06 pm
  • Time to get out a dull knife and neuter this scum bag… Hope he gets his in the Big House..

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 1:59 pm
    • What you don’t understand is that they separate these kind of offenders from the general population just so they don’t get beat.

He will do his time and get out only to violate again.

Molesters are the worst scum next to serial killers. No impulse control or discipline.

Lock him up and throw the key away and we’ll all be safe from this one. Just one. There are many, many more where he came from.

Sad thing is your beautiful neighbor may be one, too!

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 2:24 pm
      • He’ll get whats coming to him whether on the inside..OR out

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 3:56 pm
  • SPARKLIN WIGGET 🙁

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 12:47 pm
  • There is quick cure for that disGusting vile pig

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 12:33 pm
  • Same face, always the same face who shot up schools. Rape young girls. Meth heads. Drug addicts. Thugs. Criminals. Chickens coming home to roost.

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 12:24 pm
  • wow,if that was my daughter the best part of that scumbags day would be waking up in jail.i pray tyrone takes good care of you at your new home,and that you die long miserable death just before your paroled

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 12:19 pm
    • If this was your 12 year old daughter…I would hope and pray that you knew where she was and who she was with. I would hope that you cared enough to make her feel secure in who she is and not needing to reach out to strangers. Your comment make it appear you are a failure as a parent.

Thursday, 15 March 2018, 11:55 am
      • my comment was just that a comment,your comment makes you seem as a failure as a person.my children are doing well thank you very much.i suppose eveything needs blame and you are blaming these kids parents,while i agree parents should be in conrol of the kids but you go and make a assine statement without facts unless of course you know more about this story then whats in the article.if not maybe you should refrain from blamimg parents when you dont know what happen.people work to support their familys 12 through 15 year old should not need day care.yes im confident my child would not go smoke weed with anyone however again it does not say he said come over and smoke weed while i rape you he could of been posing as a 12 to 15 year old himself.you dont know what happen so maybe lets not blame the victims and lets blame the scum bag pedophile,also i noticed you have not blamed the scumbags parents only the parents of the victims.thats great blame victims you my friend are part of the problem.

Thursday, 15 March 2018, 5:20 pm