Local Children and Teens Face Death Threats and Harassment

REGIONAL – Bullying is not uncommon among school aged children and teenagers but the effects can be more devastating than with past generations. Historically, bullies would target a fellow student in class which would sometimes result in street corner fights, leaving either the victim or the bully with a bloody nose. In many cases the bully and bullied would end up the best of friends once the bullied stood up for themselves.  But today’s bullying has reached new heights and the pain and suffering inflicted on the victim goes well beyond the physical pain of a punch to the stomach.

Cyberbullying is nothing new but the level that some teens are taking their attacks has gone beyond name calling; in some recent cases, the bully has made death threats to the victim and even their families.

On Tuesday, Arlene Blankenship contacted RNRF regarding her 13-year-old daughter and provided screenshots of the terror that bullies have inflicted on her.

In Facebook messages sent by the fake profile “Alexia Heart,” one of many Blankenship says have been used to harass her daughter, states “You need to kill yourself… I’m going to beat the s**t out of you and watch the blood drip down your face.”

The bully goes on to say “I swear, I’m going to track you down and kill everyone in your house, including you. Who’s going to stop me? It seems like the cops are not going to do s**t.”

Blankenship contacted Pasco County Officials and she says they are actively investigating the threats.

Another woman provided screenshots of messages her 11-year-old daughter received, calling her a slut, whore, and trailer trash. She says the bully has been seen driving by their home but attempts to acquire a restraining order was denied by the courts.

The age restrictions on Facebook is rarely followed or enforced, leaving children under the age of 13 vulnerable to cyberbullying and unable to cope with the effects.

An estimated 7.5 million accounts may be held by children under the age of 13 and about 1 million of those have experienced some form of cyberbullying.

Suicide is one of the biggest concerns among parents with children who have experienced cyberbullying, and sources say approximately 1 in 10 have attempted suicide. 4500 kids commit suicide each year and ranks 3rd among teen deaths in the U.S.

Sources

grace messages stuff

Comments
  • I hope to GOD this person is caught and dealt with harshly ! No good can happen by allowing it to go on, it appears the violent thoughts are only getting more gruesome. to just ignore will only allow this sicko to pick on someone else and, Heaven help us, to possibly act out their sick fantasy. To think that this person will someday be a parent also and pass on this sick degenerate trait. This person needs more than help, they need accountability and harsh punishment. THIS is a form of TERRORISM !! The person(s) who raise such a twisted individual must be lacking in brains themselves. I pray that Gracie’s Mom gets the help she truly needs to lock this brain defective person up. I can feel the urgency in Gracie’s mom’s posts. She needs support, help and vigilance in stopping this person. Not new age flowery comments of “oh let it be” postings, or even stooping so low as to blaming Gracie or her Mom. Get Real people. TV and Movies aren’t just entertaining, they also educate Criminals on how to terrorize and perpetrate extremely heinous crimes.

Tuesday, 5 July 2016, 10:38 pm
  • It is not Gracie’s fault. She is an amazing soft hearted girl that would give the shirt off her back to anyone that needs it. This bully if an insecure person who doesn’t like their life and themselves, so they attack other people. Gracie did the right thing and went to her mom. Thank God she is a strong young woman that didn’t listen to all the mean and vulgar words being thrown at her. The police better do something about this before someone gets hurt. Gracie is my niece and all I can say is someone step up and help her get these people. I Love you Gracie to the moon and back.

Tuesday, 5 July 2016, 8:01 pm
  • I know this young girl I’m her age I am really sad I Miss her I don’t like whoever is doing it. Love you stay strong ??

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 8:59 am
  • Wow!! Some of these comments sound horrendous. Sounds like we know who’s raising bullies. Some of you people have all the answers and zero compassion. That makes you clanging cymbol, unworthy of being heard. I don’t wonder anymore where kids are getting thier bullying tactics. Here this girl and her mother are suffering and what do some of you do? Kick them while they’re down. THAT’S BULLYING!!!

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 5:28 am
  • BULLIES are NOTHING but COWARDS, hiding behind a computer/keyboard!

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 1:43 am
  • Grace’s mom,
    I’m so glad to see that she had a mom to turn to. She obviously has a great relationship with you since she knows that you are her safe haven. People will say all kinds of crap from behind a computer screen because they think there are no consequences. I agree with you to let the cops find out who they are. (it’s not like tv people! Things don’t really happen in an hour) you sound like a loving and caring mom, proof of the fact that you are doing something about this. Social media is a very useful tool. It can be good if used wisely and horrible when misused. Most of us do not live in the same state as all of family and our kids may not get to have the same relationship with their grandparents and other family if not for it. You are so wise to take care of things quickly after they happened. I’m so happy that your baby girl is well and you are with her. Enjoy your vacation and forget the ignorance!

Silly willie,
    I would like to say that if home schooling = brain washing then I am thankful for it! I was able to graduate at 16, work in the schools as an aide at 17, start my own, successful, business at 18. I also out right own my cars and home, have learned multiple languages and volunteer as an interpreter, traveled the world, and have no debt…. All before the big 30. Oh and I’m recognized by organizations for my work. So if I’m brain washed, I’ll take it. (you may not need to be so narrow minded, you’ll miss out on a lot)

Gracie,
    Keep strong! You will make it. Don’t take the advice to face the bully. You don’t know if they are male or female, kid or adult. If the threats are real then you are safer away. Rely on your parents, they want the best for you. Find good friends and stick close. They will be hard to find but will worth it! Lots of love

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 11:28 pm
  • I hope you find this bully Gracie’s mom and don’t listen to these Morans if it was there kid it would be a different story everyone of these negative people have nothing better to do with there lives then but into other peoples business and i’m sure there kids are angels ( SARCASTIC) there probably the ones bullying you sound LIKE A VERY CARING MOM

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 10:58 pm
  • Kim… There are many names. Each time I blocked a name they made a new one and got more aggressive. I can’t say any clearer that I did remove my Daughter from this. I monitored the account and blocked her from seeing it. I did protect her. I did everything I could. I wanted to find the person. I wanted to end the threats.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 8:02 pm
    • Time to get Morgan and Morgan they advertise about these situations. Once the bully’s family receives the first letter about a pending law suit then the bulling will stop. These families that let their children do this are the low life uneducated members of society that never amounted to much and neither will their offspring. Its time to get the sheriff involved if there were threats made.

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 12:10 am
  • It’s easy to blame the victim and the victim’s family. I’m a good mother who spends every moment I can with my daughter. She lives in a nice home and has a family that loves her and spends time with her. My 12 year old daughter has been a victim of bullying this year by two girls that pretended to be her friend. These are girls who have been to our home, whose parents I’ve met and who know all of her friends. Yes, I attempted to keep her off of social media. The result? She is isolated from good friends that cared about her AND then Her bullies, Jordan and Cierrah, messaged all of her friends spreading vile rumors about her. I watched my daughter go from an honor role student who loved school, sports, her friends and was full of life to a depressed girl with an eating disorder who is afraid to participate in anything and cries until she’s sick about going to school. And yes, I have been to her school and I have contacted their parents with no success.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 7:37 pm
  • Sometimes you just have to go up to the bully and just beat the crap out of them and when you get them on the floor continue to beat them until you get pulled off by a teacher. Sometimes that’s the only solution in these situations because going to a teacher or principle does nothing and the bully will only continue to bully you further for being a teachers pet or whatever. Until the school system actually takes bullying whether it’s physical or cyber bullying seriously, then they will not be any help at all. All the school system ever does is call the parents of the bully or suspend the bully for a day or two and this does not work at all. It just makes the bully more aggressive. Best thing to do is just beat them up when they aren’t expecting it. You will get suspended for a week but it’s much better to get suspended for a week then get bullied for months and months

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 6:30 pm
  • I would like to know the profile that these messages are coming from

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 6:21 pm
    • You just need a good computer person who can get the IP address then you will know who they are and their internet service provider

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 12:15 am
  • I really know I should stop reading these comments. Thank you to some posters who are being supportive. When this began we were just living our life. To the person who said to put down the beer and cigarettes and go outside? Really? Thanks going to stop my child from being bullied? You don’t know MY family. We happen to NOT drink or smoke. This little girl is #1 in her parents’ and big sisters’ eyes! We do everything to put her first. We are professionals with jobs and college degrees. Surprised? We do all of the things you suggested. Go to beaches, vacations, play board games (quite a bit) This girl kicks my butt in Rummy and Dominoes!! 🙂 We are at at a vacation home for the summer and are doing our best to enjoy our time. I have no idea why I’m even answering to this nonsense. STOP blaming the VICTIMS! STOP blaming their FAMILIES! So to some people the proper or appropriate thing to do here is to punish the victim. Wel,l I’m sure you are also the type that think females should not walk to the store or go to parties because they might get raped. Heck that would not be the rapist’s fault because the female was there to be victimized. Well I’m not going to waste another minute on the ignorance. In your mind I should take my kid off social media and voila it’s all fixed. Well guess what? Then we don’t find out who was doing this. Then they can hurt my child in person because I had no idea WHO they were? These messages you see here are just the tip of the iceburge. There were over 300 death threats. Most of them pretty specific to place and time. There were also very explicit sexual senerios written out. These were things my kids didn’t even understand because she was raised right. It was frightening to ME as a mom. I will NOT burry my head in the sand. I WILL NOT allow my child to be a statistic. Take care of YOURS and I will take care of MINE.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 2:54 pm
  • Not that I think fighting is okay, but as with most bullies they will back down once you stand up to them. It happened to me in school and as soon as I stood up for myself I never had issues again. Most bullies are cowards with low self esteem. It is their defense mechanism to be a bully so you don’t get bullied. Have your daughter stand up to this girl. She can’t live her life in fear and allow some other girl to make her life miserable. It’s s lesson learned since unfortunately there are also adult bullies.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 2:27 pm
    • Home schooling=Brain washing.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 4:39 pm
      • If home schooling is brainwashing then its the parents who are doing the brainwashing since they are the ones who are doing the home schooling. Home schooling does not mean a tutor comes to your home and teaches. Home Schooling is more rigorous and subject concentrated then what kids receive in public schools without all the crap their subjected to in public schools

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 12:28 am
  • And this is exactly why I do the Florida virtual school at home with my children. Some kids are cruel!!

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 2:22 pm
    • what happens when they actually get jobs and have to interact with real people? I hate to be the one to break this to you but the real world is loaded with mean people. Unless they get virtual jobs, or live on a remote island some where, they will face negative people and not being thick skinned hurts.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 4:03 pm
  • I hope this gets resolved quickly I know this family and they would help anyone at any time of day. And to you dumbasses doing the victim blaming. What makes you think that you have the right to blame the victim or the parents for letting the kids on social media. Its how kids and family communicate now days because of video chat. And I would have to say that the cops haven’t done their job either they could catch the bully easily. Step1: police call fb and get the IP address off the account that’s being used to bully. Step2: reverse search the IP address through their data base. Step 3: go to house and yada charge the culprit. They could do this in less than a day.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 1:18 pm
  • This person (bully) has a ton of pent up hate, most likely for them self. Counseling needs to be done for this individual to help them work through their issues because this person has a lot. Never ok to bully and it’s appalling that this can happen without consequence. One comment said to take away the social media, I hope that they meant on the bullies side because the girl being bullied shouldn’t have to feel like she’s losing more things in her life from this bully. I hope this gets resolved before anything bad happens. Keep fighting and know that those words are coming from someone who is hurting and is just taking it out on you. Hopefully this person can get some anger management help and counseling to deal with their issues.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 12:23 pm
  • I can’t understand why the Sheriff can’t get their department to trace where all these messages generated from. I know they can. Is it not worth the life of a young teen. Too many commit suicide from being bullied. Generally the person bullying is sick passive aggressive and extremely insecure. They are very jealous of the other person and want them gone so that they possibly may get some attention. Most of the teens being bullied are pretty, handsome and usually intelligent. These bully’s need to be charged and get mental health treatment, they are some of the future murders of our country…..If anyone knows of a friend being bullied be there for them, stand up as a group against these sick insecure individuals…. Nobody has to face this alone…

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 11:58 am
  • Thank heavens that all of these parenting experts came to repeat each other.

Good work, Gracie’s mom. You reacted. That’s all anybody can really do in situations like these. Social media is a regular part of adolescence in 2016. That is reality. You’ve clearly done well with monitoring and making sure your daughter is safe on the internet. Ignore the Pasco/Hernando peanut gallery. There is likely not a full mouth of teeth between all of these advisors. Hang in there.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 9:15 am
  • Here’s a better idea, guys. Teach your children not to bully. You’re acting like social media is the reason she’s getting bullied when it’s really the bully’s fault.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 9:10 am
  • Why is it the 13 yr old’s fault? The person texting her has severe problems and should be treated. Cyber bulling can happen to anyone at any age. All of you who are so flippant about this and give simplistic answers should be ashamed. How about a helpful answer instead of it is all the parent’s fault. I know of a case where a person in their 20’s bullied a woman by threatening to kill her and her new baby with knives to watch the blood drip. That bully ended up in federal prison. Cyber bulling is a federal offence. This isn’t funny or cured by not going online.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 9:05 am
  • So sorry any child has to endure hatred. God loves, evil hates, I feel sorry too for the one who is filled with so much hate for her life must be horrific.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 8:56 am
  • great idea, teach your kids the old sticks and stones logic. my daughters value family and real friends over nonsense. We do this thing also called going outside and actually have fun 4 wheeling, bike riding, going to the gym together, swimming etc. I know this might sound crazy but actually sitting down with your kids and spending time with them will curb the drama and I dont mean sitting down in front of the idiot box, Im talking go for a family walk or discuss things like values and goals with your kids. Put down the phones, tablets, shut the tv off, that all will be there when you get back. I know Ill get some solid hate for it but lay off the cigarettes, and beer, take that money and invest it into something positive. I know that all sounds crazy and mind boggling but just give it a try..Your family and kids might just benefit and you wont have to wonder why your kids are having such issues when they dont have self esteem and positive and educational parental interaction. Your kids look up to you and if you let the tv and social media raise them dont be surprised when something less than desired happens.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 8:22 am
  • Stop being a cyber bully!! Become an anonymous poster on news sites

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 6:54 am
    • lol hypocrites everywhere am i right?

Monday, 27 June 2016, 5:41 am
  • Just recently had a situation at my grandsons summer day camp where a bigger and older boy was bullying my grandson lucky he called his father the boy had him cornered scared to death when my son in law got there the student supervisor was just sitting there doing nothing which in turn being the bullies father the camp blamed my son in law for showing up and stopping it sometimes i think it all goes back to the home life these kids have im scared how our kids have to grow up in a society like this so sad

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 4:33 am
  • @Sally The people here who are blaming the victim suck. This mother said she took the phone away. Of course they are going to want to catch the person not just allow them to get away with it. Nobody in this country wants to stand up to anyone. Just put your heads in the sand. Keep letting these bullies getcaway with it. Then the bullying could be in a child’s face in person or even worse act on threats such as they were written.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 1:40 am
  • The point is not to take your child off of social media the point is that no one should ever say things like this to you or your family about you! Did we all forget that kids look for acceptance aside from their parents?!?! and normally Facebook is a wonderful tool to talk to long lost friends or family members you would not otherwise stay in contact with…threats don’t stop just because you don’t have a social media please stop the ignorance her family does not need the negative comments as you can see they suffered enough!

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 1:38 am
  • The fact of the matter right now is that there is someone harassing Gracie and that needs to be dealt with. Telling her to keep her kids of Facebook is not the issue at this moment. Go look at her comments and you will see that mom took her phone and access from Facebook away. If this kid couldn’t reach her via Facebook or text then she would find other ways to harass her. This needs to be dealt with and made publicly aware to hopefully keep other little ignorant kids from doing this to someone else and potentially causing someone to take their life. Easy to say keep off Facebook but that won’t stop it all. Grace’s mom is doing all the right things to keep her child safety and it’s sad that they feel they can’t leave the house without having to look over their shoulder. Shame on the parents of this bully. My child has a phone, no Facebook but other media outlets and you better believe it I’m always checking what he’s doing. If I saw this behavior there would be hell to pay. Hugs to Gracie.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 1:28 am
  • I have a great idea…take your 13 year old off facebook,that would solve alot of problems.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 12:45 am
  • I can see some “victim blaming here” My kids have limited friends in inr internet her neices and nephew along with older sister and brother in law live out of state. They video chat many times a week. This person who was harassing her did it in their own. He friend request was never accepted, many names were blocked over and over. Yes I took the iPod away and changed the password. I didn’t close the account because I want the person punished. So it’s MY kids fault or MY fault. That’s ridiculous. I didn’t tell this bully to act this way.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 12:38 am
  • The Law needs to be on this ASAP those are threats and should be dealt with this immediately

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 12:31 am
  • Thank you Tom finally a real important subject.I mean that. No sarcasm.These kids need to be stopped.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 11:25 pm
  • Dirty deeds done dirt cheap. That was a great song

Friday, 24 June 2016, 10:33 pm
  • Gracie is my friend and goes to my school and she told me about this and I went to her house and the heart girl texted me ever since I left Gracie’s house I stopped getting text

Friday, 24 June 2016, 10:01 pm
    • Stand by your friend Emma, do NOT let the bully win. Put her texts on ignore and don’t give her the satisfaction of even reading her gibberish.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 11:34 pm
  • Sad, very sad what our society has turned into, agree….forbid facebook & social media for children. Don’t buy them a phone, tablet ect… I’m sure the children don’t buy equipment or pay for their internet service themselves . Shame on parents who allow their children to endure these things.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 9:54 pm
  • Right back at the bastards, it wont take long after you bully back, theres alot of bad ***** behind a screen

Friday, 24 June 2016, 9:33 pm
  • No book… I just wanted to say that was my first thought. However the threats were frightening. I wanted to find the culprit. I changed the password And kept the iPhone in a drawer. The police wanted the account open to find the person. My poor daughter had already missed the last days of school because she was scared. I was scared also. We couldn’t spend the whole summer looking over our shoulders and have it continue in to next school year as they were threatening to do so. The only way to find the person was to let them keep messaging.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 9:04 pm
    • Well hopefully they catch the culprits and they get what is coming to them. Too many children are taking their own lives due to this problem and it needs to be remedied.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 10:14 pm
    • You should think about looking up anti bully hacking groups, they may be able to reverse the situation. I know how this goes and I sympathize with what your daughter is going through. Seems kids that live in so called better environments and even ADULTS have this type of prejudice to those they think are lesser than them especially here in the so called civilized western world. This could lead to a lot of problems for your child self harm drug abuse a lot of stuff due to depression and feeling like a social outcast, I pray that doesn’t happen but I have seen it happen and thus why I express it as a concern and a very real possibility. Sad part is even as we get older this same type of bullying continues just in a more covert way the prejudice never goes away. Poor vs the rich. Predator vs Prey, etc. I hope this situation gets resolved but I fear that it will just continue.

Monday, 27 June 2016, 5:35 am
  • Don’t let your kid on Facebook . Duh! Make them unplug and get into sports.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 9:02 pm
  • How bout the parents get their 13 year old kids off Facebook. And social media

Friday, 24 June 2016, 8:46 pm
  • Where the hell are the parents that they allow their daughter to do this to another child ?! If my daughter did this I’d beat her butt and then no phone,no social media and you’d be wearing good will clothes ! I’d fix this little brat real good if she was my child !

Friday, 24 June 2016, 8:21 pm
  • Parents, it’s best to keep your kids away from social media as long as you can…really, no good comes of it. It diverts their attention from school and studying and hinders development of good social skills. I think it’s made kids worse than when I was growing up in the 60s & 70s. If some “bully” came driving by my house I’d be meeting them with a baseball bat or find out where they live and handle it Brooklyn style, lol. Bullies need to be dealt with the old-fashioned way. Hope they get their ISP info and hunt the degenerates down and arrest them and their parents. Then sue the parents on top of that.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 8:15 pm
  • Dang phone *English!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 8:01 pm
  • Sad! The bully looks to be an idiot trying to be tough when their Englis is horrendous!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 8:00 pm
  • Here’s the answer… get off of all social media and guess what you have no threats. Take that phone and computer away…done!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 7:50 pm
  • why not let a 60 year old with a lot of experience start bullying the bully!!! She wouldn’t know what hit her!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 7:44 pm
  • What the hell is wrong with this kid? Serious mental illness issues there.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 7:29 pm