Meth Lab Near Springstead High School Shut Down – Two Charged

SPRING HILL – Each day, students walking to and from Springstead High School, along Landover Blvd, unwittingly passed within feet of an operating methamphetamine laboratory. But that all came to an end early this morning, after the Sheriff’s Office Vice and Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant and arrested two suspects, allegedly responsible for the unlawful and extremely dangerous activity.

According to officials at the scene, after a lengthy investigation, detectives raided a home located at 3364 Chadwick Ave, where they discovered the meth lab operation. A Hazmat Unit responded to safely dismantle and dispose of the volatile chemicals.

A full report has not been released but officials say two people face charges, subsequent to the search warrant. One of the suspects, 56-year-old Jeffrey Lee Fitzgerald is currently charged with Possession of Paraphernalia. The second suspect’s identity has not been confirmed.

At this time, official do not believe the residence falls within 1,000 feet of the High School – if that were the case, the suspect’s charges would be enhanced.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

feet meth

fitz

Comments
  • Drugs are everywhere people! Ive lived all over and it doesnt matter where u go. Its all about choices! Parents need to stay invovled and aware of their children becuase there’s all kinds of temptation everywhere these days….I’m so sick of hearing how bad Spring Hill is, or Hudson or whatever! There are drugs all over, just different kinds depending on the area! Lets take responsibility for ourselves and stop blaming Geography!

Friday, 29 January 2016, 10:32 pm
  • I live around the corner, I didn’t know a thing. This is so scarey. I moved here from New Jersey to get away from all this.

Monday, 18 January 2016, 9:51 am
  • If you don’t like the laws, then get off your a**** and go vote!!
    It is the law makers who make the laws that tie the judges hands
    on bonds & prison terms, not HCSO . HCSO can only “enforce” the laws.
    And the judges have to follow the laws that are in effect on such actions!

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 11:19 pm
  • JB sounds like he pissed off because he needs to find a new dealer. Great job HCSO get these meth heads out of here.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 11:34 am
  • JB, what’s next you scum bag is you getting busted. That was about the most ignorant remark I have ever heard. You dumb ass.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 11:19 am
  • Really half the s**t “you”wrote on here just so happens to be bull****. I was there and seen it with my own, tell me im lieing, you have the address come seen me. Someone running a meth lab dont
    walk outta jail on a 100 dollar bond, and im standing here with Jeffro. Maybe your the one who sent the police here for Thomas, whats going on on Tomahawk?

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 8:15 am
  • Tony
    Now its the county since it was spring hill
    Its not just Brooksville is it
    jb
    Take ur comments stick em in ur pipe and smoke that
    Great job by the HCSO

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 7:51 am
  • I’ve been gone from the unbearable town for 7 months now and not a damn thing has changed but here’s the skinny. It’s been like that since I was little. Spring hill along had progressed worse and worse.
    There’s only so much that sheriff’s office can do to say the least.
    Some things gotta give or nothings gonna give.
    Unemployment line
    poverty
    Homeless
    Debt
    For closure
    Drugs
    Theft
    Even death

I’m glad my life had changed dramatically since I left.
    Best decision you can make

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 5:23 am
  • I’ve been to that house, never saw anything out of the ordinary there. It has only been a couple months.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 3:56 am
  • Isn’t that the breaking Bad gentleman? Seriously put some glasses on him and then take away the beard.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 12:12 am
  • Scary for law enforcement. These chemicals are extremely hazardous and toxic. Sometimes unknown until its too late. Not to mention easy to obtain and set up and with the highly addictive nature of the end product, are very common. From previous work experience, I know there are many of these make shift labs out there and only increasing in number. Please people talk to your family and kids about this stuff. Dont keep it taboo. You can make all the laws you want, but take one out of the loop and two or three more take the open position. Ive seen people with multiple points of manufacture due to finances and would tell the courts they could barely keep up with the demand. This is a huge epidemic on a national level. Law enforcement alone wont solve the issue but with the help of a community has a chance to make things better.

Monday, 11 January 2016, 10:08 pm
  • Jb, don’t worry I’m sure there’s another dealer close by. At least until HCSO finds them. Great job, thanks to our fine police department.

Monday, 11 January 2016, 9:17 pm
  • Criminals seem to be coming out of the wood work, we have to vote out judges and politicians who are not taking action. Keep your weapons handy!

Monday, 11 January 2016, 8:38 pm
  • Great job HCSO. Another one bites the dust!

Monday, 11 January 2016, 8:29 pm
  • The only prick I see here is you, Jb!! You are probably one of this loser’s clients. With any luck, the awesome HCSO will eventually pick you up for some unlawful activity and we will be relieved of one less scumbag on the streets!!

Monday, 11 January 2016, 3:55 pm
  • They cant be that much of a joke jb they have been busting losers left and right.

Monday, 11 January 2016, 2:48 pm
  • Give him life in prison.Wonder how many parents are living without a child because of a drug overdose of this pig

Monday, 11 January 2016, 2:44 pm
  • Smfh hcso your such a f*****g joke what’s next you f*****g pricks

Monday, 11 January 2016, 2:33 pm
  • I agree with “Spring hill mom”…good point!

Monday, 11 January 2016, 2:17 pm
  • I have been picking up the trash there for over a year and never would have thought it was a meth house.

Monday, 11 January 2016, 1:59 pm
  • I moved out here hoping I would not be near these meth heads in Pasco guess I was wrong this is disgusting

Monday, 11 January 2016, 1:20 pm
  • Just more low life sob’s occupying this county.

Monday, 11 January 2016, 1:06 pm
  • Hernando county is crawling with meth and drugs, its taken away my friends and people I loved. Its about time someone put an end to it

Monday, 11 January 2016, 12:41 pm
  • Keep it up Spring hill… maybe it will just blow up and we can go back to the way it was in the 80’s. No real crime!! Keep your doors n windows open. Kids riding Thier bikes to friends with no worries!! God bless these cops now!! Be safe out there all my public safety family!! It’s getting crazy! ! Glad I left in 2001!! Best decision I ever made!
    Paramedic LeCompte (aka stacie kepic)

Monday, 11 January 2016, 12:21 pm
  • Thats crazy bc i live near springstead

Monday, 11 January 2016, 12:07 pm
  • Omg.don’t u think your abit to old to be doing dumb s**t like that.

Monday, 11 January 2016, 11:52 am
  • I believe if a child could walk past the house to go to a school it should be with in the limits of those charges , if a bus won’t pick them up from that distance then it should be with in those laws of charges….good job hcso …let’s change the laws …I agree with kyle p

Monday, 11 January 2016, 11:41 am
  • shouldn’t the cross walk be part of the 1,000ft.

Monday, 11 January 2016, 10:49 am
  • time to up that 1000 to 1500 just like the meth bust next to fox chapel

Monday, 11 January 2016, 10:29 am
  • Poison-maker, life stealer, child killer!

Monday, 11 January 2016, 10:15 am
  • Just shoot him to send a clear message

Monday, 11 January 2016, 10:07 am