Motorcycle Crash Claims Life of Crystal River Man

DUNNELLON (CITRUS) – An early morning crash involving a motorcycle claimed the life of Crystal River man.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Jett Wilfred Lajoie was traveling westbound on W. Dunnellon Road, when a Nissan Armada, driven by 68-year-old Kathleen Gunn, pulled into the path of Lajoie’s motorcycle from North Map Point. As a result, Lajoie’s motorcycle collided with the driver’s side of Gunn’s SUV.

Lajoie was transported to Seven Rivers Regional Hospital, where he later died from his injuries.

Gunn and a passenger suffered minor injuries in the accident, but they refused medical treatment.

Charges are pending, say officials.

Comments
  • Violation of right of way is a leading cause of biker fatalities. The FHP is also very quick to blame the deceased biker, particularly when they are young. I suggest the family get a copy of the FHP report at first availability and read it thoroughly. Although charges may be pending, the report may in fact say something entirely different. I write from personal experience. FHP cannot be trusted.

Monday, 12 March 2018, 7:57 am
  • And the trend continues. One day they will motorcycles safe against impact.

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 2:56 pm
    • The sad thing about this situation is that the woman in the jeep will probably be charged with this. I live on Dunnellon road and several times a week this young man really opened up his motorcycle as soon as he gets around Oak Leaf terrace.

Unfortunately, I knew it was just a matter of time before he would have an accident. Truely sorry for his loss of life but clearly not the other drivers fault. Had he been driving safely he would have been better able to control the situation.

I have been in a few accidents over the years – motorcycle accidents but am still alive because I was able to swerve in time to avoid a deadly impact.

Again, it is sad that the young man lost his life but the way he drove was inevitable.

Thursday, 22 February 2018, 2:41 pm
  • Family,

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in this tragic accident. May this be a reminder to all of the importance of our eternal destination and final resting place.

We have a great God who is rich in mercy and grace and willing to forgive and to save that which was lost.

I know that Jett was witnessed to at various times and God only knows in Jett’s final moments here on earth whether he reached out to God or not. I’m praying and hoping he was able to reconcile and cry out to our Lord in his last moments.

I would like to share a few verses of scripture to remind us of God’s truth, His promises and His love….

“Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.”
    ‭‭James‬ ‭4:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
    ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
    ‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:11-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
    ‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
    ‭‭John‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭KJV

My love to all and prayers continually….

For His Glory,

Matthew

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 1:34 pm
  • I feel so bad we only met a few times but you was my family and you will be missed love you Jet Lajoie .. R.I.P

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 12:21 pm
  • I will miss my beloved cousin forever! Jett had a kind heart and was easy to like. Loved by all his family he had his whole life ahead of him. This is truly a tragedy I hope God uses for good somehow. Love you Cuz!

Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 6:44 am
  • Prayers for Jett Lajoie and family RIP Jett

Tuesday, 20 February 2018, 9:25 pm
  • My condolences to his family and friends. Rip Jett Wilfred Lajoie

Tuesday, 20 February 2018, 8:51 pm
  • Sending prayers to all involved

Tuesday, 20 February 2018, 8:47 pm
  • praying for the family. May he RIP.

Tuesday, 20 February 2018, 8:17 pm