Gas Line Crash Intentional Say Officials – Familiar Suspect Behind Bars

BROOKSVILLE – Earlier today, RNRF broke the news of a gas leak in front of the county jail, where a vehicle crashed into a TECO natural gas line, causing it to fracture. ORIGINAL REPORT: GAS LEAK

According to reports, while authorities were attempting to shut off the supply to the gas line, a suspicious device was located inside the vehicle. Officials requested the Citrus County Bomb Squad to respond and the device was cleared. FOLLOW UP REPORT: BOMB SQUAD

The driver of the vehicle, 31-year-old Michael Lee Roberts was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and then taken the Sheriff’s Office for questioning.

You may remember Roberts from a recent incident at the County Jail, where he intentionally drove a car recklessly through the front lawn and then crashed into one of the flagpoles. ORIGINAL REPORT: FLAGPOLE… CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

On Friday, RNRF responded to reports of a drive by shooting in the area of MLK Blvd, where a woman says she saw Roberts firing shots near her residence. Brooksville Police searched the area but Roberts was nowhere to be found.

Today, officials charged Roberts with Discharging a Firearm from a Vehicle and he was booked into the Hernando County Jail.

In addition to the weapons offense, Roberts is charged with 3 counts of Corruption by threat against public servant and 2 counts of Criminal Mischief by Damaging Public Equipment.

Roberts already faces charges of Criminal Mischief and Resisting Arrest from the incident on July 27th

Roberts remains behind bars – held without bond.

roberts

Bomb Squad bomb1 gas4 gas3 gas2 gas1 gas2 Car Pole 2 Car pole 1

Comments
  • That make as much sense as what’s going on in Baltimore…but there’s other way to prove a point and fight for what’s right… srry but things like that is only to me is proving what some really are, and trust me i love to fight for right. Done more then once and will till u can’t no more

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:16 pm
  • comncencts would tell you he was mad if the police tok 4000 of youre money just because you came out of a drug area didnt find any drugs just money you would be pissed to the police do what they wont herer

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 8:31 pm
  • There was post recently about someone had a song stuck in their head and was wondering what song it was…does anyone remember the song or the post

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 1:23 pm
  • It’s all good Peter. And yes its sad because if the truth hurts fix it, i just did it with out thinking nor was not to worried about anyone’s feelings. I was thinking lastnight and have come to an conclusion that we the people are no afraid to stand up, but are afraid of what will happen to them we they do. And i mean like when someone is invading your home with the intent do what ever they have in mind and you protect yourself and home and you bring harm to the invaders, im afraid your going to jail and will lose your home and anything you have worked hard for, because you are wrong for protecting your family, home, even yourself whadup with that, but lets see im wrong for voicing my opinion on anything is what im being told

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 12:45 pm
  • They need to charge this hood rat with a terrorist act now. Thats twice and it fits the charge!

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 7:31 am
  • Well then Peter B
    Ask yourself and your friends to read ALL the post from previous stories and see who deserves what. And if you are talking about me please refer to CVS:breaking report. YOU were not put in charge nor do you own this site. Yes it seems one phrase can turn ugly in a second. Some People are more apt to find mistakes than good in people .where they were born or their grammar leave it alone . And quit blaming Tom over and over again he reports we comment.
    Please invite your friends to the debate and be safe but please lets move on have a good day

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 6:51 am
  • Don’t be a hater.

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 10:59 pm
  • Tom Lemons, you probably cannot wait to post a story just to see what everyone has to say. Just goes to show how everyone has their own opinions about everything you post. However, I wish the bashing and degrading remarks would stop. We all have the right to voice our opinions but when people start to bash others on here it becomes unnecessarily personal. We should all just read, post opinions and enjoy reading them as sometimes they can be ridiculously funny

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 10:09 pm
  • Orsen, no problem. Thanks for the clarification. It seems as though only a handful on here are not afraid to tell it like it is.

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 10:02 pm
  • What was this news story about?

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 4:18 pm
  • No peter it wasn’t sorry if you took it that way and thanks

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 12:06 pm
  • i APOLOGIZE to 507 and a few others including Tom you are doing a great job on the news for OUR county . yes i was wrong and fell into the dark side tactics .i hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 10:27 am
  • Yes it s sad…i love my children and wiuld die for them…i stand up for them when their right and get on them when their wrong…my son got in trouble at the beginning of the year and will i back him only if he’s doing right and at this time he’s do what he should be doing which is staying trouble and even graduated after it all..like i said attack me if you have a problem with me and leave it with me…and still want to thank the person hiding behind the mask for giving me a reason to search my home and being honest with my son…i forgive them for any attack towards my son due to my opinion

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 9:55 am
  • No the reason i left chiefland is because my childrens mother and her new boyfriend before we even split up…keep accusing me for doing things i did not do and i left for the sake of my children mom and new boyfriend running drunk and controlling criminal mischief and had me arrested for hitting her and i never hit her the 20 years together and also proved it in a court of law the law was even seen the truth… law officials stood up for me in a court of law and the truth always prevail…and even after 5 years i still have that haunting me…so personally i do know where everyone is coming from even the dark side, been there done that and only try to get people to stand up for and say thats not right man…so dont think ive not been on either side of the fence and will always stand for what right even if it cost me in the long run…i will even tell anyone what ive done and what i haven’t done and i have no problems admitting my rights and my wrongs so to answer you question im sr and if you have any more just ask and I’ll probably tell you because my skeleton are gone i have nothing to hide from who what nor where…oh and if you want to know the judge in my x and myself didn’t even make me pay child support but i did it any and spent every other weekend and holidays even when i was accused of kidnapped and anything else they tried to do just to ruin me out of fun and stupidity…so believe me i know where everyone is coming from…so please ask and ill tell

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 9:40 am
  • Omg! You guys need to get your own website for kindergarteners! Wow this is s news site not about you two and your own personal laundry! We DONT CARE! Get the **** off of here Dang!

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 9:28 am
  • **I love this site. I check it everyday and also read the comments on every article.To me the comments are comparable to a bonus story because most of them have absolutely nothing to do with the article. Its like when u are watching an episode of Jerry Springer and during the very short commercial break a quick excerpt of the upcoming news comes on. It should be the other way around. That is what you guys are diminishing these articles to be. It would be so nice to scroll through the comments and actually get to read a nice educated debate that relates to the article. For example: Mr. Roberts could be someone who has a mental illness and these acts are a cry for help. What are some ideas for ways to change the system so he could get the help he needs while also getting a fair punishment for his actions. His actions are escalating and becoming more dangerous so just imagine what he could be capable of if he gets a 3rd go around! There has to be some kind of change that could be done to the system that could provide people with mental issues the help they need. In the long run it could save tax payers $ and even lives. Then my 2nd opinion is that there is nothing wrong with Mr. Roberts. We are only getting one side of the story since he is not willing to talk. We should not be so quick to judge someone who we do not know. I know I hate when people judge me when they have no clue about who I am. So the real question is.. What was done to him to make him want to do these attacks on the county jail 2xs in just 2months?? For those of us who have lived here for a long time all know how corrupt Hernando County is..especially their law enforcement. If that’s the case we could be looking at a much bigger story that could erupt into one juicy scandal!!!

** The last comments I want to make is towards the people who are commenting about someones son selling drugs and telling people to be big boys or adults for that matter. You guys obviously know exactly who each other so take your own advice and handle the dispute the way a big boy would. Like having an adult conversation and discuss that garbage in person since you already know how to contact one another. No matter what someone has said in their comments to upset you how dare you put their child on blast on a website for all to see!!!!!! Specially one that law enforcement monitors. That was such a low blow. Now I’m not saying the shit he says is right. I myself find them to be very pathetic and immature 95% of the time but what can u do about that… NOTHING. He has a right to say what he feels just like the rest of us do. But when u got something personal like that to say actually say it to him.

** We all like the great job Tom Lemons does for us and it would be nice to reward his site with some intellectual debates, thoughts and brainstorming. Instead of desecrating all of his hard work by turning it into a Jerry Springer episode. Also I cant stand it when people actually take the time to comment about something being misspelled in his articles. Like REALLYYYY!!!!

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 8:28 am
  • And Tom
    How come a small threat gets deleted but his profanity toward my 1 yo grand daughter gets published

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 7:33 am
  • Hey Orson
    Do you go by Jr. or Sr. And Just a quick question Were you the one causing trouble with people in chiefland and that’s how your scum ended up here
    And like scootrpy said how your kids act is how they were raised ( not her words exactly)
    And quit blaming us for you being robbed probably your own kid
    FYI people this guy has bred something you agree with him you are just as low

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 7:31 am
  • So Orson
    You are sick scum bag
    You are the one producing the scum in our streets
    Or do you go by Jr.
    I see where your second address is
    HCSO
    LMFAO now

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 5:59 am
  • Hate im ok with that, that means those people wont be bothering me and will go away also..i really dont mind it makes it easier on me not to have little wanna be coming around trashing people’s homes and trashing the neighborhood…and i dont have much of an opinion on them anyway so cry a different tune for me because little boy blue means notta…thank you again friend

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 1:28 am
  • Take me down I’ve not seen anyone and im not going anywhere so if you have a problem with me come see me you know where…i have better things to then be worried about then a couple little wanta be…i will always speak my mind…like i said if they know so much of whadup they are doin the same or worse…like i said got a problem with me leave with me you see me you know me show me…but still thank you and like i said it gave me a reason and gave me a reason to run more of your kind away from my home…bless you for given me a reason and a point to opinion and voice it even louder thank you i feel blessed speak up i would do it for your children i do it daily I’ve even had other parents thank me for giving their children grief because some are afraid to speak up…and ill say it again thank you

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 1:15 am
  • Its obvious this man needs some professional help. Keep in mind all the people whos businesses were affected at the Airport Market and other businesses in the area due to this mans actions. Tired of misguided people thinking its ok to disrupt another citizens day without any consequences. Playing games with the public safety and peoples livelyhood is no laughing matter. Its hard enough out in the real world. And yes please if anyone from the court system reads this keep him til hes deemed safe for the community so innocent people aren’t hurt.

Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 12:04 am
  • Hey Tom,
    You do a great service to the people of HC. Why do you let all these cry babies bitch on here every night?

Monday, 10 August 2015, 9:51 pm
  • Elsie you are musty lol

Monday, 10 August 2015, 9:28 pm
  • Huh

Monday, 10 August 2015, 9:27 pm
  • Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I’m not sure about the universe.
    – Albert Einstein

Monday, 10 August 2015, 9:21 pm
  • So im thinking that your one of the trashy ones…that dont care about othes property and could careless of the damages to ones home by help him sell and trash others home isn’t that calling the kettle black…wow for someone who knows so much is as guilty as my son if thats really going on…so please stop helping him being a loser as yourself…thanks for your help…

Monday, 10 August 2015, 8:40 pm
    • OH Newcomb, it took just a couple of kids to take you down, now go away, please, just go away

Monday, 10 August 2015, 10:50 pm
  • Lol how do you know…do you sell it to him so he can sell it for you….and if you know something be a man and come tell me what you know and ill bust it…you must be doing the same thing if you know whats going on…dont be a boy come show me and prove it to me…thats the least a boy would do…and now that i know something i will run all you little punks from my home and don’t want any of you creeps around me…are you one of the one that robbed my home or one of the one’s that eat my food and trash my home…and then you wonder why i dont like any of the little puds that live in that area and i run you off…so what you telling me is your One of the trashy people i complain about and yell at that just runs the streets doing nothing…please if you can help me please do…i won’t hold it against you and after you show me I’ll ask you to leave and stay away

Monday, 10 August 2015, 8:33 pm
  • Orson, was that remark addressed to me? If it was, just so you know I am on your side and boschamps and others who are being attacked senselessly. Please clarify.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 8:21 pm
  • *high school

Monday, 10 August 2015, 4:21 pm
  • I thought this was a place for comments on the story? Steven should take his drama to Highscool or Facebook.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 4:20 pm
  • Ya know Newcomb you need to stop worrying about all these criminals and worry about the one living under the same roof as you. You’re son passes weed and whatever drugs he can get his hands on out like candy. Plus every night you’re gone he partys like crazy gets drunk and starts trouble. Cut him off and make America a better place. I’m tired of the drug trafficking and you’re hypocrisy. You must have you’re head stuck in the sand like an ostrich. Control you’re son first, then worry about others second.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 4:02 pm
    • Your and you’re are not interchangeable.You’re (you are) making yourself look uneducated with your poor grammar. (See how those words work?)

Monday, 10 August 2015, 7:02 pm
      • Thank You!

Monday, 10 August 2015, 7:16 pm
  • Who cares what you say Newcomb you’re son sells drugs. You should beat ur little delinquent’s a** and that would help America.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 3:26 pm
  • Thats funny..sure glad your a big boy…isn’t that what your doing right now big boy, oh i fogot your better then me…ive been grown up and call it how i see it…and you can’t even spell my name properly big boy…maybe when you really have a point I’ll change my way…oh and ive been chewed up and spit out by better and im still here my friend…so keep trying…i can talk trash just like you…and by the way i stopped 2 criminal and 4 homeless people on my way to work and apologized for making their life what it is today…im glad you blame me for it all…thank you and have a glorious day holly guy…

Monday, 10 August 2015, 2:34 pm
  • I may give it a shot, Tom, if he’ll see me. I did get Shar epic documented.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 2:28 pm
  • Nicely put.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 2:26 pm
  • Elsie, I was thinking the exact same thing. STEVEN, have you ever heard of defamation of character, and slander? your childish unfounded remarks can get you in big trouble if they are not true. You are obviously a newbee on here just trying to fit in with the regulars. So heres some advice, before you say stupid remarks as you did, THINK FIRST. most of us here are regulars and we all have a certain repoir as to each others remarks. If you want to fit in you need to first fill those big boy shoes and grow up or Orson and the rest of us will chew you up and spit you out. Bottom line is be careful what you say. remark about the situation and article at hand, and not about defaming any of us in general. Welcome to the real world boy.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 1:06 pm
    • OH this is a club?, What are you?, the President of this club?, get over yourself, there are no regulars, (“this isn’t a bar, and this is my stool get up”), This is a web site reporting a news story, and letting you respond to a news story!,, get it ?, Tom writes a news story that you get a opportunity to commenting on. That’s all this is about. You all need to get a grip on how to comment on a news story, or they monitor needs to monitor this site closer

Monday, 10 August 2015, 9:34 pm
  • I do think someone should get his story. He obviously has a grievance that he feels very strongly about. I for one would like to know what it is.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 12:56 pm
  • That it does say your peace, because i already know what i am and if i was out there being what you think i am then i deserve i except it…So lets see if your opinion is any different then mine…i a holeass and sometimes i really enjoy being so at times…so do you think you can really offend me and think you could say anything I’ve probably not already heard in life…so please give it your best shoot…see i love constructive criticism, because it makes me a better person in the end…so what ever you have to say i will use it in my advantage and politically correct myself lmfao…

Monday, 10 August 2015, 12:54 pm
  • Maybe that fine UPSTANDING JUDGE WILL GIVE HIM BAIL AGAIN TO TERRORIZE THE COMMUNITY…….

Monday, 10 August 2015, 11:43 am
  • Hey Steve your comment is ridiculous….lol…don’t you have a doctors appointment today???

Monday, 10 August 2015, 11:41 am
  • That’s not like him ‼️‼️ So until u know all the story. Then zip it. All you are getting is the cops side. And these days that doesn’t say much

Monday, 10 August 2015, 11:33 am
  • I know this guy. He is goofy as a football bat. He has spent so much time incarcerated he is instatutionalized.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 11:10 am
  • Bing! Bing! Bing! IT’S RICOCHET RABBIT! Better known by his “street name” Bumper-Car Boy! Note to fellow homies: DO NOT LET THIS DUDE DRIVE YOUR GET-AWAY CAR!

Monday, 10 August 2015, 9:40 am
  • You can say that again

Monday, 10 August 2015, 8:46 am
  • Fellow hard working and caring citizens. This man might be sent to jail but our current president will pardon him along with many others as productive people who need a second chance for non violent crimes. He will be given our tax money never to be paid back to start a new life and once again make trouble here or elsewhere.

Monday, 10 August 2015, 7:19 am
  • Im sure you could…been there done that…never said i haven’t…so whats your problem boy…got a problem with freedom of speech sure hope not…you make me laugh and happy im not like you…i no longer waste my time with someone holly as yourself…i pray for people like you and your kind…

Sunday, 9 August 2015, 11:47 pm
    • Mr. Newcomb: I’m curious as to your definition of “freedom of speech” and does the same freedom extend to those who say things that you don’t like (such as comments about you).

Monday, 10 August 2015, 10:15 am
  • Get a life newcomb, you are so Mr. America it makes people sick! I bet we could find shit in your closet or maybe your panty drawer ! BIG BOY

Sunday, 9 August 2015, 11:27 pm
  • Seems to me he is looking for a way in. Someone on the inside maybe he is after. To be so outright obvious he is looking to get arrested.

Sunday, 9 August 2015, 10:46 pm
  • Really now why would you think he’s a friend of mine, your an idiot Steven…i can count on one finger on how many friends I’ve have and keep and trash like that and you are my reason why i keep it that way…with friends like you and trash like Roberts are and always be whats wrong with the United states of America, you need reality check boy

Sunday, 9 August 2015, 10:39 pm
  • Real piece crap this guy is!! He is friends with Newcomb and boschamps, they party together

Sunday, 9 August 2015, 10:19 pm
  • Needs**

Sunday, 9 August 2015, 10:09 pm
  • That man need an extended stay in a rubber room, not a jail cell

Sunday, 9 August 2015, 10:08 pm