Man Sentenced to 50-Years in Beating Death of Central High School Teacher

BROOKSVILLE –A Spring Hill man will spend the next 50-years behind bars, after accepting a plea deal for the murder of Central High School teacher, Lee Ann Shoeman.

On May 19th, 2014, Shoeman was found beaten to death inside her home on Meredith Way.

Detectives quickly identified the suspect as Shoeman’s boyfriend, 51-year-old Jerome Sheridan.

Sheridan fled the area but was located in Hillsborough County the next day attempting to commit suicide inside his vehicle.

Yesterday, Sheridan pled guilty to 2nd Degree Murder in front of Judge Merritt Jr.

aksjdf

sheridan

Comments
  • I mow the lawns that surround the house this happen at…she was one of my favorite teachers …she always cared for everyone else before her self and I would of never thought this would happento her …I knew that guy was a piece of wrk wen he asked me for wrk…. I didn’t like him from wen I first started wrkin that street…know I see why! Hope he rots and gets a good beating by bubba

Monday, 30 May 2016, 10:49 pm
  • He and every one like him should be publicly executed and broadcast on every channel on tv just like the potus is. Show these lowlife scum what will happen if you kill someone in this manner or anyway other than self defense!50 years of living off the taxpayers in a medium security prison is like retiring to club med!

Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 11:22 pm
  • white people!!!!!
    ,,,,smh

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 8:08 pm
  • Unfortunately some of you guys are wrong. Many “men” do just fine in prison as women killers. Child molesters do have a tough time but there are separate prisons for them now. Over 15 years working in prison and I’ve seen hundreds of cho-Mos smashed and only one because he beat women.

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 6:57 pm
  • String him up it will teach him a lesson

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 12:23 pm
  • @tiffiny you talk about lees grammar but you dont spell your words out and you also spelled nothing wrong. Dont talk about peoples grammar when you cannot even spell things properly. What the hell does peoples grammar even matter to anyone on here. I hear people all the time on here saying things about spelling and grammar. It dosent even matter, what matters is the peoples opinion, why bash people because they dont have proper grammar or spelling. The only reason I said anything about your spelling is because your bashing someone for no reason. People stop this, please let people say how they feel without saying stuff about their grammar and spelling.

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 1:34 am
  • Wow I had her as a middle school teacher at fox chapel R.I.P.

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 12:55 am
  • Why lock him up for the next 50 years at tax payers expense where he will just get used to everyday life behind bars and his cell will become his home, Why feed him and take care of his everyday needs while that poor women lies in her grave, why not just end his his life the way he ended her life or will just be let out in a few years because of over crowded prisons and his victim will still be lying in her grave for ever.

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 10:37 am
  • Yea, so this idiot will be paroled when he is 101 years old. Imagine what things will be like in another 50 years, whew.

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 9:24 am
  • Rapist* not racist (1st sentence, last paragraph)

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 12:05 am
  • He won’t “get his” in prison. Florida prisons are quite soft. Child’s molesters catch hell, but it’s usually extortion, no beat downs, although I whooped a few, most are now concerned with what they can get out of it. In this case, there isn’t anything for another inmate to gain other than more charges so it won’t happen, unfortunately!
    I’m not big on commenting as to what punishment for things should be, because you should know all of the facts before doing so. HOWEVER… in child molestation cases, rape cases, and the murder of women and/or children, I believe public execution should be brought back in certain circumstances. Public display of punishment has less of an effect on the person who is being punished. I believe that the purpose for public display of punishment should be used as a proponent to avoid and discourage future crimes of similarity.
    IF YOU PUBLICLY STONE, HANG, OR BEAT A MAN TO DEATH FOR RASPING A 12 YEAR OLD CHILD, THE POSSIBILITY OF SOMEONE ELSE SEEING IT WHO MAY END UP COMMITTING A SIMILAR CRIME IN THE FUTURE, IS DEFINITELY LESS LIKELY TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE CRIME IF HE WATCHES ANOTHER MAN GET KILLED FOR DOING THE VERY SAME CRIME! I’m for it in some cases, BRING IT BACK! Is it barbaric? Hell yes! But if it means less crimes like it in b the future, I say it should be done.
    Is a racist going think to himself, boy I’d better not do this, I might get 50 years like the guy I saw on TV or I’d better bit do that because the last guy they caught was hanged in public and I saw it myself! ????
    Time for alternative deterrents and I think this is something that would have the effect needed to dissuade people from committing certain heinous acts!

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 12:03 am
  • Lets see how tuff he is in jail, The thing I notice about tough guys is there are only tough with people weaker than them, kids , girls or old people, I love when they say they snaped, Fact is they know when to snap. Having a bad day, go snap on a state trooper, or a navey seal. Why as soon as there confronted with someone who can mop there a– do they snap out of it. I hope they ripe him a new a– . Thats why I stay locked and loaded. My swinging days are over, I pray never to use it, but just in case I have to snap someone back into reality.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 10:36 pm
  • No 38. special, you are wrong. The old guidelines from back in 2000, and prior were 1/3 gain time, when you walked through the door, if you don’t lose it (and few did), plus a third accumulated each month in gain time. However the standard has been for years now that you will do 85%, especially if you are a violent offender.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 9:57 pm
  • Not true 38 Special. In Florida, the law is that one must do at least 85% of the imposed sentence. Here that would be 42.5 years. He will, of course, receive credit for any time already served.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 9:43 pm
  • N lee. U assume too much N ur sentence structure is strung out. Ur Grammar is pathetic. Ur Idea’s blow. Hey 38 ,do the math
    u no nuthing.
    85% cuz. Minimum. SMD too the both of u.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 9:36 pm
  • Sick prick! Now payback will begin!!

Friday, 20 May 2016, 8:34 pm
  • Don’t forget he also will get credit for time served in county jail awaiting trial. And, If his sentence is not mandatory, 1/3 will be knocked off the 50 when he gets to prison, plus up to 10 days gain time every month he stays clear of trouble. The gain time comes off the back of his sentence. So IF his sentence is NOT mandatory, he COULD get out in a lot less than 20 years. Bring back ole sparky!

Friday, 20 May 2016, 6:49 pm
  • Wow, how am I just finding out about this? Ms. Shoeman was my teacher years ago… she was always very kind. How sad…

Friday, 20 May 2016, 6:43 pm
  • Truth says I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to all of Ms. shoeman’s family and friends. The real truth here is that is when this man made a selfish choice to take her life he also altered our community as a whole. I did not know her personally but she obviously spent much time with her students and cared very much about their ability to become sucessful adults. The moment her ended her life he altered the future leaders of Hernando county. It is very possible that one or more of these young students will one day sit on his parole board or become legislators who just might make it tougher for selfish [email protected]@ people like this to get out of our prisons so soon. Just food for thought.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 6:39 pm
  • Plea Deal?, not enough to convict him?,, Sad!, Death penalty, No Deals,,(sadly to late)

Friday, 20 May 2016, 6:26 pm
  • Fifty years seems too light a sentence. I assume this was a plea bargain and Judge Merritt limited in what he could sentence. Though at his age, 50 years, with luck and no parole, should mean life in prison until he finally dies.

But think about it:

This monster murdered a woman who was an asset to our schools, community and society. Her life ended by a worthless excuse for a human.

In return, the taxpayers will have to support him, provide him with food, shelter, medical and dental care, legal representation and other assorted costs, for this waste of resources, for decades to come.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 6:18 pm
  • LeeAnn was a friend of my family since r 2 daughters were in 1st grade! She didnf deserve to leave this world that way n that early! This scum needs to die the same way! LeeAnn is truly missed!??

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:57 pm
  • Piece of feces, needed the death penalty.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:43 pm
  • I am so very sorry for your loss.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:40 pm
  • He will get his behind bars. The other inmates will take care of ass for sure no one likes child molestors and woman killers.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:32 pm
  • Mrs showman was my teacher I remember the day she didn’t show up it was rough for me she was a very sweet lady she stayed after to help me and was very patient with us we miss her very much

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:18 pm
  • Out soon, for good behavior.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:18 pm
  • Why not just go ahead and hang the piece of deffication. Let’s get serious with the folks who just don’t belong in a civilization.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 4:40 pm
  • That’s not really enough punishment.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 4:09 pm
    • He’s gonna die in prison, how is it not good enough? He’ll have to think about what he did for the rest of his life knowing he’ll never get out. That’s worse than death…. Why do you think he was attempting suicide?

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 1:40 pm