Man Barricaded Inside Home Taken Into Custody – Two Children Unharmed

SPRING HILL – Around 6:00 PM this evening, deputies responded to a residence at the 11000 block of LaGorce Ave, after reports of a possible suicide threat.

According to our sources, when a deputy approached the residence, a man displayed a firearm and barricaded himself inside.

Officials soon learned that two young children were inside the residence with the armed suspect.

Deputies immediately evacuated residents from surrounding homes and began attempts to negotiate with the suspect by loud speaker.

A SWAT team arrived on the scene and just before 7:30 PM entry was made into the residence, where the suspect surrendered and was taken into protective custody.

Moments later, two children exited the residence and appeared to be unharmed.

According to officials, the suspect will be evaluated for a possible Baker Act; therefore we are not releasing the man’s identity at this time.

SO 2 SO 3 SO 4 So 5 So 6 SO 7 So 8 so1

Comments
  • Thank god the children were not physically harmed. Hopefully this family received the help they need. Great story Tom.

Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 8:45 pm
  • Good life story move on Newcomb.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 10:45 pm
  • Great job to the Hernando County Deputies that put there life on the line to save others. Thank You for all you do.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 10:09 pm
  • Isn’t just lovely to drive down the street and see an awesome meth house near by and then you turn the and a beautiful house all shoot up…i have a pair of rose colored glasses now and i see what you…oh its so beautiful

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 9:43 pm
  • Beebs: owe didn’t learn about the caps lock in Hernando County schools. You made my point for me.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 9:24 pm
  • Why is it when a HUMAN BEING, is having a troubled time in their life,, some people only point out the negative aspects of the story??? You are seeing a HUMAN BEING at a low point in their life,,.. I guess you are perfect??? Perfect doesn’t exist,,, he needs help, not judgement,,,

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 7:51 pm
  • what we need is help for these people to get them on the right road

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 7:04 pm
  • hEY pURDY…HAVE YOU BEEN TO pASCO COUNTY ?? SOME AREAS ARE WORSE THAN sPRING hILL EVER WAS OR WILL BE…SAME IS TRUE FOR tAMPA AND DON’T GET ME STARTED ON oRLANDO…POINT IS, THERE ARE GOOD AND BAD EVERYWHERE

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 6:55 pm
  • My point is, it’s hardly something to make fun of.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 4:36 pm
  • I think it’s hard for people, including the police to recognize and understand mental health issues. I deal with it with my mother. Bi polar is a real disease, and when you have to deal with someone you love having a disease like this, it’s very difficult and depressing at times. I think people should have more compassion. I see it everyday, and I still have a hard time understanding.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 4:34 pm
  • Newcomb blah blah blah your so long winded and obnoxiously opionated no one really finishes your rants and if I had a father like you I’d deffinately do whatever I had to in order to get out of the house . blah blah blah…

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 2:50 pm
  • They should change the sign that’s on the corner of Spring Hill Dr. and US 19 that welcomes people to Spring Hill and change it to “Welcome to Crime Hill.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 2:39 pm
  • Being suicidal is a thought not an action. When a person commits suicide that’s an action not a thought.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 2:15 pm
  • You want to know what i have done…i step out in front of it all and stand my ground and chase these fckn loser like you from my neighborhood…i wont put up with it…i take pictures…i talk to these kids and fools and try to get them to think different and be something even if i have to stick my finger in their eye…so please tell me what you do…please tell me i want to know other then hiding in my house doin behind certains…do come show me

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 1:08 pm
    • I can see you’re hurting as much as the thugs of whom you speak. I’m sorry that you are hurting. It’s always only a spiritual solution, all the way around. Yelling at someone “Change your mind!” doesn’t do it. I see that I’m doing the same with you. And so I bow out, as I’ve had my say with you. Good luck with your endeavors, many blessings.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 5:00 pm
  • Here we go the spring hill talkers are chiming in….heez ah frend uf mine u dont no ah thing hee iz a guud fartha sew kepe da comets two yur self…lol…surprise the gustapo didn’t blow up the house..

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 12:48 pm
  • When someone is TRULY suicidal, they don’t threaten, they commit. I bungee jumped one time, it was all the thrill of killing myself without the commitment.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 10:23 am
  • Some of you locals should got out more, maybe realize Hernando County is seriously screwed up. Buy my house and I’d be out of here in a heart beat, the Appalachia of Florida.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 9:29 am
  • Let me just state ive had a job sense the day i got out of school been self-employed sense 1985 and still self-employed and i hold myself accountable for every action ive ever done in live pay taxes and dont put up with dumb ass like you….i own 5 houses got two childen that are productive in life…both graduated high school and work very hard…so if im not talking you and call you what you are kiss my white cracker ass if you have the balls too…but you probably one of these fcks that do nothing… loser…so with that said get a life and if you really have something to say please tell me where…see i would even tell my children or friends they are screwing up in life and i dont tell them they have adhd nor tell them they are bipolar like the you would…loser…i want my kids to be something more then a pill head no do nothing in life…see i dont have time for you or idiots as yourself and was born with the right to speak my mind…and you have a problem with that i really dont know what to tell you… people like you that give people an excuse to do what they do your the reason we have these problems in this county and I’ll step out with or out with the best of and speak my piece so go join them because im not i have better things to do…i will sacrifice my life for whats right will you probably not…ive had a bad childhood and that why im the way i am…right…get over it and get a life and be something then a little bitch…come and stand up if you want

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 9:19 am
    • Hmm. Did you just blame your past for your present thinking? Here’s another truth for you.

“The Past is Irrelevant to Your Present State of Mental Well-being.”

Each moment is a new moment to think and live new thoughts. We live in the feeling of our thinking moment by moment, Be aware of your thoughts, and don’t follow, or attach yourself, to thoughts that do not serve you (as in serving your mental well-being). I know that few people realize this, but we can change the world around us by changing ourselves, and by being a light in this world.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 12:19 pm
  • Newcomb…..it’s people like you that are the real trash! If you don’t like it here so much, then why don’t you leave? Maybe it’s because you probably don’t have any money. I guess McDonald’s isn’t raising their wages yet huh? All of you negative people make me sick. That’s the real problem with this town. Everyone has something bad to say, When they don’t know who or why and how. They just cast people into the fire after reading a headline.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 8:23 am
  • The roads are now open for you to leave. Take i-95 north till it ends. Start camping.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 7:05 am
  • Please remember here that we are only getting the police side of the story. Time and time again we’ve found their story is just what makes them look best and far from the truth.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 6:32 am
  • Seems like its the same people that comment negative bs all the time on every one of these stories like what you have to say is so important or maybe just makes your life seem less pathetic

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 4:12 am
  • If he is baker acted and I’m sure he was then he will be held for 72 hours and evaluated by a doctor. He will not be let out in 12 hours and will be given proper phychiatric help with or without insurance. He deserves to be treated like a human being.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 2:19 am
  • He looks like a kid to me. The article did not say he is their father. If he is a father I can see how this economy for a young father could put a lot of stress on him. Jobs that you can’t possibly support a family on. I know a lot of times it’s because of poor choices.The choice of suicide solves absolutely nothing. Hope he gets help for the sake of, the children if they are his and himself. HCSO must have done it right.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 1:29 am
  • Mrs. Taylor, she said it right!
    Good job too.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 1:22 am
  • Dont care and lj fck you and the horse you road in on…trust me i cant wait to get the hell out of this down falling town and away from you fools

Monday, 3 August 2015, 11:22 pm
    • Need help packing? What is the hold up? Just GO ALREADY…
      you are all talk and bitching but no action. What have YOU done to improve YOUR neighborhood?
      Stop complaining and start doing something about it.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 10:10 am
    • Wherever you go, there you are, don’t you know. What does that mean? If you’re so negative here, so judgmental, you’ll bring that attitude, those thought patterns, with you to your ‘new’ place. Let me know if you’re the first to escape THAT reality.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 11:14 am
  • We don’t know the whole story so we shouldn’t judge him. He may have issues surrounding his reason for being suicidal. Praying he gets the help he needs. Have some compassion.

Monday, 3 August 2015, 10:37 pm
  • I hope someday all you POS have this never happen to you or a family member. Sometimes the hand in life dealt is not so good all of the time. Hope you all have a great life with no rockey roads. One bump can set someone off to do something like this. Hope he gets help and the children can also .

Monday, 3 August 2015, 10:32 pm
  • Maybe some of u on here need to shut your mouth with your negative comments. Sometimes people go through hard moments in life that does not mean he’s a monster. He’s a great father who just is going through something

Monday, 3 August 2015, 9:55 pm
  • Here we go again and people state that springhill is not infested with trash….i see other wise…and now he will waste your hard earned tax dollars…now that makes me angry…hey but give him some more pulls he will be ok in the morning …but what the hell do i know…other then my spelling is little rusty…or maybe im just a dumb ass cracker omg did i just call myself that sure hope i wasn’t politically correct on that…no one is ever held accountable for their actions…

Monday, 3 August 2015, 9:45 pm
    • You really need to move out if you really hate it here so much Newcomb, every story on every page, you bit*h, just move already

Monday, 3 August 2015, 10:36 pm
  • Compassion..wow, what a novel idea.

Monday, 3 August 2015, 9:44 pm
  • They shoulda put a round through his skull…let the demons out! And someone should slap his mother for dressing him like a POS!

Monday, 3 August 2015, 9:35 pm
  • I’m actually surprised there isn’t one fat cop in any of those shots! This is a first!!!

Monday, 3 August 2015, 9:15 pm
  • Sending prayers to all involved!

Monday, 3 August 2015, 9:12 pm
  • Let’s make sure he is not released in 12 hours because he doesn’t have insurance. He clearly needs some assistance. That’s where the second part of this story is.

Monday, 3 August 2015, 9:10 pm
  • If this man was suicidal, then he has mental health issues. I am glad the kids are OK and I hope he gets the proper help. I know it can be hard to feel compassion for people sometimes so calling someone a POS because his pants aren’t pulled up is unnecessary and unfair, especially when we don’t know the details.

Monday, 3 August 2015, 8:48 pm
    • Well said Kathydc, This young man needs help not put downs for the way he’s dressed.

Monday, 3 August 2015, 10:27 pm
  • I agree mrs Taylor,,,lol,,,,great job hcso

Monday, 3 August 2015, 8:45 pm
  • omg!!!Cant believe i was right there and seen all of this!!!! People are crazy and need to be evaluated before having kids

Monday, 3 August 2015, 8:36 pm
  • He needs to be Baker acted til he learns how to pull his pants up.What a POS!!

Monday, 3 August 2015, 8:33 pm
  • So glad those children are okay! I heard the sirens go past Northcliffe and was wondering what happened. Scary since my friend and family live just around the block from where this happened. Thanks Tom!

Monday, 3 August 2015, 8:30 pm
  • Thank God the kids are safe. And the deputies great job HCSO. Damn those deputies looking fine in those uniforms. Thanks Tom good report

Monday, 3 August 2015, 8:26 pm