Lease, Pawn, and Then Fail to Pay is a Crime – Man Charged with Fraud

BROOKSVILLE – A Spring Hill man faces fraud charges, after he leased a television from a local appliance store and pawned it for cash before satisfying the terms of the contract.

According to officials, 20-year-old Anthony James Lorentsen and his wife purchased a 60” Samsung television from HH Gregg, last August. The account was placed in his wife’s name because Anthony was denied credit with the store. After making a payment of $264.13 and one additional payment of 66.23, the couple stopped paying and refused to return calls from HH Gregg.

On September 21st Anthony pawned the television for an undisclosed amount of cashand continued to ignore efforts from HH Gregg to collect the balance of the loan. HH Gregg reported the incident to the Sheriff’s Office, which resulted in Anthony Lorentsen’s arrest. Lorentsen is charged with Defrauding a Pawn Broker, for providing false information to the Pawn Shop, and Fraud. Lorentsen is free on $1,000 bond.

Lorensten

Comments
  • I’m not scared

Monday, 25 January 2016, 2:14 pm
  • Check it @allsgood annd @lilb meet me anywhere right now. I’ll show you a crack head lmao. See everyone is too scared to write their real names. I have no fear of anyone of you *******. I live at 9220manchester st all are welcome.

Sunday, 24 January 2016, 7:56 pm
  • @Allsgood @LIL B
    Oh, yeah, because you can work at the hospital, have regular drug testing and be on Crack.
    Real smart there.

Sunday, 24 January 2016, 12:29 am
  • Crack huh. Makes sense now. Alyssa stay away from crackheads. Even if family. They’ll pawn your shit

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 4:26 pm
  • WHY YALL CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY ANYWAYS, YOU FOOLS FUNNY

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 3:58 pm
  • How is this news? Some kid screwed up, wow how interesting and news worthy. Why would anyone care about this when there is much more interesting actual news to write about. Plus, it sounds like bits and pieces from a story the writer didn’t even thoroughly investigate.
    No one is going to remember this by next week.

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 3:38 pm
  • ALYSSA STFU YOUR SISTERS A CRACKHEAD JUST LIKE HER MAN NO EXCUSES THERE BOTH JUST AS DUMB AS EACHOTHER!!!!!!

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 3:37 pm
  • Boschump, I couldn’t care less what you think

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 3:14 pm
  • Kudos Backwoods hillbilly , well said They are so educated that can’t even follow who you were posting at smdh. @anna– Huh???

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 3:11 pm
  • This is what gives journalist a bad name.

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 2:50 pm
  • Well said, backwoods hillbilly:) it’s supposed to be so much better up north then go back.They talk like there’s no crime, drugs, domestic violence, or car accidents up there. I’m sure a couple of rednecks will help you move. Have a happy day:)

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 1:40 pm
  • Oh ya I like Hee Haw too…

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 1:38 pm
  • You probably own a single wide on a overgrown lot….with the usual junk strewn about…in unincorporated Hernando….most of the northerners I see come from Georgia..Tennessee…Alabama.and the Carolinas….news flash…THE WAR IS OVER……BLAME THE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS FROM THE 60’S— THE PRESENT FOR ALLOWING THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS ONCE BEAUTIFUL AREA…

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 1:37 pm
  • Additionally, I chose my friends based on the kind of person they are not where they are from or what color they are, probably have more friends of a different race than most people. So take your racist remarks and. …..

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 11:11 am
  • Concerned and Mikayla, first off, as l have stated before, I have many great friends from up north, even new york. I am college educated, masters degree, have a beautiful paid,off home on acreage. I only razz people who continually put down the people and the area. Almost all the people that work for me are northerners, several over 15 and 20 years. All I’m saying is if your so unhappy here, go back to the place that was so great where you came from! Stop whining, maybe you should read the comments I am responding to. Have a wonderful day!

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 10:53 am
  • Durt der derrrr. One f up erases a thousand at a boys. No-one remembers what you did good, they always will remember what you did wrong!

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 10:22 am
  • Everyone who is commenting calling Anthony a loser or an idiot or any possible name you can think of. Whether you are debating about where he’s from or stating anything but about him. Back the **** off! He’s my family. none of you know what’s going on in his life. None of you know his situation. If this was your family you wouldn’t take to kindly to all the rude and nasty comments. You would cringe at the sight of these comments. You don’t know the real Anthony and I’m pretty sure none of you have ever had an actual conversation with Anthony or have ever even met him! Therefore you have no say about his actions. So honestly just shut your mouths & move on with your own ******* life!

Saturday, 23 January 2016, 8:00 am
  • Thank you Tom, I read RNRF every day. It keeps me informed of what is happening in our community. As for those who bash Tom, you are all here reading and commenting away also. You will never be able to please all the people all of the time, Keep up the good work!!!!

Friday, 22 January 2016, 11:31 pm
  • Thank you concerned viewer. I am a Native New Yorker….and quite educated may I add. It amazes me the mentality of people. I will admit before I came down to Florida the stigma I heard from others was to be careful when you move to Florida as they are a bit slow down there and two faced back stabbers. Well, it is the same for those natives down here. All they here is that every New Yorker is somehow a criminal. I myself, am to intelligent to place a stigma on any person from a different culture or Place. Never mind, assume and judge them because of a select group of people in a certain demographic. I have traveled most of this country and several other countries and found so many amazing and interesting people all over the world. There are educated, well read people everywhere. I have many wonderful friend who are native Floridians and many wonderful friends from up north alike. I guess if someone is stuck in a tiny little bubble and casting judgement of a person because of where the grew up without any real knowledge of their background family or education then it is sad to say but, they live in ignorance. As for this girl….she probably has never even been to New York never mind lived there. She is only 19 Years old and has a lot of living and learning to do. I read some of the comments and I am just amazed at the stupidity. Sorry Backwoods Hillbully but, your screen name about says it all. Very Sad.

Friday, 22 January 2016, 11:24 pm
  • Backwoods Hillbilly, I’m not from Spring Hill, I was born in New Orleans, and have lived in Mississippi, Alabama, California, Ohio, Louisiana, Bradenton, FL, and New York City as a grad student. I see you on here all of the time taking shots at people from Spring Hill. You, sir, are a Backwoods Bully, and you should really consider keeping your racist mouth shut. You’re right..there are a lot of people in Spring Hill from up north. This town was marketed to New York by the Mackle Brothers back in the early 70’s from what I understand. That’s just the way it is, my friend. There are some cultural differences here, and there is some crime. But not everyone who lives here from the North is a low-life criminal. If you don’t like Spring Hill, you should stay in the Backwoods and learn to build people up instead of tearing them down. Better yet, maybe you should make some friends with some New Yorkers. You might learn to not be so biggoted towards people who aren’t as perfect as you.

Friday, 22 January 2016, 8:43 pm
  • Good one tom. He probably pulled the kid out to try to pawn him.

Friday, 22 January 2016, 5:11 pm
  • Boschump, North is not the only direction I know but it’s the direction you should go! And by the way I love hee haw!

Friday, 22 January 2016, 4:57 pm
  • Hmmm maybe when the kid smashed his car into a house and I pulled him out… Why don’t you repost that at the top of your page then see what people have to say about me.

Friday, 22 January 2016, 3:13 pm
  • Just a shout out to all the haters. Everyone has something to say when I get in trouble but not when I pulled a kid out of the car he splattered all over mariner, how about you repost that tom and watch yourself

Friday, 22 January 2016, 2:28 pm
  • @anonymous-. Are you jealous of toms car? I’m not a BMW person either. I prefer the 1994 civic like you drive.

Friday, 22 January 2016, 8:05 am
  • I can’t believe you knuckleheads are actually standing up for this lazy a** millennial….he didn’t. make one payment the poor girl did…real winner THAT punk boy is…hey anonymous get a job…maybe then you can afford a BMW…most of the comments sound like idiot millennials….except for Gomer backwards hickboy…is that the only direction you know….north….I think hee haw is on..gawlee…

Friday, 22 January 2016, 7:14 am
  • I believe some companies will do that if the case has already been handed over to a collections agency. In fact, I think sometimes collections agencies buy cases at a lower cost with the hope of collecting more on it from the party who owes. So the initial company no longer legally owns the right to collect. Not sure that happened here but tossing that out.

Friday, 22 January 2016, 7:06 am
  • tony I’m from nj so bite me … everyone is individual…probley in your blood line of thinking somewhere.

Friday, 22 January 2016, 7:06 am
  • @ Alyssa, I’m curious as to why HH Greg would not accept your sisters payment?

Friday, 22 January 2016, 12:21 am
  • but if she stays with that loser her life will always be in turmoil!

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 11:38 pm
  • Don’t see how that makes her in the making to be a loser. Lmao, she literally had the cash to pay it off completely and they wouldn’t accept it. that’s not her fault, and that’s not her fault that it got pawned either. She had nothing to do with it 🙂

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 11:04 pm
  • You graduate at 19 from going to college and getting good grades. I don’t decide who she marries. Also poor alyssa nothing. She did try to pay it. She’s not the making of a loser either. She didn’t do anything wrong. She did agree to pay and she did try to pay it off. You’re so irrelevant and to say poor Alyssa is pretty fucking funny to me. I didn’t do anything expect say the truth regarding my sister. Since everyone has shit to say but doesn’t even know the truth behind it. Only reason my sister is mentioned is because it was in her name. & she didn’t agree to pawn it, she DIDNT pawn it. & she tried to pay for it, they wouldn’t let her.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 10:58 pm
  • You people have nothing better to do then bring people down, if you don’t know someone’s situation then don’t open your f*****g mouth. Half of you people are key happy and would never say half of this s**t to someone’s face @Tom must be nice to know that half the cops in hernando county think your a major pain in their a**. Most of the shit you report isent even real news seriously man just find a new line of work. It must be nice to be able to drive that BMW around knowing that your degrading posts make the payments on it every month. Karmas a b***h and I hope it comes soon.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 10:47 pm
  • Tony, he lives in Springhill, and like most people in Springhill he’s probably from up north.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 10:31 pm
  • How do you graduate from college at 19? Then marry a dumb*** like that?

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 9:18 pm
  • Poor alyssa. Your sister didn’t pay her bill. Just because she didn’t pawn it, she agreed to pay for it. Look up failure to return rental/lease property. She’s lucky she’s not charged with a felony. This would make most people think she’s at least not very smart. Could be the making of a loser.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 8:46 pm
  • @ hold they don’t reproduce, my sister (his wife) is not a f****g loser. Just so you know, she is a 19 year old who’s graduated high school, graduated from college and works at the hospital. SHE also isn’t the one who pawned the tv or did any of it. If ALL OF you really knew the whole story y’all would keep your damn mouths shut and stop talking s**t. My sister didn’t get any phone calls from hh Greg because her phone was taken and shut off and she got a new phone with a new number. By the time she found out everything and tried to pay for the tv flat out they wouldn’t let her. She TRIED doing what was right. She is not the one who pawned the tv. So go call someone else a loser. ?

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 8:00 pm
  • If his purchase was thru their secondary credit (rent a center I believe) then it can be a felony also because that’s a rental/lease contract. They’ll get paid either way he wants to pay it. Directly or thru the courts. Walking away from a contract like that in Florida is the dumbest thing you can do. Happy new year to this new felon

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 7:33 pm
  • Is he worth the BOND money? Trust?

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 7:32 pm
  • I diddent think hh gregg did lease to own,so i was a bit curious as to why h.c.s.o would shake this guy down,i thought they only offered credit which would be unsecured,then he would of owned the t.v and been able to pawn it without criminal charges only a civil suit,however i went to hhgregg website and to my suprise they do offer lease to own,so viola a little research and it all makes sense now,lease to own is like renting a car and then pawning it,thats theft as you dont own the property so you can not get a loan on it or sell it.so im thinking this dumbass will now have to pay for his court cost,incaration cost probation costs,also pay the pawn broker he defrauded,,and most likly pay hh gregg for this tv he no longer has.way to go jacka$$ starting to add up a $10000.00 tv almost (that will be sold again by hhgregg)thats.how you do it you pay 10 times as much as everyone else for a tv and you still dont have and never will own or see again .

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 6:16 pm
  • POS. I can’t stand idiots like this. Son of a b***h.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 6:02 pm
  • @tom Lemons lol. Lord knows we all a need laugh every now and then Good one.?

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 6:01 pm
  • Anything leased belongs to the owner, not the one leasing it. Just like a home that is rented (leased), a vehicle or anything else. Fraud is from pretending to be the owner when he sold it to the pawn shop, the lease was in his wifes name. This low life POS must have been educated right here in Hernando County. These kinds of idiots cost you and me more money. Losers, both him and his wife.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 5:59 pm
  • Lots of grammatical errors in the second paragraph.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 5:03 pm
  • I believe certain criteria has to be met for fraud to reach criminal. In the case of someone like a pawnbroker, the nature of their business would almost always meet this criteria for making it criminal.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 5:00 pm
  • Hhgreg a snitch really? ……i got a 4k on black Friday for like 350..cash. ..well my dad bought it for me. .nvm

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 4:42 pm
  • Wouldn’t that be civil or because he sold to pawn and didn’t own it?

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 4:25 pm
  • How could this guy think that he would not get into any trouble doing what he did, Is he that stupid or is it just a Florida thing.

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 4:18 pm
  • Another real dumb a** from hernando county.. Welcome to jail dummy

Thursday, 21 January 2016, 2:57 pm