Man Shot in the Neck During Altercation on Northcliffe Blvd

SPRING HILL – Details are sketchy at this time but according to our sources a man was shot in the neck during an altercation on Northcliffe Blvd, just before 3:00 pm. According to witnesses, the man was conscious and breathing prior to being transported to the hospital.

A crime scene has closed Northcliffe Blvd east of Deltona Blvd, while detectives conduct their investigation.

A man who may have been involved in the altercation was seen talking to investigators on Northcliffe Blvd, while detectives secured a related crime scene on Crescent Road. That’s where Fire Rescue responded to treat the victim, after he drove there to call for help.

Fox Chapel Middle School was temporarily placed on Lockdown but it has since been lifted.

There are no other details available at this time.

shoot 1 shoot 2 shoot 3 shoot 4 Shoot 5 shoot 6

Comments
  • I quit smoking because i didnt want a hole in my neck!

Now I have to leave springhill because I dont want a hole in my neck!

This place is as bad as neck cancer!

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 11:20 am
  • Welcome to “Crime Hill” Florida.

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 10:41 am
  • Before yall make comments learn about what happened and about the person cuz the man who got arrested is a family man who will do anything for the ppl he loves. He Lives with his wife & son in house they just bought not section 8!! The other ppl had bad intentions and he just protected himself family & his home just like every man should. Lots of ppl read the ignorant false comments and he has kids and family that are affected by ppl reading this, I usually don’t type on here but i couldn’t help it..he is one of the most generous, caring ppl I have met around and he’s fair and doesn’t judge anybody so it’s really wrong for him to get put on blast like this. But i know anything negative said on here is from a stranger because anybody that knows him would never say nothing like that. Yall idiots get a life and worry about your own issues!!

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 1:08 am
  • I never referred to mariner kay. In fact this did not even happen near there. Where it did happen is loaded with section 8 housing. The area there is loaded with low life trash. I do not refer to any one in particular…. But if the shoe fits……

And no Kara I am not a rich snob. Nothing was ever given to me. I am a hard working citizen that has earned every penny I have…. Not taken from taxpayers. Nor have I ever committed a crime. How about you? How many of your kids am I paying for?

Friday, 8 May 2015, 6:38 pm
  • I need a like button

Friday, 8 May 2015, 5:54 pm
  • Amen @realist now thats the truth everywhere has crime and all yall find away to change whole subject cause you have no life…Here ya go George Bush caused all this petty crime in sprimg hill….That was sarcasm just incase but thats what yall sound like

Friday, 8 May 2015, 5:07 pm
  • If you don’t like it here in Spring Hill, MOVE ON. We will survive without you.

Friday, 8 May 2015, 2:20 pm
    • Survive? You people are dropping like flies. Take a walk through time, review the last 5 years and see how many murders took place in Spring Hill. Survive, lol. ok, good luck with that.

Friday, 8 May 2015, 9:28 pm
  • The title of this horrible situation is “Man Shot in the Neck During Altercation on Northcliffe Blvd” … NOT “Section 8, Welfare Recipiant Shot A New Yorker Meth head in the neck” The Ignorance of some people regarding race, religion and/or status is incredible to me. I must agree with “Does. it matter?” ***Everyone has a circumstance*** What does that have to do with One human being committing violence on another human being? I send my blessings and love to all who were involved in the matter and pray for recovery and an appropriate resolution. I also send prayers and blessing to all the Bull headed ignorance that has infested the hearts of all the commentators and the hearts of all that think the same way they do.

Friday, 8 May 2015, 11:48 am
  • Ignorance has no income or residence.Everyone has a circumstance.Noone is a prisoner here.If you dont like it here leave.These things happen everywhere unfortunately. And if everyone that is considered poor is such a burden to this place who will ring out you ex groceries or serve you your fast food.certainly not the hypocrites who are obviously are far superior to the “trashy” people trying to make a living for their families.

Friday, 8 May 2015, 8:12 am
  • Spring hill is becoming one giant meth lab..

Friday, 8 May 2015, 4:20 am
  • Doesn’t even compare to the sout side of chi town lived there 22 years you just have these idiots living everywhere

Friday, 8 May 2015, 12:17 am
  • The fact that Spring Hill averages more violent crime, and crime in general, per capita, than most major cities, is a disgrace. I moved from Spring Hill and Florida 4 years ago, after living there for more than 20 years, and never once looked back. It is an unsophisticated, uneducated, trashy place to live, and every misfit thug from the East Coast has moved there because of the cost of living. You can take the thug out of the ghetto, but you can’t take the ghetto out of the thug. There are so many nicer places to live in this country than Florida, especially Spring Hill. There aren’t any real jobs, so no one can make a real living. Just about everyone is on drugs and welfare and knocked up by 16 years old. The homeowners insurance is out of control. The property taxes in Florida are more than most major cities in the country. The weather is a tropical rain forest…. “Sunshine State” really? How often do you guys see the sun anymore. Florida averages more rain than Seattle and Portland. The medical care sucks and most are a bunch of money hungry pill pushers. The nicest things about Florida is Publix supermarkets and Tampa Airport.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 11:56 pm
    • WOW you need a reality check,the crime rate is like less than you think,we had a great sheriff dept here in this county an yes we have a lot of low income here but we also have wonderful place thet are safe an beautiful.its the people an lack of respect thats so intertwined into our everyday lives . hold the door open for someone ,dont drive so close to another car ,stop being in a rush all the time. and cook a family meal at home sometime get to know whats up in your family. it starts there.

Friday, 8 May 2015, 3:59 am
      • You are clearly delusional. Check your stats before you respond. Spring Hill’s crime is higher than the national average for such a small town. I am sure the Sheriff’s dept does their best, but they are overpowered by the amount of drugs and thugs in that small town.

Spring Hill, as a whole, looks cheap and trashy. Everything is so unkept. People don’t take care of their property. There aren’t any neighborhoods with tree lined streets. No one takes any pride in their homes.

People move there and build these big houses that they can’t afford to maintain, and it ends up looking like trash.

The lawns and the medians look horrible. Spring Hill would benefit by going to zero scape with gravel because no one takes care of their lawns.

No one refurbishes anything; that is why it always looks run down.

Friday, 8 May 2015, 12:53 pm

Spring Hill is ranked 30 out of 100 on the crime index with 100 being the safest. That is pretty scary for such a small town, don’t you think?

Friday, 8 May 2015, 1:08 pm
  • Glad no one was killed. Grateful to HCSD. We appreciate you!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 11:24 pm
  • Wow so people on section 8 and people that live in apartments are all scum huh!!??Springhill is nothing but a bunch of old people and druggies!There is no opportunity here whatsoever.God bless the person that was shot..hopefully they are ok,but I guess they dont deserve to live because they are on section 8 and live on an apt.Man shut up you sound stupid and are probably some rich snob that has had everything handed to them on a silver platter.people are so quick to judge people jus because they are poor.news flash ahole rich people commit more crimes than poor people.U think cuz u have money ur all above the law and are better.you bleed the same as everyone else shitbag

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 11:00 pm
  • Y’all are so soft lol this type of thing happens almost everywhere else you just don’t hear about it. The world isn’t a cocoon you can shelter yourselves in, get off your computers and actually do something about the issue if you really care so much.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 10:30 pm
  • To the One name Angie Smith…. I live in Mariners Cay and it’s a very nice community… I am a 60 yr old woman..and have met alot of nice people..so just wanted to let you know.. You have no idea what your talking about… so please don’t disrespect us that do live in this community….there are bad influences all over the County but again that’s everywhere!!!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 10:29 pm
  • LOL, Many of you run your mouth about New York. Shut up. Spring Hill puts New York to shame. I fled Spring Hill because of the crime. I spend a lot of time in Manhattan and I’m never in fear. I come to Spring Hill and I have to watch my back. Get use to it, Spring Hill will only get worse.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 10:03 pm
  • Sorry Jenkins u sound so ignorant !!!! It does not have anything to do with northerners . were they from the north ? its has to do with the lack of parenting and society . you say this was paradise where ? As far as brooksville , since they closed the brooksville projects down all the drug dealers & hoodrats came to spring hill because they all was giving section 8 if u want to be real !! And all honestly it doesn’t matter where u go there is crime every where dummy . I pray for the guy because no one deserves to get hurt !!!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:49 pm
  • what u guys need to realize………………………ITS EVERYWHERE….so wish it wasnt so!!!!!!!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:40 pm
  • Jim Jenkins hit it on the head. People always want to blame it on native Floridians it’s not most of Florida is people moving here from other states. Bring the problems with them.Then complain how they hate it here.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:40 pm
  • Has nothing to do with New York. It’s the people and there drugs. Spring Hill has turned to shit since the early 90’s

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:27 pm
  • Hey tubbs im from Chicago heights south side not even close.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:20 pm
  • For years and years all I ever heard was how backward and messed up people in Florida are. Well Florida was a paradise before all the people from the North came here and settled. There are very few Native Floridians in Spring Hill. It is a shame that everyone came here and couldn’t leave it alone , you had to change it into the very thing you came here to get away from. Why does it seem to be that Spring Hill is where the vast majority of violent crime in Hernando County is? You don’t hear about Brooksville crime nearly as much as Spring Hill because there are many more Native Floridians in Brooksville and no where near the amount of Northerners there. No hate here just fact.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:15 pm
    • That is so funny!! You sound as though you had lived up NORTH and moved down to FL when you were young! Ignorance is Bliss!! Stop saying it’s because of all the northerners moving down, you had trash before and pill poppers and welfare – long before anyone thought of moving down to FL! BTW – if it weren’t for the NEW YORKERS or Northerners moving to FL, your entire state would be a Section 8!! We are the ones that can buy a home or flip homes etc… because we worked hard our entire lives w/ at times 2 jobs to pay the taxes and other means to keep above water! Then Northerners move down South to get away from the inclement weather ( snow). TO RETIRE! Or NOT have to work 2-3 jobs… In Florida ALL ya do is complain about people from up NORTH & mostly NYers… You want to start somewhere and take responsibility – how about NOT dropping out of school – so that you can spell & write correctly.. that may help with perhaps driving properly and being respectful and courteous to others… bc unless you have a twang when you speak – one is NOT acknowledged… When a southerner travels or visits up NORTH/ NY we don’t make you feel out of place… We welcome your accent and where you grew up… The difference is NYers have CLASS & Decency regardless of ones AGE!! How about the labels you have given – snowbird, transplant etc… I will sign off as straight forward transplant – NEVER hate only FACTS!!

Thursday, 12 May 2016, 2:22 pm
  • Moved t Spring Hill, nine years ago when it was more peaceful. Use to come up here prior to when nothing was around. It was very peaceful back then as well. It has become a Haven for drugs and crime. My wife calls it Pill Hill. So much trash has moved here it is no longer a
    Safe haven to live. We are seriously considering the Carolina’s or Tennessee. Hear there are
    Still many peaceful areas out there.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 8:48 pm
  • don’t know about Spring Hill, but the helicopters are circling Timber Oaks big time in Port Richey…..Whats going on….anyone know?????

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 8:07 pm
  • A background check implies all criminals have been caught. Mariner Cay may have cleaned up the rubbish that was once there, but that doesn’t negate the the grow houses they busted or the brothel they had to remove first. And just because you pay full price doesn’t mean everyone is.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 7:54 pm
  • Springhill nothing but trashy people with no class.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 7:42 pm
    • They cant even aim right!

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 11:21 am
  • ^ E gets it!

It’s not NY, OR Chicago.. It’s SPRINGHILL! Idiots. These people are so ignorant. Anyways, thanks for the info! 🙂

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 7:02 pm
  • I’m so glad I got my fam out of spring hill. It’s turned into a complete dump.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:48 pm
  • Prayer

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:23 pm
  • Too bad it has nothing to do with New York or section 8, it involved people right here from Fl. Smh nothing worse than ignorant people.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:15 pm
    • Good point!!!! PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT!!!!!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:26 pm
  • No it wasn’t on Mariner Cay it’s a private house

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:07 pm
  • NO…… Welcome to the south side of Chicago!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:06 pm
  • Mini New York, are you joking, There is way more sicko in Spring hill Fl then New York!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:06 pm
  • Section 8 does a thorough background check. Criminals do not get help. Call and check yourself.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 5:59 pm
  • I moved to Spring Hill looking for a peaceful place to live, but this is getting out of hand. I think is time to move on. Where too:
    is the question? What a shame!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 5:42 pm
  • Posting these types of posts just shows YOUR. ignorance. Not everyone from NYor those that live in Mariner Cays are bad so stop with the stereotyping you sound stupid.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 5:38 pm
  • Hey Hey, I live in Mariner Cay & I am not on Section 8! I pay full price here. Not on welfare. Didn’t know all the apts in Spring Hill are welfare apts. Thus why I just got myself a house but out of all the apts I have lived in, besides all the privacy invasions, maintenance & ppl walking right in my door, this is the best apt. in this town that I have lived in. And the door slamming is horrendous but other than that, not bad. Thanks Tom for the quick info!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 5:32 pm
  • Good work Mr.Tom have a good evening. Peace

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 5:26 pm
  • Ya man, Bob new york!!!!! You are right on, before any body corrects me I cant justify a capital ny sorry. Have a blessed day oh ding ding…

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 5:24 pm
  • Wowww.. Crazy people in this world… Not to far from where I live.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 5:05 pm
  • You mean welcome to mini New York !

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 4:57 pm
    • Ha ha, aren’t you the fool. Don’t compare Spring Hood to New York, Spring Hill could never meets our standards!

Friday, 8 May 2015, 9:39 pm
      • Sooo very true!! Could NEVER meet our standards EVER!!!

Thursday, 12 May 2016, 2:24 pm
  • Yeah lets all thank Hernando county for Mariner Cay and the countless others in the area. Pretty soon it will be just like Tanglewood :K

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 4:55 pm
    • Not all people that live in those apartments are bad. That was a very negative remark directed at everyone that lives there. Shame on you.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:24 pm
  • My friend seen all of this and posted it on Facebook….. small world….

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 4:46 pm
  • Welcome to section 8

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 4:41 pm
  • This world is so sad and crazy…. Father God, I thank you for keeping us safe; I pray for Your continued protection….. amen and amen

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 4:40 pm
  • Thanks Tom for getting the story up so fast. I knew something had happened because I saw the helicopters.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 4:37 pm