Kitchen Fire Leads to Aggravated Battery Charge for Spring Hill Man
SPRING HILL – Last Thursday, Fire Rescue responded to a residence on Omaha Circle, after reports of a residential fire at that location. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they discovered that the fire was contained to the kitchen, and was already out.
Officials at the scene contacted the State Fire Marshal to investigate, due to a language barrier. After a brief investigation, it was determined that the fire was completely accidental and that there were no sign of foul play.
The following evening, Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the residence, located at 8423 Omaha Circle, after a dispute over the fire ensued between homeowners, Carlos Castillo and Keith Barber, and the tenant, 37-year-old Gabriel Vargas Colon.
The confrontation turned physical, when Colon struck Castillo in the back of the head with an unknown object. Colon then turned his attention to Barber – biting him on the left tricep. When Barber and Castillo attempted to flee the residence, Colon grabbed two full bottles of Bud Light Beer and struck Barber in the back of the head. Barber sustained a laceration that required medical attention, however, the extent of his injuries are unknown.
Colon’s pregnant girlfriend, Juliana Cruz, attempted to break up the fight, but was injured in the process. She was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Other witnesses at the scene also sustained minor injuries, in their attempts to separate Colon and the homeowners.
Colon was taken into custody and charged with Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon and Battery.
Colon is currently free on $3,000 bond.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ™2013 – 2016 Real News Real Fast, Inc.