Single Vehicle Motorcycle Crash Kills Spring Hill Couple

UDPATE: 4/10/2017, 5:24 – Officials now say 44-year-old Anthony Joseph Pilotti has died as a result of his injuries.

NEW PORT RICHEY (PASCO) – A motorcycle accident claimed the life of a Spring Hill woman and critically injured her husband, after the driver lost control and crashed at the intersection of SR-52 and Moon Lake Road.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 44-year-old Anthony Joseph Pilotti was driving a 2002 Yamaha XV1700 eastbound on SR-52, approaching Moon Lake Road, when he failed to negotiate a turn and struck a raised median. The impact ejected both Pilotti and his wife, 49-year-old Holly Starcia Rich onto the roadway. Rich died at the scene from her injuries and Pilotti was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.

Alcohol is not suspected to be a contributing factor.

Neither occupant were wearing helmets at the time of the crash.

Comments
  • I just painted Tonys tank for his bike he was a very good person and Holly was to both good friends they will be missed but now they are with god and are still with us in our hearts RIP Holly and Tony

Friday, 14 April 2017, 6:06 pm
  • Even if you had a helmet on it does not mean that you will survive . Holly and Tony were both great people and they will be missed. I know Tony mother she is my best friend and no mother wants to see her kids die. Don’t worry Tony I will be there for your mom and watch out for her.

Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 11:26 pm
  • At this point it is senseless and insensitive to argue the does and don’ts of motorcycle riding. Helmets may prevent head injury in a minor spill, but no guarantee of life saving, it depends on the accident. Just as car crashes are sometimes fatal even if wearing a seat belt. There was a loss of 2 lives and a family is left with broken hearts over it. My prayers go to those who are grieving this loss.

Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 11:13 am
  • I knew Holly from the breakfast Station she was so sweet and her and her husband used to go in C’s pub and package that’s where I met her husband I will miss them coming in there and having fun my condolences to their families.

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 10:56 pm
  • This is exactly why everyone should HAVE to wear a helmet. There should be no choice in the matter. My prayers go out to the families

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 8:36 am
  • Yet another reason why people on motorcycles should wear a helmet……… We in cars have to wear seatbelts

Monday, 10 April 2017, 10:11 pm
  • *both of them* sorry im upset ..karma shut up already

Monday, 10 April 2017, 9:28 pm
  • Really karma you have no respect.. especially for there family and friends ..i knew both pf them very well.. how dare you come on here with your negativity…it was an accident.. my friends are gone…have some respect..

Monday, 10 April 2017, 9:27 pm
  • Karma is a douchebag…..

Monday, 10 April 2017, 6:32 pm
    • This was an ACCIDENT NOT an incident by drugs alcohol or someone being an ass… Accidents happen and I do not know the people in this horrific accident personally I know of her son and this is such a sad day for the Family, lets have some RESPECT PEOPLE!!! MY CONDOLENCES ♥

Monday, 10 April 2017, 8:29 pm
  • I wanted to send my condolences to the Breakfast Station /Spring Hill location for their Hugh loss of a Beautiful Woman and Dear Friend Holly. We will all miss her, especially me. May you Holly and your husband Rest In Peace. ?? God Bless you and those who you touched! My heart is broken ?? .. Boni Howell

Monday, 10 April 2017, 5:28 pm
  • I say again florida Law makers bring back the helmet law

Monday, 10 April 2017, 5:23 pm
    • Your opinion. Let us decide.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 6:09 pm
  • Where did it say the man died ? Last it said was rushed to hospital in critical condition.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 5:01 pm
  • I’m not about to pass judgement on anyone for riding motorcycles, but as for me, I opted to let go of mine after my wife and I had children (3) . I wouldn’t want to put them through the pain of having to see me in the hospital or in a casket. Being alive for my family is much more important.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 4:39 pm
    • Amen

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 12:09 pm
  • I did not know Holly, but I knew Tony for years. Tony was a sweet,honest and loving husband. He often spoke about Holly and how much he loved her. My heart aches over such a wonder person’s life cut short. Tony you will be missed by all of us who interacted with you. God bless you and Holly. Peace be with you both.
    HAT

Monday, 10 April 2017, 4:30 pm
  • RIP Holly and Tony…

Monday, 10 April 2017, 12:05 pm
    • RIP Tony & Holly!!! You will be missed!!!!

Monday, 10 April 2017, 4:12 pm
  • can anyone access the police report? i can not locate it.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 11:54 am
  • I saw a couple in brooksville at Country Express Chevron Sunday WITH A YOUNG CHILD get on a motorcycle and NO HELMETS for EVEN THE YOUNG CHILD!!!! That’s 3 people, no helmet for young child, on motorcycle. PLEASE, PLEASE INVEST IN A HELMET FOR THE CHILD AT LEAST. As adults we have a choice but as a child it’s up to adults to protect. For family and friends of the couple in this tragic accident I offer prayers and condolences. I pray the gentleman recovers. Like freedom of choice I would love to be riding, but with a helmet. That’s MY choice . God speed the man’s recovery.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 8:56 am
  • When will people learn, motorcycles are risky. Maybe people don’t think death is forever. Helmet or no helmet the human body can’t take the impact or sudden stop from hitting something. At the rate motorcyclist are dying you would think you would see fewer motorcycles on the street. I guess they are the ones who think they are invincible. Hard to feel sorry for people who knowingly take needless risks.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 7:12 am
    • Have you ever had something you love that nothing will stop you from doing why should people who ride stop riding just because of people around them the accident clearly says it isn’t the riders fault and here you are saying it’s hard to feel sorry for them if while there are people who are trying to grieve the over the lives of these people didn’t your mama ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all ? It’s called respect and yoh clearly need some!

Monday, 10 April 2017, 8:07 am
      • If people are willing to ride motorcycles
        Those same people are willing to die. I don’t have a say in who rides and who doesnt. What I am able to do I see the number of the deaths in accidents involving motorcycles. I don’t believe I was showing a lack of respect, I was making an observation. I could absolutely careless who rides and doesn’t. Death is forever and the road is not very forgiving.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 7:11 pm
    • You take a risk of losing your life every time you step out of your front door. Keep that in mind next time you criticize somebody for doing what they love.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 9:06 am
    • The lady just lost her life and you want to give lessons your an

Monday, 10 April 2017, 9:30 am
      • If lessons are not learned then preventable deaths will continue. People have freedom of choice to see your family– -at home,—-in the hospital,— or at the funeral. Wearing the “recommended” gear by the manufacturer offers no guarantee, but it at least conveys to family members that you were at least “trying” to spare them the pain. If you care no more for yourself or loved ones than that, the world as a whole has lost nothing. 🙂

Monday, 10 April 2017, 10:31 am
        • That is my father you are talking about. Stfu

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 11:19 pm
          • Interesting his obituary doesn’t mention a daughter???? And they weren’t married. He is being buried in Spring Hill, she is in St Augustine.

Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 1:54 am
          • her obituary doesn’t even mention him, guess her family didn’t like him.

Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 1:56 am
        • Karma no one needs your comments.. the family is mourning the loss of two very dear people.. people that were dear to me also.. so take your opinions and stick them where the sun dont shine..
          You could walk out your door and get struck by lighting.. its a risk everyday.
          This was a horrible accident.. let the family mourn and stfu..
          RIP HOLLY AND TONY. FLY HIGH
          LOVE YOU

PRAYERS TO ALL THE FAMILES

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 11:08 pm
    • Your a cold person with that comment, This is someone that I loves Mother, you

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 12:05 pm
    • Go yourself!!! That’s my brother your talking about. If you don’t have anything nice to say not open your mouth

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 3:15 pm
    • My friends n I was riding as we rode by that accident. We only say one person with a sheet over them n after a day of peace n sun n laughter that moment killed it for me. As We rode home with that on our minds. Sad it may be. It is not a needless risk. Narrow minded people say stupid stuff. That they know nothing of. I live to ride at 57 n wear no helmet. Been riding a long time. I respect my bike n the law. I ride because it gives me a peace, a freedom that I can’t put into words. Something I want n need in my life as I live in this crazy world today. Do we stop n be fearful of the dangers n risk in life Or Live it the way We choose too. I’m going to live it n enjoy it while I AM LIVING. People take risk every day by getting in their cars trucks n vans to go to work n you hear of just as many dieing every day. So Mr or miss Opinionated don’t feel sorry for me. I’m gonna die. Might be on my bike or in my sleep. I’ll go when my numbers up. But Intill then… I’m gonna ride till the cows come home God willing. God bless the families n friends of Holly n Tony. RIP

Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 4:19 pm
  • It is sad to see a life ended when it could have been prevented. Helmets save lives!! If you are going to ride just be responsible and wear “protective” gear, drive the speed limit and look out for cars or other obstacles that might cause an accident. …..:)

Monday, 10 April 2017, 6:17 am
    • Helmets won’t save you, Nor will riding gear if you hit something and wind up with an internal injury. Only difference helmets and gear make are whether you will have an open or closed casket at your funeral. I had a man for in my front yard on Deltona Blvd because a truck cut him off (he was wearing helmet and full gear), he went through the the passenger side window of the truck and died of internal bleeding. Don’t be a sheep.

Monday, 10 April 2017, 4:07 pm
      • Die* not for

Monday, 10 April 2017, 4:08 pm
      • My best friend was Killed in 2007. He Was wearing a helmet. It just depends on the circumstances. Rip. ?

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 3:55 pm
      • wow thanks for being supportive.

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 10:08 pm
  • Tony and Holly will be missed by many, God bless them and their family! Lots of prayers!

Monday, 10 April 2017, 12:21 am
  • Prayers for the families

Sunday, 9 April 2017, 11:41 pm
  • I know these 2 wonderful people and I am just in shock. Holly and Tony you are in my prayers and you will be missed.

Sunday, 9 April 2017, 11:22 pm