Nienhuis Under Fire for Allegedly Hiding Funds During Budget Hearings, Former Employee Says It was Intentional

HERNANDO – Just when we thought the drama was finally over between Sheriff Al Nienhuis and the Board of County Commissioners – think again. Over the last few months, new developments have emerged that may point the finger at Sheriff Al Nienhuis for what some have referred to as fraudulent activity. You may recall several heated debates between Nienhuis and the BOCC that led citizens to believe that commissioners were anti-law enforcement for questioning specific details of the Sheriff’s budget proposals. Now it seems the tables have turned, after a complaint was filed by the former third in command with HCSO, Maj. James Terry, who was recently “let go” during a shake up between top officials last April.

RNRF received information on April 6th that then-Maj. James Terry was escorted off HCSO property, after a dispute between his commanding officers. Spokesperson Denise Maloney told RNRF on July 6th that Terry was placed on administrative leave but that there were no allegations of criminal wrong-doing. She would not elaborate on the details of the dispute.

Terry alleges in his complaint, filed June 26th, that Nienhuis intentionally hid $1.3 million, collected from the U.S. Department of Justice on behalf of the U.S. Marshals Service to house federal inmates. Terry states, “I attended a meeting where in it was discussed between the comptroller and Sheriff Nienhuis that the Sheriff’s Office had $1.3 million dollars in an account from federal inmate revenue. The Sheriff said he did not want the County to know about it, or to turn it over. The Comptroller recommended moving it to an account, stating the county would not see it there. The Sheriff agreed. I expressed my concern about it to Col. Maurer on more than one occasion. The money was purposely hidden from the County Commission.” Terry recommended in this complaint that the BOCC review the funds collected and appeal to the Governor’s Office. Terry says Brian Moyer and Sheriff’s Office Attorney Joel Fritton have knowledge of the activity.Shortly after the announcement of Terry’s resignation, the Sheriff’s Office released several memos describing incidents they say led to his suspension. On April 4th, 2017 Terry was notified of his administrative leave with pay. Memos released on April 4th suggested that Terry made fun of Captain Jim Powers, calling him a “Uncle Fester M***er F***er.” A second incident involved Terry interfering with a SWAT operation that could have compromised the safety of other deputies. Several other memos were released after his dismissal from the Sheriff’s Office, listing unprofessional behavior over the course of his tenure with the agency. But none of those incidents led to disciplinary action until after Terry’s alleged accusations that Nienhuis was hiding money.

We tried to reach out to Terry for comment but now that has accepted a position with the County, as the Animal Services Manager, Administrators have asked that he no longer speak with the media.

On June 21st, I asked Denise Moloney to explain the budget issues pertaining to the undisclosed $1.3 million and she replied, “The Sheriff’s Office has special revenue funds (as does the county). These are separate “restricted” funds and can be found in our audited financial statements which are available on our website.” Moloney further stated, “Budgets for the SPFs are approved by a budget resolution signed by the Sheriff, not the BOCC.”

But what has some residents and member of the BOCC up in arms is the lack of transparency on the part of Sheriff Nienhius. Amid pressure from the community and the Sheriff’s Office appeal to the Governor’s Office to release the $1.7 million they say was needed to fulfill their annual budget, the BOCC set forth a compromise during a March 28th board meeting and relinquished $1.26 million to the HCSO. But that decision was announced based on the lack of knowledge that HCSO had an undisclosed reserve of $1.3 million, which could have been used during budget negotiations. Instead, some commissioners felt the Sheriff “played” the BOCC by alleging the BOCC was “anti-law enforcement.” Commissioner Steve Champion questioned the Nienhuis during a recent budget meeting as did Commissioner Wayne Dukes. But Nienhuis says he included the special revenue fund as part of his budget proposal. Dukes says he never saw it and requested the documentation again.

I spoke to Wayne Dukes last week who said, “I was extremely concerned by the news. He [Nienhuis] always talks about transparency.” Dukes further stated, “I’ll tell you one thing, it’s not going away.”

Commissioner Steve Champion tells RNRF, “I’m concerned about HCSO not reporting these funds to the public last year and this year. Our lawyers tell me it’s illegal and bottom line we need to get all accounting in line with state statute and continue to execute the original agreement set forth by former Sheriff Rich Nugent and the BOCC, back in 2010.”

Commissioner John Allocco returned our call but stated, “I’ll withhold comment at this time, as it’s too early to make a decision without all the facts.”

It should be noted that immediately after news broke of the controversy, Sheriff Al Nienhuis released a statement and posted a video praising his agency for raising $2-million from the Federal Inmate Housing Program. (CLICK HERE FOR Facebook Video)

All eyes will be focused on this Tuesday’s BOCC meeting where once again Commissioner and Sheriff Al Nienhuis will go head-to-head over what is becoming a never-ending battle of “Show me the money.”

The meeting will be held this Tuesday, July 11th at 9:00 a.m at John Law Ayers County Commission
Chambers, Room 160.

Comments
  • I can not say much about Mr. Nienhuis and what is going on without all the facts out yet. But what I can say is this is by far the worst its been in along time here in hernando county, I am out and never see any patrol cars I pass more that are parked at there house either on duty or off work who knows, people speeding and driving crazy down residential roads not main roads but side roads were kids walk. I have called the sheriffs office and get a nasty lady who answers which she clearly hates her job by the way, 2 times in the past 3 months no one even showed up to my call, if that is not a problem then we have way more issues cause now the phone lady plays judge and jury over what calls are important. And the best part if you do get someone to come out its a kid in training with no power to do anything but write down the info, god forbid we make a real deputy leave home to come investigate. Sad to say but i have absolutely no faith in my own county sheriffs department, You can make all the excuses you may want but the simple fact is we need a change we need someone make these morons think before there crimes.

Tuesday, 11 July 2017, 7:48 am
  • Expose them all the sheriff needs to be drug tested he looks like he’s under the influence everytime he does a live video an the truth is coming out because what goes in the dark comes to light it’s Federal funds I wonder wat happens to all the drug evidence an money it’s not obviously staying in evidence for years no crooked cops an sheriff here is selling it back to our streets that’s why we can’t clean the streets up I say investigate them all have grievance boxes available their are alot of good people an hcso are Makin them look horrible just because of their crooked authority look how the guy got away with shooting a gun on article above a lady an unborn that’s sad they got paid to do that thanks Tom for exposing this sheriff keep us updated don’t be scared to update don’t let them run you away an pay you off to delete this article

Tuesday, 11 July 2017, 12:49 am
  • This is nothing compared to what actually goes on

Monday, 10 July 2017, 9:42 pm
  • James Terrry the brother of known lying ex cop Shawn Terry who was arrested for lying under otah. I’ll reserve judgement unless proof sheriff did wrong. The Terry brothers are known liars.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 7:02 pm
    • sorry dude, but most of those cops at the Sheriff’s Office in Hernando County lie when they are under oath. nothing will change to ever fix that as long as my house is in there

Wednesday, 12 July 2017, 5:49 pm
  • Granny he did Express his concerns to color Maurer that’s why he’s gone

Monday, 10 July 2017, 4:30 pm
  • It amazes me how every time someone gets fired or resigns they suddenly have dirt to throw. Yet as long as you were there? Not a peep! Why now? If you were that worried why would you not have said something then? You arrest people for that? Don’t worry Nienhuis the truth will prevail. Everyone is so quick to judge. If Mr. Terry was doing his job of protecting and serving our community he would have filed his complaint the minute he knew for a fact! I mean we citizens would have been arrested by him had that been us. However he sat quietly until now. Thank you Sherriff Nienhuis and the HCSO for your service!

Monday, 10 July 2017, 2:45 pm
  • There’s no story here. Move along people. HCSO receives funds from various sources. The federal funds were in fact disclosed and delegated for a specific purpose. I am so over this BOCC crap…hoping to see changes and better teamwork with Allocco. Our county’s population is exploding and the budget for HCSO needs to reflect that. I think it’s sad that our heroes who serve & protect have to beg for funding. Who are you going to call when your life is in danger? There is a serious drug epidemic and we have to do a better job of being proactive to get a handle on it. No one wants the dangerous and thankless work that HCSO handles.

PS Judging from the posted pic above, it is Terry who could be Uncle Fester illegitimate child. Glad to see he is where he belongs…in the pound.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 2:13 pm
  • Roger Wilcox: Social media is not the appropriate place for all the “yes, buts” and the “what ifs.” I would prefer you contact us at one of the methods listed here

But BRIEFLY: The simple answer is that you need Reasonable Suspicion to hold some “briefly” and for a “reasonable” amount of time while you investigate a possible crime (“briefly” is not defined and is dependent on the circumstances) and you need Probable Cause to arrest that person. Although there is not a specific time (each situation is different) that you can hold someone on Reasonable Suspicion (which occurs while you are attempting to develop Probable Cause), most would agree that it is never 24 hours (maybe trying to foil a terrorist plot with a weapon of mass destruction or some other extreme case it would be allowable).

Once Probable Cause is developed, you can make the arrest, but they must see a judge at the next First Appearance (First Appearance occurs 365 days a year and they are brought before a judge via our Detention staff). The judge verifies that the law enforcement officer had Probable Cause

If you only have Reasonable Suspicion and hold a person too long, you can violate their rights. Letting them “go” can be frustrating (especially for a rookie), but making a good case and getting a warrant is almost always the safest bet in the long run (to make a good case AND avoid liability for violating the person’s rights).

I hope this helps.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 12:58 pm
    • Thank you for response.Just can’t understand why the drug canines were not called in and as far as probable cause goes,the whole damm thing was suspicious.Didn’t anyone think of putting a tail on them just in case?You could have perhaps smelled alchahol on the pilot,done a field sobriety test,maybe bluffed a breath test,anything to stall until a warrant arrived.This is really bad and it smacks as a cover up,or at least,gross negligence…

Monday, 10 July 2017, 4:46 pm
      • They were too damn lazy to get a judge out of bed to sign a warrant it sure doesn’t take 6-8 hours to write up the pc affidavit

Monday, 10 July 2017, 6:04 pm
      • They had no probable cause when they did this. Additionally, they falsified the arrest affidavit and other witness reports. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcALFqeX75E&t=46s

Tuesday, 11 July 2017, 8:34 am
      • These men started stalking me, the neice of the DePalmas prior to the homicides. I begged for help from Hillsborough County Sheriff to no avail. Finally got a protective order granted. The twin brothers have a history of violence in Hernando as well an ex wife that lived 5 minutes from crime.. Hernando refused to prosecute these men with a long history of violence against women and children. I informed Hernando immediately after the murders of my family that these men had conflict and were stalking my family with reports in Hillsborough. I continued to follow up. Instead of arresting or prosecuting these known predators, they wrongfully arrested my teen son and falsified arrest affidavit which does not match video, accessed my children at school terrorized our community in Lutz, Fl were conducting illegal searches and caught doing so which was also reported. I have been threatened and what they have done is empower predators and since they have continued to escalate in their activity continued to stalk my family and while I fight for our lives I get harassed by Sheriff??? Why are they protecting these dangerous men with multiple victims and falsifying documents while they terrorize our community? Murder, stalking, wrongful arrest, twin predators, they could have solved the DePalma homicides immediately, instead they have dragged our family through an unimaginable hell. THEY KNOW WHO these men are and can relate them with many witnesses and evidence. They chose not to and then chose to terrorize children? WHY? HERNANDO POLITICS, STATE POLITICS killing families. Intentionally endangering public by allowing killers to go free.

Tuesday, 11 July 2017, 8:43 am
  • Mr. Nienhuis has been caught cheating the system once again. First it’s with the Dawn Center and now this. This man needs to be fired and charged with a crime and the department needs a big shake up. Tom, why I’m on the topic of cheating the system why don’t you do some research on how many personnel have filed sink hole claims from the Sheriff’s Office over the past 10 years. You and the rest of Hernando County would probably have a heart attack of the scam they all pulled.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 12:47 pm
    • What happened with Dawn Center?

Monday, 10 July 2017, 6:10 pm
    • Yes, what happened with the Dawn center?

Thursday, 13 July 2017, 7:59 am
  • Hope they all go down all the complaints an two felonies that I never committed can never get a good paying job because of false officers with false reports have cost me my life ts sad officer Snyder an officer masticelli I tried filing a compaint in person it didn’t go through

Monday, 10 July 2017, 12:17 pm
    • I filed multiple complaints through multiple agencies, you are not alone.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 6:34 pm
    • Oh yes most corrupted

Monday, 10 July 2017, 9:35 pm
  • Yeah ok we all know the direct lines you have to Brad King’s, FDLE the governor ect.

Tom check into the inmate phone company for the jail. It use to be embark and was owned by the sheriff’s former boss Bob White

Monday, 10 July 2017, 8:48 am
    • No doubt, King has been appointed special prosecutor by Governor multiple times now. Michelle O’Connell case now supreme court with Aramis Ayala. Our cases they absolutely refused to arrest predators who were stalking our family prior to and since the murders of our family they have concealed evidence, tampered with witnesses, obstructed justice.. State terrorism for sure. Shame our beautiful State, Counties and communities are plagued with criminals going free while public officials pursue their personal gain and endanger public.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 7:28 pm
  • The Sheriffs told the commission the truth,he is trying to run a system,under budget and with more demands made on his dept unlike other county sheriff depts .Hernando county ,deputys are under paid ,retention is hard ,crime is up and our commissioners dont want to make the hard choices,raise taxes,stop dredging for the few,start charging people for lousy property,mow there lawns remove the trash from your yards and clean up hernando county.the Sheriffs dept is doing a fantastic job,every day .Thank you Sheriff Nienhuis

Monday, 10 July 2017, 7:43 am
    • You are being deceived.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 11:25 am
  • Also, because of the very serious written allegation of fraud, I personally talked to the Comissioner of FDLE about a week and a half ago, and requested that he assign an investigator from the Office of Executive Investigations to get to the bottom of it.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 6:34 am
    • Let me ask you flat out.I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt,but,the incident with the plane flying in with 200lbs of pot(197 of what was recovered) and you let them go when you could have held them for at least 24 hrs,why ? And then you said that they would be in custody very soon.Please clear this up. This looks really bad….

Monday, 10 July 2017, 8:54 am
    • While you are now interacting with FDLE on your accusations, would you please follow up with my Internal Affairs complaint against your department along with my repeated requests for FDLE assistance in the corruption of the DePalma double homicide investigation? I would sincerely appreciate your cooperation on that. Our lives are in danger and you know it. YET when I requested assistance you directed your agency employees not to speak with me. You also declined my assistance for FDLE assistance. NOW you want FDLE assistance, I bet you do. How about we stop the discrimination of violence against women and stop the terror of innocent families and start doing the ethical things?
      This is my request to you asking you to request assistance of FDLE in case you do not have it handy.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 9:18 am
    • Oh AND THERE IS THIS: Why is Phil Lakin still an employee of your department after terrorizing my children? Of course, he did not act alone but why is this corruption, falsification of arrest affidavit and other witness reports being covered up? Terrorizing women and their children? Why is this OK? Where are the ethics? Why do you allow this? Why are you participating in the cover up of double homicide of a loved Veteran and his beautiful wife THEN additionally terrorize their family when you are fully aware of the dangerous predators who continue to terrorize our family? Why do you intentionally endanger the public by covering up knowledge of these dangerous men? WHY is your life more important than ours?? My Uncle and Aunt, Patrick and Evelyn DePalma deserve more respect from their community than to be disrespected by you covering up their murders and terrorizing their family to keep it quiet. I have begged for 11 years for you all to do the right thing, in the meantime my family has been murdered, injured, terrorized to a point when I called your office for help you refused to speak to me and you instructed your officers not to speak to me when my life was in danger and I was trying to report dangerous activity by suspects in these murders you instructed your officers not to take the information? These men have killed have a 25 year history of violence against women why are you protecting them while they kill and terrorize then additionally instructing your staff not to help and or help the predators? What in the hell? Care to respond? I am all ears if you are in the mood to chat.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 9:27 am
      • Monday, 10 July 2017, 9:28 am
      • So many of us have been terrorized. I keep saying and I believe it, this is State terrorism by all parties involved against our citizens for their personal gain. They are protecting killers and re-victimizing families. So sorry Donna, for your loss and your continued terror dealing with this. I have been dealing with these same entities for over a decade now and it is brutal on our families. We cannot move on, we cannot heal, we are robbed of our lives too, our loved ones killed and when we try to additionally protect society from further endangerment by speaking up we are put through pure hell. It is so wrong. My heart goes out to you. I know this walk it is so horrible, devastating and continued shock that there seems to be absolutely no conscious of these public officials while they inflict terror. Children!! The children! What example are they given when they see their Mothers and Grandmothers and families terrorized by ‘safety officers’.. wow it is so dis-heartening when we work so diligently to keep them safe stranger danger (when the friendly officers are taking lives) and teach them to be honorable and these agencies and officials teach them deceit, terror, concealing evidence, truth it is against everything that we should be teaching our children and their losses of stability and safety. grrrrr I pray for our communities who are so innocent to the real truth, that there are killers among them because the agencies are too busy fulfilling their own power trips and dreams and chasing the $$ to do their jobs properly and keep the oath they took to protect our constitution they are the ones violating our rights and empowering the criminals. Heartbroken. Yes, angry, but just heart broken at the terror and loss inflicted on the children caught in the crossfire destroying generations of families by psychologically terrorizing them, murder is horrible, taking the survivor’s lives by corruption is vile. Pray our voices will someday be heard by someone with some ethics and strong enough to do something about this terror before it takes more lives.. <3 standing with you, Love, Kel

Monday, 10 July 2017, 11:24 am
        • Ms.Bostick,I watched that youtube part of the interogg…What is funny is that the detective who was doing the voice analyzer stress test was under internal affairs investigation for Dr. shopping and also was caught with dirty urine for narcotics.Its all public record.He resigned before being fired.Deputy Lakin did a horrible job and the scary thing is that he is a leutenant now.Also the detective who did the voice stress test was John Cameron sr.His son is a leutenant now at the Hernando county sheriffs office named John Cameron Jr.Your son should have never volunteered to talk.No one should!! what u say is goodbye to the cop!!He was railroaded..I hope u sued for false incarceration…I can write a book on what goes on there.The sheriff wasn’t even a cop in his past..Has no clue..The dept. is in shambles!!!

Monday, 10 July 2017, 5:27 pm
          • Mike, it has been a horrific experience, they continued to harass us putting gps on our vehicles slandering us in media. My children bullied and terrified. My career impacted, lost my job, my home because of their lies. They attacked my credibility because they are corrupt. They are so arrogant about it. Neinhuis gave an order to his staff not to talk to me even when I called to report information about the predators preying on our family in a double homicide, then I was harassed by them?? Took me 3 years to get copy of the interrogation they threatened me it is unreal what they put my children and I through and it continues. That show was only minutes of what they put my son through. I lost everything I have fighting this because of the slander and I am still stalked. Six months after the wrongful arrest of my son my brother was brain injured. I have called pleading for help from the stalkers with a criminal history of violence and they refuse . They covered up the knowledge of the real predators and attacked my family. So far no attorney will take the case I guess they are scared of them too.. I am talking to many about it still trying to get my family help. I am sure my son will appreciate knowing the information you shared. Every single bit helps us. I would love to hear anything you could share. It is sad that they take innocent people’s lives and protect criminals, so so sad. Terrifying when I am trying to protect our family and they are the ones terrorizing us. Hard to explain to your children when the bad guys are in uniform.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 6:22 pm
          • MSNBC said it was worst story and producer and crew were shocked when they met with us what they learned. It is so sad that they have continued this behavior. I was really hoping that some would have a change of heart and do the right thing but that has not happened. I understand there are a few who have tried and look what happens, they are attacked. Anyone who stands up against the corruption are attacked. This goes through SAO Brad King too.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 6:30 pm
    • Who gave you the authority to put it in a special revenue account? Missing your trying to cover your a$$. where is the copy of the letter you sent to FDLE? There is no letter. Once again you have lied.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 10:17 am
  • Regarding the article on the Federal Inmate program, I thought you might find some of the follow references interesting.

If you look at the following link (at about 1 hour and 51 minutes, during Major Page’s Q&A time), there is mention of the Federal Inmate program. This occurred in February of 2017.

I would also recommend looking at the following link, under “Reports and Budgets.” You will find if you look through the budget cover letters (Example June 1st 2015) in most of the recent budgets the Federal Inmate program is mentioned. You will also notice that the program (and the revenue from that program) is listed in our independent audit. Lastly, not a DIME of the money has been spent.

You will notice that the communication during our budget appeal was strained, so the money was put into a “Special Revenue Account” pending a better relationship with a new board.

http://www.hernandosheriff.org (Reports and Budgets)

There are probably other references, but these are a couple I found in just a few minutes.

I hope this helps.

Monday, 10 July 2017, 6:32 am
    • “Lastly, not a DIME of the money has been spent.”
      SO,legitimate question here.. IF a person moves money to a secret location for safe keeping, money that they took from an entity without consent and does not spend the money, is it not a crime? Does that make it better if they get caught and did not spend the money?

Monday, 10 July 2017, 10:41 am
      • It wasn’t in a secret location…perhaps you can’t read. Let me dumb it down for you. It was IN FACT disclosed. If funds are allocated for certain expenses, those funds cannot be used on new equipment, new vehicles, SWAT, etc…does BOCC think just because there is federal $ that the other expenses can be covered with $ set aside for that purpose…now THAT would be illegal.
        Keep up the good work Officers!!

Monday, 10 July 2017, 2:26 pm
        • Since you seem to be the expert on these funds maybe you would be the person to ask and be able to clarify. I have been curious, if a law suit is filed for obstruction of justice and misconduct related issues relative to Hernando County agencies who pays that? Just curious who would be involved in disbursing those funds and where would they come from?

Monday, 10 July 2017, 9:46 pm
  • Its time for FDLE to investigate the sheriffs department and for what ever is found, charges should be forthcoming to put an end to what many believe is a corrupt department at the very top.
    Just saw where his command vehicle was decorated (really) understand that he said most of the costs was donated money and it didn’t cost the county very much. Who still believes in our sheriff now?

Monday, 10 July 2017, 4:25 am
  • The Sheriff is a snake!!! He’ll get his KARMA one day! We need a new sheriff

Monday, 10 July 2017, 12:47 am
  • Lets see how this pans out.O Boy. Does not look to good but there will be fun this Tuesday Night at the BOCC meeting.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 11:42 pm
  • Nutthouse is crooked. He’s a liar and so is half of his department.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 10:45 pm
  • Oh boy here we go again another AREA 51 Cover up ! First The Blueberry Festival,then The Fairgrounds fireworks,and now here we are again HCSO, Its great to live in a true Area 51 where the cover Ups just keep coming.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 10:03 pm
    • AREA 51 has mystique, hcso does not. They are transparent in dealing with their “friends” ( translation good old boyism ) but not transparent with budgets & monies. PLEASE STOP COMPARING hernando county WITH AREA 51 !! THE INTRIGUE & MYSTERY SURROUNDING AREA 51 IS UNIQUE hernando county is not nor is hcso “games”.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 10:43 pm
  • That guy Kneehigh is just a SCUMBAG !!!!

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 9:51 pm
  • SMH, What next?!

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 8:46 pm
  • Welcome to Hernando County, USA!

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 8:28 pm
  • I’m so glad Hernando got Nienhuis and we got Nocco in Pasco. He’s been a great sheriff.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 8:19 pm
    • The predators stalking our family, started stalking me in Lutz, FL …my family killed in hernando and they currently last known reside in Pasco.. be careful..

Monday, 10 July 2017, 12:15 pm
  • I’m sure if you keep digging you will find that there are a lot of thing the sheriff has kept from the public

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 8:09 pm
  • Well it’s not the only instance where former hcso employees have come forward with information. But it’s the only time they can or they get smeared and accused of false hoods. This is a pattern with Nienhuis check the way he worked in Pasco and the number of really good people there lost jobs for questioning actions of the administration.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 7:57 pm
  • Well *HELL*! what next. This country is a a whirlwind of $$it and one of our highly respected HCSO is getting into a Deep hole.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 7:47 pm
    • YOUR highly respected hcso dug his own deep hole.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 10:32 pm