Hit and Run Accident Paralyzes Teenage Girl

SPRING HILL – A 15-year-old girl is lucky to be alive, after she was struck by a car last Friday night at the intersection of Spring Hill Drive and Abby Ave.

According to the Teen’s Mother, Teresa Collins, around 9:00 pm her Daughter Chantail was crossing Spring Hill Drive with a group of friends, when a dark colored vehicle struck Chantail and left the scene.

Due to poor lighting in the area, witnesses could not provide a description of the suspect vehicle.

Chantail was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital with serious injuries, where doctors says he suffered  concussion, fractured clavicle, and nerve damage resulting in paralysis to her left side. Chantail must undergo additional testing to determine the exact cause of her paralysis, which they are hoping is a temporary condition.

If you have information leading to the whereabouts of a possible suspect, contact the Florida Highway Patrol or Hernando County Sheriff’s Office.

SLKEfd

Comments
  • Natasha Nicole johnsonsmith of spring hill arrested on 6 9 2017 for hit and run. Was this the same person that hit you? She killed peter finucane terlop Sept 2017 in a head on crash in osceola county. If this could be your hit and run please contact [email protected]

Sunday, 24 September 2017, 11:48 pm
  • She goes to my school and were friends get well soon chantail

Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 9:27 pm
  • I’m praying they catch who ever did this to my neice

Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 7:48 pm
  • I’m still in shock .I just got i off the phone with my neice Chantal wish me happy birthday n three hours later I’m getting call from my sister that my nice been hit n left for dead .I went from being happy enjoying my self to busting in tears rushing to the hospital.

Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 7:44 pm
  • I know how you guys feel. I grew up in in Springhill and I know there has been a lot of deaths on that road. Our thoughts and prayers go to the girls family and friends. I do hope they find who did this. I also hope that who did that, has a conscience and will do the right thing and turn them selves in to the police. Don’t give up… you will get justice for the accident of your daughter. Hernando County needs to step too.. Please let us all know what happens in the future with her and the person who is responsible for this…

Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 3:05 pm
  • Teresa, I agree with you 100%, I moved here 11 years ago and discovered that this is a very dangerous place for both drivers and pedestrians alike, Automobile accidents reported here on Real News Real Fast on a daily basses..

Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 12:59 pm
  • I live on spring hill drive and it is so dangerous. I can’t even get out of my drive way the cars go so fast. speed is 45 they do 55 to 70. I have been here 8 years and it has been the worst 8 years ever.Homes csn’t sell people are dead and hernando county does not care. or they would do something.

Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 9:31 am
  • Im very sad to hear this. Im thanking God that he continues to heal her. My daughter was with her at the time of this and i wouldn’t even know where to begin. Im heart goes out to her and her family . just know your daughter is in my prayers along with her family and mother. If that was my Jada i dont know except i would be beside myself . Strength comes in prayer and i believe we should all be saying a prayer for this family and Chantail. I know Gods miracles happen when we reach out to him. So take 5 minutes what can it hurt.

Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 1:30 am
  • Another irresponsible driver here in Hernando County that has no respect for the life of this this poor 15 year old girl and just left her on the road like a piece or trash, Probably another low life that been driving around with an already suspended license, How do they sleep after doing something like this. God speed this poor girls recovery.

Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 9:22 pm
  • Prayers for that poor girl and her family…..Hernando Co should put more street lights and side walks perio.

Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 9:10 pm
  • I was hit on feb.17th, hit and run and there was witness that saw them and followed them to their house and called the police.Thank you whoever you are.

Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 9:06 pm
  • Sending prayers to all of you!

Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 6:56 pm
  • It seems there have been A LOT of accidents everywhere around Brooksville & SH lately!!!

Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 6:41 pm
  • Babygirl im praying for u i wish it was me that got hit and not u i love u bbg

Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 6:28 pm
  • omg, praying for her, they still haven’t found the person who hit and run me last Monday on Deltona and Spring Hill Dr, i’m sitting at the light waiting for the light to turn green and I get hit by a minivan in the back of my car and the person takes off and then my dad was walking my nephew on Mariner and Hearth and he gets hit by a truck…same week…there are to many hit and runs, we need to do something about it 🙁

Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 5:55 pm
  • Hope they catch the perp! People should report any dark vehicle with new front end damage!

Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 5:51 pm