Former Children’s Visitation Center Manager Exposes Himself in Public Restroom

BROOKSVILLE – A man who families trusted to watch their children during court ordered visitation faces charges of indecent exposure, after officials say he exposed himself inside to a man inside a public restroom.

According to Brooksville Police, a male adult victim contacted police on July 12th, after he stopped to use the restroom at McKethan Park in Brooksville. The victim was taking a break from operating a street sweeper when he entered the restroom alone. Minutes later, 75-year-old Jerry Childress entered the restroom and inserted his penis into a hole that was drilled through the bathroom divider. The victim slammed the divider and fled the bathroom to call police.

Police arrived on the scene but did not locate Childress in the immediate area. About 45 minutes later the victim reported seeing Childress exit a wooded area and leave in a vehicle. The victim followed Childress to Faith Evangelical Presbyterian Church, located on North Broad Street, and called Police. The Police made contact with Childress at that location, where he admitted to committing the act. Officials tell RNRF that this isn’t the first time Childress has performed this kind of act in public.

On July 19th Childress was arrested and charged with one count of indecent exposure and is now free on a $1,000 bond.

Childress was the Brooksville Visitation Center’s manager, located at 275 Oak Street, until it closed late last year due to lack of funding.  It is unknown if an investigation will be conducted into possible misconduct during his time as the center’s manager.

A video interview and confession is forthcoming.

sex 2

sex 1 Childress

Comments
  • isnt any surprise to me.they have a history of ******* employee behavior.i know myself because i lost my son in a 4 year fight against the lady that ran that place.after she got her way and adopted him,he was molested in her care.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 2:22 pm
  • First of all not all children in the system r there becuz of unfit parents as was done to me and my children for 10 months based solely on allegations and they were trying to terminate my parental rights and Put my children up for adoption until i proved with the governor’s help at the time that the system is totally corrupt from the caseworkers down the line to the foster parents that were physically abusing and starving my children and others including babies, and this foster parent is a dean in an elementary school and a reserve officer with one of the sheriffs depts….and Jerry was one of the visitation workers at the time and iv always felt uneasy with him! This was 10 yrs ago and I’m just getting done with getting justice for me and my children for what was done to us! As soon as I’m able to go public with my whole story trust that i will to hep other children and families! I have a letter from the governor at the time that the state failed me and my children! I didn’t keep quiet ever about what was happening to us and almost all the ppl working in the system hated me for that and tried to make it seem like i was the crazy one!! If u know u did no wrong as a parent then fight with all u have for what u believe in for your children becuz if u don’t ur going to lose them to all of these crazy perverts that r supposed to be watching over are children to help them….help??!!! Yea right!!!! What a joke!!! From a mother whose been through it!!!

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 5:58 pm
    • Please contact me at [email protected]. I have a very similar case and need help getting my 6 children from these kidnappers.

Thursday, 6 October 2016, 2:43 am
  • So he should have never gotten the children’s job if it happened prior to his hiring at the visitation center, lukeeladee…smh..prior to hire should be never hired…decrease mental capacity means he should be monitored since he has a prior history….now he roams playgrounds where children are..maybe lukeeladee can really become a lucky lady there’s!

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 1:35 pm
  • Did it ever occur to anyone that at 75 years old, perhaps his mental faculties may have deteriorated, and his previous offense may not have happened prior to his involvement with the visitation center. This story tells this event and dribs and drabs, everything else is conjecture.

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 10:36 am
  • Next time maybe somebody will have a sharp knife and leave it lay on the floor for him

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 9:16 am
  • Inhumane

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 7:33 am
  • The same court systems that allows criminals to walk and breathe
    and some say execution is inh
    We cannot unite to solve the problems
    Then we better pray for our families safety
    Hang him rite where he is standing

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 7:32 am
  • Send the pervert deputy over and they can play with each others chickens. By the way, why is that deputy still a deputy, there is something mighty strange here that needs to be looked at..

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 5:15 am
  • As a former COB employee working at the golf course, it was the perfect view to constantly spy on that particular bathroom. On one occasion there were 3 men (two married), frolicking, enjoying their perversion between that infamous hole. That hole has been there for years, for that particular use. There are many young children that use that facility. Perhaps someday when there is a gang bang, child rape take place between that hole….someone at the COB might have the common sense to change the door or fix the hole !! Perhaps they can use some “Friends of the Children’s” fund , they certainly don’t use it on the kids! And…for the perverts, buy a blow up doll it may work better for you.

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 2:02 am
  • oh the old glory hole.. i think the embarrassment is enough that he got his pecker through a hole the size of the average drill bit.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 11:28 pm
  • Smh white people

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 11:22 pm
  • Tom Lemons ~ With all due respect, I feel you should edit your first sentence.
    The FAMILIES did NOT TRUST this man, THE COURT DID!
    It is NOT TRUE, and I would know, since I was a foster parent.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 10:46 pm
  • WTF this creep should be a sex offender! Hes working at a childrens visitation center and has a history of lewd acts? wow!
    I guess thats about right cop jerks off in patrol car – doesnt get terminated…..man exposes himself in public restroom eh $1000 bond lol

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 10:39 pm
  • To think this man was overseeing visitation of children.

Hernando county needs to do a better job of overseeing
    the people who oversee these court ordered visits with
    CHILDREN, who are already in the family court system
    because of unfit parents..

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 10:37 pm
  • Thought it must have been a glory hole.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 10:27 pm
  • this guy is a sick son of a —–. He needs to go to jail before he hurts a kid, or somebody.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 10:20 pm
  • Why is bond being set so low on a pervert? Someone like this should be held without bond. $1000 bond is what I would expect for someone stealing stuff from Walmart but not for something serious like this.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 8:58 pm
  • I wish a raccoon would have been in that bathroom peaking around that hole.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 8:39 pm
  • Too bad the worker couldn’t have pulled a LoraIna Bobbitt on this perverted old Sicko. Obviously can’t control his urges since he’s done it before Yet he still walks among us. Disgusting. Sorry for the worker.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 8:36 pm
  • Denied at the “gloryhole” so went with the tried and true church gig. If he touched a child he should be castrated.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 8:13 pm
  • When he stuck his junk in the hole, the other guy should have shown him something he had never seen……………the other end of it!

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 8:00 pm
  • Lord God, have mercy on all of us.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 7:57 pm
  • Ok. So if this wasn’t his first time why would he be allowed to work with children? Stupidity!

Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 7:55 pm