Man Struck by Car on Cortez Blvd Succumbs to Injuries

BROOKSVILLE – Yesterday, we reported the news of vehicle accident involving a pedestrian on Cortez Blvd. Sadly, the victim, 30-year-old Brandan C. Pertgen of Spring Hill did not survive.

According to officials, 31-year-old Rebecca Lee Kroner was traveling westbound on Cortez Blvd, when Pertgen walked into the path of her vehicle.

Pertgen was airlifted to Bayonet Point Hospital, where he later died from injuries sustained in the crash.

Kroner sustained minor injuries and was transported Oak Hill Hospital.

ORIGINAL REPORT

BROOKSVILLE – Fire Rescue responded to Cortez Blvd and Deltona Blvd just before noon today, after reports that a pedestrian was struck at that intersection.

Witness, Ricardo Patterson says he saw the blue car (Pictured Below) collide with a lawn worker, as the victim tried to cross Cortez Blvd.

Ricardo says he prayed for the victim and with driver before Fire Rescue arrived on the scene. Bayflite airlifted the pedestrian to a local trauma center for treatment. His condition is unknown at this time. The driver also sustained minor injuries and was transported by ground to Oak Hill Hospital.

The Florida Highway Patrol is on scene investigating the cause of the accident.

ped 8 ped 6 Ped 5 Ped 4 ped 3 Ped 2 ped 6

Comments
  • You know what how childish is it to keep going with such crap. It was an ACCIDENT people and for you to throw a mans name that nobody knows anything about is even more childish. Yes it’s sad but maybe think about the family of this man and the women who accidentally hit him are going through. She has to live with this everyday I think that punishment enough. It’s been almost 2 years now let’s let them move on. And for gods sake take down this shit nobody cares who is screwing who that’s thier bussiness. Happy Easter

Saturday, 15 April 2017, 2:38 pm
  • Her karma is her boyfriend shawn Thompson screwing my 60 year old mother and I mean literally an affair. He’s 28 she’s almost 60. WOW Becky that’s sad but it’s karma workin baby, everyone knows your guy and all the girls in springhill have had him lol ? but a 60 year old women that’s really sad.

Saturday, 15 April 2017, 10:35 am
  • Oh yeah Nice try Nicole 🙂

Thursday, 17 March 2016, 8:05 pm
    • Wow she got away with murdering 3 little girls father…definitely something to laugh about. That’s OK, karma is a bitch and rebecca will meet her one day.

Friday, 20 January 2017, 1:54 pm
  • no charges were made…. Screw all you people on here for talking sh!t 🙂 🙂 🙂

Thursday, 17 March 2016, 7:59 pm
  • But she will be….

Monday, 2 November 2015, 8:46 am
  • Unfortunately..

Friday, 30 October 2015, 5:05 pm
  • She was not charged with anything….

Friday, 30 October 2015, 5:04 pm
  • Monkeys

Thursday, 1 October 2015, 1:02 pm
  • I would like to know answer to that question also as I am sure many others want to know. Please post a link if anyone knows. Thanks!

Tuesday, 29 September 2015, 12:12 pm
  • Have the police charged her with anything? It there a public police report ?

Tuesday, 29 September 2015, 9:57 am
  • I’m not stupid and I would need to make anything up cause I’m not related to brandan and I will never forget her face as she sat in front of me in her exam room and me in mine it got under my skin how she played the victim and her family walked in and out of her exam and there were so many of the and when the police walked in her room and started talking to her not one tear came out that was a humanbean a father brother son and husband

Saturday, 26 September 2015, 3:32 pm
  • Listen here you drama queen b**ch! Stop adding more fuel to the fire. We know who’s hiding behind that computer screen. You’re not fooling anyone. How would you like it if the same tragedy happened to you because your not a perfect driver and you have been in a few accidents yourself. You think this whole thing is funny talking shit because you don’t like certain members of the family. One day everything you did in the past and you continue to do, it will eventually catch up to you! And Maybe you’ll get into another car accident or have money problems in the future! Your not working either, You shouldn’t be talking about people Not working! And You are the cold hearted selfish WITCH! I know You love drama then go watch another episode of Days of our lives. This isn’t the time or place to create drama, because All you are doing is making an a** out of yourself.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 5:16 pm
  • Be kind??????? You obviously don’t know any of them well enough to make the statements you have made. Were they kind laughing an joking in the hospital? Oh but of course that’s just a result of shock right??? What about all the ppl they have ruined lives. Hmmmmm what about that? You are who you keep company with. Remember birds of a feather flock together an they are all more than cuchoo! Working hah that’s funny for how long??? The driver aside from thinking she is soooo wonderful is a cold hearted witch. The past is the past? Really tell that to the 3 little girls while the Italian mafia(ha ha) parties it up. That family has ruined many ppl with their stealing an lies. Fortunately it caught up with them resulting in prison time. So don’t tell anyone how sad they all are. They know nothing of the lord or the truth or compassion.. Oh and you say anyone can change? Man you have no idea what your talking about. If I had created such a tragedy, part of my paychecks would be going to Nicole an her 3 beautiful children. But when your selfish the money can only go on makeup hair dye alcohol and other needless things. So go be kind to yourself. Hanging with them your gonna need it. God bless the ruined lives and Nicole, Brendan lives on through you and your children. I pray for you every day. And be kind, go away an don’t comment your nothing but a joke.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 3:43 pm
  • And i’m no defending her but i dont like injustice and make me sick when people talk and they really dont know what they talking about. So NATALIA RIVERA no, no she was not a party person, she was working most of her time and doing school but like every one in this world she had a hobby and on her days off she was taking dance clases, like most of the people go to the GYM she was doing the same onece a week but her exercise was in a actual dance class, was NOT party and drinking or smoking or doing any kind of drugs like some people are trying to say. That is what she was talking about on her facebook page that she have to close it because of peope like you who don’t know nothing (and im NOT saying you sent nothing to her at any pont in this comment) im talking in general. People was sending her inbox and posting shit and bulling her after this tragedy. So people please let this to the police and stop assuming things is lots of family and friends and sons and daughters reading this stuff, so please be respectful,

Friday, 25 September 2015, 12:49 pm
  • Can anyone explain me what the hell the boyfriend family and their past have to be with all this. Any of them was even there when this tragedy happen. ALL of them was WORKING like every one else. So I think ALL the families involved in this accident need some respect. I think this is enogh. I personally Know some members of bough families and i know that Every family involve in this tragedy Bouth sides have a rough past so NO ONE have the right to judge. In some time on our life we been young and stupid, every body can change. But the past is the past. Im prying every day for bouth families involved in this tragedy. I will pray more for the heartless, bullies, disrespectful, inconsiderate and mentally abuser people here. (I definitely understand the family comments and their pain and their anger, NO JUDGE, NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU ALL) I’m talking about the other people who doesnt even know nothing and are talking shit about everything. Rest in Peace Brendan. My condolences for the lost.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 12:07 pm
  • We do know you thompsons! talking like a redneck y’all, what you gonna do about it y’all. Are you Italians or a redneck motherf**cker!? Y’all.
    Yeah a man died. It’s no big deal right? accidents happen. What a great way of thinking you piece of s**ts!
    RIP Brendan.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 11:18 pm
  • ^^^^ Butt hurt f*****t. Ooooh so scary. So scary when hiding behind a screen lol ! Y’all mad because someone talked about your family .obviously if soooo many people are saying the same thing it’s true! Why get a job , when you can STEAL AND LIE your way to the top? 🙂
    Just admit your moon pie friend is a a dumb Bitch and don’t know how to drive and is reckless. Grow a pair. Ta ta d bags .. REST IN PEACE BRENDAN.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:33 pm
  • Y’all need lives maybe even jobs. Pathetic wannabes. Yeah a guy died if it was someone else y’all wouldn’t feel anything you’d brush it off and say rest easy. Why can’t y’all do that with this. We had a friend die the same way except the driver was texting and driving n admitted to it but got nothing. Accidents happen. But do not I repeat talk about my family the Thompson’s again. Y’all act as if you know us and you don’t so keep your inconsiderate remarks to yourself. Okay. Thanks.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 9:17 pm
  • Boyfriend and fam were prisoners so she should fit right in. Damn disgusting careless losers. No compassion for taking a good mans life.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 8:42 pm
  • I hope the find out the truth she gets charged with something not just a slap on the wrist

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 5:25 pm
  • It did say it on Facebook why else would she delate it trying to hide stuff

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 5:16 pm
  • No Rebecca Sweetie my name isn’t Scotty boy, My name is Harry Potter

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 12:42 am
  • Anonymous, you have said enough for me to know who you are… sweetie. You have continuously changed your name but you have failed to realize your own stupidity and how easily you have made it to identify you Scotty boy. Go ahead and deny its you, but I already know. See you soon…

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:42 pm
  • SHUT THE HELL UP BUMBLEBEE DUMBLEBEE THOMPSON! Y’all need to go back to the penitentiary because that’s were you belong!! You white trash redneck wannabe mafia Italians!!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 10:40 pm
  • Hey “DUMBLEBEE” So you are the one to kill that man……..
    I hate to burst your bubble but gods plan wasn’t for someone to kill that man. That’s not how God works sweetie! And No it doesn’t happen that way. You were on drugs and distracted by your phone. Why would you be taking pictures of the person you hit? Instead of making sure he’s ok, You work in the medical Feild!! Dumb ass! Bitch!! Theirs no way this poor family’s man no way he can come back again because it’s your fault!!! Admit it. It’s your f***cking fault!!! It hurts you more when someone is talking trash about your wannabe Italian douchebag crack head pot head boyfriend. Instead of the man who died. I know for sure your addicted to that shit too!! That’s why you didn’t see this poor family’s man crossing the road because you were high!! I bet you deleted the evidence.. And you couldn’t move to Check on that man because you were high!…. Justice will prevail and Brendan is going to make sure of it. And his Family. So have fun getting high and being with your piece of shit boyfriend while it lasts.
    I saw your Facebook page before you deactivated it and you don’t look mentally stable, You look like you live in a fantasy land!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 9:45 pm
  • Natalie no where on her Facebook does she that.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 9:22 pm
  • Has anyone seen her Facebook page talking how dancing and partying is her life

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 8:10 pm
  • Don’t make her the victim when she not those girls are if she feels even a little bit bad then help that family I can’t out of head jow her family and her were walking in and out of the exam room like they owned that hospital making jokes and talking I was there the never allow more the rwo people in the exam room and the whole family was there playing the victim I really do feel bad for your family Nicole like everyone says get a lawyer it won’t bring your brother back but try to get JUSTICE

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 8:05 pm
  • Accidents happen okay its part of life. Yes I feel so bad for the family because I had a friend go the same way its heartbreaking. But god had bigger plans for him. The driver was not on drugs nor on her phone she looked at her blindside and he was there when she looked back. She was in shock that’s why she didn’t go check you can’t move when you’re in shock. And my family is deff not scum so you wanna talk s**t just shows how fake you are. Its in the laws hands now so just leave it alone. Y’all can mourn if you wanna knock ya selves out but you are making this into something it doesn’t need to be. So don’t assume it only makes you look like an a**. And if you try telling me I don’t know how it feels to lose someone I’ll just laugh at you. I’ve lost 5 people close to me so I have a pretty good idea of how it feels. If you don’t know the victims family or the drivers family then leave it alone. You people have no say in anything from this case. So be considerate and mind your own business.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 7:40 pm
  • Okay look y’all shut the **** up. You deff don’t know me or my family first off so dont talk ***t about us. Secondly yeah I feel bad for the guy but apparently god had bigger plans for him. Yes it suck but hey it happens. No she was not on drugs or on her phone sorry to burst your bubble. Unless you know what happened don’t speak. Its called an accident for a reason. Wanna get a lawyer sweetie go for it she didn’t do it intentionally. So y’all need to grow up be adults and stop assuming because when you assume it makes an ass outta you. What happened happened can’t change it so drop it.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 7:20 pm
  • Very sorry for the man’s family, I bet the cops get a lot of information about people from this site.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 5:24 pm
  • YOU ARE WHO YOU HANGOUT WITH!!!!!
    AND YOUR FAMILY “KEITH” IS A LOW LIFE SCUM Of THE EARTH PIECE OF S**T
    C O N V I C T FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!
    HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT GOD AND YOU FEEL SORRY FOR THAT POOR FAMILY THAT LOST A LIFE! YOU FAKE A** WANNA BE ITALIANS. YOU DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE ITALIAN, YOUR NOT EVEN A GANGSTER MAFIA FAMILY. JUST A BUNCH OF CLOWNS. LIKES TO LIVE OFF WOMEN FOR THEIR MONEY. YOUR A LAZY A** WANNA BE ITALIAN MAFIA FAMILY. THAT LIKES TO GROW MARIJUANA AND COMSUME THAT S**T!!!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:57 am
  • My daughter and I drove by the accident minutes after it happened. We were absolutely heartsick over seeing a young man helpless in the street. We prayed for him. There was an older gentleman with glasses leaning over him obviously distraught. There was an elderly couple directing traffic around the accident. Then there was a young woman with long red hair and a white shirt casually and calmly taking cell phone pictures on her pink phone of Brandan. I was shocked and horrified to see someone do that. Later after viewing newspaper photos I learned that she was the driver!! If she was in shock that is a strange way of showing it. My husband and I hit a cat once that ran in front of us. We cradled it until it died. We carefully picked up the body and went to every home in the neighborhood to try to find it’s owner. We were crying all the way home. So YES I do know how I would react to hitting a person. My heart goes out to Brandan’s family and hope they find strength and comfort from friends and family.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:12 am
  • None of us were there to see what happened period four ppl know what happened one passed one gave there side one can’t find and God him self but you ppl call the boyfriend family scumbags we had nothing to do with this but we are hurting just the same

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 7:13 am
  • How in the hell can u say sick to your stomach that her boyfriend family are scumbag how the fuck you piece of shit say it to my face i work my ass to have what I have for my family yes I sorry this horrible accident happen but it in the laws hands and all of you stupid ass are just making it worse let both families alone from the. Bottom of my heart goes out to the family and them 3 baby’s but don’t say that we are not sad and not hurting but don’t any of you ever call my son nor my family a scumbag if you have the ball say it to my face this was just a bad accident that I wish could be taken back this could have happened to any one of us just remember God has a plan for everyone of us how we live how we die I tell my kids and grandchildren to always love and respect life caz in a blink of an eye it can be gone

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 7:08 am
  • That THING OF A HUMAN that ran over brendon deserves JAIL time. . She was probably speeding to Mc donalds. Don’t defend her .she killed a son a husband and a father!..how do u not see a man in broad day light? ????.. and not even render aid. She’s a monster. That whole family is monsters!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:27 pm
  • Rip 🙁

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:48 pm
  • Correction, I am not a family member of anyone involved in this tragedy, had a tragedy somewhat like this in my own family .years bsck. Thank you

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 5:47 pm
  • She was probably too distracted by that moonpie face .that poor man !! Justice will prevail!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 5:34 pm
  • In shock good try tho! THATS HUMAN INSTANCES in our nature! I dont feel bad for this woman and never will! Im defending my brother because everyone is defending a woman who KILLED MY BROTHER AND DIDNT EVEN SEE IF HE WAS OK. NOT ONCE END OF STORY! Thats why im upset if it was the other way around my brother would have been with that woman the whole time! I hope she lives with my brothers face in her mind every second of every day! And when your judgement day comes i hope you go straight to hell i dont feel one bit of sympathy for her what so ever now who ever wants to comment on that i dont give a shit!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 5:31 pm
  • Another one for the papers from the criminals. R.I.P Brendon

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 5:28 pm
  • Wow this makes another great news item for the driver an her boyfriends dirtbag family. My heart goes out to Brendans family. The driver is a snobby cow an now she fits in with the rest of the lousy boyfriends family

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 5:24 pm
  • Again my prayers go out too all the people involved in this tragedy!! One thing I do know about myself is,if I had just lost a relative to a tragedy such as this or any other loss, I personally would be grieving so badly and I definitely WOULD NOT be on social media discussing it each and every day .None of my business what you do,is a free country,but just saying U can say I don’t know what I would do if it were me, YES personally I do,been there,done that , and it was and always will be in my mind, So please let the police do their job or maybe they have already, And no I wasn’t a driver or one that got hit, just a family member. These accidents ruin lives of ALL that were involved and no I wasn’t there so know nothing and refuse to speculate. May God give you ALL SOME peace and comfort and understanding .

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 3:54 pm
  • It’s called shock. That’s probably why she didn’t go up to him. And people need to stop saying she was distracted by a cell phone. You weren’t there. And I know you’re going to say I wasn’t either, but you no what. I’m not making assumptions.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 2:16 pm
  • NICOLE. HONEY THATS GOOD KEEP INVESTIGATING, THE DRIVER IS GOING TO NEED SOME INTERIGATION TO GET THE TRUTH OUT TO ADMIT THAT SHE WAS DISTRACTED. PLEASE GET YOURSELF A LAWYER SWEETIE BECAUSE YOU’RE GOING TO NEED ONE! AND MOST LIKELY YOU WILL WIN THIS CASE. SHE KILLED A HUMAN BEING! YOU’RE HUSBAND HAD THE RIGHT A WAY. WHEN SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAUTIOUSLY DRIVING TO AVOID HITTING THE VEHICLE IN FRONT OF HER AND THE PEDESTRIAN AND NOT BEING DISTRACTED BY A CELL PHONE!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 2:00 pm
  • If she is in the health care field why didnt she go up to him once to try to help him?? he was on the floor 20 mins before the ambulance even showed up! The driver behind her was there with her husband praying for him not once did she run up to my brother! no excues i just can’t comprehend why she wouldnt try to help some one you just hit !

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 1:31 pm
  • Did they get the person that cut her off that made her make a last second decisions to stop her? Some how that person seems to have been a huge factor in this story. IMO

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 10:30 am
  • I’m so sorry for your loss. But I feel great sympathy for the driver too. It’s a very sad story on both ends. It could have been easily avoided by both parties. And to say oh you weren’t there… Well were you? I’m sure she is feeling great guilt. From what I know this women is in a profession of trying to save lives. I can garentee she didn’t get behind the wheel and decide “I’m going to take a life today” she’s made a career trying to help others but no one with see that because of a split second in time. I think personally there is fault on both parties. Which is frustrating I’m sure to the victims family because you want someone to blame and you do not want to blame him. In time I’m sure you will see it what it was. An accident. A horrific accident. Wish Ill on the driver all you want. She’s human and I’m sure every day she will be faced with the memories. It takes looking in a mirror, looking to your sides, blinking, sneezing, one split second. You can’t possibly know what happened unless you were her. I wish both parties get peace soon and can move on stronger and that the family keeps the kids daddy alive for them.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 10:12 am
  • And again he didn’t walk in front of her car!!!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:19 am
  • I am not saying by any means, that she INTENTIONALLY meant to hit him, but there was something that was distracting her, and if she feels any remorse for his children, she will admit to it, instead of coming up with excuses.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:18 am
  • There were only 2 cars on the road at the time…no one in front of her…believe me, I’m getting all my info, the rest of you dont know what youre talking about. I have been doing my own investigation and nothing is making sense, but we will get to the bottom of it. Even his article is wrong, just like the first one that was written. Everyone is coming up with their own scenerios, when they dont really know what happened, are any of you investigating this case?? Well, i am, and i know more about this ACCIDENT then any of you. I cry myself to sleep every night, cry all day, my kids ask about daddy everyday, this is the hardest thing i have ever had to deal with, so if you DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED OR WERENT THERE, KEEP YOUR COMMENTS AND YOUR SCENERIOS TO YOURSELF.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:06 am
  • I work with her, and I can say she is a very responsible good person. This is very sad, but he shouldn’t be walking across the road in front of cars, That’s that crosswalks are for. Either way this is terrible, and I will pray for both the families of the poor man, and rebecca because I know she would never intentionally hurt someone.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 7:18 am
  • My prayer to his family my thought is with those those 3 little girl whose lose there dad I don’t know them personally but now and days and young man at his age and taking car of the babies leaves a lot to say to his wife wish one day I can you meet you. And see that u made him proud

Monday, 21 September 2015, 5:08 pm
  • Well of course Nicole the driver isn’t going to own up to hitting the pedestrian, because the driver doesn’t want to risk going to jail or being sued! And the pedestrian always has the right away!! Jay walking or not either way he was trying to cross the road to get to where he needed to go! The driver wasn’t paying attention obviously. Probably was in a hurry texting looking at her phone while changing lanes. Get this straightened out in court. Let the lawyers and judge decide…. You want justice and closure for yourself and your family and 3 little girls….

Monday, 21 September 2015, 4:45 pm
  • Why dont everyone keep their opinions to them self!! unless you were there i dont wanna keep reading you stupid comments. Thinks his loving sister

Monday, 21 September 2015, 4:30 pm
  • Well he would have had the right if way if he would have been in the cross walk. He crossed the road over 200 ft west of the light. He was Jay walking and last time I checked it was illegal and extremely dangerous. For all we know she could have been attempting to merge over to another lane and her attention would have been looking in side mirrors or rearview mirror. Then suddenly in your peripheralsearch you have object moving that is not suppose to be there. If she was on her phone then it is her fault,otherwise he should not have crossed the road there.

Monday, 21 September 2015, 1:49 pm
  • He is 6’1 230 lbs, 11:30 in the morning, sun is shining at that time….was he invisible?? Other people saw him, but not her….there were only 2 cars on the road at that time. The lady that hit him and the eyewitnesses. I have the statement from the eyewitnesses. She just needs to own up to the fact that she was distracted by something instead of trying to come up with excuses….

Monday, 21 September 2015, 12:32 pm
  • It is very sad for both but so many people text and drive they need to check her phone make sure she was not texting or facebooking. I am sorry for the loss

Monday, 21 September 2015, 11:32 am
  • No one knows what happened honestly and like Nicole said its still an on going investigation. People should be respectful and choose there words wisely. BRENDAN is his name not that guy, was a smart, funny,caring, loving, gentle giant lol…. He was not a stupid man in any way what so ever so please be wise about your words…. And why would he just run into traffic and jeopardize his life? His daughters are never going to see him again and his wife and family have to be the ones to help them keep their fathers memories alive….I grew up with Brendan and his sister was my bff and this is so heartbreaking for his family and his mother….so please if anyone has something to say,be kind and just pray for his family…. RIP BRENDAN

Monday, 21 September 2015, 10:00 am
  • This is sad for all parties. Accidents happen everyday. Thats why they are called accidents. And when someone passes away due to an accident such as this. So many try to find ways to justify it. Sadly. But come on. She obviously did not see him. She has no reason to lie. If she saw him I am sure she would say she did see him but by the time she saw him it was too late I feel so incredibly sorry for this family that lost a loved one. And yes this is not going to be easy for the woman that was driving that hit him. As she will live with this forever. Emotions. Everyone handles emotions in so many ways. Not everyone is alike. The poor women had to have been in complete shock to all if this. She was also injured as well. She could have grabbed her phone to call for help. but when these turn in to being tragic as it is very tragic. There are many ppl that are in shock. Trying to understand what just happened. Scared in disbelief. I dont know any parties and I feel so sorry for all involved. She could have been killed just as well. Then who would ppl be pointing their fingers at? Probably the person that was driving recklessly. As from what everyone was saying she was cut off. In that very split second she had to make the quickest judgement call and do what she had to. To hopefully not hurt herself and those around her. Something all of us would do. No one knows what was going on in her mind seeing she was the one forced to make a quick decision. All of us must know what it is like. And many of us have done the same thing. And some have been lucky and some have not. Everyone should not be quick to judge either party at all. And leave it to the investigation to decide. But it was an ACCIDENT. meaning it was not what anyone would ever want. She looks scared in the pic I saw and she looked shocked. Everyone expresses differently. I dont comment much at all. Any where. But everyone is accusing and has hate for this woman that had a split second to make a decision. If this was not a an intersection which I do not know if it was or not. But if it wasnt at a cross walk or intersection. Then im sure she was looking quickly and fast thinking. On coming traffic the vehicle ahead or swerve to try to save herself and others to not hit anyone. Sadly she hit this man that was in the median. Someone she did not see. There is no reason why she would lie and say she didnt see him. She obviously did not until it was too late. So no need to be hateful. That is the only thing wrong here with these news stories. Everyone is quick to judge she was in drugs she was on her phone ect ecr. No one knows… I was in 2 bad car accidents not my fault and I am 100% disabled now and a single mom to 3 kids. And on 35 now but this happened when I was 30 yrs old. It changed my life for the worse. But I never attacked them and both were so wrong. One running a red light speeding and another speeding coming off the interstate and slammed into me as i was at a stop sign coming off the interstate 2 seconds from my job. Yes both were completely wrong and not paying attention and they were fined and had to pay for what they did. But I never put them down as ppl and I never jumped to conclussions as they were doing this or that. It was an ACCIDENT. not something they were planning. But just pay your respects to both family members. I know it cant be easy to this family who lost a husband and father and I know they are hurting and mad and going through all the emotions. But please dont be so quick to judge. She is a person to and she clearly did what she thought she could to avoid what she could in the moment of im sure having a millionth of a second to do something. Cortez rd is a busy rd with so much construction going on. Its horrible to see ppl pointing fingers so much. Its a horrible situations and two families are going through so much right now. Pay your respects and let the law handle it. Its one thing if she was this crazy person that was all iver the rd and on drugs and a hazard to everyone on the rd. But that is not the case. Her life will never be the same. Where is th truck driver that caused all of this???? As he should be at fault for causing such a horrible ACCIDENT… He use the one that gave this lady a seconds notice on which way to take her wheel and when something like that happens. The driver is doing what she seems to be the safest with no notice to know which way to turn the wheel and do what is best. I hope the judgemental ppl accusing never has to be in those shoes ever and have to do what they can to save their lives and the ones around them. Gesh ppl. Have a heatt fkr these families. And this whole commentd saying take her to court and sue her through civil court and that its her job now to help support this family. Thats not even fair to say knowing what happened. And know this woman im positive is being honest and working with the police as well as the witnesses. And it was just that a very tragic accident. So ruin this women’s life by saying all these things and ruining her life? Really. Where is the compassion? Both families habe been through enough and they both have a long road ahead. That is not the answer and its definitely not justice. It was an ACCIDENT.
    It would be entirely a different story if drugs were involved or no license or someone on the run. It can happen to anyone. Its just a very sad story and im so sick of seeing ppl post and saying she probably this or that. The first thing I grab when I was in my accidents or see an accident and stop to help. Is grab my phone. To call for help. Call for family members of those in the accident to take pictures if needed. Or video. Stop ASSUMING. IT ONLY MAKES AM ASS OUT OF YOU.
    Lord has gained an angel and he will be watching over his family. It was a tragic accident. I pray the family can come together and the lord wrap his arms around this mother and give her strength to work through this and to help his children get through this. I pray for the other lady as well and that the lord wraps his arms around her and help her through the very hard times she is facing as well. I pray for our community to join together in prayer for all the victims and give them strength to get through all of this. I have lost family members and friends to tragic fatal car accidents. I myself was in a very bad one myself that left me young and disabled with many spinal surgeries back to back raising 3 kids on my own one that is special needs another with life long severe medical conditions. Its not easy for me at all. And it will not be easy for these two families. But with family and friends and the lord by yourside. You will get through this. Both parties will. And just pray that the people on the roads. Stay aware if their surroundings to the best they can and hope the lord is with them in times like this. And I hope to see ppl not accuse and point fingers at others at innocent ppl. That they just stop with the negative comments. But jusy hold both families in prayer.

Monday, 21 September 2015, 7:39 am
  • Nicole my thoughts and prayers go out to you and those precious little girls. I morn your lost. I knew him and no body can say that he wasn’t taken too soon. But know this and tell your girls this. All though he wanted nothing more then to be here with those precious girls, God needed him for a more important task. He will always be watching over them. Brendon may you rest in peace….,

Monday, 21 September 2015, 3:31 am
  • You didn’t even get out of the car to go check on him! i witnessed plenty of accidents and the first thing I did was run over to the injured. Glad you had time to get your phone out of your bag. Hopefully you can now get to your wallet as fast as you did your phone and help these children, as thier father now can’t. The speed limit isn’t even that high on 50! if you can’t see what’s in front of you I hope you lose your license. I do believe you did not see him. And if you didn’t see him, that’s a problem for anyone driving with you on the road. Nicole my brother was taken from us. Im so sorry for u, possible wife, mother and children.rip young man

Monday, 21 September 2015, 3:19 am
  • She didn’t even go over to him to see if he was OK!!!! I know if I hit someone or an animal, the first thing I’m gonna do is get out and run over to it!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 10:33 pm
    • You don’t know what you would have or wouldn’t have done. You weren’t in that position, and I pray you won’t ever have to be in that position. And it’s called shock.

Monday, 21 September 2015, 11:33 am
  • NICOLE GET A LAWYER!!!! $$$$$$$$$

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 8:35 pm
  • Nicole…get a lawyer…regardless of what the investigation reveals, the driver is still culpable for his untimely death..it becomes a civil matter, and, we know he would want you and your child to hAve some security.prayers with you

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 7:55 pm
  • You can’t judge the emotions she showed. Everyone expresses their emotions in their own way and I am sure she is hurting on the inside. It’s like people who walk around without a smile on their face, it doesn’t mean they are mad. Only she knows how she is feeling, so stop assuming her emotions whether she wears it her the sleeve or not. Stop judging and saying what her emotions displayed. You don’t know. People are different and show emotion in a variety of ways.

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 7:26 pm
  • lets see how many accidents have been on st rd 50 since the construction has started and was SUPPOSE to be finished by now??? im one of them.. who else?? how many have headed west on 50 to the road that merges into nothing before the light on 19?.how many have been on deltona turning left on 50 and only 3 cars can get thru before the light changes?. prayers to the families of yet another tragedy ..NICOLE its called STATE road 50,, remind your lawyer of that…by the way PEDESTRIANS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY…..god bless….good luck….

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 6:43 pm
  • All I say is I saw her at the hospital and didn’t see her emotions at all like if that life didn’t matter

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 6:34 pm
  • HIM

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 3:24 pm
  • Nicole I’m so sorry for you&your children’s loss.May he rest in peace. People will talk. No one knew like you did.May you come to peace one day, You still have him in your children. I will be praying for you& your children.[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ HUGS]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 3:23 pm
  • I cant believe what im reading! How could people be so disrespectful! This was my only brother! who had 3 little girls…he went out for a soda And. Is never going home to his family!!! if you have nothing nice to say please dont say anything at all! Have some reapect!!!! This is a hard time for my family and we dont need to read about how my brother stupid or what ever you have to say when the fact is she was in the Wong! I will make her pay for what she had done the courts will be her judge!!! she had took a life away at such a young age! If it was accidental thats a different story beinging reckless is a different factor! My heart is broken and i have to defind him when he was lying in the road dying not you so please keep you comments to your self this is an on going investigation so no one should be talking about it in the first place! Like i said if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all!!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 2:02 pm
    • so sorry for your loss. May your family find peace

Monday, 21 September 2015, 11:15 am
  • No there are witnesses that seen it and know SHE WAS AT FAULT!!!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 1:36 pm
  • You don’t know what she seen or what she didn’t see!!!! Of course she trying to get people to feel sorry for her!!!!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 1:34 pm
  • You weren’t there either so shut up!!!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 1:33 pm
  • Don’t assume you know what the driver saw or did not see. There are blind spots where drivers cannot always observe everything. It is easy for someone to say the driver must have known or must have seen but the fact is you were not there when it happened. Car accidents happen all the time when a car moves over to a lane that is occupied without realizing it. But I’ll bet the cars behind them see there is a car in the lane. It’s understandable that you are grieving and feel the need to attack, but do not make the wrong assumptions, because you don’t know what was happening at the time. What if you hit someone on the road because someone in a vehicle forced you off the road. How would you feel if you were bombarded with comments that said you must have been on your phone or weren’t paying attention. But you knew the truth. You knew, to save yourself, you felt you had no choice. I pray you never have to experience a situation like this. Ignorant people choose not to see what actually happened. They invent a story in their mind which puts them at ease because they can’t possibly handle the fact that, just maybe, the driver was telling the truth and happened to not see the pedestrian. Don’t put blame on a person without being the actual witness. There were witnesses there that aligned with the story of the driver, so don’t forget that.

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 1:01 pm
    • I saw the whole thing happen i pulled over and tried to help, you are sapost to have controll of car at all times bliind spots right in front of you she hit him with the drivers side. come on now maybe the driver invented her story because she was distracked and cant come to terms of what she did

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 1:55 pm
      • Just disregard him Lavon..that is the drivers father and he is about as crazy/insane as you can get…as well as the driver!! Know them both personally. You were a witness, he was not..hopefully justice is served. Not saying I know what happened..just saying that I know this family and they are NUTS..he can go on with rants FOREVER!!!!

Monday, 21 September 2015, 10:46 am
        • Actually that is not the drivers father who posted that. I know who posted that, and it was not him. So don’t start accusing who wrote that if you do not know. JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, 21 September 2015, 11:31 am
        • People need to stop assuming and accusing and calling people horrible names, and talk about their character. FYI are assuming. And point in case, you are wrong. You weren’t there either.

Monday, 21 September 2015, 11:48 am
          • I am assuming you are a relative of the driver Ashley? Seeing that your last name is the same…..SK is her father correct?

Monday, 21 September 2015, 12:37 pm
        • You can throw out names, that’s fine. SK on this forum is not her father. I feel and pray for both parties, and have NOT said anything negative or mean to the other party. You on the other hand have. And again you are wrong.

Monday, 21 September 2015, 12:51 pm
          • i have?? when did I say anything negative?

Monday, 21 September 2015, 1:41 pm
        • Since you replied to my comment, I thought you were FYI, so I apologize if you’re not. Since people can change their ‘names’ on here.

Monday, 21 September 2015, 3:31 pm
  • i was right behind her and i saw it all, my name is lavon hoskins there was plenty of room for her to miss him we were the only two car on the road. that was my truck and mower that was setting there and we pulled over after she hit him. so the people who are saying they saw him walking from the yard work truck dont know what they are talking about. So get your facts straight before you talk about anything

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 12:44 pm
  • Sorry, I meant he was in the median, not the side, I’m just so upset over all these comments!!! if the people BEHIND HER SEEN HIM, SHE SEEN HIM! and if she didn’t, she was probably on her phone or not paying attention!!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 12:15 pm
    • That is the truth so she needs to own up to it i saw the whole thing and after she hit him she got out of her car with a pink phone in her hand and she said to Lavon and Duane i swear i did not see him i was not on the phone. Why would she say that anyways. She just needs to admit she was destratced by somthing instead of trying to get away with. Like i said saw it happen and that is the facts she could have missed him if she was paying attention. Thank you Lovan Hoskins

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 1:05 pm
  • He wasn’t in the road!!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 12:01 pm
  • I talked to the eye witness who was with him when he took his last breath, the lady that hit him, did see him!!! He was on the side by quality inn, if you look at the picture, how did she hit him on the drivers side when he was closer to the passenger side??? None of you know anything, so keep comments to yourself, u will be getting a police report tomorrow.

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 11:57 am
  • My heart goes out to this young mans family..
    RIP Brendan. This is a sad tragedy. 🙁
    May the good Lord watch over his family in their time of sorrow. 🙁

Has it occurred to you people posting the negative comments
    that this young man was working at the time of this tragedy to try
    and make a living for his family in order to feed them and keep a
    roof over their heads?!!!
    and he was probably just taking a short break for lunch, so he tried
    to cross a busy road to go pick up some lunch or cold drink in this heat??
    Also remember how dangerous Cortez Blvd is because of all the
    road construction in that area!!

Hopefully more details of exactly how this tragedy happened will
    be updated in the near future..

@Mims….You should be ashamed of posting your comments about drugs!!
    NOWHERE in either article was drugs mentioned, “sarcasm” or not.!!!!
    This is not the appropriate comment to make!! SHAME ON YOU!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 10:35 am
  • This was a very unfortunate incident. I know on a personal level one of the parties involved. There has been a lot of criticism and scrutiny in regards to what the driver should have done or what the walker could have done. We as humans tend to jump to conclusions without even caring to know the facts. There is a term known as Monday morning quarterbacking. This is when we analyze a past incident and criticize or suggest alternatives after the incident has happened. So truly put yourself in the position right now. The situation was that a truck decides to make a u-turn and the driver was forced to make a split second decision. This decision would alter her life no matter what so she had to choose the best possible one. One decision was to rear end the truck. Considering the type of car she was in it could have ended with serious injury or worse. Another option was to swerve into on coming traffic, which could have left multiple fatalities. The final option was to swerve in a direction that appeared to be clear. Unfortunately there appeared a person walking in front of her after she made her decision. She didn’t have enough time to react which resulted in the loss of a man’s life. It was horrible timing for both parties, meanwhile the person who forced this decision on the driver is never once mentioned. People have stated she should have just rear-ended the truck. Would you have? If you saw no one in the street, would you still have the composure to accept hitting a vehicle which could have ended your life? Our military members are trained to make split second decisions and we still lose soldiers to friendly fire. I have been in situations myself when you are required to make a decision and i will tell you from experience, if you are not trained, you will succumb to your emotions and try to survive. You cannot tell me that if you were in the shoes of the driver, you would risk bodily harm if there was another possible way out of the situation. It is called human instinct. Humans will always choose life, unless in a war time environment. So before you assume anything, ask yourself what you would have done. Especially if the walker was unseen to you. I feel horrible for the family who lost a loved one. It also damages the driver and those who love her to know she will be carrying this forever. Have empathy for both involved and don’t try to assume you could have made a better decision, because you couldn’t have.

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 10:23 am
    • @Sk …..You have given 3 different scenarios of choices the driver could’ve made
      in your comment.
      But the reality is (according to you), she was driving too fast.
      What I mean by that is, we are supposed to be driving far enough
      BEHIND ANOTHER VEHICLE to prevent rear ending someone in case of a
      car making a sudden stop in front of us.
      That being said, she would not have had to make a choice of rear ending,
      swerving into oncoming traffic OR hitting a pedestrian!

I am in now way saying who was at fault because I was not there
      to witness it.

In closing remember there were witnesses and this is an ongoing
      investigation. An official police report will be forthcoming, I’m sure!!
      That will tell us EXACTLY what happened without
      speculations/assumptions that we DON’T KNOW!!!

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 6:55 pm
  • To the person saying he was “old enough” not to run into traffic, I’m sorry but age has nothing to do with it. Just last week a woman with a child no more than three years old walked into the street (not at a crosswalk) and then she has the odacity to let go of the child’s hand. And the child began to run across the street. They were a good 10 feet away from each other, anything could have happened. But I guess since she was “old enough” and has a child, she knows what she is doing. Just saying. Age should not be a factor. And to the person saying the woman showed no emotion. REALLY?? Because that is all I see in the picture of her. I pray for both parties involved, but I pray for the young lady because she will have to live with this and carry it with her the rest of her life.

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 9:51 am
  • Mims, a man lost his life, a family lost their father. No place for your stupid sarcasm!

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 11:27 pm
  • May he Rest In Peace. God received another angel today. Prayers go out to his family and friends. ..♡♡

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 11:22 pm
  • Just a thought, but perhaps the driver was not paying attention. By the looks of the car, he was hit by the drivers side, which would mean that he was almost across the lane. I would assume given his age that he was smart enough to know not to run out in front of moving traffic. As a driver, if you do not notice a person walking out infront of you, you must not have been paying attention. I always slow down when passing pedestrians walking. It’s common sense. Perhaps a quick lane change? Guess only she will know. Very sad to see another life lost on Hernando’s roadways. Prayers to this young man and all his loved ones.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 11:14 pm
  • Nicole, prayers for you and his children….I also feel bad for that woman as she will have to live with this for the rest of her life….Everybody is in such a hurry these days to get to the next red light!

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 11:10 pm
  • wow wow.accidents happen everyday.you can blame who you want but this has to be gods,or higher powers plan.celebrate his life not death.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 10:02 pm
  • Look twice for vehicles, they’re everywhere.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 8:14 pm
  • And every one need to stop calling any an idiot this is a tragic accident again both families are hurting

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 6:45 pm
  • And praying did a lot for him in his last moments of life, I’m glad people prayed with him and were there with him until fire rescue arrived. and if you read the article, they said Ricardo Patterson prayed with him and the driver, so get your facts straight, at least she is still alive and with her family. My kids lost their father, they will never have another memory with him again. Thank you to all who were there and prayed with him, I can’t express how much that means to his family.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 6:42 pm
  • This is a tragic accident that hurt both families my heart goes out to the man that passed but my son’s girl friend has to live with that night mare the rest of her life and ppl need to stop with name calling she is not a bitch he should have seen a 4000 lbs car but that not the point both families are hurting so if ppl don’t have anything pos to say then let both families give in piece

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 6:39 pm
  • Wow, can you please keep your negative comments to yourselves please? He is my children’s father and he was not an idiot. What happened to watching your surroundings when driving??? His kids will see this one day and I do not want them to read these negative comments. He was a great father, his kids adore him. R.I.P Brendan I love you

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 6:37 pm
    • don’t let the morons get to you nicole. my condolences for your loss. the people who wanna post negative crap? well, karma is gonna come around full circle

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 10:12 pm
  • Ppl need to pay attention the road.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 5:50 pm
  • She should have been paying attention. Smh. F*****g shame on her. Stupid b***h.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 5:47 pm
    • It sounds like you must have been there when it happened. I guess you are probably a saint behind the wheel. Surely you travel no faster than 10 mph on every road because that is a speed in which you can react to everything. Oh you’re not? then I guess you shouldn’t be posting anything on here. The driver was in fact paying attention. In fact, if she wasn’t, she would have more than likely struck the truck that pulled out in front of her. You are yet another example that our society is crumbling and there is no hope for us. Please for God’s sake, do not reproduce.

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 1:06 pm
  • Mims do you know something we don’t

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 5:12 pm
  • oh good Joni you prayed for him, like that helped! Pray for the poor lady that hit him she has to live with killing some idiot that walks into traffic

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 4:43 pm
    • Maybe she prayed for him because he was about to die. Lead him to the Lord if he didn’t know him.Thank you Joni.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 10:54 pm
  • May the family find peace, prayers are with you. Mims fault has not been determined!

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 3:58 pm
  • He was my homie. But may his sole rest in peace

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 2:58 pm
  • I agree she was on something she did not show any emotions I was there she was talking like nothing

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 2:55 pm
  • AND NO I DONT KNOW ANY OF THERE PEOPLE, JUST US ING COMMON SENSE IN MY THINKING.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 2:35 pm
  • Rosemary I was just gonna post same thing, assume drugs involved ,that’s just plain stupid! What vehicles you want to get rid of Mim with your petition,cars?. STay out of the sun for awile,may be damaging your brain. Tragedy happened and their are 2 families destroyed his and hers, prayers for both.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 2:32 pm
  • R.I.P i was there after it happened i prayed for him .Prayers to his family

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 2:26 pm
  • Why we she had to have been on drugs? If he walked into her path there was not much she could have done considering the speed limit on cortez.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 1:56 pm
    • It’s called “sarcasm”, Rosemary. The drinking/drugs/texting accusations seem to be mandatory for every vehicle accident in this area, so I just figured I’d be first. Oh, and we also need a cop on every corner. (More sarcasm. Stay tuned, you’ll get the hang of it.)

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 2:56 pm
      • You are just nasty to everyone, aren’t you. I very much doubt that you are perfect! Judge not!

Monday, 21 September 2015, 7:57 am
  • God bless the young man, may he rest in peace in God’s loving arms!

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 11:37 am
  • She MUST be on DRUGS! Driving is SO DANGEROUS! OMG! Prayers! Come on everyone, Jump on the bandwagon! Petition for everyone to stop DRIVING these dangerous vehicles!

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 11:11 am