Former WWHS Employee Criticizes RNRF on National Broadcast, New Evidence Reveals Truth

WEEKI WACHEE – On April 21st RNRF reported the resignation of Asma Rashid, the former Weeki Wachee High School lunchroom employee accused of “inappropriate conduct” with a current male student. CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL REPORT

Prior to the article, RNRF received several unconfirmed reports from concerned parents, claiming that Rashid had engaged in sexual activity with a 17-year-old student on campus, and during school hours.

School Officials confirmed that Rashid had engaged in inappropriate conduct with a student but could provide no further details at the time.

At the time of the report, the Sheriff’s Office would only state that charges would not be filed against Rashid.

In recent weeks, RNRF learned that Rashid and her husband made an appearance on the Steve Wilkos Show, in an attempt to clear her name of the allegations. The show is best known for utilizing a polygraph test to prove the innocence or guilt of guests accused of a myriad of illicit activities.  Most guests are accused of having sex with minors, cheating on their spouse, or having illegitimate children.

During the introduction of the May 13th broadcast, Rashid’s husband says he contacted the show to prove his wife’s innocence; claiming that Rashid was forced to resign over hugging a student one time.

Rashid tells Wilkos that our article accuses her of having sex with a student and that it is ruining her career as a teacher. She goes on to say that the student in question was stalking her throughout the day and always running into her in the hallways.

Rashid claims that the extent of her physical interaction with the student never went beyond a single hug goodbye.

Wilkos asks Rashid why she resigned if she didn’t do anything wrong. Rashid replied “I resigned to avoid the court fees, to avoid the stress…” She goes on to say that at no time did she face criminal charges.

Rashid was asked why she kept the allegations from her husband, who during the show admits to doubting his wife’s fidelity. Rashid says “…I know how my husband is and I know that he has his doubts. Rashid says her husband wouldn’t have found out because he doesn’t use the internet that much.

A polygraph test was performed on Rashid with questions specific to having sexual intercourse or sexual communications with the student. Rashid was not asked what her relationship was the student or if she had done other things besides have sexual intercourse.

Wilkos polygraph results determined that Rashid showed no signs of deception regarding sexual contact.

As a result of the broadcast, RNRF critics demanded that we retract the story and issue an apology to Rashid. Turns out, after reviewing the full report provided by school officials today, Rashid may not have been as honest with her husband or the nation as she claims.

According to the report, officials determined through interviews and video surveillance that Rashid had engaged in kissing the student on numerous occasions for several weeks.

In a partially redacted, handwritten statement provided by Rashid, she states “We met through mutual friends. I was unaware of the rules stating that staff & students could not interact in that manner. (redacted) stated to me numerous times that he was 18 and had (illegible) a grade, which is why he is a Junior and not a Senior. We met through Facebook and continued talking in school, after my shift, and at the top of the stairs. I kissed him, hugged, and talked. We have never met after school.”

The student, whose identity has not been revealed, states “I started flirting with her – like just joking around and it got out of hand. We kissed. It only went on for about a week but my dad told me to end it and so I did. Her name is Lovey Emma (Asma Rashid). She works in the cafeteria.” It is not known why Rashid uses the name Lovey Emma but it is noted as an AKA in the official report.

The student wrote second statement that states he was told by school administrators and the School Resource Officer not to have contact with Rashid.

In a summary report of the meeting held between the school’s Principal, Troy LaBarbara, Lunchroom Manager, Joni Richards, Hernando County Sheriff’s Office (SRO) Deputy Brooks, Confidentiality Secretary Nancy Wright, and Asma Rashid, admitted to hugging and kissing the student on school grounds.

Rashid says that she met the student through mutual friends and didn’t know that he was a student of WWHS. Rashid was concerned with the student’s age because she believed he was 18, which was determined to be true.

Deputy Brooks told Rashid that if the student had the student been younger it would have been grounds for felony charges.

At the conclusion of the meeting, Rashid voluntarily resigned as an employee of Hernando County Schools.

We requested a copy of the video surveillance from school officials but were declined.

RNRF will not be issuing an apology to Asma Rashid.

asma 1 asma 2 wilko 3 wilko 4 Wilko 5

Comments
  • Where was she at when I went to school. I would let her kiss something

Saturday, 27 August 2016, 11:41 pm
  • I get a good laugh out of every one criticizing Tom . Do y’all really think he cares? At the end of the day he sleeps just fine.

Saturday, 28 May 2016, 5:41 pm
  • There is a reason why lie detectors are not admissible in courts.. They are not 100% accurate and it is not an exact sience.. That being said.. Since she admitted to the allegations in the above statement she is guilty and should probably lay off kissing people other than her husband. & for the moron who said that kissing your child will make u a pedophile.. Go hide under a damn rock there is nothing “sexual” about kissing ur child, I mean unless ur tounge is down their damn throat. How would you feel if your child came home from school and told you some dirt bag cafeteria lady was kissing on them? Bet your ass would be the first one at the school raising hell! Maybe your sexist and believe it’s not so bad because the student was of male gender.. What if it wasn’t? the cafeteria staff should have NO interaction with the children outside of lunch… she’s shouldn’t be working at a high school right out of high school I find that to be conflict of interest..

Friday, 27 May 2016, 5:45 pm
  • Proud veteran,I second everything you said.

Thursday, 26 May 2016, 3:38 pm
  • Oh come on, Charlie Strayhorn…due diligence has to come into play if you want to call yourself a REAL journalist.

Thursday, 26 May 2016, 1:31 am
  • Silly Willle, Tom doesn’t make the news up, he reports it as it is given to him.

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 4:11 pm
  • Ambulance chasing doesn’t make this a news “agency”.

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 2:13 pm
  • She was a school employee, he was a student, they had inappropriate contact at school. Yes, I consider the kissing at school to be inappropriate. If she was not a school employee at the school he attended, then my opinion of this would be different. There are standards that should be adhered to. The reason my opinion would be different is because he is over 18 and in Florida he is considered an adult. As consenting adults they make their own choices, be them good or bad choices. But an employee at the school where he is a student, and having the type of interactions they had on school property, that was not ok. Her saying she was unaware of the rules doesn’t cut it…there is probably a paper she signed when she was hired that informed her of the rules of conduct that she was expected to follow as an employee. She should have paid more attention to it. Now she must live with the consequences of her choices. That is what an adult does.

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 1:54 pm
  • Their are unconfirmed reports that a huge white rock landed on a house in San Fran.

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 11:46 am
  • Reporting unconfirmed reports makes it just gossip.REAL GOSSIP REAL FAST.

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 11:41 am
  • Tom, your original report states the employee and the student would “… meet in an unoccupied classroom to perform sexual acts. School Officials confirmed the allegations …” Yikes!

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 8:14 am
  • Does everyone feel better now? blah, blah, blah…get a life!

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 7:03 am
  • If y’all spent as much time focusing on your own relationship than to be on the phone all the time to bash a person who made her self look dumb, you’d have a better relationship too. If the age assumption is correct, outside of school, it would be okay, no one would think other wise. ESPECIALLY on the boys part. He’d probably get cheered on for getting “someone older”. Was she wrong? Yes because there are rules. But it truly shows how much people don’t get over stuff and have nothing better than to put people down. She did a good job making herself look like a fool. Go donate your time to bettering the community or read a book.

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 6:32 am
  • I knew she was lying because I knew she didn’t graduate from wwhs either… she did graduate from nature coast. I worked with her at one time so I knew things she was saying on the show was false. She tried to clear her name and it just got worse.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 10:00 pm
  • There are many lies here! She went to Nature coast high school. She also took her daughter there for the day care! Who n where did the info come from stating she went to wwhs the year before? They both admitted to kissing for a week one said and the other said a few weeks!! So to the ppl saying it may have been on the cheek, umm not for a week or more! Its a shame Emma n Chris went on that show!!! They both live here and that was NOT THE WAY TO RESOLVE THIS! That really made things MUCH WORSE! This would have gone away at some point in time but with THE SHOW you both went on just made more questions for ppl. Emma is young n ppl do make mistakes.Chris will now have an even a harder time becoming a police officer because of the SHOW! I wish who ever told them to go on TV to resolve this would have kept quiet! The show did nothing to help but to let Chris know sex was not a factor!!! NOTHING I read from RNRF said they had sex!!Just ppl comments did! Which may I add are RUDE! She did have an affair n her short coming but thats for Chris n Emma to work through.RNRF doesnt owe any apologies! Prayers for the families! Lets be kind ppl! ??

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 9:44 pm
  • OMGOSH…Tom, I’m usually a supporter of yours. However, today I have got to call you out. That statement does not read “Lovey Emma”. I can give the the name of a great Optomologist. Spring Hill Eye Center. Ian Jung; Great guy. Anyway, The kid wrote Asma, then scribbled it out and wrote Emma. (Maybe he was instructed to have been instructed to change it to the name he called her. Don’t stir up trouble where there is none. If the evidence is there…then it’s there. Don’t fabricate something because you tasted a great story and jumped the gun without doing your due diligence. I’m not saying she’s not a cheater but they are only 2 years apart in age. You represented this story, no better than a cash register rag-stand and owe that family some kind of redeeming recognition for not having proof of the “sexual” inappropriate contact. Hugging and kissing someone hello and goodbye does not constitute sexual contact in my book. I hug and kiss people all the time. It’s a beautiful way to live.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 8:54 pm
  • Lie dectector test are inadmissible in court, why? Because they are not full proof or reliable. But I guess some people just choose to believe a day time talk show, gotta go there’s a leprechaun at my door with a pot of gold.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 8:41 pm
  • Really? Now tabloid style news?Tom ,please,no

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 8:16 pm
  • To WWemployee, you obviously only read that one part of my response and not the rest. I never said graduated, I said attended because in an interview it was stated she knew many of the students there because she attended their the year before. Whether that was correct or incorrect it does not matter. An as Amy stated, maybe it was a kiss on the cheek. All you ignorant people out there who are judging as if you are all Saints should be ashamed of yourselves. Who the Hell are you to judge and call this woman the terrible name you have called her. If she is considered a pedophile why is she still home with her husband and child. Jesus Christ, this is just a Damn shame. I will bet each and every one of you who is bashing this woman has a skeleton in your closets, yet you all have the audacity to ridicule and condemn someone else. Again, she passed the lie detector test, LEAVE HER AND HER FAMILY ALONE.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 8:06 pm
    • you are only defending her because of the way she looks lets be honest!

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 12:24 pm
  • Take your son and run!

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 6:01 pm
  • And the show doesn’t pay people to go on there smh

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 5:51 pm
  • Lol but she took a lie detector test, I would rather believe that over this phony article

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 5:50 pm
    • You are so gullible you would believe anything,

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 8:11 pm
    • @that guy and you sir are one of many that belongs on the list for population control

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 12:22 pm
  • This happens all too often these days. I just feel like younger adults should be working in the elementary schools, not in HS where theres only a few years age difference. My daughter’s 19th grade math teacher was sooo young i thought she was a student or student teacher even! Introduced herself at back to school night by her first name only wearing leggings & a tshirt! We found out next day she WAS the teacher! Only 23 and allowed the kids to call her by her first name too. I just think thats wrong! We have kids graduating at 20 sometimes and 23 yr old teachers teaching them. Its no wonder!

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 5:42 pm
  • Tom, no way, no how do you owe her an apology. She should thank you for giving her 15 minutes of fame. She should have been arrested. As for me, I don’t think I would want her husband “protecting and serving” me although he would fit right in with the sherriffs office. There, I said it, bring on all the crap from you lovers of the sherrifs office. Im not a cop hater but a lover of Justice and you won’t find it in Hernando County.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 5:00 pm
  • First of all how were these statements obtained? There is no letterhead, the child was a minor and that all of hernando Co now sees this shouldnt even be happening. No charges were filed, she resigned and point blank she passed her lie detector. Now if she failed everyone would be swearing its 100% that she did it but since she passed everyone still calls her a sex offender, slut, child molester and worse. Ever think about her family and what gossip and nosey people are doing to them???? I believe her. If she did kiss him, whos to say it wasnt on the cheek? It doesnt specify and for that I believe her. Now bring the hate replies on…….LOL

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 4:51 pm
  • I love how the people defending her have no real knowledge either. Just to be clear she did not graduate from WWHS. She graduated from Nature Coast. So that excuse of her being a previous student there is bull. No one is without sin, but she went on tv and lied knowing damn well she carried on with the student even though she was married. She should have not gone through those lengths, if she is able to carry a lie that far then what else will she lie about to her husband. Eh, it’s not the end of the world, but what it says about her character is what is really alarming. That’s all

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 4:27 pm
  • Let it go folks. She didn’t have sex with a student, she hugged him. She did however fail to tell her husband that she kissed the student. If that is a crime and she is considered a pedophile than most of us who have children are also pedophiles. If you kiss your child goodnight does that make you a pedophile? I am not saying she was not wrong for what she did but I think she is being over judged by the public. She made a mistake, let her and her husband be. We are all not Angels. I cannot think of one person on here who has not done something stupid back in their younger days that today would probably be considered a no, no. Cmon folks, before you all throw stones, look in your own backyards. There are limits to what should be labeled as such in this article. Just take a look at other articles Tom writes here on RNRF, they are way worse than a lunchroom employee kissing a student. Oh and by the way, she knew a lot of these students since she attended that school herself just the year before. SMH.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 4:15 pm
  • DON’T FORM AN OPINION UNTIL YOU KNOW THE TRUTH , I KNOW HAVE BEEN IN THIS SYSTEM A LONG TIME AGO AND GOT SCREWED TOO . PEOPLE WHO DO LIE AND SUDDENLY FORGET WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN . AFRAID OF THEIR JOB NOT ALWAYS AT THE BOTTOM EITHER. KAEMA WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND . I FEEL SORRY FOR THIS YOUNG LADY.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 3:44 pm
  • Just to let everyone know they are not far in age from each other. It’s not like shes 30. He’s 17 almost 18 and she is like 20. Not to say it was right though.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 3:22 pm
    • Your point? She’s MARRIED with a CHILD. People need a little more self respect when it comes to their significant other.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 3:44 pm
  • Hang on Tom, this trashy lying piece of crap deserves what she got except they forgot jail time. It’s time the lying stops by teachers latching onto kids and riding it for fun

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 3:11 pm
  • Ha!!! To answer the poster above, usually these talk shows pay for you to come to them, so she got a free trip and hotel stay out of it. Everyone knew she was lying! Her husband is dumb and blind. There are ways to get around a polygraph. There it is Chris! In her own writing, she kissed him, not just hugged like she claimed on tv. Coming across all “I’m friendly I hug all the kids!” That is a lie, I’m very close to the situation and can tell you I never saw her hug anyone. I can’t believe this story won’t go away. Smh, get a divorce bro, get custody or partial custody of your kid. She’s making you look like a clown!

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 2:51 pm
  • The show would have paid for expenses to get there and return….

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 2:33 pm
  • Sorry suppose to say
    Good job tom no apology needed.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 2:33 pm
  • This is hilarious. Lies always come out in the wash…smdh.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 2:31 pm
  • Those types of shows usually pay for people to travel and be one it

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 2:13 pm
  • guess the signed statements and video evidence were not enough for reality.. a polygraph isnt even admissible in court and they focused on sex and nothing else. You can pop a xanax, a valiuum or some some nyquil..50 different things you can take and pass bc you get more relaxed and calm. honestly if she kissed some one around her own age no big deal it wasnt professional and disrespectful to her man but it is what it is. any one with half a brain can see through the horse and pony show..

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 2:08 pm
  • Guilty!! She is a sneak, liar and publicity hound. How did they get the money to travel to the Steve Wilcos show? And why would you? A lunchroom person does not make that much money and her husband is wanting to be in law enforcement. Ha what a joke. She is right when she says you can’t believe everything you see or hear. Well I don’t believe her. She is looking for attention. Her and her husband need to go back to where they came from and quit the charade. One more question, why the two names? I smell a law suit brewing for them to make a quick buck. What a shame.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 1:58 pm