; ;

Multiple Injuries Reported in Two-Vehicle Crash on Mariner Blvd

SPRING HILL – A two-vehicle crash injured at least three people, one seriously, at the intersection of Mariner Blvd and Partridge Street.

Witnesses say one vehicle traveled across Mariner Blvd from Partridge Street without stopping and collided with an SUV that was traveling southbound on Mariner Blvd. The impact propelled the SUV into the front yard of a residence located on the east side of Mariner Blvd.

Fire Rescue personnel extricated two patients and transported one to Bayonet Point Hospital for treatment. There are unconfirmed reports that three additional patients were transported to local hospitals for treatment.

There is some road blockage on Mariner Blvd at this time.

The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of the crash.

• Got to love the traffic around here, mostly people hopped up on medications with absolutely terrible reaction time, combined with people playing around on their phones, drunkards, people who stay in the left lane, going under the speed limit when no one is in front of them, and then people who somehow believe, that if they tailgate one another in slow traffic, it will make all of the other cars in front of them move faster. Oh, let us not forget those wonderful people, who seem to be oblivious that carrying a load in a trailer or the back of your pickup, really should be secured. Got to love those ones, they leave their trash all over the road, for the rest of us to avoid.

Then you have the people, who seem to be able to have a conversation with their passengers, without completely turning their head to them, as though they were desperately trying to read their lips. Add in the constant construction that seems to be going on forever, and it becomes an adventure! Let us not forget the people, who slow down to a crawl, to go into a turning lane that runs hundreds of yards.

I could go on and on.

I feel bad for any of you that actually have to drive for a living around here.

I’m honestly surprised there are not more accidents. I am almost always hovering my foot above the brake pedal, because I am so used to people pulling out in front of me that it has become a necessity to avoid accidents. I have to ensure I know where every car is around me, because I know they are to incompetent to stay within the lines of traffic, and must make constant adjustments to my driving to ensure they don’t hit me.

At least we have some very interesting (and often conflicting) bumper stickers to read while at the red lights.

Man, that was quite a rant! I had to let it out ;p I hope the people in the accident, are all okay.

Friday, 5 January 2018, 12:28 pm
    • Hey, you NAILED IT!! Nice rant…lol!!

Friday, 5 January 2018, 9:39 pm
  • The same thing happens between East Linden Dr and Coronado Drive on Springhill Drive usually early mornings between school buses and cars racing from 6:15 – 8:30 am most mornings it’s crazy both directions. Very dangerous slow down, or leave earlier if your in a hurry you need to adjust your wake up time!! We notice the craziest when schools are in session the most, not an issue on weekends.

Friday, 5 January 2018, 12:13 pm
  • That left lane is not for passing.

Friday, 5 January 2018, 9:59 am
  • Since everyone has to be stoned on weed now,we need a test to determine if they are driving while stoned.

Friday, 5 January 2018, 4:33 am
    • Hey stoned, no where does it say they were driving with weed in their system, how bout drinking and driving, texting, cell phones I don’t smoke weed, drink or do drugs, and do the speed limit. So get back in your cave. Hope the people are ok and cops start enforcing the speed limits. That would be nice.

Friday, 5 January 2018, 10:51 am
  • There is no need for these accidents on a daily basis it’s all human error And getting worse

Thursday, 4 January 2018, 9:35 pm
  • Prayers for all.

Thursday, 4 January 2018, 9:21 pm
  • County Line n Waterfall has had too many wrecks they need a light there like yesterday!

Thursday, 4 January 2018, 9:12 pm
    • most crashes happen at traffic light intersections kind of debunks your thought…… call me crazy but i think its a bad driver problem instead…

Thursday, 4 January 2018, 11:43 pm
    • Just talking about this yesterday while waiting to safely drive onto County Line Rd. Seriously need a light there.

Friday, 5 January 2018, 9:56 am
    • I 100% agree. The intersection needs a design upgrade and quick.

Friday, 5 January 2018, 12:27 pm
  • I hope that everyone that was injured has a quick recovers. That Mariner Blvd is like the Daytona 500 Raceway. I was on that damn road today, doing fifty and that still wasn’t fast enough for the car behind me!!! He was honking his horn, riding my bumper….thank God I turned off Mariner in a few blocks. More Deputies are needed on Mariner….the tickets that they would give out will really pad the budget nicely!! And, “NO”, I don’t feel sorry for anyone that gets a ticket either. After all, that is what the Deputies are supposed to do…You Speed, You Get A Ticket!!

Thursday, 4 January 2018, 8:16 pm
    • Joanna, we’re you in the left or right lane? If it was the right lane the person was an irresponsible driver. If you were in the left lane and would not move over, you were the irresponsible driver. The left lane is for passing. Driving is not always about rights, some times it’s also about responsibilities. Example- Drivers have the right to be in the left lane, but should be responsible and move to the right lane when faster cars want to pass. The actual speed does not matter if all drivers would respect each other.

Friday, 5 January 2018, 3:45 am
      • Amen

Friday, 5 January 2018, 11:20 am

Friday, 5 January 2018, 11:57 am
        • If she were to make a left turn, she has the responsibility to make sure no one is in the other lane. That includes cars traveling in either direction. If a car is passing from behind and they are in a passing zone and in the left lane prior to the vehicle making a left, the vehicle making a left turn must ensure the path is clear. So yes the left lane can be used for passing and it would not matter if she was making a left hand trun. What else can I look up for you?

Saturday, 6 January 2018, 7:03 am
  • hope they all recover.

Thursday, 4 January 2018, 7:34 pm
  • Just now a wreck on county line and waterfall

Thursday, 4 January 2018, 7:34 pm
  • DAMN!! ppl think it’s daytona speedway, but it’s not! it’s mariner! slow down, pay attention!

Thursday, 4 January 2018, 7:30 pm