; ;

Fourth Toddler Drowns in Just One Month, Three in Residential Pools

HUDSON – For the fourth time is just one month, four toddlers under the age of 2 have died from drowning incidents at or near their homes.

Around noon today, Fire Rescue responded to 9022 Irondale Lane, after receiving reports that a 2-year-old child was found unresponsive in a pool.

The Child was transported to a local trauma center for treatment, but despite life-saving measures the child passed away.

The investigation is ongoing, but officials say it appears to be just a tragic accident.

On March 11th a 2-year-old little girl died after she was found floating in a lake on Willow Drive in Port Richey. CLICK FOR FULL STORY On March 29tha toddler drowned in a swimming pool at a residence on Falmouth Court. CLICK FOR FULL STORY And then again on March 31st a toddler died after falling into a pool on Springland Drive in Holiday. CLICK FOR FULL STORY

Pasco officials posted the following on their Facebook Page today:

It may not be summer yet, but as the temperatures start to warm up here in Florida we want to remind everyone of some important water safety tips!

-Stay close, be alert and watch children when they are in or around the pool.

-Learn how to swim and teach your children how to swim.

-Learn to perform CPR on children and adults, and update those skills regularly.

-Have appropriate equipment for your pool or spa.

To learn more water safety tips visit the National Water Safety Month at http://ow.ly/sngF30jroku.

Comments
  • I don’t swim in public pools anymore but when I did I was constantly pulling kids out of the water when they were drowning and NOT 1 parent was there watching their children, and 1 kid (about 5 yrs old) ran and got his mother and told her I hurt him and out comes the mother (I’m now rolling my eyes) screaming at me to quit hitting her child I called her a crack head and within 5 minutes out comes 10 ppl waiting for me to leave and I had a 10 month old and a 7 yr old kid with me. Where was the mother and other drug dealers 30 minutes before when I pulled the child out and made sure he was ok.

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 12:49 pm
  • Probably a bunch of potheads !

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 9:39 am
    • I can’t vouch for everyone involved in these incidents, however the incident that happened on March 11th happens to be a family I know and have known for years. The father was in the Army for years and served in Afghanistan and is now a member of the Guard and the mother is a a loving stay at home mom. They are not potheads and do not do drugs. It is a horrible thing that happened to the family, all of these families, and on top of it they have to read nasty comments from judgemental people like you.

Sunday, 15 April 2018, 9:39 am
  • Another example of parents not paying attention.

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 6:46 am
  • Four families who must endure the loss of their babies. It’s just unimaginable. I’m so sorry for your loss and the pain you all must feel. Rest In Paradise sweet angel babies 😥

Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 9:55 pm
  • Why aren’t there safety fences around the pools

Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 6:54 pm
  • So very sad and preventable Also Babies should be taught to swim as babies plenty of classes for that around prayers to the families out there

Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 6:50 pm
  • REALLY, WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE, It’s not even summer yet, so tragic feel so sorry, buy a darn pool fence and don’t let your kids out of your site, they are like rabbits, they move so fast

Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 6:48 pm
    • I totally agree with you!!

Friday, 13 April 2018, 7:12 pm
  • We don’t need it to near summer or to be summer for parents to pay attention to their children. We live in Florida . There are pools ,spas and water everywhere all year round. Wake up and pay attention. Little lives are precious and deserve to live.

Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 6:31 pm