Judge Curtis Neal’s Bizarre Decisions Questioned by Litigant

BROOKSVILLE – You may remember Mr. and Mrs. Cichon from a story we brought to you last year regarding the couple’s extremely contentious divorce.

RNRF gained interest in the story, after Judge Curtis Neal ordered Michael out of his home, severely restricted contact with his children and ordered what seemed to be an unusually high amount of child support. Not out of the ordinary if someone is accused of domestic violence or child abuse, but that wasn’t the case with the Cichon’s; at least not with Michael Cichon.

During an interview, Mr. Cichon says he disagreed with a Psychiatrist’s recommendation to place his autistic son on medication. That decision led to Judge Neal ordering the bizarre sanctions against Mr. Cichon, which Michael says violates his right to choose what’s best for his children. Michael says his son is functional and doesn’t need medication – his wife disagrees.

One evening, Mr. Chichon met his wife at an ATM to draw out cash for a child support payment. When Michael asked his wife to sign a receipt, she became enraged and physically attacked him in the parking lot. Mrs. Cichon was arrested for domestic battery and subsequently served a few months on probation.

While Mrs. Cichon was incarcerated, Michael asked an on-call Judge to order a temporary injunction against domestic violence. The order was granted and Mr. Cichon moved back into his home and took custody of the children. Once Judge Neal heard the news, he immediately reversed the on-call Judge’s decision, throwing Michael out of his house again and giving the children back the Mrs. Cichon. In addition, the protection against domestic violence was thrown out.

An evidentiary hearing was scheduled, where witnesses from both sides were to speak on behalf of their client. Mr. Cichon, at the time, retained the services of Attorney Gina Toner, the recently divorced wife of Judge Stephen Toner. Mrs. Cichon was and still is represented by Attorney Sam Lea of the Law Firm of Jeffrey Cario.

RNRF decided to observe the hearing, to see what allegations were being made that would cause a judge to order such extreme sanctions on a parent. To our surprise, Sam Lea requested that the Media, specifically RNRF, be removed from the courtroom; thus, illegally closing the doors on a public hearing.

We caught up with Sam Lea after the hearing to ask why – VIDEO REPORT: JUDGE DENIES MEDIA COVERAGE

A second round of testimony was scheduled for the following week and once again, Judge Neal ordered RNRF out of the courtroom. We contacted one of our attorneys, Debra Tuomey, who filed a motion to intervene. A hearing was set to argue our claim that Judge Neal violated the First Amendment by banning us from the courtroom. We were never asked to leave a courtroom again, as a result of that hearing.

As the case progressed, visitation restrictions were eased on Mr. Cichon, but the overwhelming financial obligation remained. Mr. Cichon operates a small cabinet company and barely makes enough to live on, after paying nearing $5,000 a month in support to his wife. In addition, Mr. Cichon has spent nearly $22,000 in legal fees; which according to Michael has done nothing to help his case.

The inability to make the unrealistic payments resulted in Mr. Chichon being held in contempt. During a recent court hearing, Michael was booked into the Hernando County Jail, until he could pay his arrearages. Thanks to Mr. Cichon’s family, he was able attain the funds necessary to purge the amount owed and was released from jail.

Recently, Michael gave nearly $7,000 to Attorney Timothy Doud in a last ditch effort to salvage his case: however, in another astonishing turn of events, Doud motioned to withdrew as counsel after just one hearing. Judge Neal granted Mr. Doud’s motion and even allowed him to keep the entire retainer.

Mr. Cichon tells RNRF that he has exhausted all his funds and is now forced to handle his case pro se (without an attorney).

Last week, Michael faced another contempt charge but avoided jail after agreeing to pay another large sum of money. Judge Neal ordered Michael to drop the payment off to Jeff Cario’s office, which he attempted to do, but once again things didn’t go as planned. Michael says he brought the required payment to Jeff Cario’s office, but they refused to provide a signed receipt. In an attempt to have record of his payment, Michael called the Sheriff’s Office. When they arrived on the scene, Jeff Cario requested that Michael be trespassed from the property.

Adding to the already hostile circumstances, Mr. Cichon says his wife is now interfering with child visitation. To try to find relief, Michael filed several motions of contempt against his wife but Judge Neal has yet to hear his complaint, even though he found time to hear Attorney Sam Lea’s motions for contempt, whenever Michael was late on support payments.

Michael says Lea is trying to rush his case to trial, so that he can “lock in” permanent alimony for Mrs. Cichon. Florida Legislators are close to deciding on a Bill that would eliminate permanent alimony in the State of Florida.

It should be noted that Mrs. Cichon is able to work and even possesses a college degree, but she has refused to find employment, according to Mr. Cichon.
We will continue to follow this case to its conclusion.

CA_small ca2_small ca3_small ca4_small Fight

Comments
  • For any of you or anyone you know, who want to privately comment on this story, email me @ [email protected]…I am ready to tell my story…are you???

Saturday, 14 May 2016, 9:52 pm
  • I have a history with Neil, Jones & Cario! I am very interested in joining the fight against them & the entire Hernando county system!!! They serve injustice & “we the people” need to bring our town back to JUSTICE!!! I will post soon with an email address for those of you who want to join the fight!!!

Saturday, 14 May 2016, 9:11 pm
  • well I see now I was incorrect on above–that was in year 2000—so must have been a younger picture as the person I saw still in the “ROBE”! Here ia another article involving jeb bush and NEAL! Give Jeb Bush a big thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, 29 April 2016, 12:04 pm
  • how ironic—I see a nother “neal ” judge named CURTIS again–45 years old! Must be HIS son…was appointed by JEB BUSH to be a judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 days in hernando and others I think in citrus—–just saw in st pete times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SURROUNDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, 29 April 2016, 11:55 am
    • write JEB BUSH A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all they need up there is another——————wow

Friday, 29 April 2016, 11:57 am
  • Susan, this is so disheartening to see. I have a trial pending soon and I have read enough already to be concerned, but you’d better believe that I will be watching closely for any nepotism, irrational decisions, personal thoughts or opinions and objectivity and if law and fairness are not present, I will pursue justice. From what I’ve seen so far I am already disillusioned by to the goings on here and am skeptical of expecting a fair trial without an attorney.

Friday, 29 April 2016, 11:32 am
    • If in Hernando county you are fighting a loosing battle—but want to know how it all turns out for you! I just wrote state representatives and told them I will not give more details about my personal case but referred them to this beautiful article that explains it all (along with all the comments). I told them I would say no more —only meet with them IN PERSON with Tom Lemons with RNRF as I have already been told by attny he will sue me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the liberty of saying tom would be there—don’t know but hope he will! It is a web! They do ot want change of venue either as they will be found out!!!! Best of luck to you tho—-let’s exchange emails……..I don’t know how—but somehow we need to get the CASE going against hernando county. And how do you get on here as concerned citizen? For all I know you are one of “them”………..they are evil! I am telling you! it is all about money!—for THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your response!

Friday, 29 April 2016, 2:46 pm
    • I also advice do not put out more money or waste your time and energy. We need to bring the corruption to someone’s attention THEN go to trial—POSTPONE it!!!!

Friday, 29 April 2016, 2:52 pm
  • I too was caught up in the orgy of Neal, Jones (O/C) and Cario……then the Bar…………the FBI needs to be contacted by a group. They are so corrupt…..no one gives a shit either……Can’t post more on here as I know they are reading this and they don’t care………someone should send this thread and entire story to the Bar or the supreme court or the FBI! No one overlooks the courts—they fail us—in this particular county I agree–it is an orgy! Liars, thieves, devils…..they do not give a shit as they just are greedy and no one governs what they are doing–then then they silence you one way or another. My advice is we ban together and take it to who-ever——out of that county and not the Bar…..FBI…..and anyone entering in to that court system—-forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won’t grant change of venue nothing—-don’t even try a thing.they got it–eat lunch together and all sorts of stuff–go to the bank together—-and of course the bed is involved…..maybe they are gay (not naming anyone specific here!!!!)

Friday, 29 April 2016, 9:51 am
    • athe following is info from another thread I encourage anyone that has any fight left in them to do: I would encourage each person who suspects the collusion of attorneys and judges to go and file a report with the FBI. Before I filed mine I consulted with two retired FBI agents who advised me that public corruption in the courts is “red meat” to the agency. You should have seen the judge’s face and opposing counsel when I testified in court that I had filed a complaint with the FBI. They were aghast and shaking with rage. I can imagine the fear they still feel wondering if their little back room meetings and phone calls are being watched and listened to.

Also–post this entire article and replies on your FB! get it out in the public so that people in hernando county will learn to get the hell out of there before entering a divorce!

Friday, 29 April 2016, 10:30 am
  • Wow. Just came across this story and I too recently fell victim to Tim Doud’s “let me take the retainer then drop you act” How has he gotten away with this.

Thursday, 27 August 2015, 9:54 pm
  • How do I get you to report on my case before Judge Neal

Saturday, 8 August 2015, 11:25 pm
  • Are you mad because the system hasn’t worked in your favor because your face has popped up on the Sheriff’s website a couple times. You know there is a lot of public information online especially when you post your real name. Goodbye.

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 11:19 pm
  • Also, one more thing, since you, Mrs. Taylor, seem to be very interested & assuming of my story…this isn’t even about me & “the man” anymore…this is about the “justice system” that has become so corrupt in recent history that it is now known as the “injustice system”!!! Anything else “YOU” would like to know???

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 10:32 pm
  • No Thanks you seem a little bit dramatic for me. Don’t post your life if you don’t want me or others to comment.

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 9:52 pm
  • You may not be a man but, you are some kind of freak!!! You are very quick to judge, I’ll give you that ( & trust me, as everyone I know does, that was not a compliment!!!) I have enough info about the few freaks that I do know in my life…I do not need to “know” anything about your freakish life…thank you very much anyhow!?!? People in glass houses should not throw stones!!! You want the whole story & nothing but the “true” story??? Just ask!!! Maybe you should get your facts straight before you vomit out of your mouth!!!

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 9:35 pm
  • Last time I checked I wasn’t a man. Quit feeling bad for yourself. Surely you are mad over money you can’t have. That he has worked for as well. At least the man wants to take care of his children. Be grateful that they can go and see the world like Belize and enjoy their life.He wouldnt have his children if he was a piece of shit. He must have not been too bad you stuck with him for quite some time or he probably found someone with a better attitude than you. Wow, we aren’t even married and I figured that out quickly. It’s always about the money when it comes to divorce. By the way, I do have my High School diploma that I am proud of.And work full time without living on the government. I dont receive any foodstamps and live within my means supporting my children. Anything else you would like to know?

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 8:50 pm
  • EXCUSE ME???… “MRS” Taylor!!! First of all, I can tell that you are not very educated in the way you speak!!! Secondly, who said that I want to be “supported” for the rest of my life??? YOU did that’s who!!! I am a working woman that has supported my ex for 20 years!!! It is very obvious that you know nothing in which you speak!!! So…in your own words…screw you!!! Why don’t you get a life, move on & go back to school!!! p.s. Are you really a man???

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 6:31 pm
  • Screw you lady. It’s about time a working man don’t have to pay and support a woman for the rest of her life! Get a life and move on.

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 3:08 pm
  • I am currently wrapped up in the Hernando County system of “injustice”! Unfortunately, I am also @ the mercy of Judge Curtis Neal. I filed for divorce in October 2012. Finally, the trial was scheduled for January 2015. My lawyer of over 2 years, James Jones Jr, promised me the sun & moon. (all the while, I never asked for “the sun & moon”!) All I wanted is what was fair for me & my 3 children. My children’s father & I were together for 20 years & married for 17 years. We ran a very profitable business. I have always worked outside of the home & continue to do so. I left him, he was financially & emotionally abusive. He has always been a spendoholic! He has the best of the best of a multitude of adult toys, boat, RV, dirt bikes, 4-wheelers, wave runners, etc…etc…No retirement account though!!! During the 2+ years of representation by James Jones, we made Curtis Neal aware of all of this. While on the stand, @ “one” of the pretrials, my ex stated “I say lots of things to piss Pam off”, Curtis Neal told me that I need to look for a second job!!! To this date I have not received one red cent for child support, alimony, medical bills, etc…Curtis Neal approved James Jones to fire me 3 weeks before the “official” trial. Here’s the kicker…my ex’s attorney (& I say ex because Curtis Neal signed off on our “divorce” way back in December of 2013!!!, I wasn’t made aware of this until my “current” lawyer told me this in March 2015!!!) is, guess who…Jeff Cario!!! I read many of the comments above & have researched a bit of Curtis Neal’s history. It seems that Jeff Cario or his associates are involved in most of the “bad press” associated with this judge. I believe that somehow, in some way, Cario is paying off Neal. BEFORE our last court hearing, Cario basically “guaranteed” my ex that Neal would rule in his favor & guess what…he did!!! How did Cario know this you ask??? My ex got EVERYTHING!!! No alimony, no child support, hell…he wasn’t even made to give me the name, forget about a copy, of the children’s health or dental insurance cards!!! Cario is known as “The Shark” of Hernando County. What does that make Neal…”The Killer Whale”??? I am beside myself!!! How does this “system of INJUSTICE” get away with this??? I am not going to sit down & take this anymore!!! If ANYONE would like to join me in this fight please contact me. I will check back on here periodically & will also be doing more research. I am going to treat this like it’s my new job. I am not done with this!!!

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 2:48 pm
    • The facts about my case are too numerous to list but, this fact will give you an idea of what I’m going thru. My children & I are now on food stamps while he brings the kids on extravagant vacations like ziplining in Belize!!! Justice…I think not!!!

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 3:06 pm
  • @ Ray you sound like you are this womans rich boyfriend you must be the one paying for her high power of attorney. You know too many intimate details about this case. Mike never had any problem paying child support and never had any problem keeping insurance on the children. You referred to her as a poor woman struggling to take care of her children. she has a degree the same as her ex husband why is it she is not expected to go to work and bring money in to her own household when all three children are in school and she has nothing but time on her hands Monday through Friday all day long. so you think it’s fair to order a man to pay 5000 dollars a month to pay every one of her bills when she is just as responsible for those children as he is? You think its okay for a woman to sit around on her ass all day long when she’s highly capable of being out there working? You are just as disgusting as the legal system here. why are you so offended about the comment on her sleeping with the judge? she’s getting through the system somehow so she’s either sleeping with you and you’re paying for it or she sleeping with her attorney. Tom lemons does an excellent job of reporting news in this county and bringing out the truth when it comes to getting justice. it’s clear that you do not live here. they have an autistic child together do a little research Google autism get back to me on what medications you find the children are put on that have autism. there aren’t any and for your information she is the one that cannot handle the kids she uses them as pawns she uses them to get the best digs into her ex husband that she can get what kind of mother denies her children spring break with their father? she intentionally did not send them to school the Friday before spring break so their father could not pick them up she does this all the time what kind of parent does that this fight is between the adults she uses the children as pawns to keep him from seeing them and all she is doing is hurting the children what kind of mother is that? you need to read the whole story and start from the beginning before you put your two cents worth on here unless of course like I said you have all the intimate details because you are the one she’s sleeping with and in that case you are only getting one side of the story hers.

Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 9:50 am
  • Ray says: [quote]How can so many professional’s be of like mind and the father claim they are all wrong?[endquote]

Are you talking about what it takes to maintain health? Are you kidding?

Once you look into the way the homo sapien is built to be living, you know, like learning about fresh, raw, ripe, properly grown fruits, berries and melons and botanicals for support (herbs), and you’ve got millions of medical professionals who were never taught this proper way to provide nutrition to the body, and yet those professionals are looked upon by the general public as knowledgeable about how the body works as a whole (they aren’t, generally speaking, do they tell you how important the lymphatic system is in keeping your body clean and healthy?).

Lots of people being wrong doesn’t make them right. (Sounds obvious, doesn’t it?)

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 9:39 am
  • Tom, keep up the good work and continue to be objective in your reporting like you have been. This guy “Ray” seems to know details and background about the case you never mentioned or inferred in any of your articles, so he might be “connected” to the case and is trying to confuse the issue and distort the facts with his form of “logic” (which is distorted).

Monday, 25 May 2015, 9:51 pm
  • One last observation. If you were not allowed in the hearings it is a wonder how you have photos on your website of what seems to be a court room with the subjects of your “thrown out” story? You will no doubt not own up and be a true journalist to share this post and the last post to the public. Good day Sir.

Friday, 22 May 2015, 3:36 pm
  • “Tom” You are confused. Secret is a word adolescents use. Privacy. It is about the privacy of innocent children which you have no right to exploit. What I support is their protection. Getting thrown out of a hearing says nothing that you gave an effort to interview any other parties. You have not proved an ounce of corruption. I would be glad to have you over for an interview.

Friday, 22 May 2015, 2:40 pm
  • This story, this reporter, is extremely one sided as with all of his reports. He always names several people, if not by name then by title or occupation as culprits, yet I only see one person being interviewed. How can so many professional’s be of like mind and the father claim they are all wrong? If this is such an injustice then why not substantiate it with interviews by the doctors, teachers, witnesses and other parties? Is there some secret law that protects the media from misrepresentation? How do we know that there hasn’t been a history of mental abuse by this lunatic father? How do we know there hasn’t been manipulation by an obviously deranged so called “man”? Why do you make it sound so shocking the judge ordered support for the children? How can you even suggest that a struggling Mother has the ability to sleep with a Judge? Really? I can’t believe the narrow mindedness. This so called father needs to step up and take responsibility. The bank video? You should be ashamed of yourself for calling it a malicious attack. The only thing I see is intimidation and manipulation by a male individual not willing to take responsibility. Why didn’t you interview the so called witness? You have turned what should be a private matter to a public one. The only thing the reporter in this segment has done is expose innocent children and for that alone you need to get back on here and apologize. If the viewers are willing to buy into this one sided story, then I’m sorry to say you have also become a victim by 2 scheming male figures that have no idea what it means to be a real person.

To the person named Chris. Your character is worse than the reporter writing these lies and the father who is manipulating the system by exploiting the children’s school.

Friday, 22 May 2015, 1:47 pm
  • My personal experience with Judge Neal was fair and impartial, so while his judgments so seem excessive in this case, I suspect there is more to the story. Having said that, there is a measure of truth to the good ole boy system, for deals are definitely made (between attorneys at least) after hours over drinks or on the golf course. Hopefully someone will step in and represent this gentleman pro bono.

Monday, 18 May 2015, 1:05 pm
  • Mr Cichon definitely needs to contact his congressman and then follow up with the Governor.
    He also should contact the Attorney Generals office and file a complaint to have this judge
    Investigated for extorsion.

Monday, 18 May 2015, 12:25 pm
  • I know this situation oh too well. tears and prayers.

Monday, 18 May 2015, 12:14 pm
  • The FBI…needs to lock up all these non stop corrupt authorities ,, judge Neal and CaRio in business together ..police single out families through the sheriff’s office and target families with money.all from police having access to your bank accounts.then they trample your life take everything ….dozens of families have lost everything to herMando corruption …F.B.I. HELP…THESE.AMERICAN CITIZENS..

Monday, 18 May 2015, 10:35 am
  • Her children go to my children school at Notre dame catholic school

Sunday, 17 May 2015, 10:30 pm
  • This is a sad story. It is especially sad for what the children have to go through. I hope they can overcome the bad effects of this experience that is robbing them of happy memories they should be having in their childhood years. The attorneys and judge that are in collusion and are perpetuating this situation for financial gain should be held accountable – they are like parasites feeding off others’ misfortune.

Sunday, 17 May 2015, 7:37 pm
  • I read ‘Toner’ and had to read. She was retained for my divorce and ate up my deposit too quickly. When it came time for the final judgement she handed me a huge bill and was upset I could not pay and asked the judge to dismiss her as my lawyer. Needless to say after I spoke with the judge he also told her she WOULD NOT send me a final bill. I presented my own case in the final hearing and all she said I would NEVER get, I got. I find it funny she’s now divorced… wonder if she’ll do the same thing she said I would and be married in five years… well it’s been eight and that is never happening again.

Sunday, 17 May 2015, 5:54 pm
  • Good luck Mr Cichon. Someone higher up really should be investigating this. First I think it’s despicable that she’s so willing to pump her child full of drugs! And I would think if this woman is physically able to and obtains a college degree, that she should show proof and it should be verified that she’s trying to find a job and not just saying she is so she can get back at her husband by taking every cent the man makes. GET A JOB.

Saturday, 16 May 2015, 6:03 pm
  • The man is so right in not subjecting his children to the poisons of the medical industry. I applaud him for that.

All conditions of the body can be corrected by correct living habits. The human body is made to be living on fruits and botanicals, as in fresh, raw, vine- or tree-ripened, properly grown fruits, berries and melons, and herbs to support organs and systems in the regaining of optimal health.

Saturday, 16 May 2015, 10:53 am
  • Florida is not alone in awarding permanent alimony in cases such as this. My husband has been paying monthly alimony of $250.00 for the last 21 years as ordered by the NJ courts and enforced by FL. This is what ‘no-fault’ divorce gets you: a chance to screw around on your spouse, 1/2 of the pension, thousands in legal fees and other various prizes. Check out the website, familylawreforusa.com. There are a lot of us out there getting raked over. Good luck, Mr. Cichon.

Saturday, 16 May 2015, 6:27 am
  • I work where he had supervised visitation with his children. He would bring and play games with the children. He was alway kind and patient. I witnessed this for weeks. I think this man is getting screwed over. It’s very clear he loves his children! It shows it’s not how good of a parent or person you are it’s who you know! This is a heart breaking story. Most of all my heart goes out to those children because they are in the middle of all this.

Saturday, 16 May 2015, 5:21 am
  • I have dealt with Curtis Neal in the past from a professional level- he is one of the worst judges I have ever seen. How he has not been disbarred yet I do not know. He is despicable with no sense of what is right or safe to those involved in cases- whether in divorce or child removal cases.

Saturday, 16 May 2015, 12:01 am
  • I’ve met Mr. Cichon in my place of business and he is a very nice guy. He does not deserve this and clearly there needs to be an investigation being this is by far not the first case mentioned that this has happened with the same judge and same set of lawyers. Anyone can clearly tell that something stinks here…

Friday, 15 May 2015, 11:15 pm
  • Timothy Doud told me he would ” get me everything I deserved and wanted.” Than when I was owed so much in arrears, he told me he wasn’t my lawyer anymore, and he did get me everything I wanted…he just can’t enforce it. I really wish he had told me that before he took my money.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 8:21 pm
  • Scumbag is too nice for him. He’s an asshole, I guess ten grand is his number.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 8:19 pm
  • Gotta love Hernando county! Unfortunately I also used timothy doud and paid him over $10k and he did the same thing to me and I got no money back from him he’s a scum bag!!!

Friday, 15 May 2015, 7:02 pm
  • Wow. This is all too familiar to me. Neal was my judge for my divorce. My lawyer was Doud, and Toner was my ex husbands lawyer. They are all corrupt. Doud said my case was easy and wouldn’t exceed a bill of $7,000. My end bill was over $11,000. To er, condoned my exhusband waving support checks in my face in her presence, and other verbally abusive acts and continued to represent him. In the end, the lawyers won, Neal made his orders, my exhusband is now in arrears over $200,000, once he’s been charged with contempt…and purged by paying $50. Why aren’t they going after my ex the same way? Ohhh because they are all in it together. The last time I tried to take my ex to court, Neal told me I was ” wasting the courts time”.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 6:55 pm
  • Judge Ñeal, been there, my former husband works as a supervisor in Hernando County, even though I brought photos, audio tapes and text records to court, you guessed it he was free to stalk and watch my residence in a county vehicle for months with just a gôod ol’boys verbal warning from this Judge.
    When you go to the clerks office they leave the active files sitting right out on thier desk, if they wàlk away to make a copy or pick up a reciept, you can reach over and take a case or take stuff out, this is a well known tactic, because it is run so loosely. It’s a joke.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 6:32 pm
  • Typical Doud….take your money and run!

Friday, 15 May 2015, 5:58 pm
  • all I have to say is that somebody is going to snap

Friday, 15 May 2015, 5:11 pm
  • Following this story via RNRF since last year. Something real funny happening here. Judge Neal gives the appearance of not being in tune with anyone except his lawyer buddies. First he does not want you near his palace (courtroom) as a taxpayer -reporter and certainly wants Mr. Cichon gone and bankrupt forever. This judge has someone hiding in the closet. A JOKE!

Friday, 15 May 2015, 4:46 pm
  • Gotta love Ole Hernando County were the good ole boys do what they want! I really feel for this guy and wish I had the money or a law degree so I could help!

Friday, 15 May 2015, 2:20 pm
  • Perhaps its time for the State to look into the Judge and the bar to look into every attorney associated with this case, starting with why the Media was excluded from public hearings, this judge sounds very biased and needs to recuse himself, any lawsuit against first amendment right infringements need to be carried out and not just dropped due to being all of a sudden allowed in, judges must be impartial this one is not, the other attorneys office Cario needs to present all receipts for monies paid to the wife, or be brought up before the FL. Bar.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 2:13 pm
  • Hernando County legal system is so “Boys Club”. I watched the State Attorney’s in court this past Wednesday and it is nothing but a work place orgy. They do not care at all about right and wrong. The public defenders are in bed with them all as well. Who can stick their noses up the Judges a** first and the furthest. Then at the end of the day they all meet for drinks/dinner and who’s bed am I going to tonight? If you don’t golf, drink or screw them you don’t have a chance in hell in the court system.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 2:01 pm
    • That is EXACTLY what it is—it is beyond “joking” about being under the desk!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Tom follow-up on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, 29 April 2016, 2:54 pm
  • isnt she employed full time under the judges desk? Seems to be the only reason

Friday, 15 May 2015, 12:15 pm
  • Good report, Tom. I think this is where you and I first got together. Stay on it. The court needs a lot more transparency. I think this is just one of hundreds of questionable cases where the court’s have abused the public.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 9:52 am
  • I don’t believe this article said $5,000 from an ATM, but rather that is the amount per month he was paying.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 9:45 am
  • The kids should be allowed to stay in THEIR home, but, have a live in guardian move in and BOTH parents should set up a visitation schedule somewhere else. As to the money having to be paid, that is just absolutely pathetic. How is she entitled to $5,000 a month. Who needs that much money a month to take care of children? She should definitely be made to go to work. I have seen a lot of men in this state get raked over the coals. I am not saying that men are always right, but, when a father is there for his children, the courts need to help fix a situation like this. They are eventually going to leave this guy with NOTHING and by nothing it will probably mean the children, too. Put them both in therapy!!! Sounds like she is a “woman scorned”, and, we know what happens with that.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 9:24 am
  • This guy is not a victim. This is all a ploy And unfortunately the media is feeding into it.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 9:14 am
    • You must be either his wife or his wife’s attorney, if it wasnt for the Media i would think it would be much worse..

Friday, 15 May 2015, 2:18 pm
      • indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a comment—I really do not know why they allow such on here—-guess I should have been under a made up profile as I see the attnys and all are all over this………………

Friday, 29 April 2016, 2:57 pm
  • Brooksville cronyism at its finest

Friday, 15 May 2015, 8:33 am
  • It’s sad that all women get the rights.Father’s have hardly no rights and no decision making in their children’s life. My husband pays $554.00 per month plus full medical and dental for my stepdaughter while her mom sits her a** at home and collects$800.00 per month on food stamps and other government assistance. And she is able to work she quit work the first month he started paying her. So yes it is screwed up. I feel bad for this man and hope someone legally could help him out. That mom needs some help mentally doing that to her children’s father shame on you mam’ remember you loved that man once have some respect for that man atleast he’s paying your sorry a**!

Friday, 15 May 2015, 8:30 am
  • Request another judge, he sounds shady. Welcome to hernando county, it’s not what u know it’s who u know.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 8:00 am
  • Wow this poor man is being screwed big time !! Not right

Friday, 15 May 2015, 7:50 am
  • I had judge Neal and I didn’t feel he was father friendly. It was my third divorce . so wasnt my first rodeo he was clearly one side d

Friday, 15 May 2015, 7:46 am
  • The judge is purposely screwing him over and probably cause the wife is screwing the judge. Either from this story it sounds like he’s more capable of taking care of the children. If Neal is a voted position, he will not get mine.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 7:41 am
  • There are two sides to every story. This guy is playing the victim card a little too much. Everyone is wrong but him? Every single person is bullying him ? Every person not even affiliated with each other? I highly doubt that. His story is inconsistent …. he withdrew $5,000 from an ATM? Come on. The doctors are wrong. The lawyers are wrong. The judges are wrong. The officers are wrong. Everyone is wrong but this guy?

Friday, 15 May 2015, 6:27 am
  • Wow, that’s a load of bull crap and should NOT be tolerated in any court cases!!!
    Sounds like the judge is being paid off by someone, in my opinion!!!!

Good luck Mr Cichon and Tom Lemons!!

Friday, 15 May 2015, 1:52 am
  • He doesn’t need to be a judge smh sounds to me like the judge is screwin this guts ex wife to me..she sounds like a ho too

Friday, 15 May 2015, 12:31 am
  • Sad but true Hernando county legal systems stinkk. The judges , state employees and Lawyers play golf together, go fishing, hang out talk about f**king people over in this town. This guy doesn’t deserve a to be treated like that Judge has a special interest in this case.

Thursday, 14 May 2015, 11:16 pm
  • I’ve been through it also and hernando county goes by their own rules!!! Charlie Crist, the governor at the time of my case, eventually intervened and actually helped me greatly to prove that the state and legal system failed me and my children!!! Mr. Cichon, I suggest you go through the chain of commands as I did and go to the highest person your able to get to and keep demanding that someone investigate your case as I did!!! DO NOT STOP UNTIL SOMEONE HEARS YOUR VOICE!!!!! It’ll pay off in the end!!! It did for me and my children!!!!

Thursday, 14 May 2015, 10:54 pm
  • It is happening everywhere not only in Hernando. Judgement most of the time is unfair. Lawyers always wins no matter what the outcome of the case. Lazy ones are rewarded alimony.

Thursday, 14 May 2015, 10:45 pm
  • Welcome to Hernando county domestic court. Been there, done that. The judges are bullies and a little too close to some of the attorneys.

Thursday, 14 May 2015, 10:34 pm
  • She must be f***ing the judge.. Shows how the legal system works.

Thursday, 14 May 2015, 10:28 pm