Man Arrested After Calling 911 Several Times to Help Find His Lost Dog

SPRING HILL – The 911 system is intended for people to report crime, medical emergencies, and other urgent situations that require an immediate response from Law Enforcement or Fire Rescue. Sounds like common-sense but apparently not for one Spring Hill man.

According to officials, Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 1010 Archway Drive early Sunday morning, after the caller reported that his dog was missing.

Deputies made contact with the caller, 57-year-old Eric Nielsen, who advised that he needed help finding his dog and that “there is no emergency but I will keep calling 911 if I want to.” Officials say prior to their arrival, Nielsen called 911 at least 13 times within a 24-hour period.

Based on his refusal to stop calling 911, Nielsen was taken into custody and charged with Misuse of the 911 System.

Nielson has a long history of arrests, including making false reports, criminal mischief, battery, assault, trespassing, and vehicle theft.

Nielsen remains behind bars on a $500 bond.

Nielsen isn’t the only person to face charges of abusing the 911 system. Last December, 56-year-old Tammy Sue McCown was arrested after calling 911 for a ride home to Homosassa. 49-year-old Cathy Jacobs was also jailed in late December, after she called 911 numerous times to complain about Deputies.

RELATED ARTICELS:

Comments
  • Once again I will say there needs to be a program where the elderly are checked on on. I sometimes miss hernando but I really appreciate my new home ( winter garden) the officers here are very compassionate and understanding.

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 3:38 am
  • Guess what people to all you sympathizers on here thinking this poor old man who lost his poor little dog needs all this help compassion excetera after studying his face and his name I realized I have seen him or been in contact with him before possibly within the last year maybe longer I believe I was at his residence before when I once worked for a certain Service Company he looks in the photo like a shell of his former self I believe he lives in the house left to him by his mommy and is possibly a nuisance to his neighbors and it’s known to rent the spare bedrooms in this house to various woman if I recall correctly while there I heard nothing but SOB stories about how hard life is bunch of losers laying around collecting unemployment if any of his neighbors read this site I’m sure they can chime in on who and what this individual is all about I have a pretty damn good memory would love to hear from one of his neighbors post a comment

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 10:44 am
    • You are dangerous and a coward you give nothing to him. I bet you will have someone post a fake message let it go.

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 5:38 pm
      • Yep Surfadude is a cop and this is prime example of why they are dirty they are going to fry this guy now I feel even more sorry for him.

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 5:45 pm
  • Okay folks first thing is is I’ve said once before in a comment I have a very very close relative who is mentally ill so I have great compassion for folks with these types of problems either way doesn’t matter concerning the 911 system is not!!!! to call for your missing dog your kitties puking your lizard has a cricket wedged in his esophagus blah blah blah 911 is for life-threatening situation and or situations only and as for you ENZO that was classic excellent that was classic couldn’t have made up a better one myself

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 4:52 pm
    • Your stupid aren’t you?

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 5:37 pm
      • when trying to boast intelligence over another and using your instead of you’re… you bring significance to the word special… you remind me of this video i watched where the guy yells at another driver to learn how to drive and rear ends another car in the process. you both might be related…

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 11:10 pm
        • Please remember when you start a sentence you need to capitalize the first letter of the sentence and to capitalize the I so the i is not used, and why are you using …..? Please try read a book instead of watching videos on the rules on driving. Your intelligent? Lmao

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 10:04 am
        • Forethought lol yes

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 7:11 pm
      • You’re*

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 7:17 pm
  • And 2 all you people that think calling 911 for non emergencies is right your also a dumb a$$. There are other numbers to call if you need help. Sick or not sick there is a thing called commen sence which isn’t so common I guess.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 12:10 pm
    • I will take a wild guess your a cop and a prime example why the lowered the questions on the civil service tests 1×1= ? Try read hard there ‘The Punisher’ what are thoes other numbers that ppl call when they are in need? You see most ppl do not trust the deputies down here in the good ole boy area.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 1:19 pm
      • There is no civil service test in Florida dumbass. There are suicide hotline’s, alcohol hotlines, drug abuse hotline’s, and even Dcf Is out there. So get a clue

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 4:46 pm
        • Well thank God for that huh? Your so dumb your I doesn’t have a Q. And I think WE ALL know about those numbers dick lips. Anything else?

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 5:43 pm
          • Sobeit Go back up north your not welcome here. If you knew about those numbers then why did you ask genius. Your talking out of your ass. You don’t know anything about the way the system works here.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 6:38 pm
            • I pay your salary moron. See I didn’t ask for the resources I asked for the NUMBERS. Of course I don’t know how things work here because I can’t believe that this horrible system gets by with all the illegal it gets a pass on it. I advise you to open a book read (if you can) and I hope your boyfriend understands that you can’t help that you have a small

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 8:59 am
          • @SOBEIT AINT YOU THE ONE THAT WAS SMACK OUT HER HEAD ON METH AND CALLED 911 ?????? asking for a friend

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 6:57 am
            • AINT? Lmao

Friday, 9 February 2018, 9:08 am
  • that cathy one was only 49 ???

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 7:48 am
  • This man needed help NOT JAIL. Bipolar is not an offense it’s a disease – sometimes debilitating. And,yes, no merci it could be the dog is his only friend – his security blanket, so to speak, – he can pour out his sadness, confusion, loneliness to. To WTFudge, I didn’t get a sense of no merci being a jokester THIS TIME but maybe you know him personally – I don’t. VERY SAD THAT HE’S ONLY 57 AND HAS SUCH A HORRIBLE STATION IN LIFE. Jail only terrifies him more and aggravates the condition. BUT IT WILL NET A FEW BUCKS FOR HERNANDO SHERIFFS OFFICE. I’VE BEEN TOLD BY PEOPLE WHO ARE BONDSMEN THAT WHEN JAILED THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE RECEIVES MONEY FROM THE STATE/FEDS. GOD HELP THIS MAN AND THE SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS ON THE CURRENT EARTH!!!

Monday, 5 February 2018, 11:29 pm
    • Poor man doesn’t his pic say help me? Another disgusting reason why this sheriff office stinks and they don’t only need be called when death is about to happen the public aka they people who pay them will say that this has to stop and sheriff Numbnuts needs to go along with his deplorable deputies. I hope this guy gets out of jail and most importantly finds his dog. Shameful……..

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 5:31 am
      • REALLY PUT THE DESCRIPTION OF THE DOG OUT INSTEAD OF LOCKING THE POOR DUDE UP !!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 1:05 pm
      • @SOBEIT YOU REALLY GOING TO BRING UP HIS MUGSHOT ????? jes sayin 🙂

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 9:05 am
    • People like you are the reason Donald Trump won the election. Looking to defend people’s bad behavior at every turn,virtue signaling is so 2014, grow the f*** up buttercup.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 8:01 am
      • TRUMP WON BECAUSE HILLIARY IS SOOOOOOOOOOO CROOKED SHE WILL NEED TO BE SCREWED INTO THE GROUND WHEN SHE CROAKS !!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 2:00 pm
        • @Enzo, Hilarious post, I agree.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 3:29 pm
  • Any details on the dog? Type, color, where it went missing?

Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:22 pm
  • Sad story, especially if the deputies know he is bipolar. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain, some don’t like to take the meds as the high can be invigorating, and the lows= drpression. Personally I think he should have been taken to a hospital if they knew he was bipolar, the hospital could have probably given him something TO GET HIM STABLE? I FEEL SORRY FOR HIM, looks fragile physically as well. We never know how things will turn out for us, or our children, people need more compassion for the human race period. Jail is not the answer for him! Wtfudge and Tom b. Agree with ur posts.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 9:41 pm
    • Tom since you called me out again for calling 911 abuse I will tell you again I have been fighting cancer for 12 yrs now I woke up with a horrible headache I drove or tried to get myself to the hospital I couldn’t see and I pulled over and called 911 they were very concerned about me since they had to stick me 5 times to get a vein and didn’t flinch and then after a horrible experience I left the hospital I was walking outside in dark at 1am and didn’t know where I was I’m a senior citizen and know I cannot defend myself and 2 punk cops did me horrible and they told me to walk home I had no money for a cab and after walking 2 miles they were picked dialed and then after walking in complete darkness I thought I was in citrus county I have tape of my address to where it was pitch black and have pictures of myself black and blue coming out of jail and my bond was 1k and here you go again and trying to degrade me because I called you out for doing what you did to me with my horrible mug shot a a lie of a story and you are frightened by the dirty cops well so do I, I am a poor sick elderly lady who is going to fight and show my innocence with facts don’t be a crybaby I was going to get on here and throw in the towel to you, what did I do to you? Stand like a man because I am standing as a strong woman and what ever you want to say and do against me there is KARMA and karma doesn’t forget a address I wish you well.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:37 pm
      • Sorry to hear your stories, but thank you for pointing out that the report was not true or altered by the reporter,I just confronted him this week about an incident that totally didn’t make a bit of sense, and unfortunately it was only one side of the story at that.there was several lines added to it that it was never on this earth even said.pretty much to sum things up he has the right to report what ever he decided to report ,true or false,and then the community believes it because it’s on the internet.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 11:44 pm
      • Your story makes NO sense. Why did you not go to Citrus Memorial hospital? Why did you not call a friend or family member to take you home? And WHY did they stick you FIVE times to find a vein? They aren’t supposed to stick anyone that many times!
        Could it be because you are a junkie who has no good veins left? I’m just curious. [email protected]

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 12:01 am
        • I have never had any good veins and after going through phlebotomy school and nursing school from practicing on each other could be a reason plus after 40 bags of chemotherapy is a real big reason and being dehydrated is a reason do you need any more educating about being a hard stick and by the way they did a drug screen and all was negative. My choice of good hospitals is at a flip of a coin did you not read that I had a horrible horrible headache and with my history of fighting cancer for 12 years and what it has done to me I do not have problems getting prescribed pain meds and I take otc meds. You must be really stupid to think that being in a squad and the medic going ‘ok I stuck her 3 times I have to stop I will wait’ is so laughable that your ignorance stinks though my computer screen. I drove myself to the hospital is not even a factor in my abuse from the undereducated police and obviously you; it should mean nothing even if I was a IV drug user now anything else dumbass?

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 5:15 am
          • No money , nobody to help you and let me guess you don’t have a job or insurance. Typical trash resident you are. FYI you don’t get bad veins from phlebotomy school dumb a$$

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 12:02 pm
            • I have insurance and big boy not everybody is a great specimen like yourself and carry around hundreds like you do precious, and please-read my whole comment if you can and I did give 3 other reasons for my lack of veins and why are you so pissed at me for? Are you one of the dirty cops that got yelled at? Well honey everything will be ok go and jack off in your cruiser again. Why are the dirty cops the dumbest? You are undereducated, overpaid bully with a badge. You sound ignorant on top of that but precious maybe you can go and beat up a innocent woman or old man or a mentally ill person to make your pathetic life seem worthy of the ppl that pay your salary ie ME.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 4:38 pm
          • my heart goes out to you my wife had a huge amount of chemo and she is a hard stick as well !! E.M.T. DOES NOT HAVE THE 3 STICK RULE !! SAVING A LIFE COMES BEFORE THAT !!! HOWEVER TOM GOES BY WHAT THE POLICE REPORT SAYS !!!! I CAN’T BLAME HIM EITHER !!! THE METH HEAD @ 49 IS A DIFF STORY !! 🙂

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 2:49 pm
            • Thank you Jimbo it has been horrible and I know about medics can stick you as much as they can that asshole said that the medics can’t stick you more than I was and I was being senical. And I can understand Tom and find him a warrior for fighting the injustice in the legal system and the law enforcement. I want my day in court to show them that I was treated horrible by these cops and I had seizures while in jail and was ruffed up from the guards for what four 911 calls I had walked over 4 miles in complete darkness and have my arrest on tape and I want this never to happen to a other lady again. I hope your wife is good and survives for 100 more years. 🌹

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 5:09 pm
              • I pray all works out for you sweetness !!! I have no clue why so many folks attack Tom he is doing us the people a great service !!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 1:26 pm
  • Rule of thumb is never help a friend, neighbor, or anybody in need……right Hernando County Sheriff Office? Obviously, this gentleman is troubled and was in severe stress… instead of sending over an officer to talk w/ him and possibly help him find his dog. Lock him up and cause additional stress and trouble… Very, very rarely will an HCSO deputy help a resident in need. That is unlike State Troopers that are trained, unbiased, professionals who will lend a hand in a heart beat. After all these years you’d think this trend would start to change but it never does.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 8:34 pm
  • Eric is bipolar and just got out of jail days before……he has medication to take, but if he doesn’t take it, well, this is the result, he needs more supervision that the roommate he has. Police know he’s bipolar and they continually lock him up….instead of helping him.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:45 pm
    • To the neighbors I’m Tammy and was arrested too I did NOTHING to warrant a arrest I called them 4 times for help 1 time they got me out of my car and I went to hospital I am a elderly lady fighting cancer it was black dark at 3am I needed help they thought I was my twin sister who they hate. I can’t wait for my court day I bet your friend is a good guy they recently arrested a 70 yr old woman for assault against a LEO and that is a serious felony she open hand smacked the cops chest we pay their salary to serve and protect doesn’t it seem weird that is is the sick, elderly and the mentally ill that they love to arrest?

Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:47 pm
      • You are NOT elderly, I read your arrest sheet & saw your mugshot. I will say you look at least 10 years older than you are.
        I guess all those pain meds have aged you, right? And because you’ve been on them for so many years you needed to start shooting them into your veins, am I right?
        We’re not stupid, the signs are all there.
        Suck it up buttercup, we know what you are!

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 7:20 pm
        • It’s is McCown ya MORON, now walk away from the pipe, you got it now lay it down go take your badge off when you are in your mothers bras and undies and her hose are expensive so take it easy on the make up too

Wednesday, 14 February 2018, 4:46 pm
  • mans best friend lol

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:40 pm
  • Poor man…no one seems to have an ounce of compassion anymore…smh 😢

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:26 pm
  • This dude may be a bit off kilter, but I do hope his dog comes back! Sounds like it’s his only friend.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 6:15 pm
    • Could be his only friend. Imagine that happening to your dad…bet you wouldn’t be so quick to joke. Careful, cuz Karma is a royal b#tch…

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:29 pm
      • I didnt mean it as a joke.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 7:37 am