Four Charged in Connection with Strong-Arm Robbery

SPRING HILL – Last night, RNRF broke the news of a Robbery attempt in the parking lot of Suncoast Credit Union on Mariner Blvd (CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL REPORT). A full report has not been released by officials at this time; however, they have confirmed that at least four suspects have been charged in connection with the robbery.

According to officials, Christopher Robin Hibbert, 28, Derek Lee Obrien, 25, Brandy Rose Faulkner, 27, and Corey Michael Rodriguez, 23 are charged with Robbery without a Firearm and held on $10,000 bond each.

RNRF was on the scene last night when deputies captured Hibbert running behind a nearby shopping plaza. Hibbert sustained minor injuries from K-9 dog bites and was transported locally for treatment.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Hibbert dog 5 dog 4 dog 3 dog 2 dog 1 dog 3

Comments
  • Let me put it this way i did not rob that guy i was in a vI was in the vehicle when did when they want to do therefore I got a lawyer and I’m fighting it because I did not have nothing to do with the Robert I just asked for a freaking ride home and I’m not on drugs or get it right I have not been cleaned unclean new free Christian and yes I do believe in God I pray to him every day and the people that know me know I’m a good dude and kind-hearted person if you look at my back as you can see I never even to think about this kind of stuff thank you Amen

Wednesday, 23 December 2015, 11:08 am
  • Brandy’s Mother is a good Christian woman and Brandy comes from a good family with good morals and ethics. I don’t know what happened to Brandy. She craved attention, I guess. She got involved with the wrong guy and he dragged her down. Her life was good until him. We all told her but she kept going back. I bet she will listen to her mother now.

Friday, 18 December 2015, 12:28 pm
  • LOL….good one

Wednesday, 16 December 2015, 12:23 pm
  • Well said Jane doe!!

Tuesday, 15 December 2015, 8:07 pm
  • Four clowns…they must be part of the spring hill talkers gang….yoe..dis iz a robry….giv us da monee…efn IDIOTS…

Tuesday, 15 December 2015, 12:10 pm
  • Didnt have thier werewolf shots up to date…

Monday, 14 December 2015, 11:57 pm
  • @Jennifer says…I feel your pain. I have been there with numerous people our foundation has tried to help. Some people just dont get that it is an addiction, that most addicts would quit if they could. I have also seen it from the best of families, doctors, lawyers, etc. But addiction is no respector of persons. I am appalled at the people in society who just dont get it.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 9:13 pm
  • @food for thought I’m guessing from your post on this article and others on this site, you have “hoof in mouth” disease.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 2:01 pm
  • Amy wonder, your hateful words are spoken out of ignorance and fear.
    You obviously need to educate yourself regarding the disease of addiction.
    I can’t help but wonder do you have children? Have you or a family member ever been affected by chemical or alcohol dependency?
    23 million Americans are affected by addiction. This is a terrible terrible thing for a mother to watch.
    Chances are, unless you live like an ostrich with your head in the sand, you DO know someone with this disease.
    Educate yourself, you small minded person. This in no way reflects on a mothers ability to parent her child!
    Remember, but for the Grace of God, its not you.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 8:44 am
  • I am appalled at the ignorance in some of these comments! First let me say that I do agree that these four individuals should be prosecuted for the crimes that they committed. What I have a problem with is those that say that this is due to bad parenting or anything other than what it really is. Addiction is a disease and these things are but symtoms of said disease. Does addiction give them a pass to rob, steal, murder, or whatever? HELL NO! However, these people need treatment for their disease or when released they will go back to a life of drugs and crime. It doesn’t matter if you are rich or poor, what race or religion you are, where you reside, whether your mom and dad raised you together, you came from a broken home, or you were raised with the very best morals and values! Addiction does NOT discriminate. Unfortunately recovery does to some extent. Why is that you ask? Well because rehabs and treatment centers are not readily available to anyone who doesn’t have tens of thousands of dollars to pay or an insurance policy that will pay or even help pay for treatment. Treatment within the jail and prison systems are lacking. The stigma and shame associated with addiction is one of the things that keep an addict sick. Even when ready to get help it isn’t always available to anyone seeking it. Many times the addict will die before they can get the treatment they desperately need.
    These four people commited crimes and yes they should have consequences. They are also someone’s adult child and I can pretty much guarentee that their parents never dreamed of them ending up with addiction and committing crimes. I’m sure they had much different dreams for their children. I’m certainly glad that those of you that are so ignorantly commenting have never been close to someone suffering with addiction and I pray you never are affected. If and or when someone you love is affected by addiction, I hope that you will then educate yourself and learn how to be compassionate and help them to find recovery rather than shaming and labeling them as no good or not worthy! You should probably educate yourself now!

Monday, 14 December 2015, 8:27 am
    • Everything a person does wrong is a disease these days.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 1:22 pm
    • I did not understand how addiction was a disease until I watched a highly educated and gifted man I know and love, who came from happily married parents suffer and eventually die from it. I witnessed him on his hands and knees begging God to remove it from him. I sat with him and made endless phone calls to try and find help, re-hab facilities ask what insurance you have, which when you are an addict is funny, when the disease is that far gone, there is no job to support insurance. I have attended NA and AA meetings, We joined church, and became very involved. It is sad, but unless you are Lindsey Lohan, and can afford to go to “Passages of Malibu” over and over again, the help is not so easy. I have accompanied him to hospitals, where he was prejudged, even by highly educated physicians, for his condition. And yes……he did feel the shame and guilt, and hate what it made him. Like a diabetic who eats a cookie….when they know they shouldn’t…..what is just one little cookie….breaks my heart. I am not saying this is all the case for these four, I do not know them or their story…..but people need to stop saying what scum addicts are. They are your mothers, brothers, sisters, fathers. They are every where, not just here in Spring Hill. Social media just puts it all out there. Like war, it is shown to us as a form of entertainment now. It is an epidemic, I am not even close to knowing as to how to solve it, but a ounce of empathy towards the people and the families who suffer through it maybe a start.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 7:07 pm
  • Time for everyones meds well i mean Amy I think she escaped.. This isint a drug debate what if they wanted donuts or TV lol…Amy your on a losing end of a short stick

Monday, 14 December 2015, 7:30 am
  • I have no sympathy for the drug users. You know you were picking up a snake and it bit you. NO ONE forced you to do drugs, you make a choice, and it was a bad one.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 7:23 am
  • The girl looks like shes already on lithium or some institutional control drug. Get the help you need, get jobs like everyone else and stop preying on hard working people.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 4:34 am
  • Oh and I am a single mom with 2 boys 18 and 24. Who do not do drugs and are strongly against them because I taught them right and set an example by not doing them myself. Please note you can also be to strict as a parent and send your kids down a bad path. There is a balance. Talk to your kids and lead by example. Parents who do drugs should not have kids in their home as well. If you know a child in this type of home call DCF and do the kid a favor. The parents will have to clean up their act. As a community the good people with morals need to pull together.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 11:20 pm
  • Lwatson Tony states usually in his sentence. Which is true. I agree to many parents working all the time and not monitoring their kids. The majority of kids I know that have problems are not being supervised correctly and or taught correctly. Just because your a christian does not make one a perfect parent. These kids I gaurentee are hurting from something deep down and their doing drugs to ease the pain. Doesnt make it right. They need counseling, rehab and a long tough jail sentence. Their parents need to pray for them.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 11:13 pm
  • WOW Amy Wonder, just WOW ,

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 8:59 pm
  • Joe O’Brien… You guys and so called woman, have you ever been addicted to hard drugs and had to go through the pressure of finding the next high or means to get more drugs. It slant drop at the evil suit going on in tour mind and the influence of your peers literally helping you scheme and shit. It literally spirals out of control. This most likely was a last resort to get high or find a way to hustle to get more crap. Its not the parents or anyone else’s fault at that. Its a continuing disease called addiction. I’M recently clean as of September 20 and am proud to have found my way out and realize a person, or addict that is grown has to find their on way out of their progressive illnessses. Derek O’Brien is my youngest brother, I don’t like what he might’ve done, but I accept him for who he is and not what he’s become do to drugs. Hope the best but expect the worse. Love you little bro, and to the families involved, my heart foes out to you also. Sinercly, Joseph OBrien

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 7:53 pm
  • Well all these fine Christian Parents may have been too busy with the cult in which they belong to pay attention to the needs of the family…Behaviors are learned. The poor parents that never did frogs probably never sat down for dinner with these children. I bet these misunderstood children were born out of wedlock…I bet they turned to drugs to get attention..

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 6:46 pm
  • o”brien and Rodriguez have both been in state prison for burglary.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 5:15 pm
  • First of all, If ANY of them have been arrested before. Help was available to them while they were incarcerated and especially after they got out. They CHOSE not to take advantage of it.
    Dealing and stealing, they think is a better way of life. They don’t want to change. until they do , or are taken off the streets long enough for all the people they deal with are either in jail or DEAD they are not going to change. Until they want it more than the addiction.
    NO blame should go to the parents. No parent, addicted to any substance, wants their children to follow in their footsteps. I have been on both sides of that coin.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 4:23 pm
  • I bet “JELLY ROLL” trying to run was a sight to see! The answer to all of this is LEGAL CONCEALED CARRY.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 2:31 pm
    • I agree with you 100%, in regards to concealed carry. I’ll bet Jelly Roll flipped on his thug friends.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 1:31 am
  • Tony, not only do I wish you would get educated and do the research but I pray you never have to live the hell an addicts parents does. I posted your response on a private group of over 20k parents of addicts. The rage, the tears, the responses of how ignorant you are blowing up the group. Dr.s, lawyers, teachers, ministers, good good people with addiction in their lives are going thru hell. Please please educate yourself.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 2:01 pm
  • Please dont judge the parents of these kids.please research before commenting.
    An addict doesn’t wake up in the morning and wish to be an addict.
    The patents of these children suffer greatly.
    Once a chemical is repeatedly introduced into the bloodstream, an addicts ability to make sound, cognitive decisions is affected.
    Do not blame the suffering patent for the childs behavior.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 2:00 pm
  • Why is this stuff going in Hernando County every day, Crime is now out of control, I now never go anywhere without the ability to defend myself if the need ever arises, Sad but now true.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 1:23 pm
  • lots of meat on those bones

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 12:49 pm
  • I personally know the mother of the young woman and she is a fine christian woman, she never raised her daughter to behave like this and is appalled at what has happened. please get your facts straight before making judgments about parents who have kids underage or adult children who choose to make bad decisions. some kids just just make dad decisions. and where are the fathers? why are we only blaming mothers. we should be praying for the man who got beat up and let the justice system run its course.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 12:42 pm
  • To proud veteran, thank you for your service. But I need to ask what research, what proof, what data you have. That may have been slightly true in the nineties, but today as the heroin epdemic spreads, I highly doubt all addicts have been raised in that environment. People do not understand that this is a chronic relapsing brain disease. It changes the brain structure addiction. It is not a moral flaw or a weakness or caused by lack of willpower. once addiction settles in free will goes out the window and unfortunately it causes the attic to lose all sense of integrity and to be cruel and manipulative. These behaviors are why people don’t want to equate it with other diseases it stops people from feeling compassion for the addict, and of course for good reason when crime is committed. It is so sad because underneath they do feel the shame, Guiltl and hate who they have become but the drug rules. I’m sure these four people are doing what they are doing due to their addiction and unfortunately incarceration may help for a while to get them off the streets but without rehab and services it will just repeat itself. Again my heart goes out to their moms. They did not raise these people. guaranteed.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 12:11 pm
  • good job leo and the k9 offices thank you

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 12:09 pm
  • I love it ,one of our own taking a bite out of crime.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 11:33 am
    • hope the dog’s had his shots!

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 12:23 pm
  • Im with Will im ready

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 11:08 am
  • Ok I know this Rodriguez kid.. He’s prowled my neighborhood for years and been arrested countless times between the areas of 50 and mariner and northcliffe and mariner. If you see this guy on your street call the cops immediately. He broke into a house on our street in the middle of the noght with other.degenerates and has a huge drug problem. His own mother won’t let him stay with her BC he’s stolen from her so many times. What a bunch of wastes we have here. Send them to do some hard labor and maybe that black guy can lose those bitch tits. They look like meatloaf’s from the movie fight club.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 10:15 am
  • Lisa your remark about mothers do not raise their children to be drug addicts is completely false. There are many parents who are addicts and raise children. Children grow up learning what they see. Not all, but there are many. If they grow up living in that environment they will follow those footsteps. Most drug related parents will most surely have offspring that will follow the same lifestyle. These 4 are simply thugs and most likely drug related addicts and or dealers looking for money the easy way out. Unfortunately most of them probably have records and cannot get jobs. This is a nationwide problem.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 10:09 am
  • Corey is my cousin and is so stupid and a ***** idiot

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 9:55 am
  • $10 the dog gets accused of racism.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 7:11 am
    • ur awesome ray !!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 12:48 pm
    • I hear that Sharpten & Jessy are on their way to protest that mean police dog bite.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 1:26 pm
  • Dear Judge: let this scum rot in jail, they have no place in a peaceful society. Four T**DS off the street…

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 5:29 am
  • “Mom’s should be proud?” Who ever said that is an idiot. These are Grown adults with addiction. A mother does not raise her children to become drug addicts. An addicted child is a parents worse nitemare.

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 10:59 pm
    • The mother is probably also in jail because the apple generally never falls far from the tree. Good kids from good stable homes with both a mother and father usually grow up to be good adults s well.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 1:19 pm
      • I am happy that you have the luxury of being sheltered from a great deal of reality. Although there is no doubt that bad homes have a high likelihood of producing bad kids, There is also no doubt that addiction and the crime that comes along with it also affect “stable homes with both a mother and a father.” I have had the misfortune of knowing many of these parents and children. Parents who are not “proud” of the difficulties their children face and produce. Parents who grieve endlessly and spend countless hours and dollars trying to find solutions for their children and families. Parents who knew nothing of this type of life, nor how to respond to it, until their children introduced them. Parents who’s greatest wish is that the apple fell close to the tree instead of out on this new and chaotic path. Parents who, after exhausting all current potential helps, have discovered that there is nothing left to do but pray that their child survives the violence of their present state and recovers enough to come back into society and their family. Parents who know full well that their child is more likely to die than live, each day. Parents who have laid their child in the grave. Again, I am happy that you know nothing of this type of grief. But I do wish you could recognize that your ill-informed words are a poor substitute for wisdom and better left unsaid.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 2:21 pm
        • Thank You!!!

Monday, 14 December 2015, 6:32 pm
  • Christopher Robin lol

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 10:43 pm
  • Diverse bunch of Coke heads. To bad they did not utilize their many talents looking for a job.

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 10:02 pm
  • let someone try this crap with me anywhere out here and they will have another thing coming.

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 10:01 pm
  • 4 more scumbags off the streets.

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 9:41 pm
  • Corey’s an idiot…

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 9:09 pm
  • so beautiful the mothers should be proud..

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 9:07 pm
  • Rodriguez looks happy to be booked into jail with the big smile!

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 8:38 pm
    • Sure because he’s probable been before, Jail should teach criminals a HARD Lesson so that don’t ever want to return instead of a short vacation to reconnect with their old pals.

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 1:14 pm
      • free medical free food free place to rest free arena to connect with other criminals etc etc.. better in there than on the out for them.

Monday, 14 December 2015, 1:08 pm
  • Hope the dog that bit him is OK. Great job again HCSO. Our LEOs are the best!

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 8:33 pm
    • Poor dog will probably now die from food poisoning

Sunday, 13 December 2015, 1:08 pm
  • So much for his accomplices being two white guys, 1 white guy, 1 white chick and 1 hispanic. No racial divide on crimes.

Saturday, 12 December 2015, 8:11 pm