Man Blames Passenger for Possessing His Marijuana, Then Claims Medical Use

SPRING HILL – A Hernando Beach man is out on bond today, after he was arrested for possessing marijuana that he says is used for medical purposes.

Florida legalized marijuana for medical use back in 2016 but users still have to request a prescription from a certified physician, and then travel to one of only a handful of dispensaries around the state to purchase the marijuana.

On Wednesday, Sheriff’s Deputies conducted a traffic on a vehicle driven by 19-year-old Aaron Meininger. Once the vehicle came to stop at Sable Street and Everett Ave, a male passenger immediately exited the vehicle. Deputy Brandon Alonso ordered him to return to the vehicle, at which point the passenger stated that Meininger tried to throw weed on the floorboard in front of him, and that he didn’t want any part of it.

Deputy Alonso discovered a Cheez-it race car tin containing several individually wrapped bags of marijuana. Meininger stated, “I use this weed for medical purposes but I do not have a license for it.” Meininger further explained that he wrapped them separately, so that he could weigh the individual “doses.”

In all, Dep. Alonso seized 21.6 grams of marijuana, a digital scale, and a pipe.

Meininger is charged with possession with intent to sell and possession of paraphernalia.

The passenger was not charged.

Comments
  • He’s 19? What? He looks like he’s in his 40s. Wow what happened

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 11:18 pm
    • He’s 29. He was just arrested again this morning for robbing a funeral home.

Friday, 2 February 2018, 10:39 pm
  • @Just saying…”Ive smoked with active off duty cops a couple times.” Then they are criminals also. I personally don’t care. I have friends who smoke. I dont, just my personal choice. But your cop buddies need to turn in their badges. They are disobeying laws they swore to uphold.

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 8:46 pm
    • sorry, but Dep Alonso has never done drugs and I’m proud of him for taking care of business. not all law enforcement are criminals, stop passing judgement Oh No!!

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 11:25 pm
    • Next day this idiot burglarized a funeral home. He belongs in jail. Thank you Deputy Alonso for getting the scum off the streets

Saturday, 3 February 2018, 1:41 am
  • Don’t tread on me…..

never-mind………

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 8:14 pm
  • Good story try again

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 6:32 pm
    • Agree. Sorry, Tom, but, this was not posted correctly…

Meininger stated, “I use this week (you mean ‘weed’ not ‘week’) for medical purposes but I do not have a license for it.” Meininger further explained that he wrapped them seperately, (spelled correctly separately) so that he could weigh the individual “doses.”

In all, Dep. Meininger?? — I think this was meant to say ‘Dep. Alonso.’

Thanks for all you do, Tom. Though, proper reporting (typing of the report) should be reviewed before posting.

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 7:01 pm
        • People need to get a life…Wait last I checked Tom was hiring does anyone want to apply to be his proofreader? No??? Then get over yourself…Thank you Tom for keeping up with all the mess that goes on in our town…Please don’t leave us to go to Pineapple town…LOL…Some of us appreciate you.

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 8:12 pm
      • GREAT!! Another ‘grammer’ cop! Tom you just can’t catch a break, smdh….

Friday, 2 February 2018, 3:23 am
  • Yeah, the guy’s full of You know he was selling. He’s not too bright to be driving around with almost an ounce separated into individually weighed bags, a scale, and a pipe. As long as you are responsible about it and honest when caught, most of the time cops will give you a break. I NEVER smoke in a vehicle, never have more than a joints worth on me when I leave the house if im taking something with me, always dispose of roaches and baggies, and avoid bringing pipes, bongs, ect.. The few times Ive been caught Ive been completely honest and compliant and they made me dump it on the ground and stomp it out or just completely changed the subject and made sure I wasnt a real criminal before sending me on my way. I had a buddy try to lie one time and after trying to bull them for 20min he finally told them the truth and gave them the 2gs he had on him. They said if he was going to bull them any longer they would’ve arrested him for part of a blunt they found in his car we didn’t know about but since he finally told the truth they just wrote him a citation instead of taking him to jail. There are a lot more serious issues than someone smoking a little pot and they know that. As long as you are responsible about it and respect them enough to be honest with you, most cops don’t give a . If you act like the guy in this article they’re going to make your life hell. Ive smoked with active off duty cops a couple times. They know times are changing, but they still want to be respected when they have to do their job regardless on their feelings on it. The only serious problem with weed is that it’s illegal and apparently in the eyes of a portion of the public, that makes it bad. Don’t let the minority of irresponsible dummies represent the majority of responsible adults.

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 6:27 pm
  • wait what about the part where he tried to blame someone else? that’s the headline but isn’t mentioned

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 6:24 pm
  • How stupid, Guilty , hangem by the thumbs for one hour than send him back to what ever hillbilly state he came from.

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 4:25 pm
    • BETHY, you getting soft on us? I’m sure whatever hillbilly state he came from wouldn’t want him back anyway so just shootem and then hangem … save everyone a lot of time and trouble 🙂 lol

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 7:55 pm
  • I am so tired of hearing about marijuana arrests

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 3:55 pm
    • Why Most of these idiots are driving around stoned same as drunk driving impaired is impaired and he definitely was selling it Which is illegal so you have that too

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 6:34 pm
  • Ya right. I live 6 months of the year in a ‘legal’ marihuana state. IF it’s on me, it’s in the trunk, like alcohol. Never smoke in a car, that’s a DWI. Plus, it comes in containers marked by distributors, even just a gram. In 40+ years, Never heard of anyone weighing ‘doses’. Don’t own a scale because it’s written on pkg.
    Be responsible, smoke at home, when you’re not going anywhere!

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 3:51 pm
    • Agreed also your not allowed to smoke it only oil vaped and edibles “wich is beyond dumb”. That would just been a ticket with out scale, separate bags. Unless your just a criminal and have record.makes the people who need it harder like illegal but,said stay home….

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 5:24 pm