Mother Continues to Seek Justice for Slain Daughter – WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO

HERNANDO – While most families are making plans to spend time with loved ones this Holiday season, a Hudson family will be holding back the tears for a 7-year-old boy who lost his mother and unborn brother to an accidental shooting last year.

On July 26th 2014 Katherine Hoover and her husband Carson Hoover planned to visit William DeHayes and his wife Christina Erickson at their Brooksville home. Soon after their arrival, Katherine who was 5-months pregnant at the time, lay dying on the kitchen floor as a result of a gunshot wound to the head. Despite efforts to save Katherine and her unborn son, Rehlin, both died less than 24 hours after the shooting.

Kathrine’s Mother and Father, Donna and Gary Bryan do the best that they can to care for her son, Nicholas Peck, while they try to cope with the untimely death of their daughter.

RNRF acquired the 911 audio and interrogation video of the shooter, William DeHayes, which reveals details that Donna says should have led to an indictment against DeHayes. But to her dismay, last December Assistant State Attorney Pete Magrino announced that “Based on the facts… I do not believe there is sufficient evidence to charge DeHayes with a crime.”

In the video DeHayes admits to ingesting a cocktail of strong narcotics just minutes before the fatal shooting. That cocktail included Methadone, Lortab, and Soma, all of which can effect judgement and motor skills. Click the following Youtube link for actual 911 audio and video of DeHayes’ interrogation. WARNING THE VIDEO CONTAINS SOME GRAPHIC IMAGES, DISTURBING AUDIO, AND FOUL LANGUAGE.

Earlier this year, Donna contacted the office of State Attorney Brad King and asked that he reconsider the decision and charge Mr. Dehayes, based on the use of narcotics. King responded “If Mr. DeHayes was impaired by the use of drugs or alcohol – that would be a factor that would be considered.” But King says Dehayes did not appear to be impaired, according to law enforcement officers who interacted with him; subsequently, King declined to reopen the case.

Since receiving the heartbreaking news that Dehayes would go unpunished for her daughter’s death, Donna reached out to Attorney General Pam Bondi, Governor Rick Scott, and started a petition to raise awareness of her daughter’s case.

On September 15th, Donna sent a letter to Brad King, once again pleading that justice be served in her daughter’s case. Donna cited several Florida Statutes that she says should have been considered during the investigation. But the most important question that Donna posed to Mr. King was why investigators didn’t order a blood draw of from Mr. Dehayes to rule out any unknown contributing factors or excessive intoxicant levels.

According to Florida Statute 790.151 – Using firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, chemical substances, or controlled substances… commits a misdemeanor of the second degree… CLICK HERE FOR FULL STATUTE

Mr. King responded by stating “I gave you the courtesy of nearly an hour of personal time in which we talked about each of these matters. I did that to give you some sense of closure in that I had considered each of the items that you raised and responded to them. The final take away from our meeting was that there would be no criminal charges and that you were going to work to try to change the law. I do not intend to keep reiterating in different forms what I have previously told you.”

Dehayes could not be reached for comment but during a recent exclusive interview with Brandy Zadrozny of the Daily Beast, Dehayes said “I’d want revenge, too, but they are going about it all wrong. Everybody is,” DeHayes said. “I have not been the same since. I stick to my room. I don’t look at the kitchen. I don’t go into the kitchen. I go out the back door instead of the front because the front is where they came in. And we’re going to be moving soon.”

“I’d give my life to take it back,” he said.

Donna vows to continue fighting for justice in the name of her slain daughter and unborn grandson, and has provided the following link to a Change.org Petition

death 5 death 4 death 3 death 2 death 1 article-2707847-200CBA2400000578-161_634x532

Comments
  • I am so sorry what happened to you. You certainly don’t deserve that. That lowlife poor white trash is still walking around when he should be locked up for at least 20 years. But Donna ,you live in Flori-duh , One of the worst states in the country. I’ve never seen people with so disregard for life as the people that live in Florida. God bless you and keep on fighting. One day you will get justice for your daughter and grandson. And God will give him the justice he deserves, the day he closes his eyes for good. The devil has a seat and help for him, and he will roast like a pig on a spit going around and around, in hell.

Friday, 9 September 2016, 2:01 pm
  • I’m sorry, but what hospital do you go to ER with CHEST PAINS & blood is NOT drawn straight away, not to mention handling a gun & 2 people die!?!?!? I’m so confused !!! They took my blood right after EKG, standard proceed I was told, not to mention he admits to being medicated ( I dont care if he said 1 medication) & toying around with guns!!! Knowing ALL these meds in medical feild……just Soma alone would alter his ability to talk much less handle a weapon! !! Shame on you HCSO!!! GBY&KYS to family! !!! You have a blessing in your grandson…..keep honoring your daughter through him with love!!! God will gve you the strength to see you thru this!!

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 7:40 pm
  • Thank you so very much WWJD I loved my daughter and grandson and I love the grandson I’m raising for if not for him I am not sure I would be here today but with the Grace Of God I am in a group called Compassionate Friends and it does help but I can not let someone get away with killing her and my grandson especially when he has no remorse what’s so ever. Just recently 3/19/16 he was arrested for shooting his gun in public when he was extremely intoxicated and the sheriffs report said he had not a care for anyone else with his shooting. You can read about it on realnewsrealfast as Tom covered the story I am a nervous wreck he will kill someone else and I have been trying to get the authorities to do something about him and his guns but I guess they don’t care it was there child or grandchild and if he kills someone else they will probably let him get away with it I am trying to warn the public to beware please

Friday, 25 March 2016, 10:41 pm
  • Bigpapa, that was beautifully said and I totally agree. Forgiveness is not for those who harm it’s but more for us to not harm ourselves by letting eat up the goodness of our soul.

That said… It takes a strong person of faith who is ready in their walk to give up and let God handle it. As a mother, and a strong faithful mother at that, I’m not sure I would not do the same as Donna. I think my soul would break with my heart. God says he won’t give you now than you can handle, and this is a pretty y’alltall order Donna, so my prayers are with you and your family.

What I don’t understand is the callous and hateful remarks other humans could give to a grieving mother. Or to a reporter who is willing to step out of his comfort zone and fulfill HER REQUEST and help her. Not will I understand how a man who was Katherine’s husband take away the ashes of a small child’s mother that will one-day need closure. And yes he may come across this and see graphic photos but he will also see the hatefulness of strangers that will hurt him and the love and comfort of the defenders (also strangers) which will hopefully instill peace and forgiveness in him.

God bless you all, no I’m not a bleeding heart or a Dolly Do-Gooder. I’m just me, a person with empathy and Jesus in my heart. A person who believes hatred and ugliness is killing our world. People need to be accountable. That man should have stood up and said it was accidental and taken what the courts have him, if he truly wished he could trade places. But he has to live for ever with the demons of taking the lives of two beautiful spirits he will never be able to stop feeling that pain.

Donna, I would call Nancy Grace, THIS sounds like her cup of tea. And I will circulate and sign your petition. I will never stop loving my guns but I do think that they need to have something in place that will investigate future gun owners.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 4:06 am
  • I remember a gunman entering an Amish school and killing all the children, as much anguish and pain that the parents had they forgave that man and showed love and kindness to his widow. i am not saying that justice should not be served and a parent should not out live their children.but God teaches us to love our neighbors and forgive those who trespass against us. No matter what anyone does or doesn’t do it will not bring back this lovely girl or her unborn Angel, to truly have closure and true justice you need to forgive, and only when you forgive is when God will lift that burden from you, and only then will you feel that Katherine is truly at peace with her child. And for those of you that will be quick to judge i am a combat vet that has seen tragedy from both sides as well as been a participant for years i could not bare what i did or what i saw until i found inner peace by forgiving others and finally forgiving myself.

Friday, 4 March 2016, 12:56 am
  • I will sign…this idiot, with no regard for life needs to be punished! So sorry for your loss!

Monday, 1 February 2016, 8:41 am
  • Donna, it’s stubborness, I guess. He made up his mind from the beginning and the more people try to change his mind, the more he sticks to his decisions. You have véry valid arguments backed up by laws. The State Attorney’s in the wrong here. His answer to you in that letter is even patronizing, in my opinion. ‘Oh, I gave you an hour of my time, so stop whining.’ That’s how it comes across. He should be ashamed of himself for that. I’m sooo sorry that you did not only loose your daughter and unborn grandchild all due to a guy who mostly feels sorry for himself but brought it on himself with his véry negligent behaviour, but that you also have to deal with a State Attorney like that. It’s time people higher up than him are starting to listen and act by correcting this misjustice. I keep you in my thoughts.

Monday, 1 February 2016, 8:11 am
  • Thank you so much. I wish someone could tell me why State Attorney Brad King refuses to prosecute cause he never gives me a straight answer he talks about other cases but no my daughters and I can tell you I am beyond devastated

Sunday, 10 January 2016, 10:48 am
  • I never knew they showed the interrogation.To me it look like he was forcing out tears.He said he doesn’t know why the gun goes off then says he almost blew his head off 3x’s.So If u knew the Gun was falty &goes off at anytime ur negligent.You should have never had the gun around anyone period especially a 60+yro gun.Alot just didn’t make any sense to me&to find him not guilty is ridiculous.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 5:43 pm
  • Im signing too. This man is at the very least negligent. I too have lost an adult child. Not under these circumstances but I do empathize with the family. I’m so so sorry for ur losses.

Sunday, 20 December 2015, 11:12 pm
  • Sorry for your loss, is a terrible tragedy.. he needs t be prosecuted….where’s the petition , to sign it…..this cannot be left without justice…….I’ll sign your petition if it helps….
    There’s no justice here…..

Friday, 18 December 2015, 4:05 pm
  • I don’t know about Florida but here in AR if you shoot somebody you automatically get taken into custody and have your blood drawn and interviewed. This is even done in the cases of children accidental shootings.This ensures that they cover all the bases in every case. They get them pulled away from anyone else at the scene and taken to the department to wait to be interviewed. Florida screwed the pooch on this one. In our state just the fact that he admits that he took the drugs before shooting her would be enough. Not to mention who decides hay were having a get together with some friends with their kid lets pull out the guns. Really who does that. This is the time you make sure your house is safe and clean, that usually mean no guns laying around. Most of us ladies stress when someones coming over about our house and guns being out would be a problem especially if they had a child. I’m sorry something is wrong with this situation. I do wish they had tried to deliver the baby and save it which is also something they do in this state, bad on you Florida. I will sign your petition gladly. He needs more punishment than his guilt.

Monday, 7 December 2015, 12:04 am
    • Dear Wanda, Thank you so much. That law is also here in Florida the Sheriffs was suppose to take a blood test but there answer was the sheriffs didn’t think he was under the influence so they didn’t test him. the Sheriffs office admitted there only wrong doing was not call child protective services which is also the law here nor did they call the attorney generals office cause they prosecute such cases. The baby boy Rehlin was born he was 1 lb 11ozs cute as could be and lived for 41 minutes before he died however the hospital they delivered him in was not a hospital that specializes in preemies and the surgeon said he wasn’t viable but I do know he had all his vital organs and according to the medical examiner there wasn’t anything wrong with him. I wish the man had guilt I wish the 911 caller had emotions but that is not the case. I can tell you he is very happy and now married to the 911 caller the day after they refused to prosecute. I think that county is the only county that endorses Legalized Murder thank you again

Monday, 7 December 2015, 6:47 pm
  • This man should not be walking the streets. So sorry

Friday, 27 November 2015, 8:39 am
  • I’m signing.. Sorry for your loss ?

Friday, 27 November 2015, 1:34 am
  • Imagine it were you’re daughter .would any of you feel the same way ? If it was my son I’d want him to be held accountable .at the least some negligence……

Sunday, 15 November 2015, 9:11 am
    • ty Michelle

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 6:01 pm
      • i thought in the story that he was sent to the hospital because he was having chest pains..did they notice anything or did they draw blood..and if you can’t get the prosecutors to do anything can you sue for civil damages, including damages for grief, sorrow, and mental suffering…seems like since your daughter was in his house at the time of the shooting..that you might file against the homeowners insurance…or renters for liability…i dont know…i know you are worn out and worn down by all of this..i hope something comes your way..donna..

Monday, 23 November 2015, 9:59 pm
        • Thank you Sharon he was sent to the hospital for chest pains which was anxiety and no the sheriffs deputies did not draw blood as the statues state they should have as they didn’t think he was high and believed he took therapeutic dosages but they should have and they didn’t follow protocol but they having nothing to fear as they have friends in the State Attorneys Office. I can not sue as she had a husband and parents are not allowed to sue. Her surviving son also can not sue so he gets nothing. the child can’t even get any of the things that belonged to his mother as her husband has gotten rid of everything including her ashes. I firmly believe a major investigation needs to be done not only in the sheriff’s office but the State Attorneys office as well there is way to much corruption and no one seems to care. I have been told that this is what the people want cause both the State Attorney and the Sheriff are elected officials but if you have done as much research as I have on both of these gentlemen I can assure you you wouldnt want them anywheres near you or your family. I guess the Rico statues dont apply to public officials just my opinion. I am sicken of the justice system how corrupt and how many unjustices have been done to people it is a disgrace

Thursday, 26 November 2015, 12:18 pm
  • Donna, i am one of the people who signed on fb to help. Do not pay attention to idiots posting in his favor! They obviously havent lost a child and unborn grandchild so they shouldnt say shit! Keep going with the pics, posting, awareness! Dont let it die like that idiot caused your daughter and grandchild to. Theres a poor little boy left without a mom because of this! So tragic and sad! I had tears in my eyes during that call! This is horrible!

Thursday, 12 November 2015, 2:27 pm
    • Thank you so much Tonig I will keep fighting for my daughter and grandsons I just don’t like people bashing Tom for telling the truth and helping me by telling her story I think Tom is a helluva guy

Thursday, 12 November 2015, 6:40 pm
  • I will sign it to help you things like this need to come to a stop

Wednesday, 11 November 2015, 7:57 am

Thursday, 12 November 2015, 6:41 pm
  • I will sign your petition, this is awful. It happened to my good friend last year.

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 6:39 pm
  • FROM THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE:
    5 years in prison for man who fatally shot friend while showing off gun

A man who prosecutors say accidentally killed a friend while showing off a gun pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death and was sentenced to five years in prison Wednesday, according to court records. Paris D. Walker-Rush, 26, admitted Wednesday to involuntary manslaughter and being a felon…

Friday, 6 November 2015, 2:45 pm

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 12:36 am
  • My favorite part of the video: ‘…Do you ever watch the quick draw videos on YouTube? I’m disabled now, and figured I need to do something now…’
    It bothers me greatly knowing he even DROVE to their friends home on that fateful day.
    Aside from his part in causing this tragedy, the guy is a loser.
    And I’m think the prosecuter is a wimp.
    Sorry for your loss Donna

Friday, 6 November 2015, 5:50 am
    • thank you please remember this state attorney when he is up for reelection

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 12:37 am
  • SPN, I still haven’t seen anything here that I haven’t seen on the morning news. I commend Donna for trying to get people to think twice before they bring a gun around other people. Again very sorry for your loss!

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 5:05 pm
  • !!typo not?

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 7:44 pm
  • My family has fought for your right and some have died for your liberal butt Ron Brown to say what you think, with that said I hope you are the first one on the train when they come, course you probably don’t know what that means, but we who know history will know. For the mother and grandmother I will sign your petition and pray for your families healing. This guy who shot her is an idiot playin with a loaded gun. Thank you TOM for bringing this story here?

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 7:40 pm
  • So sad for this family. Apparently this idiot didn’t have enough brains to unload a gun before showing it. We don’t need more gun control, we need idiot control. Ron Brown, your obviously a liberal OBummer supporter. Again to the family, hang in there.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 5:28 pm
    • hillbilly…please tell me again how you don’t know of Real News ever posting pictures of bloody bodies? What do you call a picture of a young woman after being shot in the head, such that was posted here? This photo was NOT published on other media news sites, nor should it have ever been posted here. Would you want to be reminded of your daughter, sister, or mother like this? Seriously…this is only done for media sensationalism on Tom’s part…enough is enough!

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 8:57 pm
        • Tom…the key word is “devastated” mother, which means she is not in her right state of mind, and rightly so due to the given circumstance. It’s then the responsibility of the editor to print what is appropriate, and refrain from what is not. Regardless of whether you give a warning or not, and b/c this is only online news, it is still accessible to children, including the son of this poor mother. Tom I do enjoy your stories for the most part…however, it’s also about having a little restraint when it comes to what you choose to share with your online viewers.

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 2:47 pm
      • I did supply the photo as this is the last image I have of my beautiful daughter. This is not to gross people out this photo is to help people. Maybe the image of what happens to someone when the simple rules of gun ownership is not followed may make someone stop and think before they take drugs (illegal or legal) and or alcohol before playing with a loaded weapon around people. People need to be made aware that guns are not toys but are weapons and people who don’t follow the simple rules of gun ownership should be held accountable for there actions. These types of photos should be shown to people before they own a gun so they can see the damage a bullet does to a persons body. There are no accidents when it comes to guns. Guns are dangerous weapons. I am not against guns just the killer who didn’t follow the simple rules of gun ownership. My daughter was an adult it could have happened to one of the children in that house could you imagine what that would look like. The thought scares me especially since the killer got his guns back

Thursday, 5 November 2015, 2:58 pm
  • He appears to be a normal Hernando county pos. Just look at his pictures and yes its stereotyping but it’s usually right. The DA is very weak and only prosecutes cases that are a sure win for them. He should do some time if anything for untentional manslauter. I’m also sure HCSO messed up the invesgation and are covering up there tracks. Which makes it even harder to prosecute.
    Now for the so called innocent girl well that’s the chance u take when you hang out with trash. If your pregnant and hanging out with a guy that is drinking, medicating himself and then playing with guns like a toy and you don’t leave well that’s the kinda stuff that happens.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 5:21 pm
    • Punisher my daughter was only there because of her husband, She never met this man before the day he killed her and her husband brought her there to meet his friend. I know if she would have known he was on medications and was going to play with guns she would have stayed home to finish the nursery. Shes not trash nor did she know she was going to meet trash either way it doesn’t give someone the right to take someones life. The man got away with legalized murder! Not once but twice!!!

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 8:11 pm
  • So sad for this family. Apparently this idiot didn’t have the brains to unload the gun before bringing it around people. We don’t need more gun control, we need idiot control. Prayers to the family
    Ron Brown your obviously a liberal OBummer supporter

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 5:15 pm
  • I have signed this petition many times. It has been 18 years for me since my daughter was killed. I hope you get some help with your anger, because the law is the law. I tried to do the same and it took me many years down the road to realize I was getting no where here in Pasco County. I only can hold on to the fact at the end of time he faces his bigger judge. God blessed you with her son, and I am praying for easier years to come for you and your family. I hope you succede with your mission, but don’t let it consume you until you are so stressed you lose your life to it. God bless and prayer for you and your family. I will continue to sign your petitions. <3

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 4:15 pm
  • So sad. My condolences to Donna. I can’t imagine. This reminds me of the shooter Justin Artt and Hernando County not prosecuting that murderer either. Junkies and meth heads know they can shoot and kill someone here, say it was either accidental or in self defense and they will not be prosecuted. Hernando County and the State Attorney’s office SUCK!!

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 3:18 pm
  • You know this is not over they did not arrest this murdering scumbag because they have not decided who else to charge. If your stupid enough to believe this guys crocodile tears move to Australia we have more alligators here. Gee guns just go off around this fake injury no job loser. His shotgun and his handgun but neither hit the person closest to the weapons. His magic bullet that hit someone behind him hmmm. Bullets go where the weapon is pointed that is why he still has both feet.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 3:03 pm
  • Damn I can’t even get away with a traffic charge….they come at you full force for that, but hey you can get away with murder………….way to go hernando your moral compass may need a tune up.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 2:41 pm
  • This was a very sad situation for all involved and a woman and unborn lost lives and a young child lost his mother , let alone the mother who lost a daughter…I have listened to these and followed the case. Charges will not be made as hard as it is to do time to move forward. Nothing will bring this woman and her unborn back

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 12:34 pm
  • I still say it is the girls, and the parents fault for hanging around a deadbeat…a guy like that would never be allowed in my property…… and with firearms!!

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 9:56 am
  • Cover up somewhere, when will the spring hill community of non idiots wake up to those facts

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 8:45 am
    • I agree Doc

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 10:14 am
  • That’s a hell of a generalization Ron brown. Simple fact…Some people are too ignorant to have guns just as some are to ignorant to have opinions.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 8:16 am
  • BLESS THIS FAMILY DEAD AND ALIVE. I BELIEVE THERE WAS NO HATE INVILVED IN THIS ACCIDENT. ACCIDENT GOD BLESS TO ALL INVOLVED. SHALLOW PEOPLE SUCK…

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 7:54 am
  • He seemsije a scum bag and I doubt it was a so called accident and being under the influence of drugs is not a defense

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 7:25 am
  • @ron your atypical liberal.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 7:13 am
  • @me. There is no excuse for “accidentally” shooting someone. If you can’t handle the truth maybe you should stick to one of the many bleeding heart liberal media outlets

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 7:06 am
  • This man should have been charged with at LEAST manslaughter.

One must wonder who in law enforcement is protecting him and why.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 6:49 am
  • I’m honestly not even sure what to think of this…….it’s very tragic. My heart goes out to the family of the mother and unborn child.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 6:32 am
  • I’m referring to your last sentence.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 6:04 am
  • Thank you Ron Brown for that comment. It shows just what an IDIOT you are in so many ways!

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 5:45 am
  • Tom is a true man of the people. Fighting for truth and justice.. Or just to rile people up. How is he a reporter? “Me” you are right on .

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 10:45 pm
    • Joe you are so wrong just as me is. Tom is an excellent journalist and he is a true man who fights for truth and justice. The truth often hurts and often makes people angry. Tom I am thankful for you to continuing to follow this story and as Katherine’s mother I owe you alot for keeping her story alive

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 10:26 am
  • What a COWARD. If he’s such a big man with a gun, why don’t he admit that he did wrong and just suffer the consequences. No he’s a coward just like all gun owners are big f***ing cowards.

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 9:42 pm
    • Stereotype much Ron Brown? So according to you, All Military, Law Enforcement, Government Agents, and Legal gun owners are all just Cowards. You are an Idiot.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 9:24 am
    • PROUD GUN OWNER HERE AND NOT A COWARD WANNA TRY ME?

Thursday, 24 March 2016, 4:58 pm
  • It’s very sad, But, there is way to much going on in this situation, maybe one of those stories RNRF, should just stay away from…… You have to feel for both sides, leave it to the courts……

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 8:50 pm
    • How can you leave it to the courts when you cant get it to the court? The Sheriffs office didn’t follow protocol and the state attorney wants to save face but there are to many cases out there that has been screwed up

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 10:29 pm
  • OMG..This guy ADMITS to taking “THREE” DIFFERENT NARCOTICS” WHILE
    HANDLING A FIREARM and Brad King DECLINES TO PROSECUTE!!!!!
    Are you kidding me???????????????

WHY was his BLOOD NOT DRAWN & TESTED by Law Enforcement??????????

A woman & unborn child are DEAD while he is FREE to do it again!!!!!!

In MY mind he IS “under the influence” and had no business handling a firearm,
    especially with other INNOCENT people around!!
    This is a good example of why many people want firearms outlawed, because
    of SCUMBAGS like him & DRUGGIES/DRUG DEALERS who kill innocent
    people every single day in this country and around the world…

I remember when this happened last year, but these details were never made public
    to my knowledge.

When I listened to the 911 call in the video above, and then watched the video,
    I balled my eyes out.
    I couldn’t live with myself knowing that I killed a mom & unborn baby. I would kill
    myself!

To the family: I am so very sorry for your loss. 🙁

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 7:11 pm
    • PS
      And he ADMITTED the gun was old including it being a faulty gun in
      saying the bullets get stuck in that gun!!!!

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 7:24 pm

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 10:30 pm
  • I can’t believe how calm the 911 caller was. And good job to the call taker she did a great job

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 7:02 pm
  • My gosh already, Tom. He didnt admit to having a narcotic “cocktail”, “just minutes” before the shooting. You posted the video, for crying outloud. He admitted to taking some prescription medications, just before dinner time. And real cute that you found the worst picture you could of him, and made sure to post that too. Way to help this family through their tough time. Way to help this man through his obviously horrific guilt. And way to continue to inject hate and fear into this county. This is getting ridiculous.

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 6:35 pm
    • You must not live around here,sir. You make too much sense.

Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 9:33 pm
      • Me…I completely agree…this is a true example of Tom’s sensationalism at it’s best.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 9:04 pm
    • I’d use that picture, too. You sound like a dumbass. He is evidently flaunting that he has a gun, thinking he’s big and bad. He should be prosecuted, there is NO excuse for him firing a gun, it going off faulty or anything. Why would someone want to shield him from the guilt that he SHOULD live with for the rest of his life? He gets to move out of the house and get away from his crime, while Christina’s family suffers, her SON suffers while growing up without her and his unborn brother. How would you feel if you lost your daughter and unborn Grandson because someone was fucking off? And it is helping the family, I’m sure, bringing awareness about idiots wielding guns. He should have known better than to have that gun around, if they are prescription medications, he should know the side affects. You know, unless he’s just a pill junky like a lot of people in Brooksville.

Rest in Peace to Christina and Rehlin <3

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 9:12 am
      • Thank you so much Just want to let you know Christina is the mans girlfriend now wife. Katherine is my daughter and Rehlin was her newborn son. Thank you so much

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 10:18 am
    • Sensationalism at its finest. It worked too, just read some of the comments below. RNRF should just stick to Traffic reporting and leave the important stories to others.

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 9:27 am
      • Hdcycle Tom did an excellent job telling this story he checked his facts and researched it very well and I am thankful for his excellent journalism and for following up on the story he first reported

Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 10:19 am