Pedestrian Transported to Trauma Center After Being Struck by Car

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue responded to the intersection of Linden Drive and Cara Street this evening, after reports that a pedestrian was struck by a car.

There are unconfirmed reports that the 24-year-old victim may have sustained a head injury as a result of the collision. The victim was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital by ground, where their condition remains unknown.

The Florida Highway Patrol is on the scene investigating the cause of the accident.

hit 1 hit 2

Comments
  • SIDEWALKS…CRO$SWALKS….RED/YELLOW PEDESTRIAN LIGHTS ARE A NOVELTIES….POINT THE FINGER AT COUNTY COMMISSIONERS…THEY TURN AN BLIND EYE…

Saturday, 26 September 2015, 12:21 am
  • I sad to see how many people die a day , I wish people would watch were there going , and I wish the law would make more side walks he or she would of never got hit if there were side walks every were .

Friday, 25 September 2015, 1:44 am
  • We need speed bumps on many of our side streets, and probably cheaper!!!!
    LEO can NOT be on EVERY corner to enforce the laws!!!

Friday, 25 September 2015, 12:42 am
    • Can we get an update on the victim, PLEASE????

Friday, 25 September 2015, 12:44 am
  • Yea I definitely think HCSO reads realnews….but not to learn about traffic accidents…just saying.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 4:55 pm
  • You are right Brett, only the guys that drive the Daytona 500 know how to drive, don’t know what the answer is,but somebody is gonna have to do something I love spring hill but don’t want to get killed by someone with total disregard for other people’s lives.I pray this young girl is gonna be ok.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 4:53 pm
  • Wow, I drove through there around midnight and didn’t see ANYTHING going on…..that investigation must have wrapped up pretty quick. What pisses me off is, I got pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at the stop sign at SHD and Kass, but if someone goes careening around the stop sign at Linden and SHD by Cara, nothing happens. Either enforce the laws on EVERYONE, or don’t enforce them on ANYONE.But also, people need to stop walking down the middle of the road, even in these “quieter” places…..I can’t even recount the number of times I had to drive on the LEFT hand side of the road, just to avoid someone walking right in the right lane. Do they move when they hear a car coming? NOPE! Too busy on their phones to pay attention.

The responsibility has to be shared by both drivers AND pedestrians. And to the person that mentioned Linden and Coronado, I completely agree. I live right at the corner, just past Drysdale, and there have been a half dozen accidents right in front of my house in the 6 1/2 years I’ve lived here. When I’m in my house and hear the tires screech and then the bang, I know exactly where it happened.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 4:49 pm
  • Brett Levy says… Sorry everyone for the typos, but Google Voice doesn’t always seem to type what I say!

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 3:00 pm
  • Brett L… I live right down the street from the victim, and there are no lights on Linden and no traffic light at Linden and Springhill Dr. Every time someone tries to pull out onto Spring Hill Drive from that corner, there seems to be an accident waiting to happen, and many already have. But just like someone above said there definitely needs to be a stop sign placed somewhere in the middle of Linden between Hoover and Bishop Street. Since I live in the Orchard Park area, I notice a lot of drivers cutting through onto Cara Street at high rates of speed. With so many kids and bus stops in the area the police in Hernando County need to be more on top of these out of control drivers on the road. I myself have been run off the road many times by people train to pass me on Linden and has been cut off by people on cell phones.

A few years ago I was with my 6 year old daughter in the Target parking lot on US19 looking for a parking space. My car was brand new not even two weeks old and I was just passing Publix when all the sudden my car was t-boned by an old man driving backwards down one of the aisles. I don’t know why he was driving backwards but he totaled out my car and hit the side where my six year old daughter was sitting. Her back was injured and my neck was injured. We spent the next several months going through therapy and doctor visits. Like so many people have said, the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office needs to have more control of the roads. I can’t believe that they don’t see what’s going on out there especially on the major roads like Mariner Boulevard and Spring Hill Drive and all of the major offshoots like Linden, Coronado and the many other streets around Spring Hill. It seems like our population has almost doubled in the last 10 years in Spring Hill but the amount of patrol cars has not. Maybe the County Board of Commissioners needs to give more of our tax dollars to the sheriff’s office and less to other pork barrel projects around here. Our streets have become like the Daytona 500 and it’s not safe for anybody anymore. So please, I hope you people who are serving us at the County Commissioners Office and the sheriff’s office would get on the ball and start doing your job to support the people, the very same people who pay your salary. You can start by putting in some sidewalks around Spring Hill since it’s no longer a rural town but a small sized city.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 2:56 pm
  • What happen to sidewalks where does our tax money go

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 2:27 pm
  • It has gotten crazy around her. I was walking to my car with my granddaughter in Walmart’s parking lot and this crazy woman in a huge SUV was going at least 50 miles an hour, I pushed my granddaughter out of the way because this idiot almost hit her and I. Good thing she kept going because this 70 year old nurse and grandmother would have rearranged her face. I am not a violent person but because of her stupidity she would have changed our lives forever.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 12:23 pm
  • PRAYERS FOR THE YOUNG LADY AND HER FAMILY,HOPE SHE IS OK. Some states have laws with hefty fines for being on a cell phone, wonder why florida doesnt??!! Scary to be on the roads around here

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 11:57 am
  • This is a problem thats not going away !!!! People have a right to walk , not everyone can afford a vehicle. That being said pedestrians should be more vigilant but people who drive are to be held more responsible. A vehicle is a weapon and people should be more cautious and drive with common sense. Meaning stop speeding , quit being in a hurry and dodging in and out of lanes to pass others just to meet them at the next stop light and stay off the damn cell phones!!!!!! Im not saying this is what happened in this accident but most accidents yes !!!!!!!!!

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:13 am
  • My daughter says she saw what looked like a female was walking in the middle of the street with a baby carriage when a white car was flying down the road and she saw what looked like the woman jumping out of the way. She saw the vehicle pull over but did not know that the woman was hit.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:03 am
  • Prayers go out to the young lady injured.
    Spring Hill Nurse after reading your story I hope perhaps something is done. Do you think HCSO reads RNRF?
    speed bumps or stop signs or occasional officer shooting radar should be considered
    Life is taken for granted and to many unconcerned and uncaring people take life of others in a matter of a heartbeat
    Slow down and focus on driving!

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 9:00 am
  • Ridiculous. Should have never happend. That stretch of road between Bishop and Hoover is lot, but the lights turn off periodically. It can be difficult to see someone walking at times. If you absolutely have to walk DONT WALK WITH YOUR BACK TO TRAFFIC. You’ll never see a car that might hit you. Be smart people.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 7:35 am
  • @spring hill nurse
    What you have described is happening on every road in the county HCSO does not control the roads nor do they even try
    You would figure the extra monies that is flying up and down these roads could buy fer the department
    And people with their right elbow on console holding phone up and no right side mirror on vehicle same car comes by every morning phone in face
    Prayers to everyone

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 6:45 am
  • It was a 24 year old girl. I was there right after it happened.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 1:45 am
  • This accident happened where I live. I have continued to complain to HCSO about the excessive speed over the years, and even recently , yet my concerns go unanswered. I’ve witnessed accidents, replaced at least 5 mailboxes in less than 15 years, and I’ve buried numerous cats & dogs, and other animals that have been struck by speeding vehicles, some accidental and some I’ve even witnessed as intentional. I stopped walking my own dog after a couple of close calls by drivers that swerve onto the the grass while texting or preoccupied on their cell phone. I guess HCSO has more important areas to patrol, but eventually when people stop purchasing homes due to safety issues, thus effecting taxes which support their county budget and the number of officers on payroll, maybe then they’ll pay attention to the citizens concerns. My prayers go out to the victim and his family.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 12:01 am
  • Stop walking on the roads. People driving today have way too many distractions. I am not saying this is the case in this situation . This is just an observation. Just today I was stopped at the light by Ranch Hand and a black Honda ran through the red light at 60 or so never touched the brake pedal and the light had been red for several seconds. People , you need to pay attention.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:19 pm
  • Prayers

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:01 pm
  • It’s crazy how many people are getting hit lately…

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 10:50 pm