Motorcyclist Sustains Traumatic Injuries in Crash – Possible Hit and Run

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue is on the scene of a two vehicle accident involving a motorcycle at the intersection of Commercial Way and Toucan Trail (In front of Hooters Restaurant).

The motorcyclist is down and may have suffered a head injury, according to witnesses. Sources say he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. Bayflite may be airlifting the victim to a local trauma center for treatment.

There are unconfirmed reports that the other vehicle involved has left the scene. The only description at this time is that it is a red car.

There is some road blockage in the southbound lanes at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

motorcycle_crash_16x98_small

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Hey Tom any updates on this?? There’s so many riders passing away lately it’s sad

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 10:00 pm
  • They did? Because I see kids every day driving around without helmets.

Tuesday, 1 December 2015, 12:42 pm
  • How is the biker doing? Updates?

Monday, 30 November 2015, 9:41 pm
  • Too many motorcycle deaths here in Florida, I wouldn’t ride one if it was given to me and hit and runs seems to the normal way of life around here as well, A very sad culture.

Monday, 30 November 2015, 2:16 pm
  • in 1973, a helmet saved my life………several broken bones, woke up the next day in the hospital, to this day, I have no memory of the day it happened. I, personally disagree w the helmet law, it should be a choice. however, I DO wear mine out there, yes, I still ride………ride safe brothers!

Monday, 30 November 2015, 8:12 am
  • Prayers for the biker and his loved ones ? may an angel watch over him

Monday, 30 November 2015, 7:12 am
  • The drunk driver fled after leaving Hooters…that’s why…probably some punk…

Monday, 30 November 2015, 1:49 am
  • Prayers for the one on the motorcycle . .I pray they catch the one that hit n run coward

Monday, 30 November 2015, 12:20 am
  • Thats what im talking about bella, They ran the guy over, a helmet doik!! I personally wear a helmet. and have a few hundred thousand miles running the southeast safely. My point is its getting harder cause there is so many distracted drivers. Riding is what some people do, and were not stoping cause you dont like bikes, A lot of these people should not be driving a car, never mind a bike.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 10:04 pm
  • I respect bikers to the fullest…my mother rides a fat boy and rides the right way …fully geared with helmet at all times…now Friday night I was coming home passing week wachee water park I was in the far right lane and a couple in a truck next to me…some asshole at a high rate of speeds come up behind cuts lanes in between me and the other guy …scared the s**t out of me…when a black Mitsubishi with no lights in flies behind him also cuts traffic… all’s I could think was If this kid Lost control fell off his bike and I hit them even though It wasn’t my fault I could never live with it Needless to say The next traffic light him and the asshole in the Mitsubishi both blew through the light…smh…

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 9:59 pm
  • Sending prayers

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 8:08 pm
  • Wow… some people are so rude. Helmet or not is irrelevant to the fact that the guy was run over. A helmet won’t save your lungs from being crushed, your legs from being amputated and you bleeding out. I don’t care if the rider had one or not, I care that someone ran them over and left.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 7:41 pm
  • Always rode with a helmet, still too many idiot drivers out there, gave it up for a pontoon boat. Much more family friendly

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 7:17 pm
  • If you are not smart enough to wear a helmet (bikers) or seat belt (autos) then you care no more for those that love you than you do for your self. Your demise will only serve to improve the human gene pool.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 6:50 pm
  • Running over bikers? For real? The bikers are the ones driving like a bat out of hell. Pullin wheelies, slicing traffic and not a concern in the world for them or other drivers. Ya helmets don’t help when you don’t drive with common sense

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 6:24 pm
  • Helmet laws don’t work. That much has been proven. Grown adults can make decisions for themselves if they choose to wear one or not. My eyesight is my greatest attribute. Wearing a helmet inhibits my peripheral vision and therefore puts me at greater risk. Shall I continue ?

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 6:23 pm
    • bet your dumb***dont wear a seat belt too and your the one who will be ejected and die when you crash and roll! oh well no sympathy here

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 9:49 pm
  • Your a idiot pasco a lot of motorcycle crashes are head related if they have a helmet on it would help

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 6:17 pm
  • Omg I think I drank the water —cringe and it keeps changing it, sorry

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 6:15 pm
  • Gringe for the typo police

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 6:03 pm
  • I agree Pasco, you nailed it with your post. I gringo ever time I am on the roads now as i’m in a car. Hope they catch the scum bag and definitely prayers for the biker!

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 6:02 pm
  • most people that complain about helmet laws don’t even ride and have no idea knew someone that got broadsided on his bike they told him if he had on a helmet it would of snapped his neck

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 5:56 pm
  • Pasco seriously I bet you are one of those dumba**es that rides up and down 19 over 100 cutting in and out of traffics. A law should be in place that your next of kin has to be the one to scrap your useless a** off the highway.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 5:46 pm
    • Very well said!

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 8:19 pm
  • What the heck is a helmet going to do when you have a 4000 pound piece off steel running up the road at 70 miles an hour, with the driver texting, or brain dead, heading for you, duh, glad I had my helmet on, so now I can live like a crippled, and collect welfare. Why not just pay attention and stop running over bikers

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 5:11 pm
  • They did
    For bicycles

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 4:07 pm
  • When will Florida bring back the helmet law?

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 3:56 pm
  • You really have to be a low life son of a b—–ch, to hit someone and leave them dying on the ground. Even if you hate motorcycles for whatever reason. Dont leave the seen if you ever hit me, cause you may find something following your a–. Catch the low life and let the other bikers teach why its a good idea to respect people, especially bikers, that are armed.

Sunday, 29 November 2015, 3:08 pm