Kass Circle Cleanup Planned – Volunteers Needed

SPRING HILL – People who work and live around the Kass Circle area are about to get a helping hand from volunteers willing to spend their Saturday picking up trash.

Organizers with People Helping People are asking members of the community to volunteer this Saturday, January 16th, as part of the Kass Circle Revitalization Initiative.

Volunteers may sign-in at People Helping People, located at 1396 Kass Circle. Gloves, trash bags, water and a barbeque picnic will be provided to all participants of the event, which runs between 9 – 11 am.

Republic Services has donated a free dumpster and waived disposal fees for the cleanup project.

For more information about the cleanup, contact Doug Brainard at (352) 442-1156.

For more information about the Kass Circle Neighborhood Revitalization Project, go to www.hernandocounty.us/plan/KassCircleProject.asp or contact Pat McNeese with the Hernando County Planning Department at (352) 754-4057, ext. 28016 or email [email protected].

10665107_961899263850674_1170614664283238221_n 12548975_1104860536221212_7279006787847686637_n 11390261_978074335566500_1111304251120111039_n

Comments
  • Mike l let me guess NE I rent want to see my yard Hey boschump am I gonna see ya out there.

Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 1:29 pm
  • How about cleaning out the human trash that reside over there….

Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 12:26 pm
  • Yea I love the one for riding bike for tv. Wearing pink and all the other things they have to do to get what they want. Florida needs to step it up some.
    But many thanks to the ones that volunteer. Its a great way for helping the community out. From all I see and hear. Definitely be careful when cleaning up. Wish I could help. I would if I was able.

Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 5:17 am
  • When your out there cleaning up the trash, grab the rift raft that lives in my neighborhood and throw them in your bag… I hate driving up to Walgreens or up Canterbury to leave, and see trash laying around and worse walking… I have lived in this neighborhood for 9 years and it is going to hell in a hand basket… For those of us that own our homes in the back of this neighborhood and take care of our property has to deal with these crumb bum’s and their trash… Wished I didn’t have to work my real job because I would definitely be there to help clean this area up…

Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 12:54 am
  • Since WE have to SUPPORT these INMATES, THEY should work to
    support THEMSELVES while they are serving time!!
    I see nothing wrong in putting them to work!!

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 11:43 pm
  • Prisioners should never know where they are going to be assigned duties. Their friends and relatives will hide drugs and weapons for them to pick up. Jail searches don’t always find all the contraband.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 8:35 pm
  • Im all for the inmate clean up program. True not all people in jail are guilty or bad people. Some made bad choices or were in the wrong place at the wrong time but nothing wrong with giving the option to take some actual pride in your community. Im even for time off based on behavior and effort. I seen the one sheriff in another state has the tvs and such hooked up to bicycles that produce electricity and if they want to watch they have to pedal. The return rate is one of the lowest in the nation.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 6:15 pm
  • They need to provide thick plastic gloves or at least tell volunteers to bring their own. The amount of hypodermics and broken glass I saw during the last cleanup was crazy.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 6:10 pm
  • Most of the surrounding and nearby residential streets are filled with renters, usually they dump when they have to move. Poor place to live if you have a choice.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 5:38 pm
  • @johndhanna and the prisoners at Gitmo are not guilty of anything and are our friends. Man you must be high on something and it isn’t reality. I agree Doc make them Work, but only under heavy supervision .

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 5:32 pm
  • Yep! And it doesn’t there. I live not too far from there, and EVERYDAY I wake up to find litter and garbage dumped on MY front lawn and sidewalk. It might be McDonald’s, might be ice cream sandwich wrapper, and once it was a Sonny’s BBQ take out carton with a little leftover food and a fork in it. The crap that walks up and down MY street seems to keep picking MY yard to toss his leftovers in and I’m really tired of it. When this ‘clean-up’ takes place, PLEASE throw out the ‘trash in the neighborhood’ as well. Thanks….

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 4:42 pm
  • You need to get over the idea that people sitting around in jail are 1) guilty or 2) slaves

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 4:21 pm
  • that whole area went to s*** since they put the PAR in

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 2:40 pm
  • Don’t we have people sitting around in jail on there sorry *** that could tackle this area and others ?

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 2:39 pm