Man Charged with Agg. Assault After Finding Estranged Wife with Another Man

SPRING HILL – A domestic dispute ended in one arrest Monday, after a man discovered his estranged wife in the company of another man inside their home on Talpa Street.

Deputies rushed to the residence around 3:45 p.m., after a woman called 911 to report that she had just been threatened at gunpoint by her husband. While en route, deputies were advised that the suspect was following the victim down the street.

According to reports, 38-year-old David Lavon Martin arrived at his the home to drop off their oldest son and pick up some belongings. Martin’s wife refused to let him in at first but relented after an argument ensued. Once inside Martin noticed a man sitting on the couch in the living room. The sight of another man inside his home infuriated Martin because the couple only separated a few weeks ago after 16-years of marriage. As a result, Martin walked upstairs and collected several firearms while yelling, and screaming at his wife. While handling one of his rifles, Martin said “I feel like doing something crazy.” The words scared his wife who said “he had a wild look in his eyes” when he made the statement.

During an interview with Deputies, Martin admitted to making a similar statement while in possession of a firearm. Subsequently, Martin was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault with a Firearm. Martin will be held until 4:00 P.M. today, when he will be eligible to post a $1,000 bond.

martin

talpa 1 talpa 2

Comments
  • Jeff, so if I am black, brown, I guess I am kinda a different colored trash, and , well you can have the last word, idk what u think of me. Just another typical stupid person that didn’t even care enough about his (possible) child to find out if it was yours, Probably better off with the husband, sounds like he is the decent man. Got out of that child support lol. Adios Jeff, hope you don’t make anymore babies that you don’t bother to claim.lmbo. And that’s what separates the MEN from the Boys. And you can stick it where the sun don’t shine, whoops, you already did. Bahahaha ?

Sunday, 11 September 2016, 1:09 pm
  • By the way just so you know your opinion of me… Doesn’t matter to me…. That’s What Separates Me from your judgmental type of plain white trash

Saturday, 10 September 2016, 8:07 pm
  • Actually if you must know they were separated while her and I were together. Her and I used to date fresh out of high school… So you can take your opinions and your comments and stick them up your…… well you just think of where it makes you feel good LMAO
    Dave and I spent many hours on the phone disgusting matters in the past and I am only sympathetic that he fell in love and married a lying whore trust me I’m more disgusted with myself for ever loving her to begin with.

You know what they say opinions are like assholes everybody has one, so just keep your fat opinions to yourself LOL

Saturday, 10 September 2016, 8:01 pm
  • Oh my Jeff, Soo you admit to sleeping with her WHILE she was married and possibly being the father of youngest son. Says VOLUMES for your integrity as well. Wow, I still feel even sorrier for the children. Sounds like their are a few jokers here. WOW.just WOW.

Saturday, 10 September 2016, 5:35 pm
  • What a joke she is….

Saturday, 10 September 2016, 3:29 pm
  • While I do feel that David was wronged in this matter of his whore bag cheating wife calling the police on him he is a good caring providing father to his children but then again as being the father of their youngest child I must say this is karma coming back around to bite him in his ass for keeping a father away from his son. He signed his name on a birth certificate Knowing damn well it was not his son and kept the real father away LOL and as far as that hoe bag her karma is yet to come but you can guarantee it will come around by the way according to her that was only the second time she had seen that guy….. I even asked her wtf are you doing bringing strangers around the children….. her answer was it’s none of your business LMAO

Saturday, 10 September 2016, 3:06 pm
  • Wow. He needs to lawyer up. From this article did nothing wrong. And his poor child had to witness dad being arrested. Wow. Has another man in the house around her children this soon. Hate to be judgemental, but what the hell. Chargers need to be dropped! Wife needs to be dropped.

Saturday, 10 September 2016, 11:30 am
  • I agree with the other posters. Raw deal, smells fishy.

Friday, 9 September 2016, 7:39 am
  • I know this family very well. David is a good guy, in a bad situation with a Ho. She has been sleeping around on him for years! As one other commenter said, at least the last, if not last two kids they have, aren’t even his. He has done his due diligence at trying to make the marriage work, but she is not. He needs to dump the skank and go on. And make sure the DNA proves who he pays child support for!

Thursday, 8 September 2016, 8:52 am
  • Feel sorry for the husband and the kids, obviously married to a hoochy mama. And that’s putting it mildly .

Wednesday, 7 September 2016, 11:16 pm
  • I know them very well .. Dave A honorable loving caring person you’ll ever meet. He deserves so much that ……. What comes around goes around .

Wednesday, 7 September 2016, 7:24 pm
  • was deputy whack off on the case?

Wednesday, 7 September 2016, 1:27 pm
  • Her track record should be checked before they believe anything she has to say and charge him this isn’t her first time with someone in his bed behind his back she got her youngest kids that isnt his to prove it

Wednesday, 7 September 2016, 10:08 am
  • would be interested in full report on this one. Given Toms report, not enough probable cause for an arrest but who knows the full situation besides parties involved.

Wednesday, 7 September 2016, 7:06 am
  • Bull****.

Wednesday, 7 September 2016, 6:32 am
  • I have to agree with everyone else in this case. I wasn’t there but doesn’t sound like he made much of a threat to me. She shouldn’t have put herself in that situation in the first place.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 10:00 pm
  • Guess who doesn’t have alimony to pay now, ****, she may have too pay him…stupid who’re, I hope u catch eyeball herpes

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 8:44 pm
  • Wow is that not still HIS home they havent even begun the divorce proceedings and he comes to his house with a strange POS sitting on the couch he probably paid for.. He is a man and has a right to be angry and believe me if he meant any harm to her or him she 911 would have been the last call she made.. this disrespectful wife should at least had the guy leave…But Mrs.Cee U Next Tuesday decided not . I can understand many marriages dont work but despicable actions like that have only two words Pure Evil.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 7:24 pm
  • I smell a lawsuit coming by Mr. Martin. Lawyer up buddy. Of course her new man is going to lie and say what she needs him to say. He’s got a free booty call.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 6:39 pm
  • Now they’re arresting people for, what she claimed, a wild look in his eyes? Should he be smiling about another man in their home? Or maybe he was arrested for his feelings? Another sensationalized story made to look like something it isn’t. Must be a slow day in Springhill. I’m sure if he had intent, we would be reading a much different story.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 6:11 pm
  • Damn.. that is sad. I’m with the husband on this one. Poor guy.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 6:10 pm
  • Bull****.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 5:44 pm
  • I Do not see anything wrong here! What Happened to Free Speech? He did not point it at her. Let her go Dude He was probably was there 2 months ago! Go find someone better! She will cheat in him too!

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 5:18 pm
  • Typical overcharge. They do this so they can get you to accept a lower plea bargained charge. Then you get probation and pay all fees associated with it.
    Mission accomplished. Revenue raised.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 3:43 pm
  • Looks like he just lost his right to bear arms,

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 2:34 pm
  • Yep, I know exactly how this guy feels.. Friggen woman screwing around as usual. Pathetic, I feel bad for the guy.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 2:34 pm
  • In a way, I can understand him being angry.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 2:27 pm
  • Now the new boyfriend gets to spend all the time he wants with Mrs. Martin whilst Mr. Martin is the subject of an order of protection. Women are the debble.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 2:22 pm
  • Back door law, the guy should have been able to collect his stuff and leave, wife is a habitual liar.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 2:19 pm
  • I am soo infuriated at her I better not comment. Vows mean nothing anymore. A promise to take you for all your worth and leave you high n dry for a boy toy. Oops I commented..

Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 2:01 pm