Head-On Collision Leaves One Dead – Cortez and McKinney

WEBSTER – At least one person is confirmed dead, after a two vehicle head-on collision occurred at the intersection of Cortez Blvd and McKinney Sink Road.

There is no word at this time on the number of injured or their conditions.

The roadway is reportedly blocked in all directions at this time.

The Florida Highway Patrol is on the scene, investigating the cause of the crash.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

UPDATE: 11/20/2015, 11:56 P.M. – According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 52-year-old Caroline Figueroa of Orange City was traveling westbound in her 2000 4-door Pontiac, when for reasons unknown she crossed over the median and into the path of eastbound traffic. 60-year-old Terry Spears of Groveland was traveling eastbound in a 2013 Dodge Pickup, when Figueroa collided head-on with Spears at the intersection of McKinney Sink Road.

Spears sustained serious injuries in the crash but his current condition is unknown at this time.

Figueroa sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene.

FATAL CRASH

Comments
  • Omg I was just told about this. I can’t believe it. My heart goes out to Carol’s children… CJ, Kyle, Eric, Christy, and Holli. Also to her mother and sister and her boyfriend and his family.
    Carol worked for me many years ago in Tennessee. She was a wonderful lady and loved by so many. No matter how hard life was for her she always seemed to smile and hold her head up high. I loved her and Im so sad that she is gone. Now she’s in heaven and she an angel looking over us. She is at peace with no more pain and suffering. Rest in peace Carol Bell you will be missed by so many. my deepest sympathy to her family and loved ones.
    Tina

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 2:29 pm
  • Thank you Rockyman. My family is in a devastating shock. We appreciate all the prayers we can get.

Tuesday, 24 November 2015, 11:37 am
  • Carols niece your welcome ma’am I know your pain, lost a family member myself in an auto accident I wish you much comfort through these hard times. I’m a long time friend of the family I knew Stephanies father when he met her mother (his wife) they told me she was married to a guy named Billy Fisher, I haven’t seen her in many many years.

Monday, 23 November 2015, 11:13 pm
  • Me my husband billy and her fiance will keep her in prayers.

Sunday, 22 November 2015, 3:12 pm
  • I’m her daughter in law to. I just married her fiances son. So it would be nice if people can keep there rude comments to there self. Thank you.

Sunday, 22 November 2015, 11:43 am
    • She was my sister. Yes she had a Boyfriend Bill. They were not married. Yes you may have loved her. But the family is going through a lot right now. Please remember we are blood and do not have time for games right now.. My mother needs prayer please.. and her children.

Sunday, 22 November 2015, 12:53 pm
  • Thank you Rockyman….. we can’t figure out who she is either. Carol had 5 children, Carl, Eric, Christy, Kyle and Holli. And a daughter in law, Jessica.

Sunday, 22 November 2015, 11:09 am
  • I knew Carol for many years I am her daughter in laws mother we lived on the same street for many yrs Carol and I share the same grandchildren I just talked to her on Wed and she had sent me pi tures of our granbabies….every time we seen each other she would have a big smile and lots of hugs. ….she is a very sweet person I could always talk to her about everything and anything ……you will be greatly missed Carol…. You hold a special place in my heart…my prayers are with you and your family….fly high with the angels…love christind

Saturday, 21 November 2015, 6:45 pm
  • Thank you we Appreciate it.

Saturday, 21 November 2015, 1:39 am
  • Prayers for the families involved god bless you all

Friday, 20 November 2015, 11:16 pm
  • Who are u

Friday, 20 November 2015, 5:08 pm
  • Sorry for the family’s loss, and the stupid comments!

Friday, 20 November 2015, 5:03 pm
  • This was my aunt Carole. Please pray for our family. My aunt Bonnie and her family have dealt with alot of heartache over the past few years.

Friday, 20 November 2015, 4:42 pm
  • No Stephanie your mom’s not dead I was just over there lastnight, Carol WAS NOT YOUR MOTHER, PRAYERS for her family.

Friday, 20 November 2015, 2:22 pm
  • Thank you Tom. This was my sister.

Friday, 20 November 2015, 11:43 am
  • Tom you don’t know me. But this fatality was my aunt. My family is devastated and in a state of shock. Please continue posting anything you have on this matter. The knock by a highway patrol woke up my grandmother at 11 pm last night….. we want any info possible! And for those praying for my family thank you! This was my grandmother’s youngest child… a pain most parents do not have to endure. During my families mourning please respect the fact we live far away from where the accident occured, we would all like to be informed. This was our first notion something may have been wrong. So Tom I thank you for the report! Unfortunately our worst thoughts became reality last night.
    God bless you all…. be safe!

Friday, 20 November 2015, 11:31 am
  • the scum do not like seeing there images on truly the only local news source we have for Hernando County. Keep up the good work Tom!

Friday, 20 November 2015, 5:34 am
  • Thats because Ridge Manor isn’t a high crime area like south Brooksville and Springhill

Friday, 20 November 2015, 4:58 am
  • Yes Tom please keep being nosy because this person was mother in law and we can’t find out any details at this time.thank you so much and thank you for all your prayers they are much needed at this time.

Friday, 20 November 2015, 3:50 am
  • Its sad cause the lady who died in the car was my mama. Her name was carol. She will be missed. :'(

Friday, 20 November 2015, 1:48 am
  • Curious George, shut up! Now that you have made a certifiable a$$ of yourself….move on please. Your village called and they are looking for their idiot. Told them you’re on your way….

Friday, 20 November 2015, 1:35 am
  • Always a heckler, Tom.
    Good job on always keeping us informed

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 9:27 pm
  • Hardly ever see any posts on Ridge Manor…..I’m surprised.

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 9:25 pm
  • Tom I like your reports. Tampa news doesn’t cover us enough. You attempt to fill the void. Thanks

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 9:08 pm
  • Prayers for the family and friends of the victim, may God give them strength in their time of need.

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 8:59 pm
  • Tom , I think you do a terrific job! Some of the moronic replies on here only reflect the ignorance of some people. You know the old adage.. CAN’T PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME !! Keep up your great job : )

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 8:57 pm
  • Always on the job. Heck, no one else cares to work it. So, thxs, for your reports!

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 8:44 pm
  • Best about You….

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 8:30 pm
  • Tom please continue to be nosey, that’s what we like best about!!!! Thank You for keeping us up to date on what is going on in Hernando Co. You do a great service!!!

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 8:29 pm
  • I look forward to your posts. Fast news.

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 8:28 pm
  • Wow. And people say I’m a jerk. I want you to be MORE nosy Tom! ?

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 8:20 pm
  • Tom I don’t understand what makes you such a target. The people such as criminals and drug addicts don’t take half the verbal abuse you do.

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 8:00 pm
  • Sending prayers! Gezz if you don’t want to say something nice about Tom don’t bother to read RNRF!

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 7:54 pm
  • Where is this at? On 50? Close to what?

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 7:54 pm
  • Why didn’t u post pics of this accident tom? Since ur so damn nosey …. Don’t wanna disrespect someone on a stretcher this time? Damn… Prayers and hope recoveries fast

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 7:13 pm
  • Prayers of strength and comfort for the family that has lost their loved one tonight

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 6:33 pm
  • That is terribly unfortunate. Hate to see anyone lose a friend or loved one during the holidays.

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 6:21 pm