Man Run Over by Logging Truck Airlifted to Trauma Center

BROOKSVILLE – A man suffered a possible head injury this morning, after he was struck by a logging truck at Jefferson Street and Broad Street.

According to witnesses, a man was working on the side of the road when he was struck by the fully loaded semi-tractor-trailer.

The victim was transported to a nearby landing zone, where Bayflite airlifted him to a trauma center for treatment.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Comments
  • Tom, Do you have updates for this person?

Sunday, 25 February 2018, 10:05 am
      • Ah ha….thank you. When someone hits their head, its to early to determine if their injuries we’re minor. But…lets hope so !!

Monday, 26 February 2018, 11:45 am
  • Tom,
    Do you have any updates on this story?

Friday, 23 February 2018, 8:12 am
  • praying for him to get well.

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 7:01 pm
  • Just doing his job…what a terrible tragedy. Praying for this man and his loved ones.

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 2:43 pm
  • Prayers for all..

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 1:42 pm
  • This is what happens when you shut down tbe truck route forr a month. These trucks have no business running thru down town

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 1:01 pm
    • I agree with you!!!

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 3:36 pm
      • Prayers for the injured worker. Remember, “a bump to the head” is not just a bump. A concussion is a “process”, symptoms may not all be evident at once. Please be aware of any new symptoms that may arise in the next days, weeks. Unable to sleep, or oversleeping, irritable, noise in your head, overly emotional, uncontrollable crying, feeling in a fog, sensitivity to lights or sound, nausea, slurring words, unable to find words or any other unusual symptoms you don’t recognize. Best thing to do is rest in a dark, quiet room. Rest means rest !! Take time at home “resting”, “dont” return to work for at least 2 weeks. By then, you should know if other symptoms arising. Wondering if this hospital was able to provide the new test available to indicate a head injury is present? Very valuble, diagnostic test if symptoms persist. My name is Tina. I facilitate the Hernando County Concussion/ Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group. We meet at Bayfront Brooksville Enrichment Center. Leave a message. If your concerned, don’t wait to call us, we can help. I’m sure you’ll have questions that most doctors are unwilling or unable to answer. I’m a former City employee that sustained my brain injury on the job. Im here to help !

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 5:12 pm
        • Tina, how can I find out more about your group, I have a son that had a head injury and is now having seizures and would like some more info about your group.

Thursday, 22 February 2018, 10:01 am
          • Hello Michelle… I understand. We would love to have you. We meet once a month, the 3rd Tuesday of every month. We meet at Bayfront Brooksville Hospital / Medical Arts Building / 1st floor in the Enrichment Center. We meet from 3:00-5:00. If you need to speak beforehand, call the Enrichment Center, leave a message for me, and I’ll return your call.

Thursday, 22 February 2018, 9:11 pm
            • Ok, thank you for the info I will put it on my calendar to remind me

Monday, 26 February 2018, 1:07 pm
    • agreed

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 4:47 pm
  • Prayers for all !

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 12:45 pm
  • Prayers for this man and his family…

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 12:30 pm
  • Talk about right place at the wrong time, sorry to hear this.

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 10:48 am