Man Beats Family Dog to Death with Flashlight – Tries to Hide Remains

BROOKSVILLE – According the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, at approximately 10:48 p.m., deputies responded to 7331 High Corner Road in reference to the beating death of the family’s pet dachshund.

Deputies spoke to the dachshund’s owner, Thomas Niederhelman, who advised his son, 23-year-old Justin Niederhelman, admitted to repeatedly striking the dachshund in the head with a flashlight. The 7-year-old dachshund eventually succumbed to its injuries.

Thomas Niederhelman told deputies that Justin attempted to hide the dog’s body by wrapping it in a blanket and hiding it in a bag of dog food. He then placed the bag outside.

During questioning, Justin Niederhelman denied being at the residence; however, Mary Niederhelman, confirmed her son had been at the residence earlier in the day.

Justin Niederhelman was previously arrested on 07-21-15 in reference to a felony domestic violence case involving his father. As a condition of his pre-trial release Justin was not to have contact with Thomas Niederhelman.

Justin Niederhelman is charged with one count of Animal Cruelty in addition to Violation of his Pre-Trial Release. Niederhelman remains behind bars at the Hernando County Jail – held without bond.

Niederhelman

Comments
  • Yes i told tom days ago to research it…and been telling everyone about that crap…someone told me flakka in Spanish means skinny…we the people need to wake the hell up, and some of the problems are we the people because we don’t fight nor do we stand up for fellow American no matter what nationality you are…practice our rights that We have as a USA citizen

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 3:40 pm
  • Tom, check out flakka and krokodil. Both are upcoming designer drugs that are wicked bad and cheap. Terrible combination.

Also, might I suggest looking into the prevalence of dual diagnosis of mental illness/substance abuse and repeat violent offenders. I truly believe that a lack of mental health care and training in that area exacerbates the issue for all of us in our community.

Try NAMI for reliable information.

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 6:36 am
  • Look at his pupils, its meth.

Monday, 17 August 2015, 10:33 pm
  • Scary…I’ve seen things i would wish I’ve never seen in life, but this really blow my mind…everyone take a look…flakka…get ready for the worse its here…i also just found out in Spanish flakka mean skinny

Monday, 17 August 2015, 5:35 pm
  • Hey mr tom…I’ve just red and seen a video on this new drug thats hitting the streets called flakka, omg was i heartbreaking. If any of the readers on here not seen it, i recommend everyone take a look…ill have nightmares about…i was wondering mr tom if you have any stories or anything on it so everyone can see what’s coming our way shoot it might already be here i dont know and maybe we can do something about it…i’m freaked out and I thought I’ve seen it all. People check this out and get ready for the worse to come…i’m freaking

Monday, 17 August 2015, 4:37 pm
  • I always bash the one that deserve it…ill even bash myself when needed

Monday, 17 August 2015, 4:29 pm
  • Great job everybody, Well done.

Monday, 17 August 2015, 3:01 pm
  • Well for once everyone all got it right and agreed with each other. Not one person here disagreed and no one bashed anyone other than the scum bag who committed this terrible crime.

Monday, 17 August 2015, 3:00 pm
  • Let me start by saying this is horrible and the man should be punished to the full extent of the law…however i find it incredible how upset people get over animal abuse yet turn a blind eye to all other crime specifically against our peers neighbors and community

Monday, 17 August 2015, 12:54 pm
  • No Kerry, most of us are not as “sick” as this guy. If you think most people beat and kill animals for no reason, than you need to go to bay care.

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 3:22 pm
  • Oh so when he gets out and beats you with his flashlight, I’ll say your just a human and hav no concern

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 1:26 pm
  • Please sign petition to ensure that this heartless person will pay dearly for his deeds! This man is without doubt a social danger. It is imperative he received the maximum penalty available under current laws. There is absolutely no reason for not prosecuting him to the fullest extent of the law.

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 5:23 pm
  • Agree my 2 cents…what next kids, neighbors, friends or worse

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 5:22 pm
  • Haha Tom ^ why get mad at you for reporting stories? As for the story, this is disgusting. Wtf Is wrong with people. That’s a future serial killer right there!

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 4:56 pm
  • Yes that is disgusting and you wonder how someone could do that. I just hope all of these people on here saying that is the worst thing and saying he is mentally disturbed Are people
    Who also think planned parenthood is disgusting too!

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 3:44 pm
  • Just alittle practice for when he comes after Dad next time…….Kill him now.

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 3:15 pm
  • Barry, what in the hell is wrong with you? It’s just a dog, how about someone saying that you are just a poor excuse for a human and do the same to you. How dare you to have the nerve to say that.

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 1:47 pm
  • tom lemons, you must love posting stuff like this to let other people know how sick they are. Your one of a kind. Ever try posting about THE GOOD IN THE COMMUNITY! second hand smut reporter at his best. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 1:07 pm
      • Tom I would like to thank you for all your great work out there and keeping us informed on what’s going on. Lord knows we have a lot of sick people in our communities and we need to be aware. The news does not report on this “small” stuff, so the ignorant people that say you’re reporting second hand smut will never understand. They’re part of the problem ! Someone posted the charges this kid has on him since 2010. It’s a laundry list. They need to come down harder on these kinds of crimes. It’s not “just a dog” , it’s a living, breathing creature of God.
        Thanks again Tom !! Keep up the great work.

Monday, 17 August 2015, 1:21 pm
    • If we didn’t have news like this a lot of people would never know how much sickness and evil is around them! If one person becomes more alert and prepared (just in case) something bad is happening around or to them, and they’re able to react swiftly and accordingly because they ARE more aware, then the story did it’s job. To Tom Lemons; Great Job, keep em coming! As for all the animal abusers, I classify them right down there with the baby rapers. Each one of their lives is worth something. And that something is a twenty-five cent BULLET!

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 9:24 am
  • I can’t even read the story after just reading the headline but I must say for the First time ever I enjoyed scrolling and reading some of the comments especially the guy who said he wants to get arrested just so he could beat this guy up. I hope someone beats the crap out of this guy!

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 12:58 pm
  • So sad. We have 3 dachshunds and they are great dogs. #dachshundlivesmatter

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 12:36 pm
  • He was jealous of the dog and the affection it was given. This person is most likely mentality disturbed and will offended again!

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 9:00 am
  • Its just a dog.He may of been a little angry that day. Lets give the guy a break. he;s been through enough

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 7:36 am
    • Just a dog? Seriously? I am as liberal as they get but seriously? Get a clue friend. It is NEVER okay to do something like this. Never. Ever. Wow, your statement has got to be the most out there I have read on here. Just, wow.

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 10:55 am
  • I would be happy to cave this ****** skull in with a mag light and save HCSO some time

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 6:58 am
    790.10 – WEAPON OFFENSE [1ct(s)]
    948.06 – PROB VIOLATION [1ct(s)]
    784.08.2c – BATTERY [1ct(s)]
    828.12.2 – CONSERVATION-ANIMALS [1ct(s)]
    741.29.6 – CONDIT RELEASE VIOLATION [1ct(s)]
    784.08.2a – AGGRAV BATTERY [1ct(s)]
    can you say career criminal?, what is wrong with the judges when he this kid goes in front of them?, theses are his charges ALLPUBLIC RECORDS, from 11/30/2010, ’till now!!!!!, Time for a longer jail sentence JUDGE!!!

Friday, 14 August 2015, 9:54 pm
  • HEY FOLKS LOOK IN THE MIRROR MOST OF YOU ARE JUST AS SICK AS THIS GUY

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:58 pm
    • If I EVER saw ANYONE trying to beat my dog, they better pray that the sheriffs department gets to them before I do. What’s next? He’s sick, so let him beat my daughter or granddaughter ?? I THINK NOT !!!!

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 5:34 pm
  • Omg mr tubbs…i like you, i only have a small flashlight but will shine the light on the subject so you can see properly.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:50 pm
  • Oops crap I had a typo. At the end I meant sex offenders. Sorry

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:34 pm
  • This is the type who should be on a registry along with sex offenders. He’s just as bad! But FL don’t have a violent offender database just sec offenders.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:33 pm
  • Hello I know him. His parents were outside when he did this unspeakable crime. He needs lots of help. His father is elderly and by NO Means is responsible. Im not sticking up for him because I hope they slam the maximum on his ***.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:25 pm
  • I’d like 34601 to report the people that are leaving the dog tied to the tree. The ones that just acquired 6 puppies. This sounds a lot like a dog fighting set up to me. Please get involved and save a life.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:23 pm
    • I’d even foster the dogs !!! I have a pit that was a rescue from a fighting ring in Brooksville. She’s a very sweet dog, but, I have retrained her completely in italian.

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 4:39 pm
  • Hey Sheriff AL….

I got a new flashlight. Send that punk over here to me. I want to show it to him……

Friday, 14 August 2015, 6:43 pm
  • Its really sick, but whats really sick is now we the people and animals that love animals and human life and life in general will pay the altameant price. And even sicker is the people that think they can fix him and will let him free. Hey i was at the zoo the other day and that poor lion looked a little thin he sure could use a little extra meat on them bone. The lion was licking his chops looking at like a steak lol made me nervous

Friday, 14 August 2015, 6:24 pm
  • Is it just me or is evil becoming more prevalent?

Friday, 14 August 2015, 6:13 pm
  • Don’t they say serial killers start out by killing animals RIP PUP!!!
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE, WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE DO THIS

Friday, 14 August 2015, 5:58 pm
  • His arrest report should have stated “The suspect resisted arrest, that’s why he is so banged-up! Then he tried to run, but ran into a wall, repeatedly.!” And the Police should stick to that story, no matter what.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 5:35 pm
  • Little boy, I hope they take good care of you in jail 🙂

Friday, 14 August 2015, 5:31 pm
  • i want to get arrested so i can BASH your head in !!!!!!!Justin Niederhelman..when you get out ill find you

Friday, 14 August 2015, 5:25 pm
  • Hope he gets beat in jail just like the poor dog did. Sick person.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 5:13 pm
  • If there was a no contact order with the father, then, why was he with the father? Why didn’t the father call and report him? The father is responsible, too.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 4:23 pm
  • I’m sick of it myself. But know what even sickens me even worse, now people say oh he needs help. There is no help for sick humans like that, just like there’s no help for murders, child molesters nor rapist and even sicker to think there’s help for them…for give me but that just terrible and even hard fathom

Friday, 14 August 2015, 4:00 pm
    • There’s help for him. It’s called Haldol.They need to keep him in solatary confinement and let him do the haldol shuffle all day and night.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 5:57 pm
  • Here is what I would like to know. IF they knew what he was doing, then why didn’t they try to stop him?? They obviously knew he was unstable. That poor dog.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 3:54 pm
  • Maybe the parents should have kicked him out after his battery charge against his father after all he is 23 time to move out and be a big boy.They obviously let him come back. And whoever commented on drugs looks to me he was being a crybaby not drugs. Lesson to the bond comment when your out on pretrial release and you commit new charges therefore you violate those conditions Judge had set you get no bond ?

Friday, 14 August 2015, 3:06 pm
  • That son of a bitch deserves to rot in jail! I’m sick and tired of all the animal abuse happening lately – the punishment needs to be much stiffer than it is!

Friday, 14 August 2015, 3:03 pm
  • If this thing beat a dog to death at this time in his life, what the heck did he do when he was a child. I am sure this is not the first time. He should sit in jail for the rest of his life.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 2:28 pm
  • Officers have my permission to beat this moron with flashlights for as long as they please. I’m so sick of these stories.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 1:44 pm
  • Horrible, makes me sick!! I can’t even imagine what would ever make someone do this. I miss my Lil doxie Bubba so much and this brakes my heart. Poor dog, in a better place for sure.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 1:35 pm
  • Someone should beat him over the head with something ! POS !!

Friday, 14 August 2015, 1:22 pm
  • Pos and again look at him it’s drugs

Friday, 14 August 2015, 1:17 pm
  • I don’t understand why they didn’t just kill him right then….

Friday, 14 August 2015, 1:07 pm
  • What the hell is wrong with people?

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:55 pm
  • Sounds like he needs the same done to him….HE’S A REAL POS…..

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:54 pm
  • Finally they got the bond issue right !!!! I hope he gets beat in jail. That poor defenseless dog !!

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:47 pm
  • POS!!! Lock him up and throw away the key! One charge of animal cruelty for killing this poor dog is not enough! He needs to be off the streets for good! This makes me sick!!!

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:40 pm
  • How about my two German Shepherds exact some revenge for their dead canine brother

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:24 pm
  • Hope another Inmate gives him the same treatment. Then he needs a bullet to brain.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:22 pm
  • OMFG! WTF did that precious dog do to him. Animal abuse is a felony in ALL STATES now. NAIL HIS AZZ TO THE WALL! I would like to take a flashlight to his head.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:18 pm
  • He is a real sick person, he should be put away, the next time it will be a person.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:18 pm
  • animal abuse is the worst, this kid has serious issues I pray he gets beat in jail l.. why have animals you don’t care for and abuse, my heart goes out to these animals… on mlk there’s a poor dog tied to a tree daily and even when it’s pouring he’s outside and it’s nice to know this family also has acquired 6 innocent pitbull puppies as well .. if you can’t take care of one poor dog why get 6 more… animal abusers need the same thing that they do to the animals to happen to them. ?

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:18 pm
    • report it! Animal abuse is against the law and if he is mistreated they will take the dog and possibly the puppies too. They may be using for fighting.

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 1:33 pm
  • This is as bad as it gets before he starts killing children! This pos needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. REST IN PEACE YOU POOR SWEET BABY.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:16 pm
  • What is wrong with people? WORTHLESS POS & should spend a long time in prison and band for ever owning a pet no matter what it is.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:15 pm