Man Dies After SUV Pulls Into Path of Motorcycle

HOMOSASSA (CITRUS) – A Citrus County man died last night after a two-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle occurred at the intersection of Grover Cleveland Blvd and US-19.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 31-year-old Christopher Richard was driving a motorcycle southbound on US-19, while 71-year-old Kerry Ann Jurgens was traveling northbound in a Dodge Durango, approaching Grover Cleveland Blvd. Officials say Jurgens pulled into the path of Richards motorcycle, causing the two vehicles to collide. Richards suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.

Charges are pending, according to officials.

Comments
  • Your 100% correct I saw the accident happen … none of us are perfect it was an accident…I have been praying for his family when I saw the accident… I pray to God his family will have peace ..

Sunday, 30 April 2017, 11:26 am
  • A sad situation. It’s sad for the death of a young man with a good future and sad for an older lady to be the victim of judgement and false prosecution. Do background checks on both parties. Your answer will be a bit more informed.

Wednesday, 26 April 2017, 9:19 pm
  • That man was a wonderful man. with or with out a helmet that is not the way he deserved to go. He had a great career and even higher goals he was reaching for. He was an inspiration and had a smile that could light up a room. she deserves every an any charge she has coming to her. 70 or not she’s old enough to either drive safe or get the hell off the road.

Monday, 24 April 2017, 2:11 pm
    • Am with you Dana. He was a wonderful person.with a beautiful personality. He will be missed for sure. R.I.P Chris

Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 5:44 pm
    • I heard that speed and alcohol have been documented often in the gentlemans past. Always a bad mixture. Motorcycle, Speed and ?.

Wednesday, 26 April 2017, 9:36 pm
    • He was wearing his helmet the impact ripped it off …

Sunday, 30 April 2017, 11:24 am
      • The high rate of speed and BAC at .20 will do it. Ashame his friends and family couldn’t intervene and take his keys before driving drunk. Then again they are the same people he got drunk with. Be responsible for your actions.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 1:04 pm
    • Hey Dana, get a grip with reality. Blood alcohol was at .20. Which is well over the .08 legal limit. Also, he was traveling at a very high rate of speed. Feel free to do a background check. It’s all there. Wreckless Driving, DUI, unlawful speed many times over.
      Compare his history to that of the women who has no tickets, no dui’s with a .00% BAC. You need to get your head checked. Sad story but don’t blame his ongoing problem on anyone else.

You or someone else should have not let him drive drunk. Something to think about.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 1:00 pm
  • Ug makes me so mad come on people wake up don’t know how many times I had to get out of a persons way to avoid being a victim wtf

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 9:24 pm
  • To his family and friends, my heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow. My prayers go out for ALL involved – for healing of the souls of family and friends, driver involved, for leos and ems workers.

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 7:39 pm
  • what difference does that make? she pulled out in front of him was she texting???

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 2:04 pm
    • She was an old lady i doubt she knows how to text to be honest. Sure did know how to call her daughter first instead of the police..

Monday, 24 April 2017, 4:35 pm
      • Julie Buckley you are so full of shit?

Monday, 24 July 2017, 1:11 pm
    • She was doing the speed limit. He was traveling at a high rate of speed who had a BAC double the legal limit. Already 1 DUI with a dozen unlawful speed tickets. Your an Idiot.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 1:08 pm
  • This is horrible, I wouldn’t ride a motorcycle in the Tampa Bay area if you gave me one for free and paid me $100/mile to ride it. I know too many people that have died or have been seriously injured because of other motorists, or the fact that they drive like idiots…This residents in this area are older and come here to retire, I hate to say it but this person deserves to be charged, regardless of their age. You got to watch out for motorcycles. If you ride a bike like an idiot and then die, I have no remorse. This guy was not responsible for the accident and has now lost his life, my prayers go out to the family. If you know someone thinking of getting a bike, talk them out of it, it’s not safe here. How many of these stories have been posted lately?

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 12:09 pm
    • I agree. I can’t believe people are still surprised when a motorcyclist dies as a result of an accident. The only chance of motorcyclist has in an accident is if it’s with a bicycle. Motorcyclists do not have any protection when riding so what do they think will happen during an accident? One day people will realize death is forever no matter who’s at fault.

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 4:38 pm
    • whybother, this is NOT TAMPA BAY AREA. THIS IS NATURE COAST. please do NOT confuse the two or try to merge them.

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 7:07 pm
  • Its not was the biker wearing a helmet, he doesn’t have to,its was the driver in the right,she was NOT.

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 11:08 am
  • Rest In Peace Chris ? You were such an amazing person! Prayers and condolences to your family

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 10:31 am
  • Was the biker wearing a helmet ? ( This makes 2 and still counting….. ) 🙂

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 7:01 am
    • Regardless seniors are careless drivers, need stricter laws…

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 10:32 am
      • I agree they should be stricter for seniors and teenagers up to the age of 21

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 8:33 pm
      • Your an idiot. Regardless, drunk drivers on crotch rockets are a bit more careless. His (Chris Richard) record is testimony to just that. This misleading headline is responsible. Yes, she pulled in the path. Obviously with a green light on both sides. When you have a motorcycle doing 80+ mph in a 45?! The vehicle was totaled. Without having any forward momentum?! You think a motorcycle doing the speed limit would cause that damage. How about a sober driver doing the speed limit? I feel the accident would not happen. Use your head people.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 5:15 pm
    • Regardless if he was wearing a helmet or not that woman was careless and pulled into the path of him. Maybe if judges started saying ohhh you didn’t see him well you didn’t see this life sentence either bur here ya go…..we may not have all these deaths bc people would face a huge consequence. Chris was the love of my life at one point in time, my high school sweetheart, we were together almoat 8 years. Even though we were not meant to be united as 1 a part of me would love him forever. This is just not fair, he wasn’t suppose to be taken from all of us, he had so much life to live, ughhh, I could hate that woman but it won’t bring him back. Until we meet again….RIP Chris give Bea hugs for me ♡

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 10:52 am
      • Is it possible to get the funeral information? I was the person right behind him when it happened and i feel like i need to pay my respects. Please message me if possible.

Monday, 24 April 2017, 4:33 pm
        • Services for Chris will be Friday, April 28, 2017 at 4pm
          First Presbyterian Church
          1501 SE Highway 19
          Crystal River, Florida 34429

Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 8:05 pm
    • I had a friend who had a helmet on when an old lady pulled out in front of him. He died because his artery to his heart was severed… Helmets don’t always save lives. People need to pay attention. Especially old people. Many don’t belong driving on the roads anymore!!! Your comment makes you an.

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 11:05 am
      • A defibrillator doesn’t always save lives either!! But it sure is nice to have one when you need it ….Ya Think ????? SMH ….:)

Monday, 24 April 2017, 6:17 am
    • work as an emt or in critical care. helmets are brain buckets in a direct impact trauma. the amount of internal force can easily cause a fatality. something tells me you might need to read up on simple physics.

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 7:43 pm
      • Some need to read up on how speeding on a motorcycle while drunk usually doesn’t end well. Some need to gain common sense. .20 BAC. Check out his background. Many have checked it. The truth is there.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 1:16 pm
    • Yes he was I saw the accident… very very sad my heart breaks for his family

Sunday, 30 April 2017, 11:22 am
  • I hate her.

Saturday, 22 April 2017, 8:47 pm
  • We need to be stricter on drivers license privilege for seniors. At least once a week I have one pull out in front of me. My grandfather is 70 and I love him but I am scared riding with him. But he still has a license so you can’t tell him he can’t drive. Not fair to other drivers/riders.

Saturday, 22 April 2017, 8:12 pm
    • if he is a danger you can ask his doctor to request to have it pulled we did that with my mother who would have ended up killing herself or someone else because of her decreased driving skills.

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 2:01 pm
    • Oh I totally agree, something needs to be done!

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 6:49 pm
    • Donthate, PLEASE contact your grandfather’s doctor and voice your concern. If he is a responsible doctor he will intervene for safety’s sake. My mom voluntarily gave her license up at 84 after doctor said give it up or I contact license office. I was there taking care of her due to health so she had a way to get around. Be prepared if your grandfather needs assistance to get around to help out if you can.

Sunday, 23 April 2017, 7:30 pm
  • Condolences and prayers to the young mans family and friends.

Saturday, 22 April 2017, 7:39 pm