; ;

Motorcyclist Suffers Traumatic Injuries in Crash, Broad and Lake Lindsey

BROOKSVILLE – Fire Rescue is on the scene of serious injury crash at the intersection Broad Street and Lake Lindsey Road.

Sources say a motorcycle and car collided at the intersection and that the motorcyclist suffered traumatic  injuries.

Bayflite is responding to the scene to airlift the patient to a trauma center.

Traffic delays can bee expected in the area.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

• people also die in cars everyday, its a dangerous world, ride as caareful as possible , try and stay out of traffic, take backroads and enjoy yourself. A lot of us have been riding our entire lives. Yes motorcycles are dangerous, as is many other things in life, but for me not riding is dangerous, I love it and it keeps me sane!!!!!

Tuesday, 20 February 2018, 12:03 am
  • I’m not going to agree or disagree with any of y’all‘s comments we ride to me and My Honey that day Was with friend we split up went into IstaChatta the back way they went for a longer ride and came a round the long way they came up to that stop sign behind that car Sunday She sent me text messages hysterical and what she seen she said was the worst thing ever just before that everyone was told he passed at a high rate of speed going south on US 41 God bless everyone we all need to be cautious not only cars but us motorcycle riders to don’t always blame the cars that intersection is not a good intersection I have live down the road from that intersection for 26 years … sometimes you don’t always see things because of certain things that they have put on the corners of the road The flashing yellow light is not big enough going either way I just want to say God bless everyone that rides and I feel for that old lady my friend said she was so horrified and my friend is still horrified she said she has never ever seen anything like that in her life God bless that man and his family and all involved

Monday, 19 February 2018, 12:56 pm
  • The driver of the SUV was driving south on Rte-41 attempting to making a left hand turn at the blinking light for Lake Lindsey (Rte-476) to head east when the motorcyclist attempted to pass on a double yellow line hitting the drivers door on the SUV.

Monday, 19 February 2018, 6:37 am
  • Death is forever alright. Keep running your mouth.

Monday, 19 February 2018, 12:59 am
  • Sending prayers to all involved

Sunday, 18 February 2018, 8:26 pm
  • Prayers for motorcyclist. They should have stiffer penalties for car drivers that hit motorcyclist.

Sunday, 18 February 2018, 8:04 pm
  • Keep riding motorcycles! And keep trusting your safety to a helmet.when will they learn?

Sunday, 18 February 2018, 6:54 pm
    • Keep walking out of your bubble! Nice sentiment on a sad news story! You’re a sad soery individual!

Sunday, 18 February 2018, 8:10 pm
    • Death Is Forever, STOP WITH IT ALREADY!!! Yes, it’s their choice to live and love what they’re doing. I’m sure they know the risks. You won’t stop them with your words. PLEASE HAVE COMPASSION FOR THEIR FAMILIES. Say a prayer for their recovery and their families. I am now and will continue to. If you fall in love and get a broken heart, do you stop loving because you will be suffering??? If you smoke and get cancer should you roll over and die because you will be suffering?? If you drink and get liver disease, etc. My prayers go out to this person and their family. I pray traumatic injuries will be in God’s hands to heal and that He will watch over this family.

Sunday, 18 February 2018, 8:27 pm
      • Els I’m pretty sure I’ve never directed a comment toward the family. My comments about motorcycles are designed to show that nothing changes in that motorcyclists continue to get the short end of the accident. I never call names and I never say that I’m happy that it happened what I say is that people shouldn’t be shocked when their family member is hurt in a motorcycle accident.

Monday, 19 February 2018, 6:53 am
      • @ELS, Well daid, agree completely!!

Monday, 19 February 2018, 11:34 am