Mentally Ill Woman Disappears from Psychiatric Hospital – Could Be Aggressive

BROOKSVILLE – Authorities are searching for a mentally ill woman who disappeared from Springbrook Psychiatric Hospital early this morning and they fear she may be aggressive towards others.

According to officials, 22-year-old Jennifer Sue Taylor walked away from the facility, located at 7007 Grove road, around 8:12 a.m. They say she was last seen at the intersection of Barclay Ave and Cortez Blvd, attempting to get a ride back to her residence in Spring Hill.

Jennifer is described as a white female, 5’7”, 135 lbs., brown hair/brown eyes, wearing black shorts and a red t-shirt.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Jennifer Taylor is asked to contact he Sheriff’s Office at 352-754-6830.

UPDATE: 6/4/2015, 11:12 P.M. – Immediately after posting this report, RNRF received information that Jennifer Taylor was located at Oakhill Hospital. Law Enforcement is en route to her location at this time.

b15ed6d5-1860-4bfc-a93b-7a024a77cf6c

Comments
  • I been to springbrook a few times its what you make of it. Yes it needs repair but the staff was friendly. It is boring as they only have one tv and nothing else really to do. This place is supposed to help you which it does but it also can make you more crazy with the lack of things to do except sleep at stare at the walls. For me i am happier being at home where i can watch my own tv and do things and my parents are always there if i need them.

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 1:03 am
  • Everyone has something to say about everything. I do not know much about spring rook however I can tell you that Oakhill saved my life twice. It is not the greatest as far as the rooms, quite eerie at night. The nursing staff is slow when you press the button for assistance. The Emergency services is the best. I survived Cancer surgery as well as a Heart Attack. They saved my life both times. Not everyone is happy with everything. But we all must accept that most try. Most of those making negative statements probably have no clue what they are talking about. They just want to jump onto the trashing band wagon so they can see what others will respond about them. This shouldn’t be about bashing but about voicing honest opinions. I do not believe that some of the feeds here are truly honest let alone accurate. In this case, does anyone actually know why she left or how. Let’s just make assumptions why don’t we. How about this, gee sure hope she is safe on the streets and nothing bad happens to her.

Friday, 5 June 2015, 8:50 am
  • Hey Just Saying…first I wish you’d change your name here, and if the public is at risk, don’t you think a name and photo of the potentially dangerous person should be passed around so we know who to watch out for? When one becomes a threat to society all bets of privacy are off. You’re crazy for even saying that.

Friday, 5 June 2015, 8:33 am
  • Wanted to say congrats to Hmmm for a year of sobriety…nice job, keep it up.

Friday, 5 June 2015, 8:28 am
  • you guys are completely wrong about springbrook. the staff there helps a lot of people through a lot of things. I have seen it. I have been there. the food is actually pretty good. beds are comfortable, we got to watch tv make phone calls when we pleased. most people on here do not have a mental illness. I guarantee that if you had and went to springbrook you would not be saying those things. they are there to help and they succeed. some patients there are just good at escaping. it happens everywhere so why bash springbrook? needless to say she is back there and safe. good luck Jennifer and I hope you and your family get through this.

Friday, 5 June 2015, 5:23 am
  • Thankfully she has been found safe. Please pray for her, her friends and family. Hopefully she will be able to get the help she needs! Having a family member that is mentally ill I understand it is a endless road for everyone, but they have to have an understanding support system.

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 10:34 pm
  • There is enough mentally ill people in hernando county don’t need anymore beds. Ship them up north to ny. Since half of them came down from there.

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 10:33 pm
  • I completed a clinical rotation at Springbrook, and I’ll admit I was very disappointed at what I observed. In my opinion the county should be ashamed of itself, if this the best we can do with providing emergency mental health services. I do believe they have some well qualified staff there, but I also think they have some staff that should not be working in mental health. I found the administration section of the facility large, clean, and fairly updated, yet once you enter the locked units it’s a completely different story. The rest of the building is an eyesore, the areas used for the patients I found dirty, rundown, and over crowded. The patients rooms are far from being welcoming or comfortable. The children’s unit consist of one very small dark room that has a TV, table, and several small military style cots crammed next to one another, this is also where the boys and girls sleep together. The seniors are kept, all day, in a chair that’s also in a very small crowded, dirty room, they are kept there until they go to bed at night. The therapist are required to speak with their patients, usually without privacy, in public areas since they don’t have offices…those are used by the administrators. The only activity that’s available to the patients is Karaoke, in a tiny room that’s also the same room used for group sessions, on rare chance the patients might be permitted to go to the dark, dirty, very large, and basically empty gym. The questionable meals are prepared by the even more questionably qualified individuals, the meals are served in a large, bug infested cafeteria. I could go on & on, but I think you get the picture. This facility is old and rundown and needs a lot of help, the areas with space are not being utilized properly as needed, unnecessarily leaving the areas for patients crowded. Springbrook is supposed to provide those individuals that require immediate mental health care, including follow up, mental health services in a safe and conducive for health environment, and sadly I don’t believe they are doing this. Many of the patients in Springbrook do not even live in this county, yet local residents continue to be turned away daily due to the lack of available beds. I feel this county has a responsibility to the residents, they need to ensure that emergency mental health services are available, and that they are provided in a environmentally safe, and patient friendly atmosphere. Our mental health services need to be provided, as well as any employee of Springbrook, by properly trained and qualified professionals. Yes, I’m sure that Springbrook has helped a lot of people over the years, however I’m also certain the success stories are greatly outnumbered by the unsuccessful ones. And for those people that feel that this is what all emergency mental health facilities are like…I can assure you, as a medical professional for many years, this is absolutely not the case.

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 10:23 pm
  • This is horrible that her picture and name was shared so quickly with the public… So much for her and her family’s privacy.

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 9:39 pm
  • hernando county needs more beds for the mentally challenged

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 3:25 pm
  • As a former prisoner of Springbrook, I agree it is a hellhole. It is an embarrassment to mental health facilities nationwide (and I have been in more than one).

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 3:02 pm
  • Kudos to you Hmmm ! That’s great. Many people have differences of opinions. I just know of what I heard and seen and it wasn’t pleasant.

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 2:37 pm
  • I disagree I was baker acted after three years of meth use and i recommend springbrook for others like me. Here I am a year later and I’m still clean. When I hit rock bottom it was a safe clean environment that fed me and let me sleep until I was OK to leave. Honestly she’s an adult . and after 3 days you do get a choice. Yes springbrook is a locked facility but its not a prison

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 2:11 pm
    • Keep up the good work on staying clean… One day at a time..

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 2:49 pm
      • nice to see someone saying something nice 🙂

Friday, 5 June 2015, 9:52 am
  • I know of 2 that was at spring brook, one slashed his arms & legs because of their great care.

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 1:49 pm
  • G… You made me laugh because you took the words right out of my mouth

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 12:59 pm
  • Isn’t it a locked facility?

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 12:56 pm
  • I would not give you a penny for eather one

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 12:50 pm
  • Your the crazy one if you think O’KILL Hospital is any better.

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 11:56 am
  • Leave her at oak hill spring brook sux.

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 11:40 am
  • would like to kno how one could walk away from a mental health facility without being noticed

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 11:31 am
  • The place is a hellhole

Thursday, 4 June 2015, 11:26 am