Mother and Daughter Sustain Traumatic Injuries in Rollover Crash

SPRING HILL – A mother and daughter sustained traumatic injuries this afternoon, when their minivan flipped on Commercial Way, near Caribbean Drive.

According to witnesses, the driver lost control of the van, after her wheels left the roadway and dug into the soft dirt.

A 15-year-old girl may have sustained two broken legs, after she was ejected from the vehicle. It is believed that she was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.

A 48-year-old woman may have sustained a head injury, but witnesses say she was conscious and breathing. One witness said the driver was calling out for her daughter, who was found approximately 30 feet away from the scene of the crash.

Both patients were transported by ground to Bayonet Point Hospital, where their condition is unknown at this time.

Roll 3

Roll 1 Roll 2

Comments
  • Georgie, I am so glad you and your mom are okay. Ignore the naysayers, they don’t have a life. Take care of your family. You are blessed.

Wednesday, 7 October 2015, 1:16 am
  • My name in is Georgie I am the daughter that got ejected from the car, I would like to thank everyone who kept me in there prayers. I am doing well I do have a long recovery but I am alive & very thankful. Now to all the negative people who talked none sense & wasn’t even in the accident, I WAS wearing my seatbelt , I was ejected because there was a malfunction in the seat belt & none of the air bags went off. Also my mother was NOT texting someone cut her off & she was trying to avoid a accident which resulted in us getting us into a accident because someone else was care less. Again I thank everyone who was supportive & kept us in there prayers & for the ones who talked shit get your info before you pass judgement.

Tuesday, 6 October 2015, 8:21 pm
  • Prayers for this family. Tom can you get an update?

Tuesday, 16 June 2015, 10:03 am
  • You people are disgusting!..always ready to just assume she was on her phone how about if we say I hope the family is OK!!!..smh

Monday, 15 June 2015, 9:49 pm
  • Why does everyone assume she was on her cell!!! Stop assuming things for all anyone knows she swerved for a reason like being cut off which happens all the damn time because people act like where they are going is so important. Drivers have no consideration for others. Statistically seatbelts cause injury and death as well so wearing it doesn’t always matter stop being so judgmental jeez. They are called accidents for a reason….as in no one means to wreck their car or cause an accident.

Prayers to the family 🙁

Sunday, 14 June 2015, 2:36 pm
  • @jami, how is your mom and sister doing?!? I was there as soon as it happened and stayed until the ambulance left. I’ve been wondering about them!

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 6:30 pm
  • @Jami, Hope your Mom and lil sis are doing okay…I was the guy that found them at the accident and was talking to your mom till the moment they took her to hospital. Our prayers to your Family..Hope they get better soon..
    God Bless

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 5:57 pm
  • OMG my heart goes to this family. So sad it’s another bad accident. Working at a trauma center and seeing these everyday my heart breaks. Hope for a fast recovery.

Friday, 12 June 2015, 6:01 pm
  • Tony you are just an ignorant person! God be with you because you really need it!! God doesn’t like UGLY!! Watch what you say maybe it can be you & your family one day!!

Friday, 12 June 2015, 4:16 pm
  • Another roll over, It’s a No Brainer to fasten your seat belt when ever your in a moving car so I guess there were no brains involved in this crash, Second, Another roller over,, I can’t believe all the roll over accidents that there are in this county, It;s not easy to roll a car over unless your speeding and driving recklessly

Friday, 12 June 2015, 2:55 pm
  • Way to go Jami, When I went by yesterday and saw the person laying on the pavement that ended up being your sister my heart just sunk, and I feared for her. My continued prayers will be coming your way for your Mom and sister and family that they make a full recovery. People end up running their mouth but they need to stop to think, and switch positions and imagine themselves in your families shoes, maybe they would think twice about the things they say.

Friday, 12 June 2015, 2:21 pm
  • First of all this is a very sad moment for this family and for some of you to down this mother when you don’t know her is horrible. This report says it is to be believed she was not wearing a seat belt and no where in here does it state that the mother was on the phone. You know media likes to boost things up.So stop jumping to conclusions. I am a close friend to the daughter of this mother and this family is AMAZING! If you have anything negative to say please keep it to your self. This family doesn’t need your negativity. And thank you to the ones who are sending your prayers and positive comments! It is very much need! All of my love and prayers goes out to your mother and sister! I love you!

Friday, 12 June 2015, 2:15 pm
    • @Heather…It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that she was NOT wearing a seat belt.
      You can’t be ejected from a vehicle if you are BUCKLED IN!

Nonetheless, prayers to the injured and their family. Very tragic situation. 🙁

Friday, 12 June 2015, 5:23 pm
  • I pray for this family and hope everything turns out good for them I can only imagine how I would feel if this was my family God bless

Friday, 12 June 2015, 10:30 am
  • And thank you everyone who is praying for our family it is greatly appreciated!!

Friday, 12 June 2015, 9:28 am
  • How about we just keep our comments to ourselves! You guys don’t know exactly what happened! That’s my Mother & little sister and they are in very critical conditions!! This is a very hard time for our family so please no neagative comments!! Only prayers please!!!!

Friday, 12 June 2015, 9:25 am
    • I pray that your mom & sister will be okay.
      And prayers to your family, tragic accident. 🙁

Friday, 12 June 2015, 5:26 pm
  • I broke my neck in a car accident when I want wearing a seatbelt, I learned my lesson!!!

Friday, 12 June 2015, 6:22 am
  • Sending prayers

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 9:15 pm
  • Roll overs happen when you try to over correct. Prayers for them

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 8:39 pm
  • How did the driver lose control of the van by the tires digging into soft sand? There’s a 3 to 4 foot additional marked lane outside of the car lane? I have no doubt that this was another preventable accident by just staying off the cell phone. The mother was irresponsible for not having her daughter wear her seat belt…we have them for a reason, but they only work if you buckle up. I do wish a full recovery for both victims.

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 7:59 pm
  • How do you roll over people? ….it’s a straight roadway….it must be a fad down here…

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 7:27 pm
  • Pray for fast healing and that they always remember to wear a seat belt!

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 6:01 pm
  • oh my! I hope they are going to be ok 🙁

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 6:01 pm
  • Sending Prayers for Mom and Daughter, and the Family.

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 5:55 pm
  • Why didn’t the mother make her wear her seat belt

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 5:51 pm
  • I hope they are OK. Please wear the seat belt!!!

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 5:50 pm
  • Seat belts save lives and prevent ejection she would probably have walked away from it. Wear your seat belt people please

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 5:47 pm
  • I pray that they are OK, but still it makes me angry that the mother didn’t ensure the child’s safety by insisting she wear a seat belt.

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 5:46 pm
  • Not wearing a seat belt is stupid , I don’t put it in drive unless everyone has them on , how careless and stay off the dam phone !

Thursday, 11 June 2015, 5:45 pm