Late Night Fire Destroys Vehicles and Structure – Investigation Underway

BROOKSVILLE – Hernando County and Brooksville Fire Rescue responded to 18345 Wiscon Road, just before midnight Sunday, after a passerby observed several vehicles and a structure on fire at that location.

Upon their arrival, firefighters discovered a large wooden shed and two vehicles fully engulfed. The blaze was quickly brought under control and there were no reports of injuries.

Due to the suspicious nature of the blaze, the State Fire Marshal was dispatched to the scene to investigate.

Fire sdfs

Wiscon 1 Wiscon 4

Comments
  • oh no the pic of the car is either a grand national or a t/type turbo regal. I think…sure looks like it

Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 9:20 am
  • @ Brooksville34601 your a douchebag keep your comments to yourself

Wednesday, 3 February 2016, 8:45 am
  • Miss Mabel, you need to be a daily visitor here! I love the polite way you speak your mind and I love more the way your mind thinks. I hope you have a wonderful evening ma’am ?

Tuesday, 2 February 2016, 6:18 pm
  • Well said Mabel!

Tuesday, 2 February 2016, 6:11 pm
  • I know of 3 animals that are nothing but skin and bones for at least 4 months . Animal control has been called more than once and yet the animals are still there… So
    what are they doing?

Monday, 1 February 2016, 11:02 pm
  • @BKSV34601 What? Back up. I read that in an article (Hernando Today) after the fact.
    It was a huge drug bust. That’s what they found in there. It’s a creepy looking place.
    You assume too much or can’t decipher the written word. Animal Control did come. Good grief.
    Common decency? Where do you get off……I need to stop commenting now. Good night.

Monday, 1 February 2016, 10:27 pm
  • @ Mabel, dogs being abused and neglected !!! why wouldn’t you have the common decency to call animal control or anything!?!? if I ever see a animal being neglected I report it, rather have him in a shelter than being abused and starved!! Great job mabel?

Monday, 1 February 2016, 9:41 pm
  • The sparks are from firefighters cutting open the engine hood with a k12 saw to gain access to extinguish the fire

Monday, 1 February 2016, 9:09 pm
  • Tom, not at all confusing to me.Great job keeping us informed. Thank you.

Monday, 1 February 2016, 8:48 pm
  • There’s no 18345, it’s 18341 Wiscon RD. PA – look it up. James W. Holland Jr.
    That’s the place that was raided by SWAT, more than once. Humane Society is on the other corner.
    Brothers James W. Holland Jr (in prison til 2036) and Howard Lee Holland (probation til 2031)
    Drugs, guns, money, murder, and mayhem. Good riddance.
    That place is a pit. Thought it was condemned. Dogs chained to trees, no food or water.
    If it’s burned to the ground I’d call it: “Community Improvement.” Thank you!

Monday, 1 February 2016, 8:47 pm
  • Tom what is happening in the picture with the firefighter and the sparks? I wish you would caption your photos, because sometimes the story is confusing enough…

Monday, 1 February 2016, 7:20 pm
  • Must’ve voted against the mine expansion…

Monday, 1 February 2016, 4:53 pm