Mother Outraged After No Charges Filed in Shooting Death of Daughter and Grandson

BROOKSVILLE – Nearly a year after the accidental shooting that claimed the life of 25-year-old Katherine Bryan Hoover and her unborn son Rehlin, the victim’s family is still seeking justice after prosecutors decided not to press charges against the shooter, 36-year-old William DeHayes.

ORGINAL REPORT: BREAKING: PREGNANT WOMAN SHOT IN THE HEAD – ACCIDENT ACCORDING TO SUSPECT

FOLLOW UP REPORT: WOMAN AND UNBORN CHILD DIE AFTER SHOOTING – INVESTIGATION UNDERWAY

On December 5th 2014, Assistant State Attorney Pete Magrino announced that charges would not be sought against Dehayes; stating “Based on the facts…I do not believe there is sufficient evidence to charged DeHayes with a crime.”

Shocked at the state’s decision, the victim’s mother, Donna Bryan, set out to find on mission to seek justice for her daughter and grandson.

On July 26th 2014, DeHayes admitted to twirling a loaded .22 Cal. revolver in the face of Kathrine Hoover, when the weapon discharged – striking her in the head. Hoover died later that evening and her son also passed away, 30 minutes after his delivery.

Dehayes admitted to taking Methadone, Xanax, and Lortabs just before the shooting occurred, but says he only ingested the prescribed dosage.

Donna says that is enough to bring charges against DeHayes, for at the very least, Negligent Homicide, but State Attorney Brad King disagrees. After receiving pleas from Donna to reconsider the state’s decision, King responded in a letter that stated in part “If Mr. DeHayes was impaired by the use of drugs or alcohol, that would be a factor that would be considered.” King says deputies specifically interacted with Dehayes immediately after the shooting to see if he appeared to be impaired – all of the deputies reported that he behaved normally.

Donna contacted RNRF today and said “I am shocked, appalled, and devastated at how the judicial system has failed us… How is it that DeHayes’ right to own and play recklessly with his guns trumps my daughter’s right to life?”

After the state’s decision not to prosecute was announced, all of DeHayes’ firearms were returned to him. Soon after, Donna says she saw a facebook post of DeHayes holding a handgun and in the caption it said “My guns didn’t kill anyone today…”

After pleading her case with state officials; including Attorney General Pam Bondi and Gov. Rick Scott, to no avail, Donna says she will be starting a petition to reopen the investigation into her daughter and grandson’s death.

Kathrine left behind a 7-year-old son from a previous relationship (Nick) who Donna now cares for. Donna says he is still angry because, according to Nick “My mother and brother didn’t say goodbye before they went to heaven.”

UPDATE: 6/30/2015, 8:31 A.M. – Donna Bryan has provided the following link for her petition: Justice for my pregnant daughter who was shot and killed

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ™2013 Real News Real Fast, Inc.

Dehayes 4 Dehayes1 Dehayes2 Dehayes3 Dehayes5

Comments
  • Ok so why is this guy not in jail yet. Contact talk shows, news media, news papers. Have rally in front of the court house, ect. To bring attention to media. Worst part is, you have to be careful what protesting you can do without getting arrested, while someone can kill two people and whistle Dixie. I agree with others, he has connections, he is acting too cocky not to

Tuesday, 1 December 2015, 10:12 pm
    • thank you I am trying to contact media shows and thanks to Tom he is trying to help me get my story out there and he was one of the first on the scene. The killer did admit in the interview that he was friends with someone in the sheriffs office who was a sergant.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:28 pm
  • Do what Nicole Simpson’s family did and take his dumb a** to civil court. …sue the sick bastard until he can’t afford a Facebook page. ..This is tragic!!

Wednesday, 30 September 2015, 6:44 pm
    • Unfortunately only her husband can sue but it doesn’t matter Chris as the man has no money in his name so you can’t get anything the day after the assist state attorney said no charges would be filed he married his girlfriend so im sure everything has been turned into her name so it cant be touched. But I dont want his money anyway I want him punished legally

Friday, 2 October 2015, 8:26 am
  • I am so sorry Donna. I believe I remember seeing this on the news last year. Justice needs to be served. Only being in Hernando County less than 2 yrs this is very very bothersome to me. Makes me think twice if this is where I want to stay. Seeing so many ppl on here. I saw your post in a group on fb. I will share with all of my friends and ask them to please sign and share. I deal with many ppl that do nothing but sign all day long through change.org to save horse’s and I can promise you they will sign for you as well. I feel sick to my stomach reading everything I did. I have children and I have dealt with addicts in my life in my past being married and no those meds should not be mixed. He has no remorse and that has to show something. I cant believe the father walked away from his son and you. But keep up the fight. You must for her. When it was showed on the news last year was it the husband that was looking to buy a gun from this man? Could be a different story just similar. But do not give up. Add groups all over on fb. Turn to 8 on your side or channel 11 abc as well as fox 13. Bay news 9. Reach out to all of them. I know you dont have the money for a high powered attorney. But get it on the news get pics this man is posting of himself. Have ppl help you. Bc you cant do it alone. You need to have ppl on your side helping you fight. Esp as someone said above for all thoughs that have been screwed by our justice system. Reach out to Tampa police anyone that will listen. Go out of county to help you get justice. But keep fighting for your grandson and daughter. It saddens me he will grow up without his mother and then find out his own father turned on him. His father doesnt realize that he may be 7 now but he will be 17 before you know it. Stay strong for that baby boy. I know its not easy. I hope you have many ppl on your side. Im going to share your story as well. I have friends all over the US. If I can be of any other help let me know. Im a single mother disabled with 3 kids 1 with special needs and 1 with medical issues since birth. I know this isnt easy on you. Please be sure to get your grand baby counseling in and out of school. Bc he will need it. As well as you need to get some as well to help you get through this as well. But contact Grady Judd in Polk county he is a tough man and Tampa Jan or Jane. Go every avenue you can far and wide.
    I will send you a message on fb so you know who I am and im going to go sign now.
    You and that boy are in my prayers.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 3:52 am
    • I will stay strong for Nicky and thank you so much I don’t know who you are but I appreciate your help. I am meeting with everyone I can think of and sending letters. Lots of politicians and news people trying to keep it in the publics eye

Friday, 11 September 2015, 4:42 pm
  • Donna, I am so sorry for your loss !! This is such a tragic story, and inexcusable that our system let this person go without any charges ! I hope RNRF continues to follow your story, and that you find justice for your daughter and grandson. .it will not bring them back, but I pray it will bring you peace.

Wednesday, 26 August 2015, 11:03 am

Friday, 28 August 2015, 7:07 am
  • I was neighbors with her sister for years !

Monday, 17 August 2015, 2:33 pm

Friday, 7 August 2015, 7:33 am
  • Have it investigated by a pi for a contract killing.

Thursday, 6 August 2015, 4:52 pm
  • Have A Heart

Monday, 3 August 2015, 8:34 am
  • Donna, I am so very sorry what that jerk done. It will come back to haunt him. Im Praying for you, your Grandson, and the rest of the Family.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 8:37 pm
  • Dearest Donna, I’m so sorry. You will find justice one day. It cannot be any other way.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 5:15 pm
  • This is unbelievable!!!! There is NO EXCUSE for shooting someone!!!! Obviously he was smart enough to have it loaded with safety off and to pull the trigger. Lock him up with two counts of murder!!!! It’s like saying a drunk driver shouldn’t get arrested because they weren’t in their right mind!!!! I can’t believe the decision!!!! I pray they put him behind bars!!! Poor mother lost her child and grandbaby and her son will have to grow up with out his mother or brother!!!! That little boy will remember this everyday of his life all because some one was on drugs!!! This is going to affect him very badly, And her son and mother have to live knowing that he isn’t getting charged. I really cannot believe he is not facing charges!!!!!!

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 9:57 pm
  • I hope you find justes. Guns are not toys .this guy is going to hurt someone else If not stopped. Guns are for pertection and to hunt for food. Some times going to jail is not the answer. I am so sorry for your losses I will pray.

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 8:31 pm
  • where can I sign

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 2:26 pm
  • Donna my words are only there it takes a lot more to heal a broken heart then words but they help and are there I am so sorry for your loss I have 3 girls myself and I don’t know what I would do if I lost one of them. But I really don’t see why they don’t have enuff he basically told them he done it and if my brother in-law can drink and drive and hit another car with an older man on the inside that had an aneurysm that busted because the older man hit the wheel and killed him a few hours later and they arrest my brother in-law he got into a fight with his wife and she kicked him out and he was coming home when this happen! But he is got 25 with a L behind it but the family didn’t want to press charges at all didn’t even show up for Court or nothing but he is in jail so what’s the point with this case someone is hiding something and he was on them pill look them up the can react with one another what is this world coming to I would do a rally for her if I was you don’t only take it to Facebook take it to all newspapers have people standing on the courthouse steps telling them about this again I am so so sorry for you lost she was such a beautiful young lady that had her whole life in to conquer! I will keep your family in my prayers god bless

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 11:57 am
  • I know what you are going through and I am outraged my daughter Tessa was killed by her father and because he has mental problems he’s walking around Scott free and even came to my child’s funeral I beat the crap out him and went to jail but he killed her and is now remarried people like that one and my ex needs to pay for what they’ve done I don’t believe in accidents only stupidity you are in my prayers god bless

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 11:11 pm
    • thank you so much and I am so sorry for your loss. I commend you for your actions and I agree he should be in jail for killing his daughter was this here in Florida?

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 8:12 am
  • Ms. Donna, my prayers are with u. I hope u and ur family soon get the closer u so greatly deserve. Time only helps ease the pain, but there is no cure. God bless u and that poor lil boy.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 7:45 pm
  • Forgive….that’s easy to say when its not your child or your family. Do you know for a fact it was an accident? Ummm No. And for some Moron to post Gun pics afterward shows what a sick monster he is. I hope Karma comes swiftly. So sorry for your loss Donna. I can HONESTLY say I know how hard it is to lose a child and feel your pai n. May God guide you through this and Justice be served. Hugs and Prayers to you and your family.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 12:44 pm
  • Does he live in Spring Hill, FL Donna?

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 1:51 am
    • Dave I believe he does now but I don’t know for sure

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 3:31 pm
  • I am so so sorry for your losses , I CAN’T even imagine what you’re going through!!! I will sign anything you signed ….. I will keep your family in prayer

Friday, 17 July 2015, 5:18 pm
  • Where do I sign this breaks my heart I want this idiot to pay for what he did my heart breaks for u I have a daughter and if somebody ever hurt her I’d want them to pay I will continue to prayer for u

Friday, 17 July 2015, 12:58 pm
  • Donna this breaks my heart. Praying for justice! Do you have fb add me please if you can.

Wednesday, 15 July 2015, 10:44 pm
  • dear donna:my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family,i hope i never have to feel your pain in loosing a child,i signed.good luck

Wednesday, 15 July 2015, 4:53 pm
  • So sorry…I know that don’t heal or replace….but justice needs to be served!

Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 8:02 pm
  • I’m sorry for your loss and all of this unnecessary extra pain brought on by the system failing you and this guy taunting you the last pick of him he is clearly under the influence look at his eyes and the main questions I keep asking myself is why hasn’t anyone spoken to a doctor about the combination of meds he admitted to have taken and has anyone confirmed that he even has not only legal scripts but are they legit BC I know for a fact that the combination he admitted to have taken I don’t care the dose would impair anyone you don’t mix methadone with xanax and then loritabs too its just unheard of legally unless he is scamming the doctors

Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 6:43 am
    • Thank you Robert what I was told by the State Attorney is they asked Sheriffs Deputies if he looked intoxicated. Whether he did or not they still should have checked it has been my experience that people lie especially if they feel they are in trouble with the law.

Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 10:14 pm
  • The judicial System Here in Florida is a joke. Pam Bondi and Rick Scott are as useful as t**s on a boar hog!!!! I’d certainly enlist the services of a young, hungry, take no prisoners attorney and have have him or her go after every last one of the idiots that have so willingly failed you, your daughter, her son, and her unborn child.

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 8:19 pm
  • After reading all of the comments, I think all of those who have lost loved ones in Hernando County, should show up with this petition at a commissioner’s meeting. Get on the agenda so that all will be allowed their three minutes.

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 12:24 am
  • I bet 5 min with him alone and he would not be a smart ass anymore.. hell he would not make it out of my meeting with him.. oh sorry the gun just went off hes dead oh well.. wish it was that easy.. sue the sheriffs office and the state attorney office as well..

Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 2:00 am
  • I get the feeling from his smug photo this was no accident.

Monday, 6 July 2015, 12:56 am
  • He looks pretty smug in his photo. Like I got away with murder. He must have had some kind of connection.

Monday, 6 July 2015, 12:51 am
  • God know everything and he will get what’s coming and them some.

Sunday, 5 July 2015, 2:18 pm
  • Hi Donna,
    While surfing today I came across you horrific story. Just wanted to let you know that you have at least a dozen plus Florida residents that I will be forwarding this to. Please know that you can count on us for SUPPORT! If it means going to Tallahassee for a sit on the capital steps till you are recognized know you have our support.
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
    May you continue to have the strength to fight this battle, war!
    Have a Blessed Day, Bobbie

Sunday, 5 July 2015, 1:33 pm

Sunday, 5 July 2015, 7:07 pm
  • I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s just horrible. My aunt and grandma were murdered by my aunts husband and he only got charged with my aunts murder. This happened in Alaska. The justices system sucks everywhere. I would not only sue the killer but the law enforcement as well for not getting justice for your daughters murder.I’ll sign your petition. This needs to get on the news nation wide so things can change in the justice system, obviously what’s in place isn’t working.

Sunday, 5 July 2015, 9:33 am
  • So how is this different. Neither believed the gun would go off.

Something sounds fishy on the part of King and the rest of them.

Thursday, 2 July 2015, 11:48 pm
    • that’s a good question cause that’s the exact case I sent to Brad King and he said it was different. I really think someone in our government needs to go in there and investigate the State attorney and Hernando sheriffs office as my daughters case is not the only one that has suffered injustice I am hoping to get this looked into by a higher government office certainly not the governor though. Open to suggestions and if I can get enough people to sign my petition they will have to do something so please pay it forward read sign and share tell people what’s happening in Hernando the only way to make things change is to band together and get these crooked people out of the government the law is suppose to be for everyone not just select few

Friday, 3 July 2015, 3:23 pm
  • as this is a terrible tragedy and a travesty of injustice what we the people should remember when it’s time to vote remember these people who we put in office,we surely have the power to take them out and not vote for them again!!!!!

Thursday, 2 July 2015, 2:09 pm
  • THIS IS A SIN THAT THIS HAPPEN TO SUCH A YOUNG PRETTY GIRL AND UNBORN SON ,BUT WHY WOULD SOMEONE BE IN A ROOM WITH A LOWLIFE PIECE OF SHIT TWIRLING A FRIGGEN LOADED GUN AROUND . IT’S A DAMM SHAME. AND THEN TO HAVE HIS CREEPY FACE ON FACE BOOK ,NO WAY . THIS BASTARD SHOULD DO TIME ,FLORIDA LAWS SUCK

Thursday, 2 July 2015, 11:04 am
  • I can definitely relate to your pain, last August my brother was shot and murdered and the justice system did nothing. It was claimed to be self defense but in reality my brother just had a bad wrap sheet and it was never really looked at. And the junkie who shot him still walks around, and also post pics of his many guns including the one that killed my brother on facebook. I just keep telling myself one day karma will make things right, but everyday my heart hurts knowing my brother is gone and there is no justice for him. R.i.p. mitch. We <3 you

Wednesday, 1 July 2015, 5:25 pm
    • I am so sorry for your loss Carly I understand did this happen in Hernando? I know they would like me to go away but tat isnt going to happen I will not rest till Justice is done this killer also runs around happy as a lark and still messes with websites about guns etc so no one can tell me he has remorse.

Wednesday, 1 July 2015, 6:05 pm
    • Carly I’ve known Mitchell and his mom and family for years. We were so saddened to hear of this.. I know you will remember us and know we always had you all in our prayers. He is now with your Mom RIP Beverly and Mitchell = Debbie – Mike and Stacy…

Sunday, 5 July 2015, 10:28 am
  • Keystone cops blew this…i’m sorry about your loss….karma will get those involved…

Wednesday, 1 July 2015, 12:46 pm
  • The Sheriff’s hemming and hawing about whether or not he was impaired says a LOT. First it is implied that IF he was impaired, that might be used as a defense (although it shouldn’t be). Then the creep says he had taken several different prescription medications. But the deputies say he didn’t seem to be impaired. It’s all very fishy. A guy who just shot his friend’s wife in the head at close range would or should be totally out of his head, and I seriously doubt ANY police officer (or even a psychologist, for that matter) could make a determination whether the person is “impaired”. I certainly wish Ms. Bryan luck pushing the case, but I doubt it’ll go anywhere if our wretched Attorney General doesn’t see anything wrong. Maybe a civil suit is your only possible avenue, although I doubt the killer has much in the way of assets.

Wednesday, 1 July 2015, 9:09 am
  • This really smells like a case in which for some reason, someone within the system purposely blew something so there couldn’t be a case. It happens all the time – “oh, we made a procedural error, we won’t be able to convict”. This was too obvious. I’m pretty sure that if I did what he did, my butt would be in prison or in jail awaiting trial. Donna Bryan, my heart cries for you and your late daughter and grandbaby. I wish I thought you could get somewhere with this case, but it sounds like the system is inordinately, and very strangely, on this killer’s side.

Wednesday, 1 July 2015, 7:04 am
  • Another unnecessary tragedy that took two innocent lives at the hands of a friend whom made poor choices and neglected to use proper precautions will using such a destructive instrument while under the influence of narcotics, I’m sure he is remorseful and now will have this in his heart for the rest life…. However I do feel he should be charged for it in some degree, seeing DUI drivers kill people and are charged so I think this falls under the same status…Prayers and Support for the Family and know You Have Two Angels watching,protecting and blessing you each and everyday

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 7:23 pm
  • Donna, I can understand exactly what you are going through. My son was recently an innocent bystander and was shot in the face and has lost his eye.I am fortunate that he is still alive but this type of senseless violent behavior by people who have no respect for the law or human life only leaves much pain behind in its path. I will definitely support you .

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 5:57 pm
  • This is Outrage, At the very least he should have been charged with Negligent Homicide, This does not sound right because it sounds like he’s getting a pass that someone who knows someone in a higher position would get, I Smell a Rat.

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 4:27 pm
  • …..with liberty and justice for all. ( sometimes ).

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 4:24 pm
    • with liberty and juatice for some.

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 1:18 am
  • This is common in hernando county, my friend was drugged and raped by her fiancee and other scum bags, plenty of evidence. they said the same thing as in this case. There should be monitoring of the sheriffs office. They are not honest people and yes he must have a pull somewhere in the county, maybe a snitch. I am truly sorry for your family’s loss and struggle for justice

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 11:27 am
  • What is wrong with the judicial system down there???!!! I am sorry for your loss. My brother was “shot in the head while sleeping” back on March 8th and the detectives ruled it suicide in Spring Hill. Changes must be made in Hernando County with the investigative departments just as there were in neighboring counties!

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 10:26 am
  • There is a lot to be said about Pam Bondi. She is known for unjustly making wrong decisions that have a terrible impact on innocent peoples lives. She has not done justice to your daughter or grandson. Neither has our wonderful Governor. It seems as though this killer has some connections in the system. I am sure with some research you will find this to be a great possibility. Remember the Judicial system is very crooked and has many crooked politicians. I pray you find some comfort in all this and receive the justice your daughter and grandson so truly deserves.

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 10:23 am
  • Instead of pointing fingers and making nasty comments let the mom get through the this and seek out the process of getting the case heard in a higher court. I don’t understand how a person and walk free with what happened. I must be missing something. May your daughter and grandson rest in peace.

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 9:13 am
  • Sorry,
    I didn’t read the first story..
    I thought the young lady was dating this bum. My mistake. sorry for this tragic loss.

NOW my next question… what did Carson Hoover let the bum see the light of day…the next day?
    YES for sure, at lease manslaughter…then cut his fingers off so he can’t ever use a gun or twirl it on his fingers.

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 7:09 am
  • All I can figure is that Dehays must have some good friends within the judicial or law enforcement system. This is an outrage.

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 7:07 am
  • Definition of manslaughter in FL is as follows, and since any sane person would agree that twirling a loaded gun in someone’s face is reckless, I cannot understand why this man wasn’t charged. Not to mention the statute specifically mentions being reckless with a weapon. Wish I could read the police report because I am baffled, and cannot blame this mom for being outraged!

To establish involuntary manslaughter, the prosecutor must show that the defendant acted with “culpable negligence.” Florida statutes define culpable negligence as a disregard for human life while engaging in wanton or reckless behavior. The state may be able to prove involuntary manslaughter by showing the defendant’s recklessness or lack of care when handling a dangerous instrument or weapon, or while engaging in a range of other activities that could lead to death if performed recklessly. – See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-law/florida-involuntary-manslaughter-laws.html#sthash.cti3wqKP.dpuf

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 5:11 am
    • Kresge, If that County is like Seminole and Orange County, you should be able to find the Police Report, Online.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 6:30 pm
  • I now see it was the husband’s friend. There’s the possibility the husband and him planned it. That picture and comment on FB sure looks like he’s bragging about getting away with it and that he might do it again “another day.” This guy is just waiting to shoot again (look at the pic). Let’s just hope he shoots himself this time!! If there was doubt on our officials mind after seeing that post and picture, there should no longer be doubt! Make sure they get a copy of the picture and post! Sue him in court for sure! He should be paying the 7 yr old’s way in life. Not you or our government! Even if he has nothing he should be making monthly payments!

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 12:29 am
    • Ive been thinking the same thing. Especially since my son in law doesn’t want me to pursue this and wants nothing to do with it and has cut all communication off from me and my grandson.

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 12:32 pm
      • Why would a husband and father, not be willing to pursue punishment for the killer of his wife and child???

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 6:40 pm
        • advocate you would have to ask my son in law Carson as he has blocked all communication with me and doesn’t want me to pursue justice which is why I think it maybe murder and because they know people in the sheriffs office no charges are being filed I have no idea but I definitely think there are some conspiracy going on in hernando between the sheriffs and state attorneys office

Wednesday, 1 July 2015, 6:09 pm
  • The police had the responsibility to have his blood tested. Get a great lawyer to take it higher up!

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 12:21 am
  • Have a rally…..seems to work for African Americans….call for a special prosecutor as in the trayvon Martin case….something can still be done.

Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 12:05 am
  • He’s guilty!!!! Any one with a firearm has enough sense not twirl a loaded gun in front of someone. He murdered two people and got away with it. He has no guilt or you would never make a comment on face book like that. That picture further supports him being guilty. This supports no common sense in our people we elect and rely on. I feel horrible for you. You have lost two family members and our government and its people let you down. Something is fishy here. It appears someone knows someone. Can you go above the people you’ve been to already! I never comment on here my first time but this story got my blood boiling. I good man would have volunteered to go to jail if he really made such a mistake and killed his wife and baby.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 11:43 pm
  • This was, at very least, negligent homicide. I hope his wife is watching her back.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 10:44 pm
  • something terrible it hurts bad an i dont kno them how u could u let him get away.the seven year old is lost hurting that wasnt a.accident domething was going on planned an the unborn really i would put up a fight for my daughter yes reopen investigate some type of charges should be conducted immediately …….

Monday, 29 June 2015, 10:41 pm
  • Tubb my daughter was not dating Dehayes she was married to Carson and Dehayes was Carsons friend who he use to work with

Monday, 29 June 2015, 10:24 pm
  • Something does not make sense here, there has to be more to this story. If in fact he was playing with a gun and it went off and killed someone it is negligent and he should be charged, end of story. I would be very shocked if this is the total story as we have some pretty diligent prosecutors in this county.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 10:03 pm
  • Tubbs you are just an idiot. SMH

Monday, 29 June 2015, 9:09 pm
  • My heart breaks for you…I hope you are able to find peace one day

Monday, 29 June 2015, 8:38 pm
  • “On July 26th 2014, DeHayes admitted to twirling a loaded .22 Cal. revolver in the face of Kathrine Hoover, when the weapon discharged”

This is what the 2nd amendment protects? This is not a criminal act?

I’m not a gun control advocate, but I am an advocate for severe punishment when a gun is misused/abused, as it was here.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 8:34 pm
  • What did you expect. You daughter was dating a bum anyhow. She picked him.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 7:56 pm
    • Just amazing how some people always want to blame the woman/victim.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 8:35 pm
    • You are clearly a redneck asshole living somewhere down in Swampyville. If you had bothered to “read” the whole article – but my mistake, ijits don’t read the important parts – she went to this pitiful example of a man’s house with someone else. She did not choose him, you fkn rednecked asshole. Get your facts straight.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 10:01 pm
    • Tubbs you would be the Bum in posting such an awful thing to a mother who lost her child and grandchild! Common sense should tell you her daughter is not going to be with a man she thought would shoot her in the head! I can’t even believe you would type that. You owe her an apology!!!

Monday, 29 June 2015, 11:54 pm
  • His facebook post after the so called accident tells you what kind of person he is and how bad he really feels. Just horrible. KARMA!!!

Monday, 29 June 2015, 7:40 pm
  • He’s nothing but a punk and and not sorry for anything , smh!

Monday, 29 June 2015, 7:40 pm
  • UNBELIEVEABLE! ISN’T THIS THE DEFINITION OF NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE? GO AFTER HIM IN CIVIL COURT.. HE MIGHT NOT HAVE ANYTHING, BUT I’D MAKE SURE HE NEVER WILL!

Monday, 29 June 2015, 7:01 pm
  • It was a tragic accident that he will live with forever.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 6:41 pm
    • There are no accidents when it comes to playing with guns -doubtful he will live with it forever as actions speak louder than words and I have seen his actions since he killed mmy daughter and it certainly hasnt been remorse. He got married the day after he found out he wasnt being charged.

Monday, 29 June 2015, 7:30 pm