Goodwill “Shopping Spree” Leads to Felony Arrest

SPRING HILL- On Tuesday, Nicole Parmelee decided to go shopping at the Goodwill store located at 4750 Commercial Way. During her “shopping spree,” she placed 77 items in her shopping cart within one hour. The items included 10 pairs of shoes, clothing, and miscellaneous household supply.  She then proceeded to pass all points of sale and exited the store with no intention of paying for the items. Goodwill’s Loss Prevention Officer confronted Parmelee and recovered all 77 items totalling $565.35. During an interview, she admitted to not having money and needing all of the items for her family. Parmelee was transported to Hernando County Jail and charged with felony retail theft.

Parm

Comments
  • Can’t condone stealing, yet a little compassion wouldn’t hurt in this case either. Personally, had I been the manager, I would have given her the items and erred on the side of compassion . Besides, it would have saved law enforcement time and tax payers money….now we have to house her, incur court fees, and probably take care if her children during the process. Haven’t a clue, but I wonder if she were gathering items for back to school…..it’s that time of the year and it can be overwhelming without finances.

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 6:39 am
  • boschamps……you should do stand up. You are a riot! I love your posts!

Monday, 27 July 2015, 11:35 pm
  • TIME TO TALK SPRING HILL……sheez mi frend SO wat she toock free things dat dah storr sels..she iz a good pursin whu iz a muther wit kidz…dont sa bad bout hur..u may du it yurselph wach wat u saay…..LOL…THAT SHOULD HELP MORE PEOPLE? UNDERSTAND….

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 10:51 am
  • It is amazing to see how many people feel that stealing is ok as long as the other makes more money or has more than you. what a sad society we live in. maybe she should call the crisis hotline 211 if she is truelly in need right this moment that she could not have gone to a church or somewhere to seek help.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 3:00 pm
  • Jennifer,, I agree I also have friends that have been on this site,, and judged beyond belief!!!! You don’t know this women,,, but as Jennifer stated ,,, who the hell are any of you to judge??? So way to go Jen for sticking up for a friend who has there share of problems,, who doesn’t,,?? And cut the shit about Its stealing,,, no really, but make sure your hands are clean before you point out the wrong doings of others ,,,,

Friday, 24 July 2015, 1:48 pm
  • First Baptist Church of Brooksville gives clothes away Tuesdays and Thursdays. http://Www.fbcbrooksville.org. Donate there.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:46 am
  • I have noticed that there are a lot of complainers on this site.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 9:20 pm
  • ST VINCENT DE PAUL
    (352)688-3331
    1291 KASS CIRCLE
    SPRING HILL, FL 34606

I BELIEVE THAT IS THE BEST PLACE TO DONATE. IT LOOKS LIKE THEY TRY TO DO FOR EVERYONE. THEY ALSO PROVIDE FOR LOTS OF PEOPLE THAT ARE IN NEED. THEY REALLY STAND BY THE “NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION”

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 8:15 pm
  • Stop being so harsh!!! Compassion ppl no she shouldnt steal, but her family is still in need we are in hard times out here. Putting her into jail isnt helping her financial situation seems lk when your luck runs out you fall hard and long. Lets reachout and donate items to her kids for school, ect…. Lets all stand together and show these un-compassionate jerks what kind christians can do…..

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 8:10 pm
  • Michael Miller, CEO of Goodwill, earns $856,043. Goodwill uses donations to train people for jobs who are currently unemployed. After being ridiculed by the Oregon Department of Justice for an “unreasonable” salary, Miller continues with compensation surpassing $850,000. During Miller’s time at Goodwill, he has increased revenue up to 107 percent to a record $135.5 million, while adding 1,000 jobs since 2004. The number of people served through Goodwill has increased from 11,694 to 52,170 during Miller’s leadership, perhaps proving the benefit of well-paid charity CEOs (Portland Business Journal).
    Think they could have worked something out seeing as they aren’t hurting for money if they can pay their ceo that much…. Pills or not!

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 7:02 pm
  • The Salvation Army also sends away the local donations.I have seen the truck pick up local stuff and take it away.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 1:50 pm
  • The Salvation Army doesn’t charge sales tax on their items.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 8:52 am
  • A f****** low life meth head making up a story about her family….HARLEY boots???..sell the bike bitch….that’s if you have one…

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 2:37 am
  • Hey I was banned from goodwill for suspicion of trying to steal. Never mind the fact I did not steal anything. I was still stopped by loss prevention, dragged down to the office, was forced to undress, and even though I had 0 merchandise the sheriff’s still had to make me sign a no trespassing form. The only crime I was guilty of that day was for driving on suspended. I wasn’t allowed to drive my car out of the parking lot nor step foot on the premises. I think the prices there are really not worth shopping there. Especially since everything is donated.

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 1:23 am
  • I highly doubt she needed 77 items. And damn, if you’re gonna steal like that, why goodwill? Sad part is, she could have probably asked goodwill for help. I don’t believe she deserves to go to jail. Just maybe some community service, and legit help from the county.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 11:06 pm
  • Good person or not? She stole. I have trouble providing for my family as well but I sure as don’t take what’s not mine. It’s call work and earn it. I’ve learned to make money on side jobs and I’m sure she could too. She broke the law and should go to jail.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 6:27 pm
  • Yes local
    Like St. Vincent De Paul for example. The money they make at the store helps them aid people in the community in many different ways such as; rent, electric/utility bills, housing, food, and clothing for adults and children. Not to mention the people that work at the store and help the people in need(visits/call center) are ALL volunteers!

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 6:12 pm
  • I have friends that have worked at that Goodwill.They told me the real good stuff never makes it to the floor.I have heard this from multiple people.Please consider donating to other places that really help the poor locally.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 5:26 pm
  • Oh and busdude2 I myself am an independent person who will never ask anyone for anything no matter how bad I needed it. And I damn Sure wouldn’t take from anybody or anything. She too had a hard time asking for help not only because she is independent but also people always hold that shit over your head like seriously people have problems

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 5:15 pm
  • She is actually a really good person she needs help yes but I know her personally and she has a heart of gold and is really down to earth. I know there are still no excuses for the crimes but she is going through a really tough time. I mean seriously everyone makes mistakes in there lives I’m sure all of you that are judging her have a closet full of skeletons yourself but that’s none of my business my point is before you go being a judgemental bastard make sure your hands are clean first. Otherwise your just another walking hypocritical contradiction. Rant over. Peace.✊✌

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 5:06 pm
  • People continue to say “Have compassion for thieves”. During the depression, my parents went without meat, picked up coal along side of the train tracks to heat a coal furnace and didn’t have a lot of children! There wasn’t any welfare & they weren’t out STEALING.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 5:04 pm
  • I work at that Goodwill and put her cart of items away. Most of it was Nike sneakers and Harley Davidson boots in what I assume was her size. Not quite family needed items.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 4:43 pm
  • All she had to do was ask. They do help people everyday with free items. So BS lock her butt up.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 4:34 pm
  • It would not surprise me if she gets community service at Goodwill. Or, maybe they should hire her. That would really teach her a lesson. They pay new employees minimum wage. It takes two years to get a minimal raise and they work you like a dog. They treat all their employees, except the upper administration like criminals. If she has a choice, she should take the jail time.
    You would not believe the golden parachute given to their executives. When have you ever heard about the great things Goodwill does for the community. You haven’t, because they don’t.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 4:30 pm
  • That’s EXACTLY what she was doing, Trying to put herself in others shoes!

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 4:25 pm
  • I work at that Goodwill and put her items away. Items included multiple Nike sneakers and Harley Davidson boots… She needed them for her family?

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 4:23 pm
  • Stealing is never the way but hard times cause people to do things they never would do otherwise. .God is our judge not Man and for that I’m forever thankful. .I’ve read so much hate on post lately that I had to respond to this where has compassion gone in this world. .try putting yourself in others shoes for once..what would you do if your child needing shoes or food ..stealing is never right but I wonder what would have happened if some person had saw her in need and help her ..then she might be home instead of Jail !

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 3:46 pm
  • The Hernando County Jail must be packed to the gills with all the arrests that happen around here on a daily basses.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 3:43 pm
  • its sad, a felony charges for yard sale items. 🙁

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 3:26 pm
  • What a real POS!!!..what kind of loser steals from Goodwill???…GOT PILLS??…

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 3:11 pm
    • Perhaps one who needs to take care of His or Her family, and personally this company gets its items donated to them, perhaps a little bit of compassion would have been in order, provided what she stated was in fact correct.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 3:38 pm
      • Yea that is what I was thinking also. I personally know I donate to goodwill and It is sad they charge people. I would give her the things she needed for her family. Even now, if she wants to write me from jail and tell me her address, if they are children, I would get them what they need.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 10:37 pm