Multiple Injured to Two Vehicle Crash Cortez and Bronson

BROOKSVILLE – At least six people are reportedly injured after a two vehicle crash on Cortez Blvd at the intersection of Bronson Blvd.

One person has sustained traumatic injuries and will be airlifted to a local trauma center for treatment. Cortez Blvd and Bronson Blvd are completely blocked on the South side of the road.

Accident with Injuries

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Thanks but I don’t live up north with my sister and her daughter’s I actually live in Beautiful Bradenton /Sarasota Florida I have our mother living with me and my son The original plan was for my sister to come down get our mother and I surprise her with a New Place to Live I do that all the time I have been saving for over 18years and now that I had cash money to do it I was going to. I live on Solar Power which cuts my fpl bill and I don’t have cable or internet I live very simple. But thanks for your warm thoughts Victoria Shearer

Saturday, 16 July 2016, 1:52 am
  • Victoria, we are so glad to hear that you are recovering. We were at the crash and have worried about all of you. I am sorry about how difficult it is going to be for you and your son during the recovery process but, I am still happy that you get to be there to support each other. My husband, kids and I send you all well wishes from Florida.

Wednesday, 13 July 2016, 7:42 am
  • I’m the one who was airlifted I was in a Coma till February 2nd and paralyzed I no longer can tell when I need to go to the bathroom and I can’t sit up and I can’t do transfers I will never be able to live a independent life again I can’t move my right leg It’s a non weight barring leg I used to walk in prosthetic limbs and I will never walk again I thought losing my legs as a double below The knee was hard then as a double above the knee was hard I was wrong being paralyzed is the hardest I am stuck on my back in a hospital bed I can’t move can’t roll over can’t do anything I am stuck in a body that doesn’t work with a PhD mind life is not fair .. To the men who moved the car and got me Help Thank You So Much MY son and sister and her daughter’s have all recovered how ever my son still has problems he was sitting behind me we got full impact well I did I broke almost all my ribs my pelvis my right hip had several strokes clasped lungs and I have a messed up right leg from something going through it and I am still finding pieces of glass from the accident coming through my scalp and I sometimes cough up glass in blood clot forms. .

Tuesday, 5 July 2016, 11:52 pm
  • Thanks so much for the update, we were worried! Prayers and hugs

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 9:32 pm
  • Thanks for the update. I will keep them in my daily prayers.

Friday, 1 January 2016, 3:06 pm
  • Thank you David and personal , glad to hear they will recover with time, Sad this happened and prayers for all involved,

Friday, 1 January 2016, 2:19 pm
  • Family was visiting for Christmas vacation. In the car was 3 children and two adults. Driver has 4 broken ribs. Other adult had collapsed lungs, door handle went in leg. Still in critical condition. Youngest had fracture pelvic bone in two places. Going to be in wheel chair for 6 weeks. Middle child has sprained foot. Oldest child has broken pelvic bones. Family is doing good . They came home December 30.

Thursday, 31 December 2015, 11:39 pm
  • All in the white car are alive. The one airlifted is still in critical condition. Two of the children have pelvic fractures and will be immobile for 6 weeks. Still long way to recovery. Please keep them in your prayers and positive thoughts!

Thursday, 31 December 2015, 11:25 pm
  • Has anyone heard anything about this? Didnt see anything on news either.

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 2:04 pm
  • Huessing we aren’t going to get any updates.

Sunday, 27 December 2015, 3:59 pm
  • Any news on how they are & if the 2 dogs taken from the truck were ok?

Saturday, 26 December 2015, 11:28 pm
  • It was a horrible accident! Multiple cops, fire trucks and 3 or 4 ambulances! Bay flight air lifted one person. They had to use the “jaws” to get the people out of the car that was struck. Terribly enough 2 kids were in that car! From what I understand 2 of the people in the car were pinned in it. Just terrible! A bystander said at the time he left the scene (when cops arrived) everyone was alive and breathing. Pray for these people!

Saturday, 26 December 2015, 11:02 pm
  • Saw the accident. So real to see people sitting, kneeing, and just waiting to see that the drivers and
    passengers in both vehicles will make it through. Say a prayer everyone.

Saturday, 26 December 2015, 7:33 pm
  • So sorry to hears this. I pray that all will be safe.

Saturday, 26 December 2015, 6:33 pm
  • Sending prayers to all involved!

Saturday, 26 December 2015, 6:29 pm