Man Shot and Killed Attempting to Sell Son’s Dirt Bike on Craigslist – UPDATE

UPDATE: 2/2/2017, 9:28 A.M. – Tampa Police have arrested the second teen, wanted in connection with Tuesday’s murder of James Beck. 17-year-old Dontae Johnson is charged with first degree murder, armed robbery, and discharging of a firearm in public.

TAMPA – A Pasco County man died last night after officials say he was ambushed and murdered while attempting to sell a dirt bike in Tampa.
According to reports, 44-year-old James Beck of Holiday drove to the intersection of N. 18th and 24th Ave around 7:00 p.m. last night, after his son posted an ad on Craigslist to sell his dirt bike.

Officials say after several communications with the potential buyer, he and his son loaded the bike on his truck and drove to Tampa. Once they met the two men, they immediately became aware that it was a robbery. That’s when one of the suspects shot Beck and fled the scene on the dirt bike. Beck died at the scene.

Tampa Police were able to identify and locate one of the suspects, 16-year-old Ramontrae Williams, near his residence and place him into custody. The stolen bike was also found nearby.

Williams is charged with First Degree Murder and Armed Robbery.

Police are still searching for the second suspect at this time.

john

kaw

will

Comments
  • I say we riot and burn down creaigslist !!!!
    Just imagine what would happen if the table
    Was turned… Hope for the best for the family
    Involved.

Saturday, 4 February 2017, 7:05 am
  • Sure is Easy To tell Who Are All The Hillary Supporters Here LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, 3 February 2017, 7:55 am
  • Im not racist at all and I believe all life matters. But statistically African Americans commit more violent crimes per percentage of their demographic. Its kind of ironic how African Americans are first to cry racism, but it’s knuckleheads like this who embrace the stereotype of being a gun wielding thug or someone out of a hip hop video and then complain about being judged. It’s a******* like this who give the hardworking, law-abiding, outstanding African American citizens a bad name and cause them to suffer the consequences of untrue preconceived notions. It’s sad how the world works. When a few bad eggs ruin the entire carton.

Friday, 3 February 2017, 2:15 am
  • Ditch-Dwellers.

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 3:59 pm
  • So where is this mans prorest,wheres the riots….or it only blm

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 11:55 am
    • No doubt !! Why aren’t we rioting in the black neighborhoods!!! WHITE lives matter,! Let’s go down there & give em a taste of their own medicine!!!
      These scum bags have gone too far!!

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 7:26 pm
  • STOP MAKING THIS ABOUT RACE!!!!! It could have been white, hispanic, chinese – whatever.
    THIS IS ABOUT A FAMILY IN PAIN. A FAMILY SUFFERING A LOSS OF A LOVED ONE IN A TRAGIC, STUPID ACT BY 2 ANIMAL CRO MAGS. Yes, the animals deserve to rot in jail NO MATTER WHAT COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, ETC.
    MAY GOD BLESS THIS FAMILY & HOLD THEM IN HIS LOVE.

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 11:50 am
    • It COULD have been , but it wasn’t !!!! It was another pair of fine young brothers!! Black lives DONT matter, their not worth crap!! Only good for stealing & killing & crying it’s not fair!! Let’s riot in the black neighborhoods!! Tell them WHITE lives matter!!! PAck their crap & go back to Africa ungreatful animals !!!

Friday, 3 February 2017, 8:15 am
  • No comment as to race, but the pictures tell it all, don’t they?????

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 10:54 am
  • Great They Caught The Other POS! Now Lets Bring Back Public Hanging!

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 9:37 am
  • They Should Lock up his Parents for not Raising him Right! But I’m Sure that he Don’t even Know Who His Daddy is! But Black Lives Matter Right : ) I’m Sure This Will Piss Some People Off That Can’t Handle The TRUTH!

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 8:25 am
    • Rebel turd has chimed in, we are officially at the bottom of the barrel

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 10:01 pm
  • To Grandmaofcias – that is very dangerous for you to insist strangers come to your home. You should really rethink that. The Sheriff has told everyone they are welcome to do the exchanging at the Sheriff’s office. You go inside and tell them what you are doing and they will keep an eye out.
    The murderer in this case needs to get his. But, everyone needs to use this as a wake up call. It’s not Mayberry anymore. We have to use great common sense to protect ourselves. Insisting Craigslist buyers come to your house is not common sense.

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 5:38 am
  • For. Mr. Beck’s. Son, in NO WAY SHOULD YOU ” BLAME YOURSELF ”
    ( as Pablo put it – shame on you !! ) for this tragedy. Your father sounds like a fine father & man who loved his son. Maybe your family needed money for whatever reason. No one’s business but yours.
    DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS YOUR FAULT. HONOR YOUR FATHER & FAMILY BY HOLDING YOUR HEAD HIGH. REMEMBER THE LOVE YOU WERE RAISED WITH. The people who did this have no soul, no conscience. My prayers for your family & you.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 10:24 pm
  • Prayers To The Victims Family..

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 6:41 pm
    • Just never know

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 7:05 pm
  • Prayers to the family and son

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 5:57 pm
  • Prayers to the Family Amen…

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 5:54 pm
  • Kill that piece of crap!!!! That poor son will live for the rest of his life blaming himself for this, how horrible. When on Craigslist I never meet on there turf, I make them come to me in a public place. If they don’t want to, oh well.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 5:28 pm
  • I sell a lot of items on Craigslist and various groups on Facebook. There have been several times that I have been asked to meet the potential buyer(s). I post in the description of the items that I will NOT meet anyone anywhere, they have to come to my house. Every time the would-be buyer was told that I would not meet them, I never heard from them again. The way I see it is if they really want the item, they will come to me!!! I am NOT going to take a chance of getting robbed, raped, etc. and/or killed. I hope the judicial system stops slapping these murderers on the wrist and send AND keep them in prison where they belong! My prayers to the family of the man who was killed.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 5:11 pm
    • But do you really want strangers coming to your house???? The can see what you have, check out your house, and potentially come back and rape, rob, or kill you. You should meet these people at your local police/sheriff’s office. I sure wouldn’t invite strangers to my home…

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 10:25 pm
      • right? hey lets invite complete strangers.. people that have the potential to kill me and my family to my house. that kind of dumb luck eventually runs out sooner than later.

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 6:47 pm
  • This is tragic. Nonsense….just pure nonsense.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 5:02 pm
  • NEVER GO ALONE – MALE OR FEMALE.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 4:47 pm
  • YET ANOTHER fine quality black man in our society. EVERY day we read about one of these losers taking someone’s life! But BLACK lives matter though! AGAIN one sided. Get a job & support ur self!! Let’s end the free ride for these people, I’m sure NO one will be upset if they all just moved back to Africa . See how good life is THEN! Ud starve. No african food stamps or welfare or free housing. If u complain , they chop ur head off!!u have no idea how easy u got it. & a black president devided the country more then it ever has. That scumbag didn’t even know the man, but it was HIS fault his life is crap. Soooo sick & tired of these people crying for more free stuff. EARN ur own way!!!

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 3:54 pm
    • You are so Right. The last president set race relations in this country back at least 60 years and left the Mid East at war and caused tens of thousands of geaths and Millions of refuges leaving their homes to survive. The worst president in history.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 6:22 pm
      • It is thoughts and beliefs such as yours that sets us back 60 years. This family man was shot by a 16 year old minor. Why did these kids have a gun?

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 8:33 am
        • bc they are so easy to get. my mom does juvenile corrections. some of those youths are in have multiple firearm charges some released only to be picked up hours later and have a gun on them. the system fails the good people in the community. they treat these under 18 with white glove treatment. you have no idea. too many liability law suits. guarantee they are out and back on the streets in a few years. she has level 10 offenders in for murder and released out before they are adults. all they have to do is some snitching and be good for a couple years and they are out only to commit more violent crimes.

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 6:45 pm
        • Linda U idiot!! Move down there & see how fast u change ur opinion!! These monkeys r animals!! They’ll take ur life like taking a crap. U obviously never lived in an urban ghetto. U poor sheltered thing, stay hid away with ur stupid comments!!! Monkey lover!!

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 7:21 pm
    • Pissed on the hill, fine Christian values, learn those in church??

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 8:14 pm
      • No im sure hes just sick of all the bs,everything he said is true

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 1:37 pm
    • What does this have to do with color? What year are we in? This guy tried to help his son song his dirtbike legitimately and was murdered. Get a life, bag. Congratulations you’re the first one to make this about race.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 9:55 pm
      • It has to do with color because again and again there are unthinkable crimes committed by BLACK people. They rob and kill people daily. They multiply and live off the government. Like the white folk OWE THEM. If they want something they rob you for it. And let’s not forget about how they treat women. Having multiple children by multiple women. None are faithful. They are disgusting. When have u last seen a black man with a college degree living a normal life? They are out there, but not very many. Every news report about someone being murdered, is by a black man… They cry “black lives matter” while they are robbing and killing people. Just the way they look at women. Kicking their lips like we are meat. Nobody wants your afro, greasy smelling bodies on us. Get a freakin job losers. I’m sure these kids parents taught them about robbery.

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 2:42 pm
    • Wow that’s a bit harsh isn’t it… Yeah black lives do matter n so do all lives but black ppl have been oppressed n held for years n u have got 2 realize there are black ppl out there who work hard ND don’t live off the government but the media will always portray us 2b like those idiots who do dumb **** like they did. But the reason we are saying black lives matter is since our ancestors were brought here in chains we have been ****** over do u know how many of us were hung just cuz we were black or beat or killed or raped. Look I see no color I could hate white ppl but I don’t cuz criminals are all races sexes religion it doesn’t matter. But u gotta *** up out of that box thinking all black are like those two dumb **** cuz we’re not. N 4 the record I know more whites on welfare and stamps than blacks so go figure. N I’m not trying to start an argument just trying 2 educate

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 11:11 pm
      • Slaves where’nt caught in the woods!! They were BOUGHT of BLACK slave owners!!!ur oppressed by ur Own people u idiot!!

Friday, 3 February 2017, 3:37 am
      • That argument always bothered me. I mean I’m with you and what you’re saying but the slaves being bought in Africa were caught by other black tribes and traded for. They also enslaved each other. Not to mention a black person could be granted his freedom in America and there have even been black plantation owners. In the end were all humans just using other humans no matter the color. Also, yes I’ve seen more whites on welfare and in general tend to be the most ‘trashy’ in this area.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 8:11 pm
    • You sound so stupid and I hope your soul burns in hell for your ignorant comments.Its punk’s like you that need to be removed from society and off the face of the earth.Im a African American woman who works and provide for myself and 3 teenagers and no food stamps and no housing assistance,just because there’s a c

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 7:10 am
    • May God have mercy on your soul pissed in the hill,it’s people like you with the mind frame you have that needs to be wiped off the face of the earth.Im an African-American women myself and I have a job that pays me 10 dollars a hour and I faithfully work to provide for myself and my children,no food stamps flowing through my household and no housing I’m receiving even though the help would be nice,but how dare you make the ignorant comments you make and live your miserable life the way that you do.Lets get down to facts,there are more whites receiving welfare than blacks,let’s get deeper your fellow white women and men sure love our black brothers and sisters,lets go way way deeper there’s more of you whites in jail or prison for the most unspeakable crimes upon your children and other family members.If you hate our race so bad you get the hell out of OUR(black,white, Chinese,ECT)country and live your miserable life else where.I work my fingers to the bone daily 6 days out the week and to hear you judge a whole race based on acouple of bad apples is not fair,your race needs to stop acting like they wanna be apart of the black race,stop tanning stop listening to our music and yes black lives also do matter like all races matter.You and the other idiot aka sick of the black community needs to get a grip on life,this is America the land of the free and the home of the brave.Whats sickening is that you all will raise your children with the same sick minds you all have and won’t break the cycle of the ignorant ways you have been raised with,all I can say is god bless you idiots,you have a long hard life ahead of you both.Walk in a black community and voice your thoughts and let’s see if you won’t leave with a little bumps and lumps

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 7:24 am
  • I sell buy/stuff on craigslist all the time. Never been murdered. Meet in public places, use some common sense. Sad story, I feel for the family.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 3:10 pm
  • Prayers For The Victims Family

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 2:34 pm
  • So heartbreaking for the family & traumatizing for the son. I pray you will get good news on arrest of 2nd suspect soon.
    NEVER, NEVER MEET CRAIGSLIST BUYERS AFTER DARK – ESPECIALLY IN THIS TYPE OF AREA. ALWAYS MEET AT POLICE OR SHERRIFF’S STATION OR BRIGHTLY LIT, BUSY MALL/ SHOPPING CENTER.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 2:10 pm
  • If you only knew how often this happens. If someone offers to meet you in a hole part of town to buy your stuff from craigslist, offered, etc, meet them at the police dept. When they say no, consider yourself lucky.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 2:01 pm
    • If your selling it, make them come to you. If they can’t afford to, they can’t afford it.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 9:08 pm
      • you dont have crazies come to your house, thats even more dangerous. thats nearly the most awful advice to give.

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 6:39 pm
  • What happened to the mans son ? I hope he’s ok

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 12:36 pm
    • My husband was outside and two houses down from where this happened when it happened for work. Son is physically ok, mentally…..scarred for life!

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 11:30 pm
  • How awful for the son of the man killed. Prayers to his family.

Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 12:22 pm
    • Better to have a gun and not need it than to need it and not have it. He should have been armed and should never have dealt with a teenager when selling a vehicle. Belmont Heights reminds me of South East San Diego, or East Los Angeles. You don’t go where you don’t belong. It’s the vicious rules of the street. It’s a tragedy but again remember the two police officers who were gunned down on 50th Street. The only way to stop this is to take action. Clean up the neighborhoods by removing the deadbeats. If Ramontrea’s family is on any federal assistance, they need to cease it and get them out of Belmont Heights. I could write a list all day about the shootings and murders that have transpired in that area. It’s no ones fault but those who contribute to the insanity. Rest In Peace and hopefully others learn from this incident.

Thursday, 2 February 2017, 9:13 am
      • ” He should have been armed and should never have dealt with a teenager when selling a vehicle.”
        seriously?
        it is sad that this occurred, perhaps there is some truth in this statement so lets bore down on it.
        1 deal with an adult so you can be murdered by a career criminal` not one in training!
        2 do not do the transaction at the police station in the parking lot as several agencies recommend ! so you can be murdered with no witnesses.
        3 lets deport all these idiots back to new York ,Puerto Rico, Compton, Islamabad, Germany, Deutschland, England, west Central Texas, bob villas house,and your moms!

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 9:39 pm