Missing Endangered Teen Recovered by Law Enforcement

SPRING HILL – The search has come to an end for a missing endangered teenager, who disappeared from his home on Pavia Lane, early Thursday morning.

According to his mother, 14-year-old Richard Gonzalez was recovered by law enforcement today and is safe at home.

The Sherriff’s Office says the FBI, FDLE, and St. Petersburg Police Department took part in locating Gonzalez.

Officials say the case is still under investigation.

RECOEVERED

Comments
  • yes concerned for the young mans safety… EXACTLY!

Wednesday, 9 September 2015, 6:30 am
  • To all the haters, mind your own business and then you wont be minding mine. The world is so full of haters. If you don’t like something just let it pass and go on about your business. If this was my child and the hateful comments were about him. I would gladly meet you anytime anywhere and have a fist to face conversation with you.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 12:37 am
    • Hopefully this isn’t your kid. You seem to have violent tendencies from what your post says. How dare you threaten the public who is concerned for this kids safety.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 10:15 am
  • Ok .. i am part of the family SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE! He was NOT abused at home and i can promise you that! IT IS NOONES CONCERN what is happening! Thank you to all that helped. Hes home and safe thats all the public needs to know. Hopefully this never happens to you or someone close to you ! Smh . Stop being so judging if you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 6:24 pm
    • A lot of people were concerned when he ran away. There’s a reason a child runs away from home. For his own mother to say he doesn’t hang out anywhere and is always home, that’s not typical of a 14 year old, unless he’s taking care of his disabled grandmother, which is a huge burden on a young teen boy. I hope and pray this young man is safe at home and I expect family to say he’s not being abused. What concerns the public is this. The FBI is involved and they do not get involved with normal runaway cases, unless state boundaries have been crossed.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 10:21 am
  • Something keeps nagging me about this story, so I decided to
    go back and read the first article comments again before commenting.

The mother made this comment on the first article that causes
    BIG RED FLAGS for me!!!
    She commented “he didn’t hang out anywhere. He was always home. He does like Starbucks.”

Now what typical 14 year old doesn’t like to hang out with friends??
    Is he in an abusive home, as some have commented???
    OR, maybe he has mental/emotional/physical issues that keeps
    him in the house all the time??

Either way, I hope this boy is going to be well taken care of..

My prayers to this boy.

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 4:34 pm
  • We aren’t “entitled” to any information when it is an ongoing investigation. I’m just happy that he was found safe and I pray that if there is anything that is threatening this child’s welfare, the investigation will be successful in solving the case and keeping him safe.

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 3:10 pm
  • I am glad he was found safe and back home.

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 12:22 pm
  • Maybe the boy got beat so bad someone took him to St. Pete, so that time would help heal the wounds that were inflicted? Anyone who doesn’t find something wrong with this story is blinded. Living in the neighborhood as this child does, I know I was followed TWICE by the helicopter the day it was out looking. I’m within eyeshot of the home this child lives I and I have not seen nearly the activity around there as one would expect, nor have I seen the van leave the yard. A lot of resources went out to find this child and I feel the public is entitled to know. He was first reported as endangered, but that label soon was gone. FBI could be involved because electronic devises were used, or for a number of reasons. How many other children who go missing require the assistance of the FBI in the search? Not many. I agree with The whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 11:54 am
  • @Kellie Harris. If you know for a fact that this child is being abused at home, did you report it? I hope to God you did. Maybe that is why it’s an ongoing investigation.

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 11:16 am
  • And by the way, I do understand hopefully your comments were made because you’re actually looking for the whole story to be told with the use of your tax paying dollars going into the investigation of this missing child. But, that’s why they call it an investigation because it’s an ongoing event to gather information to solve or understand a case that the investigators don’t fully understand at the present time or by releasing the information to early might hinder or harm the case altogether.

My last note on this subject would be search the internet to see what other things your tax paying dollars go to pay for before you’re concerned about using them for searching for a missing child and you not getting the whole story the next day.

Thanks for understanding my point of view also.

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 10:42 am
  • Outraged by a comment left here about your tax paying dollars being used to help find this missing child. Would it make you feel better knowing your tax paying dollars go everyday to pay for that new state office chair, office supplies, lunch meetings, abused welfare money or out of state contractors to come fix/correct roads (Cortez Blvd) we tried to do ourselves but, got it wrong?

Thank God we have the FBI and FDLE willing to join in a task force to help find a missing child when our local law enforcement needs help outside their jurisdictions. If you’re looking for a thank you for spending that 5 or 10 cents in tax money then “Thank You”

These are all things plus more frivolous things your tax dollars go to pay for. I’m very Happy that my tax paying dollars go to pay for the search of our children in need and in danger! So I’ll pick up the tab this time and we’ll call it even.

Good luck with your future tax priorities as mine were well spent this time!

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 8:56 am
  • SAFE AT HOME? I DONT THINK SO……..

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 7:39 am
  • There needs to be a investigation from children and familys!!! I know for a fact this boy is and has been badly abused in his own home. Sure is sad how they can put a abused child RUNAWAY back into a abusers home!!! That’s what has been HIDDEN! This young poor boy is afraid and being treated wrong!!!!!! someone needs to speak out and speak up and help this child NOW!!!!!!!!

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 7:38 am
  • It’s so nice to see that at least one person appears happy the boy was found safe. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU! You’re all like spectators at a car race waiting for the bloody wreck. So sad, what’s happened to us?

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 4:42 am
  • There’s no reason for the FBI to be involved- it appears to either be a HOAX, or someone is hiding ALOT of information

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 2:59 am
  • He wasn’t in another state

Sunday, 6 September 2015, 12:43 am
  • I believe if a minor is suspected to be in another state the fbi gets involved correct ?

Saturday, 5 September 2015, 8:12 pm

Saturday, 5 September 2015, 4:10 pm
  • I totally agree it sounds like a set up

Saturday, 5 September 2015, 3:42 pm
  • Why is the FBI involved? Was this a kidnapping, non family abduction or something like that which would need a federal agencies help?

Saturday, 5 September 2015, 3:00 pm
  • So glad the boy is safe! 🙂

Saturday, 5 September 2015, 2:47 pm
  • So this kid made it to St. Pete and there is an open investigation, to include the FBI and FDLE. This is not typical of a “runaway” case. He walked out of his home at 1:31 am, the cops were called at 1:39 am and they could not find him then. That evening there was a helicopter put in the air to try to locate him as well as many units on the ground. I’d like to know the whole story on this, since a bunch of my tax dollars were spent to locate this boy, whose mother said he ran away because his father beats him. Who took him to St. Pete? My thinking is, there was a ride waiting for him when he went out that door. However Momma’s friend is all over facebook saying this kid had it good at home, yada, yada, yada. and they had reason to believe he was heading to Pasco County. For a kid who is from a family that started in Miami, moved to Orlando then migrated west, something stinks to high heavens here.

Saturday, 5 September 2015, 1:59 pm
    • I am curious about all of those things you mentioned, as well.
      Especially the “ongoing investigation”!!!!
      I doubt we will ever hear the WHOLE story,
      since he IS a juvenile, unless it was an abduction!
      @The whole truth and nothing but the truth

Saturday, 5 September 2015, 6:01 pm