; ;

Head-On Collision Injures One, Site of Several Prior Serious Crashes

BROOKSVILLE – At least one person is injured in a two-vehicle head-on collision at the intersection of Sunshine Grove Road and Chambord Street.

There is road blockage in the southbound lanes and eastbound from Chambord Street.

The cause of the crash is unknown at this time.

The intersection is the site of several prior serious crashes but barriers have since been put in place to prevent traffic from crossing Sunshine Grove Road.

CLICK BELOW TO SUPPORT RNRF

Comments
  • people like to blame the location like its cursed but ive driven through it thousands of times with out incident and so have many others. When my buddy had his business right there, I would wait on my car to get done and watch people drive badly like for example one of many but id watch people go right through the stop sign not even slowing down.. I know that sounds crazy blaming the crashes on bad driving/drivers but I its apparent taking responsibility for our actions is far from reality for many people. You know the they need more stop signs more traffic lights an on duty crossing guard flashing signals etc. mentality. People are so distracted and careless, they disregard safety and things like this happen.

Monday, 22 January 2018, 11:01 pm
    • I watched someone drive right through a Stop sign crossing Landover at Augustine the other day. I don’t get it . . .

Tuesday, 23 January 2018, 12:12 pm
  • Since they put up the guard rails along Sunshine Grove you can barely see southbound traffic when pulling out from Chambord on to sunshine Grove

Monday, 22 January 2018, 8:56 pm
    • I use that intersection regularly. At first it took getting used to. If you just adjust your gaze after “STOPPING” . . . it all becomes clear enough to negotiate the turn.

Tuesday, 23 January 2018, 12:15 pm
    • I agree, it’s poorly designed, just like all the parking lots around here. Who is responsible for the design? Seems like the engineers doing the planning don’t have much common sense. Why are the bars of the guard rail so close together? A cat couldn’t squeeze through it. It does interfere with visibility and affects being able to judge the speed of oncoming vehicles. How in the world does a head-on occur there? There are many terrible drivers around here of all ages.

Wednesday, 24 January 2018, 1:03 am
      • I’ve cursed the planting of shrubs blocking the view of traffic in parking lots many of times.

Wednesday, 24 January 2018, 9:06 am
  • Amazing how many accidents are there

Monday, 22 January 2018, 8:13 pm
  • Sending prayers to all involved

Monday, 22 January 2018, 6:41 pm
  • I hope everyone is ok. I don’t understand how there can still be head on collisions over there. They put up a divider.

Monday, 22 January 2018, 3:37 pm
  • Prayers go out to all involved. I was over that way yesterday and came out same intersection. Was glad to see barriers in a way but noticed some people were a bit confused/frustrated by them. I’m NOT going to make any assumptions and neither should anyone else. Give time for investigation before bashing PLEASE.

Monday, 22 January 2018, 2:58 pm
  • Cut off or block the access at that intersection and require drivers to go the traffic light. I go through that intersection daily worring someone with a small car will pull out and my truck is large and made of steel. Dumb actions may result and foolish deaths…

Monday, 22 January 2018, 2:55 pm