Gun Store Owner Says Trust His Hometown Success Over Opponent’s Questionable Agenda

BROOKSVILLE – With the early Primary voting already underway, there are only few days left before you’ll have to make a decision on who you want to run your County’s Commission, School Board, and other government offices.

Political newcomer Steve Champion sat down with RNRF last week to tell us why voters should choose him over his Republican opponent Dave Russell and ultimately the Democrat opponent Paul Douglas, come November.

In the following video Champion explains that his hometown business success is just one key factor in why he is the better choice. He also accuses other candidates of living outside their district and accepting campaign donations from businesses in neighboring counties, something Champion says he doesn’t do.

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR THE FULL VIDEO

Previous video interview with District 1 incumbent Nick Nicholson

vote Champion Logo

Comments
  • Why is it that the candidate has to live in his district? but voters outside of it get to vote them in seems to me that the folks in that district are really not being represented.

Thursday, 25 August 2016, 7:12 am
  • Well Steve Champion, glad you cleared that up, I had already voted by mail for YOU anyway, so thanks and sorry bout your dad, no worries here now!!

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 12:01 pm
  • @Uncle Thumbs= OMG= just looked him up. This is damn scary!!! I don’t understand and guess at this point don’t want to. Thanks For the revelation.

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 10:25 am
    • That was my deceased father with the same name.. Not me.. I sell guns..I’m not a felon… Steve Champion

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 11:09 am
      • Steve, what is your position on universal background checks, and people on the “no fly” list purchasing firearms? I know this doesn’t come into play with local politics, but would enlighten us as to your character.

Is there any commissioner candidates in the race that don’t support 2nd amendment rights?

Wednesday, 24 August 2016, 10:03 pm
  • thank you tom !! seems like some folks think you are the NEW YORK TIMES ??????

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 10:05 am
  • Tom,
    How about going to the Hernando County Clerk of Courts website and doing a search of Steve Champion?
    It is an eye opening revelation.

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 6:40 am

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 11:09 am
  • I believe in Steve Champion; unfortunately this is being reported by by a media source that has to date not proven it is unbiased and willing to bring the message of all candidates. In my mind this taints and degrades the message. There are so many good candidates in races that are not being heard because the media chooses to ignore them in favor of others. Good, solid excellent candidates that are the best for the job – but handicapped by media control over who gets what message out.

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 3:10 am
  • Sadly, RNRF and Mr. Champion fail to realize or adequately communicate that in our county commissioners represent all people in Hernando County no matter where they live. The district referenced is where the commissioner is required to live. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with how we vote or who that commissioner will represent. It’s called At Large Representation.

Monday, 22 August 2016, 10:37 pm
    • And at large commissioners need to come to an end.

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 12:34 pm
  • I hope you intend to talk to all the other candidates and not just the Republicans. It’s time for a change in Hernando County.

Monday, 22 August 2016, 9:28 pm
    • Change thats not possible with a liberal mindset, thanks for pointing that out!

Monday, 22 August 2016, 11:17 pm
  • Let the mud fly. Let’s see proof!

Monday, 22 August 2016, 8:29 pm